Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: The Missing Voxels - Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: The Missing Voxels - Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack

User is offline   mxrtxn 

I was seeing Reaperman´s Duke Nukem voxel proyect the other day: http://forums.duke4....-3d-voxel-pack/
and I thought: What about Duke´s missing eastern cousing, Lo Wang?

As you know Shadow Warrior only had voxels for only the most important things in the games (weapons, keys, items, switches etc) the rest only had sprites. Well some awesome voxels designers of the late 90s/early 00s made some voxels for some of the other non-interactive elements of the game.

Using a special program I decided to extract all of them and let them available to anyone. Here´s pic of some of them:

Posted Image

It would be great if some of them could be added to the original Shadow Warrior game like the stone lamps, the ketchup, the bars, table, the parking etc, like Reaperman did with his voxel pack for Duke Nukem

UPDATE: Several of the voxels that are useful to the classic Shadow Warrior are now included with the txt to convert the sprites to its correspondent voxel. Check links below.

SHADOW WARRIOR VOXEL PACK DOWNLOAD

Updated: May 23rd 2021
https://www.mediafir...pdated.rar/file

IMPORTANT: For the animated voxels you will need Hendricks SWP patch:

hendricks266.duke4.net/stuff/swp_433_beta2_patch6.7z

Now includes new voxels + light on/off switches voxels courtesy of Reaperman!

I also added a README file so now you can disable the voxel you don´t like leaving intact the rest!

It works in Shadow Warrior Redux too!

Now it is only one voxel pack that works for all (Swp, Classic, Redux)

INSTALATION (SWP): Just copy and past the content of the folder to the folder where you have the sw.grp and SWP (I have both in the same folder)

INSTALATION (Redux): To install the pack on Shadow Warrior Redux (steam) just extract the content of folder in the gameroot folder:

Steam ---> SteamApps ---> common ---> Shadow Warrior Classic ---> gameroot (here´s where you extract the voxel pack)

INSTALATION (DOS - Shadow Warrior Classic 1997): To install the pack on Shadow Warrior Redux (steam) just extract the content of folder in the gameroot folder:

Steam ---> SteamApps ---> common ---> Shadow Warrior Original ---> gameroot (here´s where you extract the voxel pack)

I included a README file so you can disable the voxels you don´t like.

I think that some particular sprites could serve as model for some of the missing voxels in Reaperman´s Duke Nukem Voxel (for the fire extinguisher and other elements). I hope you find them useful...

By the way some of the voxels were actually created as a replacement for some items in some Shadow Warrior addons (for instance a flame thrower to replace the guardian´s head...)

Credits: All the credits of course must go to the original creators of these voxels! (I just extracted them using a program originally thought for duke). I mean the creators of the following Shadow Warrior Addons: WIWY, Park (Yves Bresson, The Grape, Sheri Sleyzak and rest of the team), TNE, The Last Warrior. I also modified one voxel (tcast) from the Blood Voxel Pack.(couldn´t locate the exact voxel creator)

(I couldn´t find who exactly made these voxels as they worked as a team: one guy programing, another guy made the maps, another effects, art etc...)

I Hope you will find them useful for your proyects!

Martin

I renamed the voxels useful for the normal Shadow Warrior so instead of 3.KVX it will be STONELAMP.KVX, PARASOL.KVX, JOYSTICK.KVX etc etc...

I also modify the SWVOXFIL.TXT so the sprites can be converted into voxels. Understand that these are not all the voxels for every single sprite of Shadow Warrior. There are several sprites that don´t have voxels yet like the samurai helmet, the cups, the electric lamp, corpses, bones etc etc... eventually I will create them ( now making them :wub: )

More screenshots here:

http://swforum05.pro...rior-voxel-pack

HAVE FUN!

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 22 June 2021 - 09:09 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

They look really really good :wub:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's not just shadow warrior, but mods can also use some of that art! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it'd be a shame to let that stuff slide out of memory.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostPlain Simple Garek, on 18 December 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

It's not just shadow warrior, but mods can also use some of that art! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it'd be a shame to let that stuff slide out of memory.

LOL I almost don´t post it for fear of some saying " how dare you posting this in the Duke Nukem forum!" lol.... Seems noboy likes Lo Wang anymore...

I guess It shouldn´t be that hard to replace some of the sprites of the original shadow warrior with some of these "new" voxels, right?

Wish Reaperman could chim in and give me some advice...

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 18 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

IIRC, the SWHRP already includes some additional voxels. I'll look into throwing these in.

(Man, the SWHRP really slips my mind. I don't give it the attention it deserves... but neither does anyone else.)

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 18 December 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

IIRC, the SWHRP already includes some additional voxels. I'll look into throwing these in.

(Man, the SWHRP really slips my mind. I don't give it the attention it deserves... but neither does anyone else.)

I would if I had the techincal knowledge...

By the way:

Hendricks, is it techincally possible to add them to the classic Shadow Warrior as well to replace some sprites for those who want to play it like the old days?

And if so, how?

Thank you :wub:

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 18 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Hey Hendricks, I've have been waiting over a year now for you to confirm and add back in the last 20 or so of my textures and models that got lost in the re-organizing.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View Postmxrtxn, on 18 December 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

Hendricks, is it techincally possible to add them to the classic Shadow Warrior as well to replace some sprites for those who want to play it like the old days?

And if so, how?

Thank you :wub:

Martin

You mean the DOS version? Sure. You can use kextract to pull a file named SWVOXFIL.TXT out of SW.GRP. Follow the instructions for its format that it contains and leave your edited file and all the voxel files in the same folder as your SW.EXE and SW.GRP.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Awesome, ill have a look at these tomorrow and see if any can be added to the Duke 3D Voxel pack.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostReaperMan, on 18 December 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Awesome, ill have a look at these tomorrow and see if any can be added to the Duke 3D Voxel pack.

There is one voxel of the original sw (not included in the link above) that seems it wasn´t used at all and I think could work for duke nukem.

I will post it in your voxel proyect thread.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 19 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 18 December 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

You mean the DOS version? Sure. You can use kextract to pull a file named SWVOXFIL.TXT out of SW.GRP. Follow the instructions for its format that it contains and leave your edited file and all the voxel files in the same folder as your SW.EXE and SW.GRP.

It worked!

Although I cannot use kextract for some reason... never worked. I used a program called GRPVIEWER. That is the same program I used to extract the voxels from the shadow warrior addons. (Don´t know why keyextract doesn´t work)

VICTORY!

Posted Image

For those who cannot use kextract to install the voxels. I strongly suggest you to download the GRPVIEWER program. It is easy to use. I had no problems using it.

Thanks to Hendricks for your help and for keeping Shadow Warrior alive!

P.S. If someone still doesn´t know how to update the voxels, let me know and in this thread I will explain step by step how to install the voxels!

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 19 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View Postmxrtxn, on 19 December 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

[b]Although I cannot use kextract for some reason... never worked.

[b]For those who cannot use kextract to install the voxels.

You might not have realized that kextract is a command-line program. I'm glad you were able to figure out an alternate path though.

View Postmxrtxn, on 19 December 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

P.S. If someone still doesn´t know how to update the voxels, let me know and in this thread I will explain step by step how to install the voxels!

There's nothing wrong with posting a zip that contains just the new voxels and your edited SWVOXFIL.TXT. That way, users could just unzip to install.

User is offline   Lunick 

I would appreciate a unzip to install option :wub:

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostLunick, on 19 December 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

I would appreciate a unzip to install option :D

Here you go:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.gigasize....get/w678o9mgh3d

INSTALATION: Just copy and past the content of the folder to the folder where you have the sw.grp and SWP (I have both in the same folder)

ENJOY IT!!! :wub:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I see now there's a problem that many objects such as those parking machine things are facing the wrong way, which might break the immersion for some. We need LeoD to do some maphacks, if they don't exist already for the SWHRP.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostPlain Simple Garek, on 19 December 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

I see now there's a problem that many objects such as those parking machine things are facing the wrong way, which might break the immersion for some. We need LeoD to do some maphacks, if they don't exist already for the SWHRP.
Judging by the logfiles it seems that neither SW Classic Redux nor SWP support maphacks.

• Weaponized Autism

I believe they do support maphacks, but they don't apply to voxels. Do EDuke32's maphacks apply to voxels?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHendricks266, on 20 December 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

I believe they do support maphacks, but they don't apply to voxels. Do EDuke32's maphacks apply to voxels?
Yes, but only angoff; pitch and roll (and therefore md[x|y|z]off) are not supported for voxels (yet?). I haven't tried notmd or nomdanim.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostHendricks266, on 19 December 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

You might not have realized that kextract is a command-line program. I'm glad you were able to figure out an alternate path though.

There's nothing wrong with posting a zip that contains just the new voxels and your edited SWVOXFIL.TXT. That way, users could just unzip to install.

- LOL, I had no idea... to be honest I am an absolute newbie in the world of duke nukem, shadow warrior tools... As a matter of fact I had my first dukenukem deathmatch only a few months ago...

- Yes, I thought the same. Why bother the user with modifying the txt files searching the sprite number etc. I already included the link with the voxels renamed and the modified txt file.

About the rest of the sprites that still doesn´t have its correspondent voxel. I am working on that, I am now learning how to make those voxels.

Here´s my first try: A sort of sake bottle voxel for shadow warrior.

Posted Image

Yes I know... PATIENCE!

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 20 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

Looks like you just need to apply a color palette to it.

When in slab6 go to tool/replace palette and convert colors.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostReaperMan, on 20 December 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Looks like you just need to apply a color palette to it.

When in slab6 go to tool/replace palette and convert colors.

So if I extract the palete files from the Shadow Warrior game and replace it in the Slab6 program I won´t see this as the colors I have available?
This were the only colors I could use when making the coffee cup voxel:

Posted Image

This is the coffee cup voxel I made, the several colors you see I did them like that to help me "carve" the shape of the coffee cup in Slab6. I hope I´ll be able to replace it with the original colors.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 20 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Under tools-->replace palette and convert colors
Then select any voxel that already works in game, every voxel will have it's own palette coded inside it.

User is offline   Lunick 

They look really good in-game :wub:

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostLunick, on 20 December 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

They look really good in-game :wub:

I am happy to hear that.

I am currently trying to convert into voxels the rest of the sprites. Nevertheless It will take some time, as you can see in the pictures above I am still learning how to use Slab6....

Martin

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDrek, on 20 December 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Under tools-->replace palette and convert colors
Then select any voxel that already works in game, every voxel will have it's own palette coded inside it.

Thank you! :wub:

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Problem Solved!

I did what you said. But I used the original sw palette file to add the colors

Posted Image

Now its time to remove the pink voxel cubes. Making voxels really consumes time! It gives me a new respect to the guys who spent hours making them...

Thank you ReaperMan and Drek

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 24 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Guys I am currently working on the other sprites. I have some echoes with the soap dispenser.

Seems I discovered the echoe. Sprite2Voxel doesn´t make that the voxel is presented in "front view" on Slab6 after the sprite it´s converted into voxel.

If anyone knows how to make Spirte2Voxel shows me the converted voxel in Slab6 in a front view no a side view. I would be very grateful if you let me know

I can even replace the soapdispenser with any other voxel in the game, for instance:

1st level wanton destruction / level 18 normal shadow warrior:

Posted Image

Thanks

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 05 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Rotate the voxel with < and > then go to tool and press, "set default orientation: what you set", then save.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostReaperMan, on 05 January 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Rotate the voxel with < and > then go to tool and press, "set default orientation: what you set", then save.

Thanks ReaperMan I checked in both maps and the soapdispenser is rotated correctly but now I have the following problem:

Posted Image

How Can I make it to be sticked to the wall, I mean to get rid of the space between the dispenser and the wall? (I hadn´t this problem when replacing it with the switch in the earlier example) it now looks like the dispenser is floating in the air.

Seems in Slab6 the axis to make it spin is outside the voxel..rare...

Thanks again for your help ReaperMan, I really appreciate your help (hope you have found the camera voxel I sent you useful for duke)

Martin

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 05 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Your pivots are off.

Go to Tool and select "adjust pivots" then move the back pivot to the wall, it should be 0.

Edit: never mind, just move the backing of the voxel to 0 so its flush with the wall. Also you should adjust all your pivots so the voxel is centered, as S2V likes to mess them up.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 05 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options