• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Website Suggestions  "Contribute your ideas!"

User is online   Sangman 

The dark skin is still active for me :'(

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostSobek, on Sep 18 2009, 05:51 PM, said:

I'd also like to agree with wishing to have an 'edited by' timer on posts.

The only edit timer in our board settings is one which controls the permission for editing posts after a certain elapsed time; we've set it to infinite by popular request.

There's also an option to allow users to remove the 'edited by' notice on their posts, but we have that turned off. Do you think it might be a good idea to turn it on because of the example you gave? (Since there's no timer option for that.)

View PostSangman, on Sep 19 2009, 01:02 PM, said:

The dark skin is still active for me :'(

I've set it back to the original light theme; however, you can change your theme anytime from the drop-down box at the bottom left of the forums. I'm talking to TX about it to see what's up.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostYatta, on Sep 20 2009, 01:18 AM, said:

There's also an option to allow users to remove the 'edited by' notice on their posts, but we have that turned off. Do you think it might be a good idea to turn it on because of the example you gave? (Since there's no timer option for that.)

Ahem... http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=22324

User is offline   Kathy 

ARGHHH! How much money do I need to donate so that people begin posting in the forums?

User is online   Sangman 

If by "how much money do I need to donate" you mean "how many interesting topics do I need to create" then you'd have a question that makes sense. Make some fun threads. As in not about the Emo subculture or Twilight. :o

User is offline   Kathy 

Ouch! That was actually a good point. :o

User is offline   Kathy 

I suggest making the headline of the news the link to the news itself. It would be easier to share it via copy&paste. The only I found was the comments link.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

This needs to be a permanent emoticon, because its so awesome.
Posted Image

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Not in a millliiooon years..

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostSplat, on Sep 9 2010, 03:04 PM, said:

Not in a millliiooon years..

:D

User is offline   TinfoilHat 

YouTube BBCode :D

*or it is in here, but i don't notice it?*

This post has been edited by TinfoilHat: 09 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostTinfoilHat, on Sep 9 2010, 10:37 PM, said:

YouTube BBCode :D

Why?

I don't think it is here but I'm not sure why you would want it...other than to slow the load times of pages and make it so suddenly while I'm reading a thread some video starts and disrupts my reading.

User is offline   TinfoilHat 

Sorry, i didnt' make it clear enough. I ment that one dedicated thread where it's allowed to use.

It's fun when you have sonme beers and relax and listeng stuff from YouTube and like to share it with others too :D

• I have the power!

I do wish there were more threads...

But the potential of abuse is astronomical. Hell, there were 2 rickrolls in the DNF thread. That is without YouTube code. Imagine what could happen...

But it is up to the mods. I'm just voicing my opinion that it could get out of control and be disruptive.

This post has been edited by Mr.Flibble: 10 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'd like to see some more info on the ranking system. Like I have no idea what the symbol that appears next to my name in posts means, or the circled dots, and I know my duke nukem monster label upgrades with the more posts I make, but I don't know how that works either.

Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMicky C, on Sep 18 2010, 02:31 PM, said:

Like I have no idea what the symbol that appears next to my name in posts means

It shows your online status. Activated(orange) - online, deactivated - offline.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Aww really? damn, I used to think I was special :) thanks anyway Lotan

This post has been edited by Micky C: 18 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMicky C, on Sep 18 2010, 12:31 PM, said:

I'd like to see some more info on the ranking system. Like I have no idea what the symbol that appears next to my name in posts means,

It indicates if you are logged in.

or the circled dots

More posts, more dots

and I know my duke nukem monster label upgrades with the more posts I make, but I don't know how that works either.

You could have found that out easily by sorting the forum members by their number of posts

0 * Protozoid Slimer
10 ** Slimer Egg
20 ** Shark
30 ** Turret
40 *** Assault Trooper
100 *** Assault Captain
200 *** Sentry Drone
300 **** Pig Cop
400 **** Octabrain
500 **** Enforcer
600 ****Pig Cop Recon
700 ***** Protector Drone
800 ***** Assault Commander
900 ***** Pig Cop Tank
1000 ****** Battle Lord
1500 ****** Overlord
1507 ****** Yatta's Bitch :)
2000 ****** Cycloid Emperor

I suggest to demote you to Assault Trooper at least for not finding that out for yourself. :)

Off topic - could some administrator please move the 'NB(C?)BP' thread from 'Duke Nukem General' to 'User map and level editing discussion'?

Edit: "Assault Commander" (was "... Tyrant ...")
Edit2: "Cycloid Emperor"

This post has been edited by LeoD: 24 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Those two are custom.

• I have the power!

I have 1400 posts? It kind of sucks that the Overlord is at all of 1500 posts. That isn't even that many.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostLeoD, on Sep 18 2010, 03:34 AM, said:

Off topic - could some administrator please move the 'NB(C?)BP' thread from 'Duke Nukem General' to 'User map and level editing discussion'?

Yeah, that should be done. I've been wondering about that ever since the maps section was created.

User is offline   Kathy 

Can't we have a subforum for duke4 news? Threads will be created automatically after the news post and 'comments' will link to the forum thread. 3drealms.com has something like that(although not automatically but the news post is linked with forum thread). I also saw this on other site/forum.

Although, with different user bases for site and forums I doubt anyone would bother with this. It's just... I never go to news site. And I'm surely not gonna register there to comment.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I agree with this.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostMr.Flibbles, on May 12 2009, 12:09 PM, said:

Wouldn't that just destroy any load speeds? I am not saying I don't think it is cool, just that it would kill bandwidth wouldn't it?

Also, that would also be an html string...which would probably open up to way too many attacks.

Not really, because they don't load until you hit play. Until then, it just loads the flash player portion of it, which is very, very small.

And no, it wouldn't be an HTML String, it would be like this:

That's how it works on my forums.

View PostStrikerMan780, on Sep 24 2010, 04:48 AM, said:

Not really, because they don't load until you hit play. Until then, it just loads the flash player portion of it, which is very, very small.

And no, it wouldn't be an HTML String, it would be like this:

That's how it works on my forums.

M8 you quoted that a bit late didn't you? May 2009! jeez over a year later.....

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postblackharted, on Sep 24 2010, 01:24 PM, said:

M8 you quoted that a bit late didn't you? May 2009! jeez over a year later.....

Maybe he did, but this is a thread revolved around nothing but website suggestions. This isn't a normal thread that's supposed to die out within a few weeks. This thread was made with the intention of lasting forever where everyone can throw in their suggestions. That being said, he can quote a three year old post in this thread if he wants to. :)

Not to mention I'm sure you've quoted a few dated posts also, being the troll you try to be. There's a time you can quote and not quote those, and that fail here is that you're too sucky of a troll to know the difference between these. :)

• I have the power!

Hmm. Turns out YouTube BBCode has been suggested more than once....I knew it looked familiar. And I commented on it both times. Holy shit that is repetitive.

• I have the power!

I'd like to resurrect some old requests:
I want spoilers working again. Sure, they don't get used often* but especially now that DNF is probably coming out, it may be useful for discussion there. The other reason is that this site may get an increase in users/postsperday which would include people branching out of the DNF forum (possibly and probably spreading a plague throughout the board).
*Of course, since they don't work well, why would anyone use them? A gun without bullets isn't used but that doesn't mean you should get rid of it...you need bullets.

This also goes with the possible increase in traffic: about that "mature" forum/tag idea that has been tossed around... we all know those mods are going to pop up for DNF....

Also, since it was suggested but no one has taken the step to do it, I'm going to make a Photoshop thread and any mod who doesn't like the idea can just delete it (but please don't ban me for it :) )

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Spoilers do work, just not as good as we had it before we updated the forum:

Spoiler

Also, the front page now has [youtube][/youtube] functionality. This can be added to the forum in later updates we do.

Subforum for news a la 3DR was considered before we even launched in 2005, but using the built-in comments system in our CMS allows more flexibility especially when the forums are unavailable. Also, streamlining news into threads is a complicated process which I think Joe did manually for 3DR. I wrote a script a while back which did it automatically (see news post on http://www.aliensgame.net) but which was not used for Duke4.net because it can break during updates (and we do A LOT OF code updates).

• I have the power!

The problem with the
Spoiler
tag is that it just changes the background to black.
Spoiler

What happened to the good spoiler tags? Why can't those be brought back?

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options