• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Website Suggestions  "Contribute your ideas!"

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostVinsaneOne, on Oct 21 2010, 11:20 PM, said:

I wonder if Yatta is going to add the new 'Troll Blocker' feature to the site. :(

How about we add that tacky thing thats on the 3Drealms forums to Duke4.net?

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

What tacky thing are you on about?

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 22 2010, 12:15 AM, said:

What tacky thing are you on about?

Behold

http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=37564

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostVinsaneOne, on Oct 22 2010, 06:20 AM, said:

I wonder if Yatta is going to add the new 'Troll Blocker' feature to the site. :(

http://forums.duke4....rCP&CODE=ignore

Although, I would like this feature to not show that ignored user has posted.

• I have the power!

That thing is here. I remember it being mentioned before that someone was added to that list here before.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

CultureShock was tachyd.

• I have the power!

Clearly. I didn't want to mention it but since you guys brought up the feature...

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 22 2010, 09:15 PM, said:

Clearly. I didn't want to mention it but since you guys brought up the feature...

And I posted that as a joke to find something like a 'Troll Blocker' is for real! That 'tachyd' thing goes beyond the 'ignore' feature as seen in the 3dr thread. They would actually be a 'Ghost Troll'. Happy Holloween! :(

View PostVinsaneOne, on Oct 23 2010, 03:06 AM, said:

That 'tachyd' thing goes beyond the 'ignore' feature as seen in the 3dr thread. They would actually be a 'Ghost Troll'. Happy Holloween! :(

You have to admit though, that would work really well for getting rid of people like 3d wizard.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 23 2010, 03:24 AM, said:

That thing is here. I remember it being mentioned before that someone was added to that list here before.

Well, if it's here they I couldn't find it in "My controls" panel. If this option really exists then I would like admins/moders to show it to me.

• I have the power!

It is a mod control...us plebs have no control.

We should have a flash version of Duke Nukem 3D (shareware) for Duke4.net.

User is offline   microjunk 

If there were a flash version I would have a hard time leaving...

You could use a Java-based MS-DOS emulator, I've been trying to set one up on my site but my server is having problems running Server-Side Java since I installed PhP.

JPC is open source and you can use it; Here, play Doom: http://jpc.sourceforge.net/doom.html

Edit: It might be worth noting that the documentation is outdated, and I can't remember how to get it running properly.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 25 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

I was thinking something more like this....

http://www.newground...tal/view/470460

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 25 2010, 10:03 AM, said:

I was thinking something more like this....

http://www.newground...tal/view/470460

Are you talking about a new layout desgin/ If so NO to new newgrounds layout BOO!

• I have the power!

...you have to be trying to be an idiot to think that...

He was referring to the actual flash game presented in that link (Doom Triple Pack)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Posted Image

You know Commander you struck me dumb. For the first time I can't think of any witty response well done.

I......... I *thinks and thinks* well since the thread is website suggestions I assumed it was a comment about the layout.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 25 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 25 2010, 04:50 PM, said:

He was referring to the actual flash game presented in that link (Doom Triple Pack)

And Mr. Flibble wins the prize!

User is offline   Kathy 

Shit, guys. Maybe you shouldn't derail even this thread?

The hell is going on in this board anyway? Why the hell moderators aren't doing shit? Every fucking thread turns to shit with insults, trolling, wisecracking etc. Don't we have some kind of "warning" system implemented here? I'm not saying we should ban everyone but at least have some kind of moderator presence on the board. Can you ban for 2 weeks for example? Captain Awesome, I like you but you should sit in the can for 2 weeks after the shit in Duke3d remake thread.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

We did have a warning system--I don't think TX is a fan of it though, so he took it away.

edit: Actually it's still there, but you have to click on a user's name and view their profile to see it--which kind of makes it pointless anyway.

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 24 2010, 12:58 AM, said:

We should have a flash version of Duke Nukem 3D (shareware) for Duke4.net.

I've thought about that before! It'd be awesome.

View PostHigh Treason, on Oct 25 2010, 09:22 AM, said:

You could use a Java-based MS-DOS emulator, I've been trying to set one up on my site but my server is having problems running Server-Side Java since I installed PhP.

JPC is open source and you can use it; Here, play Doom: http://jpc.sourceforge.net/doom.html

Edit: It might be worth noting that the documentation is outdated, and I can't remember how to get it running properly.

If you figure out how to get that working with Duke3D, let me know.

• I have the power!

It was probably abused...

User is offline   Kathy 

Warning system was abused? By whom? I though only maderators could warn people.

It's just that with DNF release people would come here often. Especially people who find Gearbox forums a bit too harsh. Without at least some law presence we might have even more serious problems.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostLotan, on Oct 26 2010, 12:24 PM, said:

Can you ban for 2 weeks for example? Captain Awesome, I like you but you should sit in the can for 2 weeks after the shit in Duke3d remake thread.

Why would you want to do that? That has always been his attitude and I really do no not think a 2 week ban would do anything.

• I have the power!

The whole ban thing has been discussed in that other thread...I can see where the moderators are coming from when it comes to banning people.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostThe Commander, on Oct 26 2010, 07:01 AM, said:

Why would you want to do that? That has always been his attitude and I really do no not think a 2 week ban would do anything.

Because outright telling people to go fuck themselves and calling names is not ok. Being an ass is one thing, but being just obnoxious and insulting is another. Either way, it's not even about him. It's about board as a whole. Gearbox forums have one extreme, we have another.

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 26 2010, 07:28 AM, said:

The whole ban thing has been discussed in that other thread...I can see where the moderators are coming from when it comes to banning people.

I'm not saying about blindly banning everyone. I'm saying about some kind of warnings, temporal r/o bans, anal interventions etc.. At least something.

Report news of DNT cancellation!!!!!

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postblackharted, on Oct 30 2010, 01:29 PM, said:

Report news of DNT cancellation!!!!!

I would, if people gave a shit. Much like the time I didn't post about Duke3D for iPhone becoming free. People are better off not being informed about crap that is literally crap. :(

View PostYatta, on Oct 31 2010, 12:18 AM, said:

I would, if people gave a shit. Much like the time I didn't post about Duke3D for iPhone becoming free. People are better off not being informed about crap that is literally crap. :(

I can't argue with that.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options