Duke4.net Forums: Website Suggestions - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Website Suggestions  "Contribute your ideas!"

User is online   Lunick 

Duke Nukem General Discussion can include all of of those as it even says 'You can discuss other Duke Nukem games here'. I don't know why we would want separate forums for Duke Nukem 1 or 2 because there really isn't a lot to talk about?

The same goes with those console games, they don't need a separate forum because there isn't much to talk about them. Just go and create a thread for each one of them if you REALLY want to.

I believe the forum is already sorted fine the way it is and what you want to bring in is just going to make it bigger with space that is left to fill.

Also, I have said this to Dave but let Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded go. It's gone, poof, vanish, bam, gone. Duke Begins? It isn't even confirmed that any of the coming games have that name yet..

Only one game has come out of the Duke Nukem Trilogy and that game was Critical Ass.

Duke Nukem General is Duke Nukem General. Talk about anything Duke related but the other parts of the Duke Nukem franchise don't have a big enough following to have their own separate forum.

Also I saw your post on Dave's Facebook page and if you two want to go and run off and make your own site then that is perfectly fine.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Whoah ease up he was just offering some suggestions. Although I totally agree that it's not worth splitting the forum up over those things. Duke 3D is really the only game that anyone talks about/has anything worth talking about/anyone actually still plays on a regular basis any more.

In the case of the console games and the side scrollers, pretty much everything that can be said has been said, and anything else can get it's own new thread in the Duke General area.
In the case of DNF and beyond, well Gearbox really needs to get off their asses and do the franchise some favours in both the PR, openness (such as mod tools) and basic fun factor departments, otherwise give it a year or two and DNF will barely deserve its own forum.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostLunick, on 16 January 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Also, I have said this to Dave but let Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded go. It's gone, poof, vanish, bam, gone.

+rep from me.

All I have to say is that thank god I do not live in the North Island, Wesker500 (Scott) has bought shame to my country now. :P
I think William Gee will have to make a new map to make up for it.

This post has been edited by Cody: 16 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostWesker500, on 16 January 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

Just my suggestion.

That's probably more subforums than number of messages DN General had this week.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

At some point I think there were several sub forums representing different Duke games or eras but they never had enough posts to merit their existence as separate from "General Duke Nukem" discussion.

• Honored Donor

The "find by date" feature in the advanced search options is useless. I put in 2010 as the upper bound, and I'm flooded with results from 2013 Posted Image

• Honored Donor

Why doesn't this forum give you a warning when you try to make a post, but another person has posted since you started writing your message?

User is offline   LAW 

If this is not possible, then it is a suggestion:

Is there a way to download Dukeworld stuff via the ftp client? I would like to download much stuff at once :lol:

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostLAW, on 21 June 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

If this is not possible, then it is a suggestion:

Is there a way to download Dukeworld stuff via the ftp client? I would like to download much stuff at once :)

i use firefox and the download them all addon - can filter to capture specific file extensions on an entire page - in this case you can grab all the zip files (one page at a time)

slower than what you want, but a helluva lot faster than file by file

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

More of a bug report than a suggestion, but -- lately, when multi-quoting (or maybe even single-quoting), the newlines seem to be eaten from large posts in the quote blocks.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

EDIT: Moved post back to The Post Thread... ;)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 25 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

What about a subforum in "Everything Else" which would be for "Build games other than Duke Nukem 3D" ?
I know those can very well go under General Gaming but I think it'd be nice to have a subforum for other Build games.

View PostMetHy, on 21 July 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

What about a subforum in "Everything Else" which would be for "Build games other than Duke Nukem 3D" ?
I know those can very well go under General Gaming but I think it'd be nice to have a subforum for other Build games.

I don't believe there are really so many posts about Redneck Rampage, Powerslave, Blood, Witchaven, Shadow Warrior 1997, TekWar or Extreme Paintbrawl to need a whole new subforum.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostAltered Reality, on 23 July 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

I don't believe there are really so many posts about Redneck Rampage, Powerslave, Blood, Witchaven, Shadow Warrior 1997, TekWar or Extreme Paintbrawl to need a whole new subforum.
But it would make it easier to search for information. Shadow Warrior related threads are scattered all over the place, for example.

User is offline   MetHy 

I think it would be nice to have a place to talk about other Build games considering we probably all love them. Plus, SW and Blood still do have a little activity.
I'm sure you'd be surprise what you discover if we had such a subforum. For instance, I could recommend you to play Death Wish for Blood and, trust me, you'd thank me for that.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

*cough

Shadow Warrior Central ... just a click away for sw stuff.

Has a Forum aswell.

This post has been edited by Robman: 29 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

• Honored Donor

I admit it wouldn't hurt to have a subforum for all other build game discussion. It wouldn't be super active, but it'd probably be more active than the DNF subforum...

You could probably just roll all the DNF stuff into Duke Nukem General and people probably wouldn't notice

User is offline   MetHy 

Exactly, I think a subforum just for DNF isn't really needed anymore. Whatever left there is to discuss could be into DN general.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Please allow 7z as attachment extension.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLeoD, on 02 January 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Please allow 7z as attachment extension.

Done.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10170] We could not find the attachment you were attempting to view.

Oops, apparently you removed it while I was trying to download....

This post has been edited by LeoD: 02 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostLeoD, on 02 January 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Oops, apparently you removed it while I was trying to download....

I didn't remove it. I also tested it and I was able to attach it without an error message (but I didn't submit the post).

It should work as long as the extension is .7z.

User is online   Lunick 

Test

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Test.7z (350.29K)
    Number of downloads: 399

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostLunick, on 02 January 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Test

Posted Image

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Live chat window to the right side of forum. Or not, whatever.

This post has been edited by Robman: 18 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRobman, on 18 February 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

Live chat window to the right side of forum. Or not, whatever.

irc://irc.freenode.net/eduke32

User is offline   Hank 

View PostHendricks266, on 18 February 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

irc://irc.freenode.net/eduke32

How does that work?

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

You ll likely need an irc client.

User is offline   Hank 

Ah, yes, that was stupid of me, I had one like 10 years ago ...
Which one is recommended in 2015?

This post has been edited by Hank: 18 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I dunno, lol .. I used mIRC ages ago. I had it not long ago also but could only find a trial version with 30 days(didn't search very hard), it ran out and I uninstalled it.
I think there's a website you can use aswell that doesn't need to install software. Likely plug-ins for browsers too.

This post has been edited by Robman: 18 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options