Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] DNF 2013 DLC LEVEL PACK - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] DNF 2013 DLC LEVEL PACK  "3 more maps, 2 new music tracks, one new weapon!"

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Thanks for the comments guys ;)

User is offline   NNC 

First relevant post to this topic:

2nd level is true epicness!

User is online   Player Lin 

Wow, awesome! Really good level pack! Except I always get killed on the bike level due failed to jumping on ramps and fall or hit somethings too hard... :D

Spoiler

I'm damn tired and want to go sleep......at least I'm so happy after played this DLC... x_x

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I got up to EDF HQ. I'm liking it. Thanks guys.

User is offline   NNC 

There is one particular point in the bike map that killed me frequently. That was after you entered the real highways and the road became a little less crowded. There is a tunnel with a left curve at the end, and the ideal line leads you into the right side of the road, while there is an immediate ramp after the tunnel exit, unfortunately on the left side, and that spot killed me quite a lot.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Thanks for the imput Nancsi, I fixed that making the path longer so the player has more time to think.

Also I spotted a misaligned texture Player Lin! aarrghh!! Fixed it now. I didn't notice it because it looks fine in mapster but ingame it would move. I'll update the link in 5 minutes.

EDIT: Updated! fixed the misaligned texture and made that left turn in the bike map easier.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 22 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Just finished playing, and it was a fantastic experience. The new music is great, and the detail in the Stadium was simply sublime. The first map seemed a bit underwhelming at first after leaving the strip clip, but then I realized I could actually jump down and explore the entire canyon.

However, what really stole the show for me was the bike map. Driving sections in first person shooters tend to be hit-or-miss, but if the motorcycle gameplay in the DNF 2001 trailer was somehow able to manifest itself in a playable game that truly lived up to its hype, this bike map is how I would envision it: total non-stop, balls to the wall action from beginning to end. Even while dying, I just couldn't stop smiling. In fact, I was so captivated with the bike map that I played it again and again until I reached what I believe ended up a pretty decent speedrun:

Far from optimized, I imagine, but making those sharp turns inside the highrise was oh so satisfying. Overall, I think this DLC was well worth the $59.99.

View PostDavoX, on 22 November 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

made that left turn in the bike map easier.
Personally, I thought that jump was fine. After the elevator ride, the level becomes much easier as there are mostly straightaways at that point. The surprise jump keeps players on their toes.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I've really gotta play this sometime...

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

What are you waiting for? Chri... nah, not again ;)

I'm glad you liked the pack RinyRed, and that's an awesome speedrun! I'm flattered!

the 1st level is a real pain to beat. not enough ammo to survive. plus. i'm stuck on the switches. 2 sets of them

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostNukemRoses, on 22 November 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

the 1st level is a real pain to beat. not enough ammo to survive. plus. i'm stuck on the switches. 2 sets of them

Spoiler

This post has been edited by DavoX: 22 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostNukemRoses, on 22 November 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

NukemRoses, I just played through the map on Come Get Some without finding any of the secrets, including the non-hidden armory room that pretty much gives you full ammo for several weapons, and I still managed to have just enough ammo. Now I don't know what to say except you're obviously not exploring the map at all, especially if you're running out of ammo on Piece of Cake.

Also the room with the 8 switch lock is non-essential to progression (it's just a secret), so I don't see how you can get "stuck" there. However if you still want to go in, and it will give you a fair amount of health and some ammo if you do, then Davox has provided the solution.

Edit: Still I'm glad the map is a shade on the light-on-ammo side rather than having an excess. Gives the map a challenge, and forces some exploration. It's always hard to tell if your own map is too easy or not.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 22 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Here Micky:

Posted Image

User is offline   Gambini 

oh my god! what happened to duke´s legs? ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Knew I should have installed ramps for the disabled Posted Image

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Holy crap this is awesome! Just finished the Stadium battle. What an awesome way to mixup that infamous showdown. A decent challenge that doesn't descend into tedium. Superb detail throughout. No fat to trim. Born to be wild has to be one of the most exciting Duke maps ever! Just badass! I would kill for a modern Duke game that had that level of intensity. Music's killer. Excellent work all around.

User is offline   Merlijn 

Well that was absolutely kick ass!

The first map already impressed me with its huge canyons, the flying saucers and the well staged fire fights. Then the motorcycle level came along and turned everything up to eleven. Riding through collapsing buildings, jumping over rooftops etc. was a very thrilling experience. I'm not too familiar with the previous work of Davox, so the amount of details really surprised and amazed me! The last showdown was a great finish and a nice twist to the original showdown. Well done guys! ;)

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 23 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

I reached around the half of the mod yesterday evening. I find it good so far but rough on the edges. Overall it's fun but some enemy placement feels out of place, some parts in the outdoor design feels very squarish and flat, not organic, and a lot of walls that should be blocked are not so you can reach areas you're not supposed to. It's a shame because those points would be quickly fixed, feels like it was released a bit too soon.

User is online   Player Lin 

View PostRinyRed, on 22 November 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Personally, I thought that jump was fine. After the elevator ride, the level becomes much easier as there are mostly straightaways at that point. The surprise jump keeps players on their toes.

Well, it's fine but not in my first run, when I like when arrived a new section I'll just slowdown my bike and check things then go next, but in this level, it cause I always failed to jumping ramps and falling due speed is too low when jumping. I have to try do driving around like circle or something, to gain enough speed to success the jumping or just fall and failed again.... :3

And I guess I have some bad luck or something, enemies like to block my way and let me hit them...damn those alien bastards. ;)

Yeah, it's not really to hard but I guess not everyone can handle them without some practices. :D

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

User is offline   Loke 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 23 November 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Well, it's fine but not in my first run, when I like when arrived a new section I'll just slowdown my bike and check things then go next, but in this level, it cause I always failed to jumping ramps and falling due speed is too low when jumping. I have to try do driving around like circle or something, to gain enough speed to success the jumping or just fall and failed again.... :3

Yeah, that's what I did during map testing. I'd slow down after each jump (and then try and kill every enemy but I quickly realized what a waste of time that was ;) ) and then they'd be incredible hard to pull off since your speed is so slow compared to when you're jumping out the car garage window. Either way, you're actually supposed to go through that in one go though. Despite that I think this is the best map in the DLC, so much fun just blazing through everything.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

User is offline   Bloodshot 

It feels good to see my DNF rpg sprite and FC3 shotgun conversion used in such a good mod ;)

Also holy fuck born to be wild is fucking amazing, I thought the original bike level was outstanding but this just blows it out of the water (or off the highway, if you prefer)

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 23 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Spoilers dude!!! lol

Thanks for the trailer, I'm glad you liked it!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Ho-lee shit, that looks awesome! Can't wait to play this.

Nice trailer, too! Posted Image

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

SORRY FOR SPOILERS! Posted Image

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Once again this mod reiterates the fact that without a doubt, a multiplayer mod with these bikes and crazy courses like this for duke would be godlike.

Just remove one hand from the handle bars and let duke use certain weapons to shoot at other players and you'd have a winner on your hands.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 23 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostBloodshot, on 23 November 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Once again this mod reiterates the fact that without a doubt, a multiplayer mod with these bikes and crazy courses like this for duke would be godlike.

Just remove one hand from the handle bars and let duke use certain weapons to shoot at other players and you'd have a winner on your hands.

We'd do something like that If Lezing came back to code the bike some more. ;)

User is offline   NNC 

It's kinda interesting that for the first gameplay, the DLC motorbike level looked infinitely harder than the original EDF level's motorbike section. The more I play it, the more it got easier for me, now I can make it through without any mistakes (stopping in that elevator is the only challenge), meanwhile I still didn't manage to master the EDF section. There are some parts that simply don't get easier.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Fixed the reported errors in some maps and uploaded ;) mostly small fixes that should only be important to the people that download this for the first time . Link is still the same!

This post has been edited by DavoX: 23 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

It looks great, but there's two serious bugs in the first level: a large sector with lotag 1 and no water, and the brown enemies shrunk me forever in the quake area and I had to restart the full level... There's lot of little visual bugs too, and I don't know why the river isn't accessible, it would be nice to swim on it.

But hey, the rest of the map looks awesome!

This post has been edited by Perro Seco: 23 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options