Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32-OldMP - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EDuke32-OldMP

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

They don't post here because I'm here. Why else do you think they haven't advertised Duke Matcher yet on one of the biggest Duke communities? I'd have too much fun.

This post has been edited by Radar: 04 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Stop thinking the world revolves around yourself. It's simply 2 whole different worlds which don't care about each others. Most of us can't name "dukematch legends" and most of them probably don't even know who Pascal Rouaud is.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 04 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Your last statement is very true, but I'm not sure about your first part. I think there are people here that deserve to know the full story of what happened. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I originally was a part of the modding forums and then started to become more active in the online scene. I'm one of the few that understand both communities. I'll just continue keeping everyone here out of the loop if that makes you happy.

This post has been edited by Radar: 04 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I think that was more specifically in response to

View PostRadar, on 04 June 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

They don't post here because I'm here.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

:lol: That might have been a little cocky, but I don't think it's too far from the truth.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Another video of this special build in action. This time on the map Done & Dusted! :lol:

User is offline   t800 

I would like to know - is there any good place to meet other dukers hosting games using this special MP version of Eduke32? Yang, Meltdown, Dukesterx, ... ?

• Weaponized Autism

All I can suggest is starting a room with "EDuke32-OldMP" somewhere in the room name.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Any of the clients mentioned throughout this thread are your best chances. Except for DukesterX. Even the website for it is down I believe.

User is offline   Juras 

Hosting room with eduke name is waste of time in my opinion, you guys should organize some kinda of duke4.net online group before you go to any duke net launcher.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Plus one

User is offline   leilei 

As long as it doesn't use VisualBasic....

Today I played EDuke32 OLDMP with Radar on DukeMatcher and let me tell you something: This is the best port to play on DukeMatcher, it blows all the other one's out of the water (hDuke xDuke etc).

This post has been edited by sheridanm962: 11 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Heck yeah.

This post has been edited by Radar: 11 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

User is offline   Juras 

i have serious doubts in EDuke32 OLDMP greatness, anyway will be able to say more after real test - dukematch.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

What differences do you expect to see between this and the finished EDuke32 netcode? If you're expecting a clone of the original DOS version with dedicated servers, keep dreaming. All the advanced functions that were hated by the online loonies back in the day are still in, have been expanded upon, and are staying. EDuke32 is still EDuke32.

This post has been edited by Radar: 11 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

User is offline   Juras 

i expect pro games with Hunter now it is impossible

User is offline   Juras 

If you're expecting a clone of the original DOS version with dedicated servers, keep dreaming
nosens

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostJuras, on 11 June 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

i expect pro games with Hunter now it is impossible

View PostJuras, on 11 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

nosens

And these posts make any more sense? You didn't answer my initial question. Even the EDuke32 netcode in 2007 was heaps better than XDuke could dream of, but no one used it. I fear the same thing will happen with the new netcode. What functions between the old EDuke32 netcode and the new netcode do you expect to be different?

This post has been edited by Radar: 11 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

User is offline   Juras 

If you don't see any difference between client/server connecion and per2per than we have a problem Huston. I will give you a hint... Poland - USA (NY state) ping is <150ms
Brazil - USA (NY state) ping is <160, Poland - Brazil ping is >300...The difference is between having fun or not. Lag is NO FUN for me and guys I want to play so it makes it most important difference.

I had a lot less lag from EDuke32 than the other ports, this OLDMP kicks ass :lol:

User is offline   Juras 

View Postsheridanm962, on 11 June 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

I had a lot less lag from EDuke32 than the other ports, this OLDMP kicks ass :lol:

Sounds good. That's the only thing im looking for..less lag.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The EDuke32 builds back in 2008 used Master/Slave connection too.

User is offline   Juras 

View PostRadar, on 11 June 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

The EDuke32 builds back in 2008 used Master/Slave connection too.

Been there done that, had the worse shit lag ever, no thanks.
ps. Master/Slave has one plus - slave doesnt have to forward his ports.

• Weaponized Autism

View Postsheridanm962, on 11 June 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Today I played EDuke32 OLDMP with Radar on DukeMatcher and let me tell you something: This is the best port to play on DukeMatcher, it blows all the other one's out of the water (hDuke xDuke etc).

It takes news of a high caliber like this for me to respond with:

Fuck yeah. :lol:

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

http://dukeleaks.wor...-know-the-pros/

These guys got to be kidding me.

User is offline   Juras 

Nudek aka Niksta is PRO for sure I remeber he even took a part in Duke Nukem 3D tournament with prices which was hosted by Replica some time ago, good stuff.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Duke Nukem 3D is played professionally? :lol:

Edit: Wow, I'm sorry HellFire, did I offend your sensibilities by implying that there's something sad about people being insanely good at a 17-year-old FPS calling themselves "pros"?

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 13 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

It was some dumb contest that only like 4 people joined. The match between Juras and Nudek was nothing more than Juras pistol killing him 10 times on Holly. The winner didn't want his prize.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options