• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 12 April 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Absolutely not. This is a Duke3D mod.

BETRAYAL!! BE---TRAYAL!
The 6 months of agonizing wait would have been all for nothing if its not a commercial release length mod. Yeah its a mod but this is supposed to be what DNF 2001 would have been if it where on the build engine. You've got expectations to live up to even if those expectations are unrealistic. You'll just have to release a patch down the line that adds other maps that where unfinished ect, plus you have the whole duke community that's more than willing to help. You got the code for the bike and duke rocket ship, you got seasoned mappers that are still around, all can chip in if it means making this as orgasmic as we thought dnf was going to be.

just j/k...... but seriously.

This post has been edited by theunbeholden: 13 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

6 months is a pretty short amount of time. AMC TC and WG Realms 2 were in development since like 2007. There is absolutely nothing more we could ask of them given the amazing stuff they've come up with in less than a year.

User is offline   Gambini 

The bike code is completely unrelated to what most of you think. As I said, it´s the tripmine hud with steroid. We configured the same key for both things and replaced the steroids sound by a motorbike engine. We also removed the tile from the steroids pickup and placed thousands of them around the bike maps so you dont run out of fuel. Clever, eh?

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostGambini, on 13 April 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

The bike code is completely unrelated to what most of you think. As I said, it´s the tripmine hud with steroid. We configured the same key for both things and replaced the steroids sound by a motorbike engine. We also removed the tile from the steroids pickup and placed thousands of them around the bike maps so you dont run out of fuel. Clever, eh?

F7 disabled?

Coming from you sure is a lie, a big lie!

Spoiler

User is offline   Hool 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 11 April 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

The whole "Slick Willy" gag(no pun) had been known about since much longer ago than the release of that '03 trailer with DNF in 2011. :P
See his DOS-Prompt window. :)

Posted Image

Woah, I've never seen that before! Where did that come from?

Anyway, this looks fantastic. I'm doing my own little thing at the moment, called DukeQuake. Thanks to the easiest Quake map maker out there called TrenchBroom has been released I've started up DukeQuake, a bunch of Quake maps featuring Duke Nukem Themed levels.

-Wheatley

I am assuming this might be the real deal. Of course it is the E3 trailer that's redone in Duke3D..... but Moddb mentions too (on Duke Nukem Forever's remake) that it's release date is..... tomorrow. So let's hope that it's the real deal - or some joke that somebody is pulling out of.

Edit: Or the 15th of April XD

This post has been edited by Detinator73: 13 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 13 April 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Woah, I've never seen that before! Where did that come from?

Anyway, this looks fantastic. I'm doing my own little thing at the moment, called DukeQuake. Thanks to the easiest Quake map maker out there called TrenchBroom has been released I've started up DukeQuake, a bunch of Quake maps featuring Duke Nukem Themed levels.

-Wheatley

That was from the gaming news site voodoo extreme(before it merged with ign) from- as the notepad to-do list date indicates- early 2000. Afaik, it was the only one its kind released. And in case you couldn't figure it out on your own, it is a capture of Charlie Wiederhold(username here: Wieder)'s then-desktop. This of course was very shorty after the huge PC Gamer holiday blowout story(Miss Me?) which revealed the first shots of DNF running on the glorious Unreal engine. Historic times. :)

Also, I'd be interested in seeing some of your DukeQuake maps....can you post any shots of them?

View PostDetinator73, on 13 April 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I am assuming this might be the real deal. Of course it is the E3 trailer that's redone in Duke3D..... but Moddb mentions too (on Duke Nukem Forever's remake) that it's release date is..... tomorrow. So let's hope that it's the real deal - or some joke that somebody is pulling out of.

It most certainly is legit. Been confirmed many times over. :P

Apparently, the listed release date will vary depending on your timezone. According to my location, it has already been released!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: release.jpg

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 13 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

User is offline   Hool 

View PostDetinator73, on 13 April 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I've just started using TrenchBroom but it's so easy and quick to get your ideas from your mind to your computer. I'll try to get something done to show.

-Wheatley

Hell. just went to check our Moddb profile to see if there were messages or something and noticed someone fucked it up, renamed it and changed the release date by "released april 14". WTF

ahh. Just to clarify: I have fixed that already. this is not a joke, not this time.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Is this a 1.4/1.5 mod? I can't think of any other reason you would design the bike that way.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Will there be any sort of gloves in the mod? Or will we have to put them in if we want them?

User is offline   Kathy 

Guys, it's almost released. No point in asking the details.

I've just logged in to say that the trailer looks very awesome and that I'm looking forward to the mod. Shame there's also lot's of thread/topic derailments, though.

User is offline   MetHy 

You can expect a week of delay if they want to fix every issue I've found.

Great mod though, a lot of fun, worth the wait.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostMetHy, on 14 April 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

I hope they do. I hate when products are released incomplete especially if the developers are aware of a handful issues that could be easily fixed.

View PostMetHy, on 14 April 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Great mod though, a lot of fun, worth the wait.

Well, that happens when someone sends you a rushed beta that has not been approved by the whole team. Your report was very good and detailed but i was aware of half those issues.

Yes, the mod is been delayed. But not for so long, don´t worry. We announced it two weeks ago, and in my region isn´t even the date I said it would be ready. And I´m sure everybody here has developed an eternal patience for things named "Forever".

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

That's cool. Better to bring out a more polished mod if it costs us a few days or weeks imho. It's been only so little time since the announcement that I guess the community can give you the leeway.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostGambini, on 14 April 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Well, that happens when someone sends you a rushed beta that has not been approved by the whole team. Your report was very good and detailed but i was aware of half those issues.

Yes, the mod is been delayed. But not for so long, don´t worry. We announced it two weeks ago, and in my region isn´t even the date I said it would be ready. And I´m sure everybody here has developed an eternal patience for things named "Forever".

Yeah that's what I was thinking

btw i'm replaying it atm and finding a lot more stuff, i'll send a 2nd report tonight

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostGambini, on 14 April 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

And I´m sure everybody here has developed an eternal patience for things named "Forever".

Not anymore. So don't push it. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

you'd think people might have a bit more leery attitude towards tired delay jokes. especially after the c&d incident

User is offline   Hool 

View PostForge, on 14 April 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

you'd think people might have a bit more leery attitude towards tired delay jokes. especially after the c&d incident

"C&D incident"? Did another Duke mod get a C&D order again recently? I thought GearBox weren't like 3D Realms.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 14 April 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

"C&D incident"? Did another Duke mod get a C&D order again recently?

Somewhat. http://forums.duke4....post__p__154283

I thought GearBox weren't like 3D Realms.

But what made you think they would be different?

User is offline   Hool 

Damn. That sounds terrible. Although, ChrisF from the GearBox Forums did tell me that back when I was doing Duke Nukem 1998 that he said I should do it in secret, not telling anyone about it. Well, at least all my work was deleted when I had to format my PC for installing Windows 64 bit.

Why don't we make our own Duke like character? I remember VinsaneOne posting the name "Jack Hammer" for when Duke Nukem Critical Mass was in some trouble.

EDIT: Just realised it was a joke. You got me good.

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 14 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well - The good news is that it's a joke. The bad news: Duke Nukem Forever mod is delayed..... So we get so excited - but Duke never comes that early.

User is offline   Hool 

Removed the picture so I can put it inside its own thread.

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 15 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

The C&D joke is a little on the bitter sweet side. I hope we never get to that point, either. It's honestly a terrible feeling when you receive one after a lot of hard work is put into something.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I don't see the delay as bad news at all. In fact, the postponement makes me even more excited and hyped. The fact that they're taking the necessary time to polish it is always a plus. I can deal with another 5 or 6 days- or even significantly more. Any amount of extra time they take won't come even remotely close to the excruciating wait I endured for the 2011 DNF, so by all means feel free to take whatever appropriate measures you feel are needed to guarantee that DNF 2013 doesn't disappoint!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDuke Rocks, on 14 April 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

I don't see the delay as bad news at all. In fact, the postponement makes me even more excited and hyped. The fact that they're taking the necessary time to polish it is always a plus. I can deal with another 5 or 6 days- or even significantly more. Any amount of extra time they take won't come even remotely close to the excruciating wait I endured for the 2011 DNF, so by all means feel free to take whatever appropriate measures you feel are needed to guarantee that DNF 2013 doesn't disappoint!

Though I know for a fact that members of the community would not piss on the rest of the community by delaying this forever, your post reads exactly like what some of the people used to naively say about 3D Realms back in the mid 2000s.

In fact, I was probably one of those people now that I think about it. Holy shit.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Absolutely right Commando. Gambini and Mikko, release Duke Nukem Forever NOW!

muesla's Dukebike, why you haven't borrowed his code

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options