Duke4.net Forums: DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

DNF E3 2001 Trailer Redone in Duke3D

User is offline   Sangman 

Gambini, you sure know how to start a hype. Look at how rabid people get over a fucking 5-level Duke3D episode. :)

User is offline   Kathy 

The hype started in 1997.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

In all fairness, if the developers don't want rumours circulating that their mod is a fake, then they shouldn't be the first ones to start them.

User is offline   Gambini 

Well we didnt start any rumour. I only made a trailer of our work and posted it in what are you working on. We didnt even start this thread.

I admit we played this game too but we didnt even started it.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostSangman, on 28 April 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Gambini, you sure know how to start a hype. Look at how rabid people get over a fucking 5-level Duke3D episode. :)

Zombie Crisis still has the #1 spot though. That mod was a joke before it even neared the over hyping stage.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

You really want to fuck with em?

Cancel it.

Then release it two days later.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostSangman, on 28 April 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Well, LA Meltdown was a 5-level Duke3D episode as well (plus the lacklustre secret level), and it's still one of the best things in the gaming universe.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Today's snapshot fixed something that's been driving my inferior teammate crazy for months now so there's an extremely high chance that this thing sees the light of day in less than 24 hours.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostJimmy, on 26 April 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I've said it time and time again, but I will continue saying it: 3D graphics are totally overrated. The technology is cool, and there are some really good looking games out there. But you can making amazing looking shit with what is limited technology by today's standards. There are just some things that can't be done in 3D gaming (yet.) Or perhaps no one gives a shit to, I could always be incorrect. I don't mind playing a game that looks like this because while it's not uber realistic modern grafix, it is very aesthetically pleasing and stylized.

Posted Image

Heck yeah.

Posted Image

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 29 April 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Today's snapshot fixed something that's been driving my inferior teammate crazy for months now so there's an extremely high chance that this thing sees the light of day in less than 24 hours.

Release it quick before something else breaks!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Good thing I got the whole day off Wednesday! Please be released before then. :)

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Oh hey look, they do 2D style fighting games using 3D graphics too!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's not the perspective, really so much as the art itself. Street Fighter 2 looks more appealing than that to me.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Both 3D and pixel-based games have their places. I love both, though I do slightly prefer pixel art in certain cases.

It's one of the reasons I prefer Daggerfall to later TES games, or HoMM 2 to the later games in the series. After HoMM 2 they started using a lot more 3D renders for 2D stuff which didn't appeal to me as much

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 29 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

GO HERE BITCHES!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options