• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Enthusiasm Thread!  "Be Enthusiastic about DNF in here =D"

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

My guess was 2008, but 2009 sounds cool too :rolleyes:

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Apr 19 2009, 05:11 AM, said:

I know we're not the only DNF fans out there. That's why we left to go somewhere where there actually is fans, not forumers who provoke others to troll and then sit back and enjoy the show while they get bitched at about it. Everyone is always bitching about how we go off topic in a thread, but look what happened here and this time it was your fault. I posted a friendly, positive comment and you replied with that above. Now that is trolling and wouldn't be tolerated on my forums. Speaking of that, that's where I am right now. MY OWN WEBSITE AND FORUMS I CREATED! ;)

Maybe get off your high horse for once? You can't even distuinqish what is trolling and what is not, you obviously don't know what the term means. That's so hypocritical coming from you. If you troll, it's YOUR choice, no one forced you to do it. Also, why do you always speak of "we"? Good luck with your website, but I'd reckon it's better for you to stay there - your attitude hasn't changed one bit. First denying you outright lied, then you keep up with this "we" stuff. You two stated more than once that you are the only "real fans" - what kind of reception do you think you get with that? First of, we haven't seen you guys - you appeared about a year ago.

You can be a fan, and not troll - that's possible.

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Apr 19 2009, 03:45 PM, said:

The indications are that they're in the late stages of development. George has been posting about putting in music, polishing the menus, and working on task checklists consisting of things that look a lot like bug fixes/updates. ;) I really think that within the next couple of months, we'll have entered the media blitz phase. :rolleyes:

Are you serious?

1. Music was in the teaser. Soules probably recorded more than that. And recorded even more since then.
2. Changing the menu could be done in various stages of development. I highly doubt that the menu in Jace Hall's video was the only menu since 2003.
3. There are bugfixes or updates throughout every stage of development.
4. Media blitz sort of started once the teaser was released. It was 16 months ago.

The only valid hint about the late stages of the development was George's twat about "cutting is shipping", but 3dr's previous informal estimations were wrong. I'm saying about "Stay tuned" and "we're pushing for a late 2008/early 2009".

User is offline   rockmx8 

View Postpeoplessi, on Apr 19 2009, 10:23 AM, said:

My guess was 2008, but 2009 sounds cool too ;)

Maybe get off your high horse for once? You can't even distuinqish what is trolling and what is not, you obviously don't know what the term means. That's so hypocritical coming from you. If you troll, it's YOUR choice, no one forced you to do it. Also, why do you always speak of "we"? Good luck with your website, but I'd reckon it's better for you to stay there - your attitude hasn't changed one bit. First denying you outright lied, then you keep up with this "we" stuff. You two stated more than once that you are the only "real fans" - what kind of reception do you think you get with that? First of, we haven't seen you guys - you appeared about a year ago.

You can be a fan, and not troll - that's possible.

LOL!! Look at how ignorant you guys still are and don't realize our point, especially after we realized yours a long time ago. Never mind some people never learn. Also by the way I had such a great youtube website packed with controversial DUKE videos more than any fan out there, until somebody had to take it away from me twice. :rolleyes:

Now only Nukemdave has great DUKE videos second to me, but now he's 1st on youtube there for being one of the biggest DUKE fans out there alongside me.

Well forget you guys. We got work to do.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

View Postzchri9, on Apr 18 2009, 07:41 PM, said:

Do you guys think that it will make it this year?
I mean with the tweets his been doing are cluing towards mid-late 09 or early 2010 at the latest.

These indications mean nothing. They may very well be targeting late 2010. GB may write whatever he wants, remember, the teaser felt like a big thing but it meant absolutely nothing. This means nothing as well. There's no way to tell when it'll be out.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postzchri9, on Apr 19 2009, 06:14 AM, said:

bahaha Love the enthusiasm in here :rolleyes:

DNF in '09 - YES WE CAN (new Obama campaign)

YES GEORGE CAN!!!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Theres been alot of posts in the orgasm thread recently.
Opps I mean the Enthusiasm thread.

Georges plays DNF from his new transport work drive. ;) The hype train needs to start soon!!! :rolleyes:

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Poker was ridiculous. Offering 10:1 odds on guessing a number 1-10, for up to $200 a pop was crazy. I won silly money being a luckbox.
about 2 hours ago from TwitterFon

2,200 followers? Who the hell are you people? Now I feel pressure to Tweet, Twit or whatever the hell it is. Ok, I'm eating Taco Bell.
3:20 PM Apr 20th from web

Poker and Taco Bell confirmed ingame :rolleyes:

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

View Postrockmx8, on Apr 19 2009, 07:07 PM, said:

Never mind some people never learn.

Not that i want to stir up anymore unwanted trouble and discussions, but this is true, SOME do indeed NEVER learn...
Let's get back on topic though, there's no reason to get all negative in here, and i mean that for more reasons than just to stay on topic...

View PostMicki!, on Apr 22 2009, 09:31 AM, said:

Not that i want to stir up anymore unwanted trouble and discussions, but this is true, SOME do indeed NEVER learn...
Let's get back on topic though, there's no reason to get all negative in here, and i mean that for more reasons than just to stay on topic...

All right then... You ready to Rock for DNF this year?! :rolleyes:

• Honored Donor

mmm Taco Bell, we don't have those in Finland, but maybe DNF will have few :rolleyes:

Optimistic as ever, even though you can't read at all to what GB decides to say. So far the JIRA screenshot was most impressive tidbit provided. It would be nice to see a new one, of the recent/current happenings there.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

View Postrockmx8, on Apr 22 2009, 10:35 PM, said:

All right then... You ready to Rock for DNF this year?! :rolleyes:

I'm always ready, but i don't expect anything big this year, or rather, i try not to expect anything...
I'm not setting my hopes high to any spicific time (such as this year, or the next ...), i let it hit the back of my head when things start to happen...

User is offline   Lead 

View PostSinisterambo, on Apr 14 2009, 04:49 AM, said:

I took it to mean that there was another PUSH starting Monday.

Even if there was, what is it exactly you think it means?

So come monday maybe they worked longer hours than usual? That doesn't really tell us anything.

Combine the task list complete with the tweet with the cutting is shipping one and you can see that maybe soon a trailer will hit. I am hoping that we will see a trailer before 18 months have passed since it was teased.

I see Rockmx8 /Nukem Dave (lol/omg)/Mr Milton is back :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 22 April 2009 - 04:11 PM

View PostSinisterambo, on Apr 22 2009, 08:07 PM, said:

Combine the task list complete with the tweet with the cutting is shipping one and you can see that maybe soon a trailer will hit. I am hoping that we will see a trailer before 18 months have passed since it was teased.

I see Rockmx8 /Nukem Dave (lol/omg)/Mr Milton is back :rolleyes:

Oh we didn't come back, we're just stopping by to see how you guys are doing. Looks like you guys are still the same. ;)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I can't wait to see those baddies in action!
The Cycloid bloody reaching those clamp things out trying to get you with them, the Pig clawing at your face/shooting at you.
Octabrain coming out of nowhere and attacking you.
I cant wait!!

User is offline   Kathy 

Me too, mate! The plane as a vehicle is pretty awesome. I can't wait.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostLotan, on Apr 23 2009, 01:07 PM, said:

Me too, mate! The plane as a vehicle is pretty awesome. I can't wait.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? :rolleyes:

User is offline   Kathy 

Plane. In the trailer. Don't tell you haven't noticed...

View Postrockmx8, on Apr 23 2009, 06:23 AM, said:

Oh we didn't come back, we're just stopping by to see how you guys are doing.

Well with your alien intelligence I thought you would be able to predict such a thing.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View PostLotan, on Apr 23 2009, 08:38 PM, said:

Plane. In the trailer. Don't tell you haven't noticed...

Oh you meant in the 2001 Trailer.

That trailer was the most spectacular trailer ever made, and I saw that aircraft thing you were referring.

Too bad George said the pre-Teaser material was to be considered "irrelevant", so i don't count on the aircraft being in the new build :rolleyes:

Thanks to 3DR, we don't know shit from the game.

User is offline   Kathy 

I was talking about 1998 trailer.

Also, it was a sarcasm towards zchri9's post about awesome things in the last trailer.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 23 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I was just talking about the random awesomeness that will be in DNF, Not referring to any of the teasers/trailers.

User is offline   Kathy 

You're right.

Sh!t...

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Luckbox
A person so full of luck in poker that it is disgusting and ridiculous. There is surely some skill involved, but a luckbox will demonstrate more luck mixed in with that skill than any other player.....ever......in the history of the world......even more than Chris Moneymaker, which is just absurd.
Player 1: I just caught a flush on the river to win a 500 dollar pot! The other guy had Aces but I cracked them good!
Player 2: Stfu you luckbox.

• Honored Donor

Game will be delivered on SSD drive pre-installed! Hardware locked to that specific SSD drive, that's some DRM for you. mmmm :rolleyes:

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

"3D Realms co-owner George Broussard told me recently that his company was "laying low" in regards to Duke Nukem Forever but that they were "looking to unveil and break out of these [where are they now] pieces."

http://pc.ign.com/ar...1/971274p1.html

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Woot. :rolleyes:

View PostYatta, on Apr 25 2009, 10:56 PM, said:

Woot. :rolleyes:

Was great visiting with you... as I expected. ;)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostWieder, on Apr 25 2009, 10:05 PM, said:

Was great visiting with you... as I expected. :rolleyes:

Yes it was. It was fantastic. We should meet again soon. ;)

BTW, I read up on Cargo Cults a little while ago on Wikipedia. LOL!

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options