Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Released for PC & Mac - Duke4.net Forums

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Released for PC & Mac

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Yeah I thought that would have been included but nope, hence I had to overwrite the orginal.
Oh well, at least the serious sam track sounds better than boring dethtoll

Beta support for Steam Workshop map uploading is now out.

Now is the time to upload your maps, preferably not ones that need DP! and crap, as maps that only run in a vanilla install will work correctly.

termit said:

I will put a detailed tutorial on how to publish maps to Workshop later. Right now just a quick note on how to do that.

Let's say you have a map "myhouse.map" and you want to publish it to Workshop. First open bin/cmdtool folder. Create new folder there called "myhouse". Copy the map, readme.txt file and also png preview image to that folder. Rename image to "myhouse.png". Create a file "myhouse.json", open it in text editor and put this text:

http://pastebin.com/af7biG4d

Remove categories that not apply to your map. Run this command in terminal: "cmdtool publish myhouse" and wait couple of minutes. Done.

Source: http://steamcommunit...812305441683350

I have already uploaded my COOP map so this should give an example of how a published map will look.
http://steamcommunit...s/?id=198137351

This post has been edited by The Commander: 25 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Too bad all my maps so far are either crap or use TROR.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You could always publish it on there anyway and write in the notes that it requires EDuke32. Maybe we could scan the workshop related directories and present a menu of stuff found there within EDuke32. ;)

User is offline   Juras 

Maybe some day we will have EDuke32 client/server netcode finally finished,maybe or maybe not?

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Maybe we can when TX gets his life in order. Or, you know, when users quit being passive-aggressive about it.

User is offline   Juras 

Maybe you shouldnt answer on "passive-agressive"(huh?) question when it's not send for you. In other words what's eduke netcode status for now, TX?
Edit. forgot it's megaton thread my bad, good work with workshop termit i like how its done

This post has been edited by Juras: 26 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yes, because smart-talking moderators and EDuke32 developers makes you look like a friendly guy.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

D-D-D-DOUBLE POST!

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 26 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Double posting! BAN!

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Backseat moderating! BAN!

I am in the drivers seat!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHendricks266, on 26 November 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Maybe we can when TX gets his life in order. Or, you know, when users quit being passive-aggressive about it.

Sorry, but it looks for me he made a simply question.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Let's not get too far off topic here. Client/server multiplayer will be finished at some point, but for now you have the sync-based multiplayer in Megaton, which looks to be better than other sync-based implementations have been so far.

User is offline   Skulldog 

Time to kick some ass? join?

Lobby now closed.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 26 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

User is offline   Juras 

View PostTerminX, on 26 November 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Let's not get too far off topic here. Client/server multiplayer will be finished at some point, but for now you have the sync-based multiplayer in Megaton, which looks to be better than other sync-based implementations have been so far.

yeah megaton looks good for small distances just had smooth dukematch

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostTerminX, on 26 November 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

but for now you have the sync-based multiplayer in Megaton, which looks to be better than other sync-based implementations have been so far.

Haha, yeah right.

EDIT: Seriously, downvotes? Out of the thousands of online games I've played trying every combination of source ports, launchers, VPNs, connection types, etc. I think I know what has worked well for online Duke in the past and what is still the best solution. You two have either never played an online Duke game in your life or have played only a fraction compared to me. Get off your horse.

This post has been edited by Radar: 27 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostRadar, on 26 November 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Haha, yeah right.

Try explaining to some 15 year old kid how to download some client launcher then and how to open the ports on their router then. ;)

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostThe Commander, on 26 November 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Try explaining to some 15 year old kid how to download some client launcher then and how to open the ports on their router then. ;)

I don't know about you, but I knew how to port forward when I was 15.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostComrade Major, on 26 November 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I don't know about you, but I knew how to port forward when I was 15.

We are the exception.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I agree, setting up the clients and source ports can be difficult. (Not to mention, saying the wrong thing to the online guys can make them shun you). But when it comes to the actual netcode, this Megaton stuff is still a bad joke.

This post has been edited by Radar: 26 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah it still doesn't work for me.

View PostMicky C, on 26 November 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Yeah it still doesn't work for me.

Nothing ever works for you, works fine for me even to a person in Ireland.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I only tried one time of DM with other random player and it works very good(except some small lag problems), but only that once, because every time I started my Megaton, the lobby list always shows the "gray text" -- No games found...I just can't try and test the MP again... ;)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 27 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

Either get invited or invite someone to your game via Steam.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostThe Commander, on 27 November 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Either get invited or invite someone to your game via Steam.

That's the problem...I don't have any friend has this game, and I know someone may want but...well, I guess I prefer "click lobby and finding a game on there" style.

Silly, I know. ;)

User is offline   leilei 

Workshop is weird and buggy.

2 days ago I tried uploading my shitty map and it didn't work. The next day it instantly worked.

Also I saw a "Castle Dukenstien" map that was blatantly ripped from Fox's Duke64 mod with credit taken (i.e. "I changed it all to duke items"). It was suddenly removed.

Some guy on the forum is already planning to flood the workshop with old maps from the shovelware CDs.

;)

Termit said he would remove maps that are stolen etc. or requested by the original author.
I suspect if the person kept doing this they can be stopped all together from uploading more content to the workshop.

View Postleilei, on 27 November 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Some guy on the forum is already planning to flood the workshop with old maps from the shovelware CDs.

And that, kids, is why Workshop for old games is a bad idea. Do you really want to go through thousands of F-quality levels from archive dumps because some asshole wanted his 5 minutes of internet glory? No.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostThe Commander, on 27 November 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Termit said he would remove maps that are stolen etc. or requested by the original author.
I suspect if the person kept doing this they can be stopped all together from uploading more content to the workshop.

I am Alejandro Glavic.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options