Duke4.net Forums: User Map Maphacks - New EDuke32 / HRP Feature - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User Map Maphacks - New EDuke32 / HRP Feature

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.2.413-539
Catching up with the great August releases, Castle Quest, and more...
-> Post #1

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Mostly issued to keep the version numbers consistent. New: Clearwater aka cranium, Begin To Nowhere, Men In Black
-> Post #1

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.577
As days are getting shorter and colder I've decided to add a bunch of Winter/Arctic/XMas themed maps.
Plus Deadfall, Bedrone, brand new BobSP4: Sub Species, and more.
Polymost renderer/HRP recommended for Billy Boy's maps and BobSP4.

Download and changelog -> Post #1

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.594
The usual bunch of new and updated maphacks.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.595

New Hibernal Solstice, Duke 6:8, TimeCop

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.606

New ACB Studios, Training Base, and other recent and not-so-recent releases.

[Note: r5.3.565 download link in "my" thread updated to r5.3.606 contents]

This post has been edited by LeoD: 08 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.622
Blablabla.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Out of curiosity, why are DM only maps being included in your user map maphacks?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDrek, on 12 February 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, why are DM only maps being included in your user map maphacks?
There may come the day when we have an executable that has decent support for both multiplayer and the HRP. :blink:
DM only maps are not really on my agenda but for completeness' sake I take care of new releases and others if they happen to come across my way.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.633

New Foothold, Nitroglycerin, and other recent and not-so-recent releases.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.635

New Mean Streets, and many more.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.638

Monthly update, including new Delta Station Down.

reflex17 is currently working on somewhat polished versions of both Delta Station Down and its predecessor, Last Train to Marsville, both won't need any maphacks probably. HRPlayers may want to wait a couple of days 'til he's gonna release those updates.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.642
This was meant to be the "World Cup Release", but apparently I failed to finish in time for that.

New maphacks for recent Apprehension Arizona, Airport X, Orbs, Turok, and tons of others, plus a special bonus for all die-hard HRP and DukePlus players.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 19 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I just wanted to say that despite the fact that I don't use the HRP or play many usermaps, I appreciate you doing these even when the EDuke32 feature to support them isn't implemented yet. Thanks man.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostTerminX, on 19 July 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

I just wanted to say that despite the fact that I don't use the HRP or play many usermaps, I appreciate you doing these even when the EDuke32 feature to support them isn't implemented yet.
I'll start nagging later this year. It's really more effective to have one of you EDuke32 dev guys invest a couple of hours than me wasting a couple of weeks digging into the EDuke32 sources and squash in some noobish code.
Due to name duplicates and updated versions, more and more MHKs can't have the same base name as their respective MAP which makes the current autoload package less usable.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.644

- episodic episode concluded: ADG, Crucial Conflict, DaikariN, Lost Highway, WGSpace
- a few other recent and less recent maps
- subdirectories for some conflicting episode-related MHK file names

[Note: r5.3.565 download link in "my" thread updated to r5.3.644 contents]

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.646

Maphacker's monthly...

@EDuke32 developers: feature request thread started 22 months ago ... latest specification: Post #7.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 21 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

User is offline   sergey808a 

Hello and thanks for the maphack, its very necessary thing. I have a question - whether a maphack for an DukeHard episode? I play it with HRP and maphack is severely lacking.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postsergey808a, on 17 October 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Hello and thanks for the maphack, its very necessary thing. I have a question - whether a maphack for an DukeHard episode? I play it with HRP and maphack is severely lacking.
You should already have what you need. Check your eduke32.log for a line like "Loaded map hack file dh01.mhk". Maybe your setup requires adapting. Extract HrpDukePlus-DukeHard-compatibility.zip out of the maphack archive. Follow the instructions in HRP-DukePlus-README.txt.

User is offline   sergey808a 

It works! Thank You for your job!

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

* This episode is NOT compatible with the High-Resolution Pack. If you play with the HRP, you can expect half of the visuals rendering in a glitchy way.

Way to ruin the DukeHard maps.

This post has been edited by The Angry Kiwi: 18 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostThe Angry Kiwi, on 18 October 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

* This episode is NOT compatible with the High-Resolution Pack. If you play with the HRP, you can expect half of the visuals rendering in a glitchy way.

Way to ruin the DukeHard maps.
Die-hard HRPlayers will consider that a disclaimer.
You're a little late for the party ,btw., I had expected you to jump on sergey's first post already. :)

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostLeoD, on 19 October 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

You're a little late for the party ,btw., I had expected you to jump on sergey's first post already. :)

I try to avoid HRP threads as much as possible. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

HRP really isn't the issue as much as the gamer who decides to use HRP in a map not designed for it, then complains that the map is screwed up and can the author 'fix' it.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostForge, on 20 October 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

HRP really isn't the issue as much as the gamer who decides to use HRP in a map not designed for it, then complains that the map is screwed up and can the author 'fix' it.
Stopping that would mean to heal the whole world. Everyone who publishes stuff for free on the internet should simply have their RTFM answer template at hand.

Back on topic: 5.3.565-5.3.648
Brave New World, MSSP v3.0, The Chronic, and more. I have added some additional HRP compatibility information text files about a couple of maps. I think I'll turn that into a separate pack one day.

@EDuke32 developers: So far the maphack system can identify more than 1300 map files by their checksum. More than 1000 maphack files are available, covering almost 800 titles. Come on, guys, implement the DEF tokens.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 23 October 2014 - 05:22 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.651

Catching up with the current release spree... :)

@EDuke32 developers: There are more than 140 maps already which have maphack file naming conflicts due to several versions circulating or simple name duplicity. Resolving that manually by comparing file date or MD4 with the MHKs contained in the current autoload archive is quite a mess for the user. Do you need screenshot comparisons which stress the advantages of user map maphacks to be motivated?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

5.3.565-5.3.659

Support for NightFright's Addon Pack (18 GRPs fully covered so far), but RTFM aka UserMapHacks.txt (see ZIP or Post #1).

Do not archive your addon pack copy with UserMapHacks applied, and do not even think about distributing such a combination. This would prevent future improvements of EDuke32 or the HRP from working correctly.

Download, info, and change log -> Post #1

This post has been edited by LeoD: 02 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
r4884 | hendricks266 | 2015-01-08 07:14:00 -0800 (Thu, 08 Jan 2015) | 1 line

Implement UserMapHacks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Hail to the Hendricks266, baby!

The maphack naming conflicts are a thing of the past now. And no more doubts if the upcoming HRP release is justified.

I still can't run recent EDuke32 versions properly, so I backported the code to r4495, and everything works as expected. :)

A new UserMapHack Pack, now technically a Z-Pack style HRP update pack, will be available soon. Then I can die in peace.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Dummy post to turn the page, as the next one should to be on top. :)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options