Duke4.net Forums: Terminal Velocity - Duke4.net Forums

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Terminal Velocity  "Anyone played this game? NOT the movie starring Charlie Sheen."

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Accusing me of acting like a spoiled brat is a lie. (If you want to see spoiled brat behavior, see Max Payne's "community" thread.) You accusing me of blaming others for my problems is a lie, for reasons I already explained.

You accusing me of downvoting you unprovoked is a lie, and with how much of an asshole you're being, I feel completely justified in tossing out more. I downvoted you mainly because you were excusing your behavior on being drunk, which is fucking stupid as fuck and to be honest shows to me that you have problems taking responsibility for your own actions.

Take my once alcoholic father as an example. He was abusive as fuck, treated people like shit, drank on the job as a police officer and got fired as a result, among other things. His excuse for everything? He was drunk. Never mind the fact that he was just being a despicable human being... He was drunk, so it makes it all A-OK, right?

People like you who can't get their kicks any other way than to torment and provoke other people (especially when they're particularly vulnerable such as during depression in suicidal ideation) sicken me. You might think I'm a whiner, but despite all the shit I've gone through, I stick by my morals and refuse to bring myself up/find joy by putting someone else down.

In fact, I'd sooner die depressed and miserable than living with the guilt that I got my pseudo-joy by making others miserable, compromising my morals and integrity as a person. You'll rarely, if ever find me trolling people. I don't like it, I feel like a piece of shit when doing so. I'd sooner get to know people, make friends, play games together, etc. Will I still criticize people? Yes, but I don't make an entertainment spectacle out of it. A simple downvote and statement of my disapproval is where I leave it.

Tormenting people for sport is like hunting for sport. It's wasteful, pays no respect for the hunted, the joy/rush is empty and temporary, and it's completely fucking pointless in the end.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Hmm, I mentioned the other night that it "involved" alcohol, I didn't blame it directly.
And if having a few drinks on the weekend makes me an alcoholic, well then I guess I'm beyond help, oh lordy loo.

You're focusing on that very small tidbit because it's a very large thing in your life it seems.

Life is full of problems by the way, it's how you handle them.

You're scoring an F- for your handling of said problems.

I find no joy in bringing you down, you downvoted me many times while I had never downvoted you.

This is what you get for your actions. I'd continually downvote you such as you are doing if I was a child.
But I've taken some spare moments to make it more painful for you so that in the future, you just might think twice :)

This post has been edited by Robman: 09 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

• Auramancer

Like I said before. You being a dick isn't going to "teach" me anything, and it's only making me feel even more justified. So no, I'm not going to think twice about sending out another deserved downvote.

If you wanted me to stop, you could have just said "Hey man, what's up with the downvote? Could you explain?" I would have obliged you without hostility. Then we could have discussed and settled things and maybe then I'd think twice before doing so.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 August 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

If you wanted me to stop, you could have just said "Hey man, what's up with the downvote? Could you explain?" I would have obliged you without hostility.

Lie.

You were jealous of my incredible 303 points to your paltry 299.

This post has been edited by Robman: 09 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

StrikerMan780... just block this guy. He doesn't come here for the same reasons as yourself. Weak and uninteresting people who enjoy managing the emotions of those who haven't learned how to ignore harassment are drawn to these places at much higher than in-real-life proportion. Their reasons and motivations vary and are beyond the complexity I wish to explain in text. In summary, some people think "a kick in the butt" is what fixes people, usually because they are lazy and at some point in their lives, that is what it took to motivate them. Being uncaring, unwise, uneducated, or the like, they don't know the "kick in the butt" isn't always a solution... especially to "real" psychological or emotional problems.
Most public forums are no place for those who experience emotional attachment in the virtual world... in my opinion. As far as hecklers go, in real life, these types are just usually just sad and weak. Because forums don't have real parents and few house rules that promote a safe haven for sharing of ideas and thought, they come here to act in a way they could never in real life.

Anyway... your work thus far has been unusually fast progressing and impressive in my opinion. Would hate to see it end, but if the project and hecklers wear you down till you break, it isn't a good thing, and I hope you find a more positive project to work/focus on.
Good luck StrikerMan780

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

When I show somebody sympathy and then they lash out repeatedly, I'm going to let them know that I find that unacceptable.

Not that your soothing verbal ointment isn't going to help though Blacky.

You can pull the "oh, I'm emotionally damaged, wo-is-me" card all you like, but then when you get aggressive, expect retaliation.

Seems a natural course of action, leave me alone and I leave you alone. It's a simple rule really.

I'm not going to suffer the weak when they masquerade as some sort of bad-ass.

This post has been edited by Robman: 09 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Ugh I used all my downvotes already.

I regret inviting Robman here. :) Sorry everyone, but I sent him a link to this forum on Meltdown to try and help him get his SW site out there. I already knew he was kind of nutty, but sometimes I think people look nuttier than usual in live chat. Unfortunately I underestimated him.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Hehe you guys are going a bit far I see just calm down even I am not overboard xD Striker what your doing here is good. I never played the game and not my interest really but obviously some people are fans and I would say it looks cool but even the flying missions in Turok Evolution throw me off hehe. And I'm just not a flyer but awesome work there so far you have gave fast results no need to rush though. But to me you are kind of going overboard did I see a suicide post? That is heavy to be saying on a duke forum and a thread that should be the opposite, i'm saying nicely I think you have to be ready to handle all aspects in doing some things like this dealing with people is one of them. Just go with it no need to rush hard work is okay but stressing and rushing idk man looks like it has taken a toll on you atm.

You also keep talking about max payne, you are also saying some pretty ridiculous stuff right here to yourself if you look back on them(oh yeah the thread was moved to help you keep this clean well here we go again) and max payne was insta banned for what he said on your thread I think and wasn't allowed to say what he meant. Even I don't know this game, yeah sorry but all I know is whats posted so I imagine others who don't know the game (especially earlier on in this thread) had no clue just as I didn't. Now your fighting with Robman, Robman be careful heheh. But since you have been fighting with a few people there's a possibility the person involved (you) is also in the wrong at times like comments saying "messed with the wrong bull" for example.

I'm not trying to be on sides or sound like a jerk Striker but I am letting you know the thread is going downhill again with stuff like this and some of it is also from you, not only other people. We all get upset at times but this is kind of going a bit to far here don't you think calm down and recollect sir.

*Gets shovel, starts cleaning* My my, that's a lot of turds. Nobody told you guys that it is better to start turd throwing drama in PM, rather than bring it into the public and crap right into the forum topic which has nothing to do with your pesky debacle?

You both are grown-ass adults, both above age 18. So why the hell do you act like pair of whiny teenagers? Stop that. This is not the time nor the place for that. Nor Robman, neither Strikerman are right in this situation. You both are wrong for bringing this here. But I am repeating myself at this point.

Anyway, as a positive piece of offtopic - here's my fourth edit of pc man level 4, a peaceful picture to calm everyone down.

Posted Image

• Auramancer

View PostMrBlackCat, on 09 August 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

StrikerMan780... just block this guy. He doesn't come here for the same reasons as yourself. Weak and uninteresting people who enjoy managing the emotions of those who haven't learned how to ignore harassment are drawn to these places at much higher than in-real-life proportion. Their reasons and motivations vary and are beyond the complexity I wish to explain in text. In summary, some people think "a kick in the butt" is what fixes people, usually because they are lazy and at some point in their lives, that is what it took to motivate them. Being uncaring, unwise, uneducated, or the like, they don't know the "kick in the butt" isn't always a solution... especially to "real" psychological or emotional problems.
Most public forums are no place for those who experience emotional attachment in the virtual world... in my opinion. As far as hecklers go, in real life, these types are just usually just sad and weak. Because forums don't have real parents and few house rules that promote a safe haven for sharing of ideas and thought, they come here to act in a way they could never in real life.

Anyway... your work thus far has been unusually fast progressing and impressive in my opinion. Would hate to see it end, but if the project and hecklers wear you down till you break, it isn't a good thing, and I hope you find a more positive project to work/focus on.
Good luck StrikerMan780

MrBlackCat

I'd have blocked him earlier if I knew how.

As for your explanation for why people tend to do these things. It's very accurate. A kick in the ass may fix a lazy ass, but it won't fix a broken ass... it'll more likely cause some permanent internal damage, if you know what I mean. It bothers me when people act like it's some kind of panacea. Different remedies for different ailments, is what I like to say. Just like in real medicine, using the wrong medicine for the wrong symptom can cause even more harm. For example, using a harsh, uncaring, and blunt tone on someone who feels hurt, unwanted, and lonely is only going to make those emotions worse. I can speak from experience.

I know I'm not excellent at handling my problems, but I do what I can with what I know and what I feel applies. Sometimes, I need assistance, and not the kind of "assistance" from egocentric hardasses, but rather positive feedback and encouragement from the people around me. My mind constantly barrages me with hate and negativity, so when I get positive feedback, it helps a small bit, like a small whisper of positivity in a room filled with maniacs screaming negativity... the more whispers there are, the more they combine to form a louder voice against it. However, when people sling shit, it acts like a multiplier... take an already overwhelming amount of negativity, then multiply it by even more negativity, and it becomes so much it just wipes everything else out. Sometimes I wish I could get to the point where that balance is flipped the other way.

I do have quite a bit of an emotional attachment to the virtual world, because it's really all I have. The real world hasn't been good to me... there I feel lost, unwanted, and forgotten. Online, I feel like I have some degree of purpose. The real world has been pretty barren as far as opportunities, friendships, and enjoyment... and not by any means due to any lack of effort on my part. I've tried to meet people, look for work (I have been employed, but only had temporary contracts. Permanent jobs are rare where I live.), find other hobbies, find love. None of it worked out in the end. I still try, but my strength and faith are waning.

I'm glad you think I'm progressing unusually fast... It's just... I'm used to being even faster. I've done projects in the past that have usually taken people years, in the span of weeks. I still blame that on my conditioning... the mentors in my life were not unlike Fletcher in Whiplash in a way. No amount of good performance will ever be enough.

View PostRobman, on 09 August 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

When I show somebody sympathy and then they lash out repeatedly, I'm going to let them know that I find that unacceptable.

What sympathy? Seriously, what sympathy? I've yet to see anything in that long string of trying to piss me off that resembles sympathy.

Also, woe is me? How about no. More like "This is who I am, and this is what happened to make me who I am."

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 August 2015 - 06:33 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostSgt. Rarity, on 09 August 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

Ugh I used all my downvotes already.

I regret inviting Robman here. :) Sorry everyone, but I sent him a link to this forum on Meltdown to try and help him get his SW site out there. I already knew he was kind of nutty, but sometimes I think people look nuttier than usual in live chat. Unfortunately I underestimated him.

We all make mistakes.

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 August 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

What sympathy? Seriously, what sympathy? I've yet to see anything in that long string of trying to piss me off that resembles sympathy.

Also, woe is me? How about no. More like "This is who I am, and this is what happened to make me who I am."

View PostRobman, on 31 July 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Fair enough, sorry for your loss man.

Perhaps just take a small break from this stuff while you heal. This place will still be here and looking forward to your port when you get back.

Take care.

This is what we call, a classic case of sympathy. That thing you lost from me..and continue to do so.

This post has been edited by Robman: 09 August 2015 - 06:33 PM

• Auramancer

One instance of sympathy does not absolve one of any criticism. That was a different thread, different time, and different context. As far as I can remember, I thanked you for that post.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostRobman, on 09 August 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

We all make mistakes.This is what we call, a classic case of sympathy. That thing you lost from me..and continue to do so.

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 August 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

One instance of sympathy does not absolve one of any criticism. That was a different thread, different time, and different context. As far as I can remember, I thanked you for that post.

BOTH OF YOU. OUT! Go to PM. Or if both of you have a case 'i want others to see how hurt/offended i am' - that's an attention-whoring.

Robman's doing it because he's a fat troll, and Striker....well, Striker, you really should know better by now.

• Auramancer

Smoke, you're not helping for shit right now. Kind of pissing me off even further. This isn't about "Attention whoring". What's the point of talking in a public board if nothing is going to be discussed publicly? I'm for open debate, regardless of how gnarly.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 August 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

Smoke, you're not helping for shit.

And you are a "white knight" on a blueballed case of "NOTICE MY PAIN, ADMIRE MY STRUGGLE". which is not helping either. Please stop.

This post has been edited by Smoke Fumus: 09 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nobody is helping anything here. And you're not helping yourself, Striker. The first person to post something unrelated to petty insult slinging will be that famed mystical special helping person. This is not worth any effort.

• Auramancer

View PostSmoke Fumus, on 09 August 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

And you are a "white knight" on a blueballed case of "NOTICE MY PAIN, ADMIRE MY STRUGGLE". which is not helping either. Please stop.

Bullshit.

And you know what, you can go fuck yourself too. You've had a tendency to be a constant fucking jerk to me off of this board. Want to know why I haven't been on Skype for the last week? Don't want to deal with your shit.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 August 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Bullshit.

Then take it into pm, if you're not intent on showing off your pain against a troll for a live audience. I already told you that.

• Auramancer

You want to know why I keep going? Perhaps I've reached the point where I just want to burn all my fucking bridges now. I'd sooner kill myself having nobody who'll miss me. That way people won't be hurt by my disappearance.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 09 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostSmoke Fumus, on 09 August 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

BOTH OF YOU. OUT!
Robman's doing it because he's a fat troll, and Striker....well, Striker, you really should know better by now.

Fine, I'll leave... you're all being too serious for me. But I must say I'm not fat... I'm pleasantly plump!
Actually I'm 5'10" 150lbs.

Seriously though, I've caused enough havoc to last a few months. Catch yas later. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

View PostStrikerMan780, on 09 August 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

You want to know why I keep going? Perhaps I've reached the point where I just want to burn all my fucking bridges now. I'd sooner kill myself having nobody who'll miss me. That way people won't be hurt by my disappearance.

Here the fuck we go again. You have project you're working on, you have a huge progress and a foreseeable improvement of your situation, and you rather burn it all down because you can't handle it, rather than be a man and pull through.

Posted Image

• Auramancer

Everything's hopeless. They always have been. There was no progress or improvement to speak of, and never will be.

This post has been edited by Worthless: 09 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Life is a constant struggle and we're bound to walk under a shitstorm, scraping bullshit from our necks. What's your point?

• Auramancer

My point is, what is the point of wading through that shitstorm? What do we get at the end? Death. Once you're gone, your memories, experiences... everything is gone. And if the scientists are correct and this universe is going to get wiped from existence during some big crunch, what afterlife is there to speak of? A lifetime of bullshit and suffering for an infinity of blackness and silence. Sometimes I just want to skip the bullshit and get right to the silence.

Please, moderators... remove me from this board. I don't want to continue. I can't stop myself.

This post has been edited by Worthless: 09 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

Stop acting like you're 12. either get some meds or get a therapist, and stop complaining on the internet.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

While unfortunately I can't guarantee anything, My Little Pony actually has a track record of curing depression and improving anger management in bronies who claim to have had these problems before watching. I have the first three episodes of season 1 uploaded on Drive that I give to people that are interested in trying out the series - the first 3 episodes really set up the whole series and are enough to judge whether ponies are for you are not. I'll just post the link here in case anyone's interested in challaxing to some chill ponies.

https://drive.google...Xzg&usp=sharing

This post has been edited by Sgt. Rarity: 09 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

• Auramancer

Carl Winslow: 12-year-olds don't think about this kind of heavy shit. And FYI, I've been on about 9 different medications. Nothing helped. I'm currently being weened off yet another useless medication.

Mods. Please... just remove me. I'm done.

This post has been edited by Worthless: 09 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

*keeps smashing table with head*
Posted Image

Stop trying to have a pity from others by such a low means - that's only gonna provoke resentment.

Also, boo friggin hoo. Nobody cares. Hell - even i stopped caring about that. You wanna know why? Because journey - that's what matters. Life keeps throwin' - i keep plowin'.

Nice that you want to memorize your mental breakdown in a public place - that's gonna bite you right in the ass around 3 years from now when you'll be a chief programmer at Picturesque games.

• Auramancer

I won't be chief programmer. I won't even reach that point. If by some miracle I do, It won't be at Picturesque. I had my own plans.

This isn't pity. Not self-pity, or desiring pity from someone else. For the tenth fucking time since I told you on Skype, pity and loathing aren't the same thing.

"This is shit" isn't "Woe is me"

"I'm a worthless piece of shit" isn't "Poor me" or "I pity myself".

This post has been edited by Worthless: 09 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

Plans. Yeah. With life stance like this one. Plans. Uhuh. No mate, you're coming to picturesque games, right after i'll drag you through skilled psychologists.

What's that? You don't want me to be your babysitter. THEN GROW THE FUCK UP!

This post has been edited by Smoke Fumus: 09 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options