• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slender's Woods thread  "Standalone horror mod/game"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDustFalcon85, on 21 September 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

I looked at the Wikipedia page for Slender and it says it uses the Unity engine. So I went to wiki page for Unity engine. Both the Slender & Unity pages didn't mention EDuke32 whatsoever. So It must be a engine built from scratch. You sure about this?

View PostDustFalcon85, on 04 September 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

I would like to see an Xbox 360 Indie release of this. Any plans for that possibility at the moment?

Slender ≠ Slender's Woods. This thread is for Slender's Woods, an EDuke32 mod by zykov eddy. The context of your posts (i.e. the posts above the one referenced) do not refer to Slender. At that time, the discussion was on-topic: Slender's Woods. Are you oblivious?

User is online   zykov eddy 

Generic mansion!
Posted Image
Construction zone
Posted Image

Good news: the soundtrack and ambient sounds is completed, and so most of the graphics (Most of the textures and models are ripped from elsewhere, but oh well). Hopefully I'll finish this game in a month, it's taking a lot of my time.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 23 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Looking really good dude. I can't wait to play it. Posted Image

I just tested the game with the wide screen resolution. It looks okay for the most part, but the flashlight screws up a bit.

Here's the normal resolution:

Posted Image

And here's the wide screen resolution:

Posted Image

Can it be fixed? I tried to switch between Aspect ration settings. The flashlight looks okay in Old Reg and Old Wide, but some other models screw up.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 25 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Try adding 1024 to orientation when you rotatesprite.

View PostHendricks266, on 25 September 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Try adding 1024 to orientation when you rotatesprite.

Do I need to fix the X & Y positions after using this?

Edit
Nevermind, didn't help. I fixed X & X, and it still looked weird in the wide screen.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 25 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

First "official" gameplay video.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting Story mode to be so hard to make, but so far I'm satisfied with the results. It's getting better and scarier.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 03 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

This looks incredible! The surroundings seems to be very well done and it seems that it plays really smoothly ;) Can't wait to play this and get scared!

Thanks!
Hopefully the navigation in the forest will not be very confusing, since there's no map in the game. I've added some signs and compass ( sometimes the game tells you which direction to choose).

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 03 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

User is offline   Jinroh 

Looking very awesome man, the flashlight bobbing very nice too less distracting. :P I'm replaying Dementium II for the NDS and this is definitely giving me a similar feeling so that is very cool. ;) Keep it up!

Yeah, I kinda missed a compass in the original slender, I was always lost and I never knew where I already went. So that's a very cool addition!

User is offline   ox-skull 

Zykov, if the atmosphere you created in The stairwell mod is anything to go by, this is going be epic. Cant wait to play it.

User is offline   CruX 

Looks incredible. Don't know where you got the music from, but it's adding just the right touch.

View PostEmericaSkater, on 07 October 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Looks incredible. Don't know where you got the music from, but it's adding just the right touch.

Thanks! The music for the mod is made by Aseptic Void.

Good news guys, Slender's Woods is completed after months of development. Time for a beta testing phase.

I'm so fuckin' glad I've managed to finish the project.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Great!
Looking forward to it!

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postzykov eddy, on 18 October 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Good news guys, Slender's Woods is completed after months of development. Time for a beta testing phase.

I'm so fuckin' glad I've managed to finish the project.

Oh sweet man, can't wait to try it, right in time for Halloween. :D Sorry I accidentally downvoted. :/ Stupid mouse slipped.

Awesome man! Time to turn the light off at night, get some beers and play this along with some friends and get all scared :D

To be honest, I'm really afraid that the reaction to the game will not be very good. Not because the game is amful, but rather because it's about Slender man. This character seems to be very overhyped by now, thanks to a million of clones that came out after the release of the original. Trust me, I have about 30 Slender clones on my hard drive, and none of them has some fresh ideas. Same gameplay, just different graphics and locations.

People seem to be getting sick of this character. Even though the goal of Slender's Woods is not page collecting (and it also has a plot and different events), I still think that people gonna hate it just because it's fuckin' Slender. But I can't do anything, by the time half of the game was made, the character wasn't so overhyped.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 19 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I have no Slender clones on my hard drive. This will be new for me.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMarked, on 19 October 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

I have no Slender clones on my hard drive. This will be new for me.

Me neither. I haven't played any of these Slender Man games. However I do find the Slender mythology fascinating although it mostly due to the YouTube channels such as MarbeHornets and TribeTwelve. So in a way this will be something new for me.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You should've started working on this in 2009 when the creepypasta was originally made. I think the slenderman mythos has tons of potential and I have to agree the recent influx of the games just concentrated on very basic ideas, which is probably why everyone is finding it to be very overused.

Still, I'm fairly excited to try your game out, I love horror in general very much and seeing new EDuke32 mods come out is always great.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options