• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Black Mesa 2012 media campaign

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postfuegerstef, on 12 September 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

EDIT @ Lunick:
Just saw your question above. No, BM will not be on Steam on Friday. A dev just confirmed that. But he does not know how long it will take to be on Steam.

Aww, that's ok. It will still get a lot of popularity from being released ;) Thanks for finding the info for me.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Have some "unofficial" screens, courtesy of a dev leaking slightly older build screens on a russian forum

Posted Image
http://utforum.ru/in...e=post&id=23398
http://utforum.ru/in...e=post&id=23396

User is offline   Lunick 

Aww yeah, I like those screenshots. I think I might stay up for the release ;)

This project has had so many leaks, that at times I even thought to myself if some of them weren't made by the actual project lead himself...
Seriously, those that followed this project closely since it's beginnings, know that there have been gigs of this shit leaked at various years.
If you put together all the leaks in media and playable game content that has been leaked until now, you could probably play at least 40% of it...
You can see some levels leaked even 3 times remade from scratch every time they would be leaked haha..
I even played some leaks back from alpha and up to beta stages.
I even saw a shitload of beta screenshots leaked by a so called gaming site and I also found out that at that stage 1 or 2 years ago, the shit they bragged with was looking horrible.
In fact the last official leak, contained a shitload of screenshots made by a guy at a magazine that was playing through the game and taking random sshots.
The game looked really amateurish in lots of areas and lots of fans me included, lost a huge amount of interest after seeing that level of quality.
What I've seen recently seems better though and I know they've took lots of those complaints to heart and remade lots of areas seen in their leaks.

So for the above leaks, I can only warn you to watch out at the date of their build because they might not represent the final work anymore even if they look rather decent.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postfuegerstef, on 12 September 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Maybe he somehow got caught between our time and Valve Time which resulted in some quantum interferences and made the countdown appear for him only today?

That does sound like what happened. This guy with a crowbar asked me to push this cart into a cyclotron about 3 weeks ago and the next thing I know I'm in this forum. Go figure!

User is offline   Loke 

One hour left.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

About 40 minutes now. Me and Lunick are staying up late in Australia, where it'll be roughly 12:30am for us.

What will the release times be where everyone else is?

• Honored Donor

Well, the timer's fnished, but the website broke. Probably from excessive traffic.

User is offline   Lunick 

We broke it ;)

User is offline   Loke 

A working link: http://www.shacknews...ndows-free-game

The official download section is getting hammered right now: http://release.black...d_manager.html#

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm currently at 17%, still a while to go.

They should have prepared for unforeseen consequences.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Fast download: "1 day left".

User is offline   ---- 

Playing it.

It is OK, well, even good. But it reminds me that HL1's gameplay didn't age as well as for example DN3D's.

I fucking love it. And as much as I hate to say it, I have a hard time going back and playing HL1, ESPECIALLY now that I do like this.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 14 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

User is offline   Loke 

Made it up to On A Rail so far, the worst chapter in the original game, so we'll see how this one fares. I'm liking it tho', feels fresh as some areas are redesigned while adding new parts. The atmosphere is excellent as is the soundtrack. I started off playing on Hard and some parts, especially those containing grunts, can be quite difficult as the MP5 is much more accurate this time around. The voice acting is good too though I miss the deep gravelly almost inhuman voices of the original grunts.

The big guy is tracking me... ;)
Posted Image

User is offline   Sangman 

It's great. Have some shots!

How about fixing linking to steam community shots on this forum? ;)

• Honored Donor

So far I like it a lot. It's much more immersive than the original IMO, mainly due to the extra details and higher res textures.

That security guard after the resonance cascade undergoing CPR didn't wake up. Was that meant to happen?

User is offline   Lunick 

'They don't pay me enough at this damn facility'
Posted Image

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostMicky C, on 14 September 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

That security guard after the resonance cascade undergoing CPR didn't wake up. Was that meant to happen?

Yeah I noticed that too ;)

• Polymancer

I was completely bowled over. Both my 9 and 13 year old knew what Black Mesa was.

So far it is really great, i've made it up to the chapter "Power up" and i've been playing for like 5 hours now.
It really does suck you in.

User is offline   Loke 

Holy slideshow Batman! The framerate went to shit at the very end when you're about to go to Xen so the gazillion spawning enemies made it a chore to play but somehow I made it in end by dashing to the fucking teleporter. Prior to that the framerate had been super smooth though.

User is offline   Gambini 

I´m pissing my pants with this mod. it´s so accurate and at the same time fresh!

This post has been edited by Gambini: 15 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

User is offline   ---- 

Completed and loved it.

The only major annoyance for me was the monitor for the airstrike on the Gargantua. It was glitchy like hell. I had two crosshairs flickering in different playes and the red laser on the monitor was z-struggling with the overview. Add the screenshake from the Gargantua hammering at the silo and it was almost impossible to aim.

Also: The Gargantua hammered at the Silo before I was up on it. Just saying.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Loving it!

• Polymancer

Absa-f*cking-loutley-Awesome! It's great!
I thought it would be just good if we were lucky. It's almost completely pro. Even the voice acting is spot on. Even the bit at the beginning where the scientists are talking about the worth of 'derivative works'.
I don't know if they are baking everything into the diffuse, but this looks like Source 'next gen', with funky reflection maps and beautiful water.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Yeah it's almost hard to believe it's not an official game. The whole first half of the game had me grinning and thinking this is totally awesome especially. I agree about it looking like source 'next gen' as well and it's not just the graphics that impress me. I'm pleasently surprised by the sound too. All the sounds are sharp and sound great especially when you do stuff like walk over metal grating. The attention to detail in all aspects is pretty amazing.

After a while it kind of seems it strays more into straight port territory but everything apart from a few glitches here and there is top notch.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 15 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   Loke 

View Postfuegerstef, on 15 September 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Also: The Gargantua hammered at the Silo before I was up on it. Just saying.

First time I accidentally ran past the silo and dived into the water and saw it banging at the silo even though I weren't on it.

Interesting to see all the differences between the original and BM like, for an example,
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Loke: 15 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

Holy fuck,

***SPOILER***
The ambush at the end of Questionable Ethics on hard was one of the most fun battles I've ever had in any game. I died a lot on hard, but it actually forced me to use strategy, and the soundtrack for this part, which I avoided listening to so I didn't spoil it, was fucking great. and the Tau Cannon is SO GOD DAMN FUN TO USE.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options