Duke4.net Forums: Black Mesa 2012 media campaign - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Black Mesa 2012 media campaign

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Hey guys, just figured I'd drop this here in case there are any HL1 fans.

Anybody who follows Black Mesa in any way, shape or form, knows they haven't had any new or significant media in a while, and would also know from the devs that upon preparation for release, when the mod was close enough to being finished that they could confidently give a release date and have no trouble making it, they would forgo the blackout and start releasing different types of media over the course of a couple of weeks to prepare for the mod's release.

They just started it the other day:

https://www.facebook.com/BlackMesaDevs

Thank you all so much, it's really great to have your support! With your help we have now kicked off our social-media campaign towards our first release! You can expect more updates from us in the near future. Today we are sharing this fantastic batch of screenshots that really gives you the first glimpse into the gameplay of Black Mesa. This is just the beginning. We have more in store for you in the near future! Hold on to your lab coats!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is comparisons between HL1 and BM
Black Mesa: Community Forums - View Single Post - The 20,000 Facebook Likes Challenge

For those who don't know, BM is a mod for HL2 (it's free, all you need to do is install source SDK base which is also free) that re-imagines the original Half-Life game to be on par with HL2 and its episodes.

(And just fyi, I would recommend you avoid posting here if are just going to bash the mod, as it's something these guys are doing in their spare time for the community, and have poured many man-hours into and much of their own money to give it to us for free)

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 14 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I was with you up until you called Source "current tech." :) Mod still looks pretty cool, though. I was starting to think it would never be released.

Yeah, source is pretty outdated, I should say "on par with HL2 and its episodes"

I think I'll change that :)

User is offline   Lunick 

I posted about this in the post thread but I kinda got ignored <.<

User is offline   Loke 

Heh, I've been following this since its birth back in 2004 when Kalashnikov was the team leader. Kinda dropped off their progress the last few years though. Good to see they're still going strong. Can't wait to play it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I enjoyed half-life 2 but I had trouble sitting through the original half-life (I only tried playing it for the first time a few years ago.) So hopefully this is close to the original and that I can finish it.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMicky C, on 14 June 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I enjoyed half-life 2 but I had trouble sitting through the original half-life (I only tried playing it for the first time a few years ago.) So hopefully this is close to the original and that I can finish it.

The original Half-life game was way better than any of its predecessors. Keep up the great work it looks awesome! Will this mod support playing the game through in Co-op mode with a friend? I really hope so!

This post has been edited by Paul B: 16 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I don't habeeb it.

Man, I so want to use this gun in game

Posted Image

Experimental weapons + gibbing = great fun

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Why wouldn't it be? Play Half Life 1. That's called the Gluon Gun and acts like a bad guy eraser.

View PostBloodshot, on 14 June 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Man, I so want to use this gun in game

Posted Image

That's the gluon gun from hl1, remade in bms.
Don't tell me you never played hl1 before...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 15 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

No, i was saying i WANT to use the gluon in BMS because it has source particles and ragdolls + gibbing + blood pooling and other stuff like that

It and the tau cannon are experimental weapons, obviously :) didn't realize that would come across as me not knowing what gun it was though

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 15 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Gluon, btw, is what mediates the so-called strong nuclear force, i.e., the force that keeps matter together at the "quark" level, kinda like "glue", which is where "gluon" comes from. So, when you're using the "gluon" gun you're somehow disabling the strong nuclear force, making all matter go their separate ways.

Maybe it should be called the gluoff gun then :)

Seriously though, more games need experimental weapons like this

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 15 June 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Gluon, btw, is what mediates the so-called strong nuclear force, i.e., the force that keeps matter together at the "quark" level, kinda like "glue", which is where "gluon" comes from. So, when you're using the "gluon" gun you're somehow disabling the strong nuclear force, making all matter go their separate ways.

Realistically speaking, wouldn't that cause a massive explosion, since the charged particles would be so close to each other with a massive repelling force, and with nothing holding them together any longer, they would accelerate away at insane velocity?

Apparently gravity is caused by pairs of gluons (a graviton is a pair of gluons). Interesting stuff, one day we might have antigravity Posted Image

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Yeah, isn't that what nuclear fission is based on? A high-energy neutron collides with a nucleus, overcoming the strong force (or rather its residual, the nucler force). Of course organic matter is not quite as potent as heavy nuclei such as uranium so people reduced to bits this way probably wouldn't go the way of Little Boy.

View PostBloodshot, on 15 June 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

No, i was saying i WANT to use the gluon in BMS because it has source particles and ragdolls + gibbing + blood pooling and other stuff like that

It and the tau cannon are experimental weapons, obviously :) didn't realize that would come across as me not knowing what gun it was though

You said

It seemed from that quote that you didn't know what weapon that is, which is why you resorted to calling it an experimental weapon, rather than calling it by it's name.
As for down rating me for that reply, to put it nicely, I think you're in serious need of some successful social events in your life and I mean asap...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 17 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 17 June 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

You said

It seemed from that quote that you didn't know what weapon that is, which is why you resorted to calling it an experimental weapon, rather than calling it by it's name.
As for down rating me for that reply, to put it nicely, I think you're in serious need of some successful social events in your life and I mean asap...

No offense but this seems a little, childish. Did you know for sure that Bloodshot downvoted you? Seriously, seems like you are getting pissed by nonsense. Let it be, I saw nothing wrong with Bloodshots posts.

This post has been edited by s.b.Newsom: 17 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

User is offline   Martin 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 17 June 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

I think you're in serious need of some successful social events in your life and I mean asap...

Look who's talking.

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 17 June 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

No offense but this seems a little, childish. Did you know for sure that Bloodshot downvoted you? Seriously, seems like you are getting pissed by nonsense. Let it be, I saw nothing wrong with Bloodshots posts.

No offence taken but I did not see anything wrong with Bloodshot's post either, I just commented against his decision to downvote me for no reason, that's all.
Nobody else had any reason to downvote me in that post so it most likely was him.
That post I made was an unanimously known and accepted fact being re stated and nothing more.
That's the name of that weapon, and down voting me for stating it's name is not going to change that fact, no matter how weird it is to think that somebody doesn't accept it...
I believe that he down voted me because he probably felt insulted that I assumed he doesn't know the name of that weapon but that's just childish..
That's why I told him that he needs to cut down on his frustrations because he had no reason to downvote me for that post.
If anybody else downvoted me for that post, then it's just due to some antipathy towards me, frustration or rating system abuse nothing more.

View PostMartin, on 17 June 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Look who's talking.

I see you still stalk me and wait for the right moment when somebody criticizes me, so you can jump and participate at saying something against me too.
It's always nice to see you still care hehe.
For some reason, all I notice from your replies at my posts is a desperate need to get back at me for all those times in the past when I dismantled your trolls and used them against you haha...
Keep trying though, it's always a pleasure.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 17 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   Night Wolf 

Why do some people care so much about votes....
Am I missing something... if you get 1000 reputation do you shit gold?

View Postozz, on 17 June 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Why do some people care so much about votes....
Am I missing something... if you get 1000 reputation do you shit gold?

The radiating frustration in the idea of a gratuitous down vote is lamer than the down vote itself in my opinion...
At least that's what bothered me in this situation.
When I post something debatable and I get a down vote I don't even care but when down votes are given for absolutely no reason, I start wondering if some people could possibly be so frustrated that they start seeing thumbs up and thumbs down as an online weapon that might help them vent their anger.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 17 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

What the fuck man? I didn't downvote you.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 17 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Talk about one bigass misunderstanding. When I first read your post it came across as you not knowing about the Gluon gun. In hindsight it doesn't really come across that way.

User is offline   ---- 

You people do know that you can click on the red/green reputation number in your post to see who up or downvoted your post?

In the above case it was Achenar who downvoted Mr. Deviance. So why he said that Bloodshot needs social events is beyond me. Spome people need a forum tutorial asap. :(

View PostBloodshot, on 17 June 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

What the fuck man? I didn't downvote you.

Yeah, if what fuegerstef said is correct, then it was a rating abuse made by a particular guy that has been stalking me for quite a while now.
He even posted on my profile in 2011, either that or his hand slipped on the negative button when he tried to up vote me...
In the given situation, I retract what I said about you.
This situation is turning rather silly and it's starting to actually derail this topic.
What I want to know is how does fuegerstef manage to see who gave out ratings because it doesn't work over here.
Maybe he cares to provide some proof with a screenshot?

View Postfuegerstef, on 17 June 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

You people do know that you can click on the red/green reputation number in your post to see who up or downvoted your post?

No you can't. At least I can't.
Show me a screenshot of you doing it, or else I will suspect you of trying to pin this on that guy for no reason.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 17 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Your paranoia is comparable to those of tinfoil-hatters.

I downvoted you because, in my opinion, your post was needlessly hostile and redundant to Mad Max RW's post. Bit of a pity as I generally upvote your posts, and many people know it. Hope this clears up any confusion. :(

Edit: Stalking? Really? Upvoting posts I find to be of good quality is stalking? You need to take a chill pill. I hardly monitor these forums much nowadays.

This post has been edited by Achenar: 17 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

User is offline   ---- 

I resized the screenshot. But I think this and the fact Achenar confirmed it, makes it valid.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Unbenannt-1.jpg

User is offline   Martin 

Yeah D, your tone is often pretty venomous and mightier-than-thou. You seem to be in love with yourself. Telling that guy to 'get a social life' etc whilst you sit on here every night talking about computer games and prowling the boards (and agonising over a downvote :(). It's hypocritical, and it's no surprise that you receive the odd downvote even if your statements are totally correct. It's difficult for people to know when you actually do know something, or if you're just talking nonsense. You deliver each post with the same "I'm obviously right" attitude. Some may find it grating, and thus you receive downvotes when you think you don't deserve them.

Also, I will note that I received the following PM on the 4th of January this year, basically asking me not to talk about the rep system. I assume it goes for everyone.

Green said:

Please refrain from complaining about the reputation system on the forums. I've told s.b.Newsom the same thing - just ignore the reputation system, if someone complains about it ignore them.

Personally I don't give a fuck about the reputation system and think it should be removed from the forums as all it does is cause arguments.

Have an awesome day you sexy, sexy man! :(

Thanks,
-Green

I hope Green doesn't mind me posting that. If you absolutely have to whine annoyingly about your downvotes, do so in this dedicated thread. From your post, which was the 17th in this thread (of which this post will be the 29th reply), this topic has been totally derailed. We're not even off the first page, and half of the topic is now already not the topic. So go air your downvote grievances in the proper place, or don't mention it at all. People shouldn't have to think "Hang on, is D going to chastise me for downvoting him?" as they hover over the minus button under your post.

In my opinion, people who whine about downvotes are wrong in the head. It simply doesn't matter. End of opinion.

Black Mesa mod discussion, I CHOOSE YOU!

User is offline   Lunick 

I think this thread should be cleared of all it's off topic posts about the rep system, Black Mesa doesn't need more controversy.

The screenshots look beautiful.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options