Duke4.net Forums: Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake. - Duke4.net Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I downloaded Rise of the Triad on my new PC system the other day, its kinda painful to play on my 55 inch TV :( But all and all a good game :(

But I'd rather see a Shadow Warrior remake/sequel or even the unlikely DN:R lol

User is offline   Kathy 

https://twitter.com/...Triad/following

User is offline   KareBear 

I wanted Shadow Warrior but im happy with ROTT.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostBurnett, on 02 August 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Omni 

Its ROTT and Playable at Quakecon. I have not had a chance to try it out yet. But the Demo felt lacking.

User is offline   Green 

Rise of the Triad has just been announced at Quakecon 2012.

August 2, 2012 – Dallas, TX - Today at QuakeCon, Apogee Software and Interceptor Entertainment have announced the rebirth of the cult-classic first-person shooter, Rise of the Triad - vowing to make it bigger, better and more ludicrous than ever before. Powered by the industry-leading Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games, Rise of the Triad includes a full single-player campaign which is complimented by a fully featured multiplayer experience.

“We were seeking a strong, independent, hard-working development partner to herald the eagerly-anticipated return of Rise of the Triad,” said Terry Nagy, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Apogee. “We have indeed found that partner in Interceptor Entertainment.”

Releasing for the PC via Steam, Rise of the Triad is packed with features that are sure to melt your face off. See our features and media secitons for more!

"Apogee has given us a great opportunity with Rise of the Triad," said Interceptor CEO Frederik Schreiber."We are all about fast paced action and this was simply a perfect match for us as fans of old school shooters"

More information: http://www.riseofthetriad.net/web/

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Heh, most unsurprising announcement of the year if you follow this forum. Looks good, though. The sound effects and voices are terrible.

User is offline   ---- 

I have played it (a pre Quakecon build) and the soundFX are good, IMHO (Trailer makes them sound weaker than they are as they are drowned in the music). There were no voices in the MP though, so I cannot comment on that.

And yes, it is using a full Unreal Engine 3 license, not just UDK, because more projects are coming up.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 02 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

You know the saying, "Once burned twice shy?" well that applies here.. although stuff in that trailer looks promising to me. I sort of miss the boxy look of the levels though. ;)

User is offline   ---- 

View PostTetsuo, on 02 August 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

You know the saying, "Once burned twice shy?" well that applies here.. although stuff in that trailer looks promising to me. I sort of miss the boxy look of the levels though. ;)

Well, tbh here, you couldn't sell that nowadays. That's what HRPs and eROTT32s are for. ;)

And Interceptor is not a no-budget company that does a remake for free, anymore. All paid (lot's of new poeple on board, too), fully funded now by investors and publishers and backed by id.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 02 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

So do they realize the machine gun is suppose to be an MP40? Also i agree the sounds are terrible, but i'm sure there will be changes made before the final release.

P.S. I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful that they don't ruin one of my favorite games.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 02 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

User is offline   ---- 

Oh, and since I read some fearsome posts on other forums:

No regenerating health, of course.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 02 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

View Postfuegerstef, on 02 August 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

...and backed by id.

By id or Bethesda/Zenimax? Because the latter can be as bad as Gearbox.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 02 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

User is offline   ---- 

id. Todd Hollenshead met with Interceptor a few times. He also was the one to announce it at Quakecon.

Oh, and you can switch to the old sounds of the original ROTT*, if you want. Just heard the news.

*) Don't know if they will be 8-bit or if they used original sounds from higher quality samples.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 02 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostTetsuo, on 02 August 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

I sort of miss the boxy look of the levels though. ;)

It still looks plenty boxy though.

I'm a bit disappointed, Frederick was teasing Duke all week on his FB so I though it would be Duke coming back, Rise of the Triad never really did anything for me so I'm not looking forward to this. ;)

User is offline   ---- 

View PostWesker500, on 02 August 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

I'm a bit disappointed, Frederick was teasing Duke all week on his FB so I though it would be Duke coming back, Rise of the Triad never really did anything for me so I'm not looking forward to this. :P

try complaints@gbx.com or so. ;) ;)

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Looks really fun. Can't wait to pick it up!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

The CONCEPT looks really fun and I loved the comeback of the traps, over the top weapons, etc... but the levels look really bland. Just like the pitch screenshots Frederik used for DNR when no one knew him. I hope they add a bit more variety and better lighting.

I just figured out where I heard that tune before.

It'll be coming with mod tools and a level creator I heard ;) That's gonna be awesome. I wonder if someone would replace the player model with Duke and the voice files with his oneliners lol

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMad Max RW, on 02 August 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Well, no shit.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostMad Max RW, on 02 August 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

On LameDuke and, of course, on Rise Of The Triad?

Oh and, by the way... I WAS RIGHT!

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 08 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

All the characters in the game, are based on our team members. Here we have our lead Frederik, as Taradino Cassatt

Posted Image

;)

User is offline   thatguy 

Unreal Tech...how did they manage to make the game look so ugly? Seriously, its UE3 tech, unlike what was behind DN4.

Besides that, looks sick. All the awesome elements of ROTT return!!!! I'm so happy! Also the game manages to feel like a real successor to Wolfenstein 3d!!! Something ROTT didn't do too well.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

As opposed to the other guy in here, I'm glad it wasn't Shadow Warrior. I don't want Interceptor touching it. This will be their test, RotT is pretty simple. If you fuck up RotT, you're worthless.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostZor, on 02 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Frederik, as Taradino Cassatt

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 02 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

View PostZor, on 02 August 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

;)

Well that's keeping in spirit with how all the guards in the original where based off of DIP's members. But they didn't do that with the player characters as far as I can tell and who are they going to base Lorelei Ni and Thi Barret off of? Frederik dressed in drag? ;) :P

I'm sure they could have found someone who closer resembled Taradino Cassatt except probably not as cheap. :D

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 02 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostTetsuo, on 02 August 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

... who are they going to base Lorelei Ni and Thi Barret off of?

I have long hair.

J/K.

I bet that Mr. Deviance will play as Fresch all day long, don't you think? ;)

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 03 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You have GOT to be kidding me with that image! If nothing else, Fresch doesn't look remotely like a tough guy or bad ass.

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options