Duke4.net Forums: Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake. - Duke4.net Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostMicky C, on 03 August 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

You have GOT to be kidding me with that image! If nothing else, Fresch doesn't look remotely like a tough guy or bad ass.

He looks more like a character who would shoot flowers, and throw hair gel grenades.

View Postfuegerstef, on 03 August 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

I have long hair.

J/K.

I bet that Mr. Deviance will play as Fresch all day long, don't you think? ;)

I will export Fresch to Gmod and then have him suck a vortigaunt's dick ;)

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

User is offline   Graywolf 

No offense but with the whole DNR hype fiasco and annoying behaviour of project leader, I wish those guys weren't in charge of remaking one of the best old school shooters.

if it's ever possible for this forum to quit acting like a bunch of babies and just appreciate something, I would have hoped it would be now.

I'm with Colon Semicolon. I was actually impressed by the trailer. I know Interceptor has been less than reputable but this looks like a faithful reboot of a franchise near to our hearts. And best of all, it looks fun. Plus if you look on YouTube, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, particularly from those who claim to be fans of the original.

If nothing else, Interceptor was started by a guy who likes what we like. Now that he has a professional team and money, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Count me in as excited about this game.

I do have some questions: Does anyone know Apogee's exact role in this? Do they have a team of developers? Does the RoTT IP belong to them or to the remnants of 3DR?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Apogee's role is collecting royalties.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Where's Fresch's fishnet t-shirt?

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 03 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 03 August 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Also, Apogee and 3DR are the same company. 3DR is just a DBA.

No.

3DR = Apogee Ltd.

Apogee Ltd =/= Apogee LLC (which was founded in 2007 and is involved with ROTT)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You're right. I forgot they set up a second company with the same name. I'll retract that.

User is offline   Tetsuo 

To be frank with you all I'm having a hard time NOT being excited about this... and yes the trailer does look promising to me. Just the thought of a brand new ROTT game that hits the right nostalgia buttons is a dream come true to me.

I just feel like there's a chance things might go south between now and the end of the year but I truly hope I'm wrong about that and we get a kick ass ROTT remake out of this.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 03 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Postburymeinsmoke, on 03 August 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

I'm with Colon Semicolon. I was actually impressed by the trailer. I know Interceptor has been less than reputable but this looks like a faithful reboot of a franchise near to our hearts. And best of all, it looks fun. Plus if you look on YouTube, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, particularly from those who claim to be fans of the original.

If nothing else, Interceptor was started by a guy who likes what we like. Now that he has a professional team and money, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Count me in as excited about this game.

I do have some questions: Does anyone know Apogee's exact role in this? Do they have a team of developers? Does the RoTT IP belong to them or to the remnants of 3DR?

The new Apogee has licensed a unkown number of IP from 3DR including ROTT.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The more I watch that trailer the more I desperately want to hear the full version of that fastway remix.

User is offline   Green 

User is offline   Green 

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMicky C, on 03 August 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

You have GOT to be kidding me with that image! If nothing else, Fresch doesn't look remotely like a tough guy or bad ass.

Fresch doesn't look remotely like Taradino Cassatt, besides only the enemies were developers as i recall.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 03 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostGreen, on 03 August 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

At least it should silence those who think the game will be slowed and dumbed down for the "modern" gamer.

And yes, the maps will be brighter lit in some areas. This is still pre alpha.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 03 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

User is online   Lunick 

Dopefish lives!

User is offline   Omni 

The trailer for this is lacking, the game seems to play smooth. I have not had as much hands on playtime with it as my sister. Depending on what how "pre" alpha this really is I could see it being polished up nicely.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Looks pretty good for such a short dev cycle. Unless people say it wipes your hard-drive at release I'll pick it up. The Excalibat appears to fire a large missile or fireball. Where's the baseball wave attack?

It took years, but fresch finally might have something completed on his resume.

User is offline   necroslut 

Nice, this'll stand out among the sea of dull war shooters for sure. ;)
I hope they can capture the mood of RoTT.

User is offline   Tedades 

Just to get into the mood I attached my remake of Goin' Down the Fast Way. For some reason my mind adds the 'Argh, Argh, Aaaahh!' and the rocket explosions sounds automatically although they are absent from the song.

Hope you enjoy.
(some other older version can be found on youtube, search: tedades)

Attached File(s)

User is offline   KedZee 

View PostTedades, on 05 August 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

Just to get into the mood I attached my remake of Goin' Down the Fast Way. For some reason my mind adds the 'Argh, Argh, Aaaahh!' and the rocket explosions sounds automatically although they are absent from the song.

Hope you enjoy.
(some other older version can be found on youtube, search: tedades)

I've heard good cover tracks of Duke Nukem, Doom, Elder Scrolls etc. And to be honest, this falls into the category of awesome. Well done!

All this about ROTT having a remake surely got my interest. And the trailers look good and all. Interceptor might be onto something here.

Also - gief audio file for the Fast Way version in the trailers!

As a well known critique of everything that Fresch produces(or better said, at what he fails to produce) I believe that at least a few people here expect my bashing of these latest trailers even if just for the sake of seeing me being consequent with my previous statements, so I will try not to let anybody down.
I saw the trailers and all I have to say is TC MOD...
Yeah, at the current level seen in these trailers, this remake looks like an authentic unreal tournament Total Conversion Mod and nothing more.
The lighting looks very amateurish, the bumpmaps look very exaggerated and way too shiny in many cases.
The overall generic look of the lighting and the lack in diversity of textures and colors really shows me that this project is done by a fan studio.
The fact that one of the trailers starts with the GODLY apogee logo as if this remake is supposed to be the old Apogee being reborn, only just made me expect even more from this project.
I don't want to bash it completely since I don't personally hate anybody from that team.
I will bring up that I found the animations decent and some of the weapon models weren't bad at all. I also took note that the sounds are straight from unreal tournament 3, which seems to indicate that they are not final.

If anybody follows tc mods that attempt to remake old school fps games like hexen for ex, using engines like unreal engine 3 or id tech 4, then you are already familiar with the level of complexity found in the art design.

The level design complexity, is the main thing that gives it away as an amateurish project.
Take a ball model and texture it with the highest res human face texture, then apply bump maps and the most realistic shaders and lighting on it and you will realize that it will never come close to looking like a real human face without first having proper polygon density and most importantly an anatomically correct mesh!
That's what I think of this project.
The level design is not credible and the textures and shaders are overdone to cover the simplicity of the maps themselves.
When art design is great, the textures and shaders can be very low because the game will still look incredibly detailed and realistic.
Play S.T.A.K.E.R on lowest settings to see what I mean.

I hope this game will also be single player because I have absolutely no memories of mp from the original of Rise of the Triad

And finally, I have to say this very pressing thing that almost doesn't let me sleep at night.
Choosing to associate the godly Apogee logo with a studio that has never released something before and which is known to be formed out of hobbyists, and then allowing them to remake a classic game and use the exact same name of the original for the remake, is a really bad decision and in my honest opinion, whoever thought this is a good idea needs to suffer the full consequences of a potential failure!
If ending in bankruptcy is an option, I really hope that the one guilty of dragging the godly name of Apogee in this mess will end up experiencing it very soon!

Q: Do I think the parts shown of this project resemble a final build?
A: No

Q: Do I think this project sucks balls?
A: No

Q: Should this project be treated and sold as a respectable game remake under a very pretentious classic logo such as Apogee?
A: Absolutely Not

Q: Should this project be treated as a very impressive TC mod and be open for free downloads on moddb?
A: Absolutely

Q: Can Fresch and his team do this and impress more than 10 people that don't know him and his dev past?
A: ?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 05 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 05 August 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

If ending in bankruptcy is an option, I really hope that the one guilty of dragging the godly name of Apogee in this mess will end up experiencing it very soon!

Seeing how "successful" Apogee LLC with its efforts it might happen sooner than later.

Btw, the game will cost $15.
http://www.joystiq.c...9-include-free/

This post has been edited by Burnett: 05 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The price is certainly competitive. Almost 1/7 of what I played for DNF (standard copy), and less than 1/2 what I payed for SS3. In fact, it's almost suspiciously low.. or is it just me? I'll probably wait 2 or 3 days and see what people say, particularly the length and replay value of the singleplayer campaign, then I'll probably get it.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostMicky C, on 03 August 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

The more I watch that trailer the more I desperately want to hear the full version of that fastway remix.

User is offline   legowolf3d 

View PostFox Mulder, on 06 June 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

The gore halfway through that video is impressive... that's partly what ROTT is all about....

I'd like the gore to get to the following level of detail: (notice the ribs sticking out)
Posted Image

More Mortal Kombat 9 gore:

User is offline   legowolf3d 

View PostThe Ultimate Doomer, on 23 July 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

....I liked its mix of humor and seriousness, but I can't help thinking some parts are just a little cheesy, such as turning into a dog....

I loved the cheesiness... BTW dog mode is god mode backwards...

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Yeah, Mortal Kombat has had that ever since MK2 with Kung Lao's hat split fatality. The way the bodies got cut in half with the spines coming out already did remind me of Mortal Kombat in a way. What I would like is for them to keep the EKG mode for taking the level that it is normally and upping it to truly ludicrous proportions.

View Postlegowolf3d, on 06 August 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

The gore halfway through that video is impressive... that's partly what ROTT is all about....

I'd like the gore to get to the following level of detail: (notice the ribs sticking out)

More Mortal Kombat 9 gore:

The gore in that mortal kombat game is so good that it is almost sick.

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options