Duke4.net Forums: Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake. - Duke4.net Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interceptor Entertainment is doing a Rise Of The Triad remake.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostTetsuo, on 06 August 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

What I would like is for them to keep the EKG mode for taking the level that it is normally and upping it to truly ludicrous proportions.

Stuff like this will most probably be in.

And if some things aren't in from the beginning there will be the (absolutely free) DLC later and the possibility to mod the game. ;)

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View Postfuegerstef, on 06 August 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

And if some things aren't in from the beginning there will be the (absolutely free) DLC later and the possibility to mod the game. ;)

You will be quoted on that. ;)

(I know it'll be free. You people aren't EA.)

This post has been edited by Achenar: 06 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostAchenar, on 06 August 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

You will be quoted on that. ;)

(I know it'll be free. You people aren't EA.)

"And in the spirit of living and breathing within its own community, the game will be fully moddable via Steamworks when it releases for PC later this year/early next year for $15. You can break it, tweak, it, do whatever you want to it. And the team will be doing the same with free DLC post-release where possibly Dog mode, the Hand of God, and more will reside."

From here: http://kotaku.com/59...od-improvements

View Postfuegerstef, on 06 August 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

You can break it, tweak, it, do whatever you want to it.

Why would anybody ever want to break it?
Does it make any sense to advertise that?
I'm aware at how the context lends itself to a gratuitous joke where I could easily say that nobody needs to break something that's already broken.
But the fact of the matter is that this advertisement makes no fucking sense no matter how you look at it.
Anybody could advertise any product and brag with the added benefit that after you buy it you can break it if you want.
Following this form of advertisement, car commercials should also mention that after you buy them, you can feel free to break them, tweak them or do what ever you want to them excluding their usage as terrorist bombs in crowded areas maybe..
And why not, for a nice fine print, it should say that the only things that you buy and you should never break, are nuclear bombs, postitutes and pets right?

Making it obvious that when you buy a bottle of water, you also get the plastic bottle as a bonus, really had to be mentioned.
I like Fresch's advertisement, I love it.;)

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 06 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

"You asked for it! The new version of "Goin' Down The Fast Way" as heard in our trailer is now available for download!"

http://soundcloud.com/rott-music

Map design was pretty average but certainly looks like a step in the right direction in regards to everything else.

Mr. Deviance, is it just like, your job to offer absolutely nothing to a conversation except whining about tiny phrasing issues?

and man, hearing Fast Lane in high quality like this is probably the best thing to come from this so far, though the fact we're even getting a new game for such a forgotten thing is baffling in and of itself. Perhaps it's finally come time for the old-school design philosophies to come back. let's get more looping level designs and fun and interesting weapons. More of the weird guns that can't be classified by the standard 6 that we always get.

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 06 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostColon Semicolon, on 06 August 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Mr. Deviance, is it just like, your job to offer absolutely nothing to a conversation except whining about tiny phrasing issues?

But it's good entertainment.. it's like that one weird kid at primary school sitting in a corner picking his nose and shouting profanity.

Anyway.... it's good to see something old school for a change.

This post has been edited by ozz: 07 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 06 August 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Why would anybody ever want to break it?
Does it make any sense to advertise that?
I'm aware at how the context lends itself to a gratuitous joke where I could easily say that nobody needs to break something that's already broken.
But the fact of the matter is that this advertisement makes no fucking sense no matter how you look at it.
Anybody could advertise any product and brag with the added benefit that after you buy it you can break it if you want.
Following this form of advertisement, car commercials should also mention that after you buy them, you can feel free to break them, tweak them or do what ever you want to them excluding their usage as terrorist bombs in crowded areas maybe..
And why not, for a nice fine print, it should say that the only things that you buy and you should never break, are nuclear bombs, postitutes and pets right?

Making it obvious that when you buy a bottle of water, you also get the plastic bottle as a bonus, really had to be mentioned.
I like Fresch's advertisement, I love it.;)

Hehe, that is the ultimate example of nitpicking I have ever seen on any forum or anywhere else in my whole life. I bow to you, sir.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMad Max RW, on 07 August 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Hehe, that is the ultimate example of nitpicking I have ever seen on any forum or anywhere else in my whole life.
Apparently you are too young to browse the net unattended. ;)
Attached Image: NitPick.jpg

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostColon Semicolon, on 06 August 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Perhaps it's finally come time for the old-school design philosophies to come back. let's get more looping level designs and fun and interesting weapons. More of the weird guns that can't be classified by the standard 6 that we always get.

In spite of my previous posts on this thread, I am quietly enthusiastic about this, if only for a couple of reasons - that this has the monetary backing of Apogee, and there appears to be evidence that this might be a return to arcade-style FPS, ironically enough as a result of what might be perceived as complaints on the Kotaku post:

This is most evidenced by the fact that level design was done in collaboration with original level designer Joe Seigler, resulting in stages where you'll have to collect keys and backtrack to progress.

The guns are unbalanced (though they are willing to work to make the game competitive), the movement is almost nauseatingly fast...

You know something? This is why we don't see old school FPS design anymore; pretentious reviewers that worship the formula of realistic soldier shooter games would dock points off for features like this.

This post has been edited by Achenar: 07 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I'm interested to see how this turns out. I also hope that it comes out on time, and doesn't get put on hold unlike another project I was looking forward to. >_>

Either way, ROTT was a big part of my earlier days, so, I wish best of luck for those at Interceptor.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 07 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostAchenar, on 07 August 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

You know something? This is why we don't see old school FPS design anymore; pretentious reviewers that worship the formula of realistic soldier shooter games would dock points off for features like this.
+1
I never cared much about ROTT, and judging by those vids I doubt that this will change. But we'll see.

User is offline   zwieback 

while i LOVE to see that a ROTT remake is in the works, there is only one thing to say about that: fresch has a talent to say exactly what people want to hear. i happily take the ticket for the hype train - but also pay the fee for the disappointment insurance ;)

but you have my money interceptor. you deserve a chance.

This post has been edited by zwieback: 08 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

What exactly does that insurance cover? Just not being so disappointed when you do get let down?

User is offline   zwieback 

i hope so.. ;)

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostFox Mulder, on 06 August 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

"You asked for it! The new version of "Goin' Down The Fast Way" as heard in our trailer is now available for download!"

http://soundcloud.com/rott-music

Somehow the new version hasn't impressed me. It sounds okay, but I have a feeling that something in the tune (which I like a lot) got lost in the cover.

Perhaps the heavy metal style just isn't the best thing for ROTT soundtrack. I wonder what Lee Jackson has to say about it.

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 08 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postzwieback, on 08 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

while i LOVE to see that a ROTT remake is in the works, there is only one thing to say about that: fresch has a talent to say exactly what people want to hear. i happily take the ticket for the hype train - but also pay the fee for the disappointment insurance ;)

but you have my money interceptor. you deserve a chance.

No offense, but you must not have a bullshit detector. Hardly anything is more offputting to me than hype trains.

View PostMrFlibble, on 08 August 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I wonder what Lee Jackson has to say about it.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Tedades 

For some reason I love internet more after reading your post. When the original ROTT came out we would have never known what he thought if it was not in a interview.

User is offline   LkMax 

what does "Hmm..." is supposed to mean? Something like "meh"?

Also, since it's my first post on this topic (I've been stalking for a while): I liked what I saw in the trailer and gameplay vids. Looking for the finished version...

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostLkMax, on 10 August 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

what does "Hmm..." is supposed to mean? Something like "meh"?

Undecided. Generally an indicator that justice has not sufficiently been done to his work.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostAchenar, on 10 August 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Undecided. Generally an indicator that justice has not sufficiently been done to his work.

I'm not complaining but I think I get his point, just listen at the track, it's like: Oh good there's another Grabbag-like cover of another Grabbag-like Lee's song, Is not that I have something against GDTFW on the contrary I think is just E-pic!!! But why everybody is so obsessed on cover this kind of songs in metal / orchestral stuff?, I mean there's more room for creativity, specially speaking of video game music, just read Lee's words: Saw and heard, thanks for the heads up. Still in "Hmm....." mode, especially after everything I went through for Grabbag. ;)

User is offline   MrFlibble 

As a matter of fact Lee's Hmm... exactly reflects my impression of both the Fastway cover and the whole project ;)

I would have never thought the original song was written in a bad mood though - this is definitely not the impact it makes on listeners. Then again, how much of a composer's attitude gets through to the audience anyway? Can anyone tell, just from listening to the ROTT soundtrack, that Lee wrote it in a rather tight schedule while still doing the tech support job?

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMrFlibble, on 10 August 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

I would have never thought the original song was written in a bad mood though - this is definitely not the impact it makes on listeners. Then again, how much of a composer's attitude gets through to the audience anyway? Can anyone tell, just from listening to the ROTT soundtrack, that Lee wrote it in a rather tight schedule while still doing the tech support job?

There is a subtle "mad as hell" feel to Fastway. It's frantic, fast-paced, and hard-hitting, which kind of fits the atmosphere of ROTT. If an orchestra played it, it would probably be very loud and in-your-face, and I'd certainly argue that it's one of the most aggressive tracks from the game (especially compared to atmospheric ones like Mist Ache or Shards).

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It's like we've gone back to 1999 and Quake III has just hit shelves, man!

That's what it looks like, anyway.

I think some of the level design could use a few tweaks, but otherwise I don't really have any complaints.

View PostLunick, on 03 August 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Dopefish lives!

+1 It looks like no-one noticed The Dopefish in that gameplay video. ;)

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 10 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Actually, when I saw it in the video I thought it would be too obvious to tell because I assumed everyone noticed it anyway. It would be like saying "hey, they've got guns there!".

http://www.gametrail...eplay-interview

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostFox Mulder, on 13 August 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

5:15 "moron innovations" - well, after DNR my expectations weren't too high anyway. ;)

Share this topic:

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options