Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC ideas and suggestions - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC ideas and suggestions  "the thread to put all your ideas and suggestions for the AMC TC in"

Is there a way to use cheats like skipping to the end of a level in AMC TC? I dig it but back when I was playing occasionally the ep 1 stuff I'd get stuck, and I'd just use noclip and cheats like that to try and get through that level.

Like with Doom "megawads" etc sometimes it's good to be able to skip to the next map if you're stuck. You've mentioned that Episode 2 didn't get as much feedback as you'd like, I think that's because anybody new to it who comes along would want to beat Episode 1 first. And when you release Episode 3, there will be a giant amount of stuff before anybody new could comment on your new stuff you just recently worked on, etc.

So if there was an easier way to skip around at times, for those who are in a hurry or whatever, in general it's just good to have those options. I dig the hub areas and all the RPG stuff, but in general it'd be fun to be able to just keep playing if a level or two doesn't agree with you.

I remember there is some way to get to the Episode 2 stuff I think, but I'd want to upgrade stuff along the way and do the overall thing chronologically.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 17 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Sanek, on 17 March 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

I would like to see the level where AMC Base will be under attack. :whistling:

Yeah... with the 'situation green' moving message changed by a 'situation red' or 'red alert' -this could be a reference to Micky's new map inspired by C&C-. :P
As a matter of fact, 'Perfect Dark' (from the N64) has a mission with a similar scenario as a prelude for the last set of missions: you have to defend the good guys' base (well-known to the player, as he is able to wander around and play minigames and whatnot when he is not on a mission) against a bad guys' attack. The interesting part of it is that you are able to reach bits of the base that are unreachable in free roam.

Anyway, I can see that happening in the last episode: ALL enemy factions have as a target the AMC Team as a whole for stopping their previous malevolent plans to take over the galaxy. :woot:

User is offline   Jolteon 

Rhaisher, on 17 March 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Anyway, I can see that happening in the last episode: ALL enemy factions have as a target the AMC Team as a whole for stopping their previous malevolent plans to take over the galaxy. :P

That's a cool idea actually, although it does sound like it could be a survival level though (But that's just me :whistling: ). Either way, I like this idea alot. it'll be cool to see everyone defending the AMC base from enemy attacks. :woot:

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 17 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

Such a scenario would be the perfect occasion to put into use a suggestion I had done long ago, which is to have the other members of the team as AI acompanying you just like EDF soldiers would do.

User is offline   Jblade 

PsychoGoatee, on 17 March 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

Is there a way to use cheats like skipping to the end of a level in AMC TC? I dig it but back when I was playing occasionally the ep 1 stuff I'd get stuck, and I'd just use noclip and cheats like that to try and get through that level.

Like with Doom "megawads" etc sometimes it's good to be able to skip to the next map if you're stuck. You've mentioned that Episode 2 didn't get as much feedback as you'd like, I think that's because anybody new to it who comes along would want to beat Episode 1 first. And when you release Episode 3, there will be a giant amount of stuff before anybody new could comment on your new stuff you just recently worked on, etc.

So if there was an easier way to skip around at times, for those who are in a hurry or whatever, in general it's just good to have those options. I dig the hub areas and all the RPG stuff, but in general it'd be fun to be able to just keep playing if a level or two doesn't agree with you.

I remember there is some way to get to the Episode 2 stuff I think, but I'd want to upgrade stuff along the way and do the overall thing chronologically.

Unfortunately there's nothing like that in the TC - a cheatcode to skip a level would require a bunch of extra work for every individual level. You don't need to of beaten Episode 1 to get to episode two (and so on for all subsequent episodes) though (and the PDU does contain an abort mission button - also if it helps, missions in the game that have a diamond instead of a square can be skipped and are optional)

Jblade, on 18 March 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

Unfortunately there's nothing like that in the TC - a cheatcode to skip a level would require a bunch of extra work for every individual level. You don't need to of beaten Episode 1 to get to episode two (and so on for all subsequent episodes) though (and the PDU does contain an abort mission button - also if it helps, missions in the game that have a diamond instead of a square can be skipped and are optional)

Thanks, I'm not too sure on how progression works, I'd figure some non-optional missions wouldn't unlock if you skipped one? Also if DNSCOTTY works for AMC TC, if you knew the corresponding map numbers could you play a map you haven't unlocked?

I'm sure I will beat it proper sooner or later, just curious.

I have so many damn ideas for "Duke Nukem: AMC", where it turns out that Duke isn't dead, but ended up fighting Dr. Proton into a time warp....if anyone wants the full list, let me know.

For now, I'll just say that having Duke Nukem as an unlockable character, possibly voiced by LazyGameReviews, would be epic.

....and seeing as how everyone's probably staring at this post wondering what medications I'm off of, allow me to amend it: if bringing Duke back is too much to ask, what about slowly introducing a new breed of Dr. Proton's Tekbots? Reveal that the powersuits (the big mechs from Strife) were actually Inquisitor-class mechs, designed by Proton...and one by one, introduce newer types (using the robots from Strife).

It's just a thought, but it could hint, at the very least, that Proton isn't as dead as anyone thought.

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 20 March 2016 - 07:29 AM

I would like to make a few more suggestions ^^

1_ Introduce the Blue Enforcer's gun as usable, you know the one that shoots blue sparkles like Sang's default ring. It would have power in-between the grey one and the red one and have lower projectile speed than the red one but it'd be the only one to work against supernatural enemies alike.

2_ Introduce a temporary Freezethrower, either as an alternate version of the flamethrower or as something similar to the original Duke's. But instead of shooting freeze sparkles it's launch a sort of freezing fog in the same manner as the flamethrowers if that's doable.

3_ A mission in which we fly the Cycloid fighter entirely in space, and/or there would be a space station to blow its defenses (like plasma cannons (like the red commander's attacks) before either destroying it or go in through the docking bay and explore. If that's doable it'd definitely give the Cycloid fighter one hell of a glory.

4_ Maybe a small graphic rework of Jame's Golden Jerichos because (in my opinion) it looks like they're too far back on his hands and the trigger is slightly beyond his finger's reach especially when we reload (unlike the 1911 which has perfect placement).

5_ Maybe make it so that we can pick and carry fire extinguishers around just like the barrels. It could allow us to set up traps without needing slot 9 weapons.(I think this was possible in DukePlus)

6_ Similarly you could make it so that the gas cans for the flame turrets can be shot at and blown us and the explosion would be like the red barrels with a few flames going around or not.

7_ What about a piece of equipment that would allow non-magical OCs to be able to charge up Spirit Armor points ? And if applied to an already able OC it would stack on top (for instance if it add 20 then with magic OCs it would add up and go to 40).

User is offline   Jolteon 

thedrawliner, on 10 April 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

1_ Introduce the Blue Enforcer's gun as usable, you know the one that shoots blue sparkles like Sang's default ring. It would have power in-between the grey one and the red one and have lower projectile speed than the red one but it'd be the only one to work against supernatural enemies alike.

I first thought that their guns were usable, but they just give you the normal chaingun instead. But it would be a nice idea though. :D

If the Attrition people would be willing to loan the sprites and sounds (heh...pun), maybe Liztroopers could drop their own guns instead of pistol ammo?

Also, bring back the spacesuit from Nuclear Showdown---maybe give it a Moonraker-style laser (with a different name, obviously) so that it could have its own weapon, like how the environment suit's welder can occasionally be used against enemies.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If the welder is damaging enemies then that's a bug. Part of the gameplay of the space suit is that the player is vulnerable in it.

User is offline   Jblade 

It can damage enemies, it's just that it has practically zero range and only does a very minor amount of damage.

"Minor damage" ... It can still kill a Protector Drone with a 2 second contact and give it almost no time to retaliate, and in MegaBase since there's a healing station right at the entrance of the area with those you don't have to worry that much about loosing health on that

User is offline   Jblade 

Whatever, the point is it can be used but it's not ideal and for most players it's not a viable tactic to use.

I agree on that, especially since its beam can pierce through multiple enemies and that's how I once got 3 protector drones after me in Megabase

Hello !

I got last bits of suggestions about Upgrades that I'd like to share ^^
Besides there hasn't been any for upgrades ...

1_ What about a special upgrade (needing to rescue Liz) for Zaxtor's slot 0 weapon. It would make it work like with the chip found in Oblivion ? It'd make the projectile leave some red circles behind it and when it'd hit something or bounce too much it'd create an explosion like in Oblivion making it more effective but also more dangerous to use. And it would obviously be a bit hefty, like between 600 and 800 credits.

2_ For Highwire, what about some sort of "Heat Seeking Adaptator" ? It'd render his Rocket Launcher compatible with the Heat Seeking Card only (not with the DUPs and A-Bombs). It'd require saving Liz and it'd cost something like maybe 400 credits at least ...

3_ For Micky you could put a special upgrade (need Liz) for his Auto-Pulse Gun (slot 7) with a "Tighter Spread". It'd make the red laser variant more accurate and/or make the green electric balls variant spread more tightly if not at all. And it'd cost at least 400 credits.

That would make it so that only Sang and Rusty have no special upgrades. I thought of something similar to Highwire for Rusty's RL but since its mechanism differs from the Zilla RL (unlike Highwire's) I thought it'd sound a bit off or "too simple". As for Sang I really got no idea :/

Any chance we can get a mission hub of the "Ryan's Hope" in a future episode? Y'know, the ship mentioned in the FEMCON readme as being where all the rescued babes end up....it'd be a nice tribute to the .CON hack that originally allowed players to rescue babes instead of wasting them....and a backstory for the name would be cool, as well.

And expanding on thedrawliner's idea of upgrades: Sang could get rings of power to increase the potency of some of his spells, giving them effects not unlike the perks you get in "War of Attrition" (piercing, bleeding, acid damage, etc.) It'd make sense to have Sang's upgrades be ring-based---he's a spell-caster, and you don't enhance Magic Missile by getting a heat-seeker card :angry:

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 29 April 2016 - 05:25 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Some nice ideas - that's actually a neat idea about "Ryan's Hope"! I really do want to add more nods to Duke mods and stuff with the future episodes (Even though the plot is going to move away from them in ways I won't share yet)

Hey there !

2,5 quick suggestions ^^

1_ Swap sides Micky's Meson Cannon's reloading animation, here's why >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

2_ (more fitting to "higher difficulty" topic but didn't want to post in 2 topics at once). In higher difficulties you could make it so that when the player takes direct damage and lose HPs the player's movements will be impeded for a short amount of time depending on how many HPs were lost or how many projectiles hit at once. Wether it affects stamina or not is would be your call ...

2,5_ Or maybe take example on WGR2 and make it so that the player can bleed a bit if taking direct damage with no armor but in order to differ from WRG2 a bit bleeding would be cause only by certain attacks (like blades and nails only for instance, or everything but magical/elemental attacks).

User is offline   MetHy 

I was looking at Tower Of Life again, my favourite map in the TC, and I thought it would probably look much nicer if all those lightings from torches were flickering lights.

User is offline   Jblade 

TheDragonLiner, on 08 June 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Hey there !

2,5 quick suggestions ^^

1_ Swap sides Micky's Meson Cannon's reloading animation, here's why >> duke0000.png

Good catch, I'll fix this :)

2_ (more fitting to "higher difficulty" topic but didn't want to post in 2 topics at once). In higher difficulties you could make it so that when the player takes direct damage and lose HPs the player's movements will be impeded for a short amount of time depending on how many HPs were lost or how many projectiles hit at once. Wether it affects stamina or not is would be your call ...

2,5_ Or maybe take example on WGR2 and make it so that the player can bleed a bit if taking direct damage with no armor but in order to differ from WRG2 a bit bleeding would be cause only by certain attacks (like blades and nails only for instance, or everything but magical/elemental attacks).

Not fond of these idea at all I'm afraid, the former would just be incredibly frustrating and I intensely disliked the latter feature in WGR2 as most of the time I'd survive a hit but then I'd just bleed out to death in a couple of seconds. It would work better in a slow paced game but in a fast paced FPS, not at all.

I was looking at Tower Of Life again, my favourite map in the TC, and I thought it would probably look much nicer if all those lightings from torches were flickering lights.

This is one of the things I'd like to improve on in the future (more interactivity in previous maps) so I'll see what I can do here.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 08 June 2016 - 12:00 PM

I understand.

Now that I've played WRG2 again I can see what you mean, especially in the "Open Season" level it's blindingly apparent >_>

• Honored Donor

MetHy, on 08 June 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Gee, one of the few levels of Episode 2 I had nothing to do with :)

Micky C, on 08 June 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

Gee, one of the few levels of Episode 2 I had nothing to do with :)

If you want a suggestion I'd say your part of Mars needs an upgrading station because we find HE shells while we lose our upgrades and therefore can't use them ^_-

Personally my Favorite is "The Wharf", I believe you had something to do with it

User is offline   Loke 

Posted Image

I agree. :)

Loke, on 09 June 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

I agree. :)

That's the result of pouring your heart into doing something you love. :P
Anyway, you already know this, but your maps are FUCKING awesome. It's great to have you on the team. :(

User is offline   Loke 

Rhaisher, on 10 June 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

That's the result of pouring your heart into doing something you love. :)
Anyway, you already know this, but your maps are FUCKING awesome. It's great to have you on the team. :P

Thanks man! :(

Episode 2 might be a hard nut to crack but I think Episode 3 is going to be glorious. We've got a lot of great maps at the moment.

• Honored Donor

Episode 3 does change the formula a bit compared to the difference between Episodes 1 and 2. I'd like to think my maps are quite ambitious for one reason or another.

Micky C, on 10 June 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

Episode 3 does change the formula a bit compared to the difference between Episodes 1 and 2. I'd like to think my maps are quite ambitious for one reason or another.

Ambition can lead to results that can surprise its own instigator as long as you reasonably control them ^_-

With my drawings on DA more than once have I had ambitions too high to match my capabilities and trust me "fixing things" always leaves some stains in the finished work >_>
I'm not a mapper but I believe the same rules apply since it's a form of art in a way (architecture, aestheticism, scenery .....)

Micky C, on 10 June 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

Of course, your EP2's maps are ambitious as well, man. 'Ghost Ship' is unforgettable. And your aid in the China story made the whole experience fun, dynamic and visually appealing.

I admire Loke's concept and vision of his maps. And that he is able to use a texture partially, or change the shade/palette of one to make it look like it matches with another one from a different 'group' and make the whole area look good.
This technique, combined with TROR and his use of sprites, gives an... "Unrealish" look to his maps.

As far as I'm concerned, your contribution to EP3 is going to be astonishing. So keep it up! (As long as your PhD allows it, that is :P) :)

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options