Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC ideas and suggestions - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC ideas and suggestions  "the thread to put all your ideas and suggestions for the AMC TC in"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

When was he meant to have said it? I can’t find an opportunity in this thread where Merlijn’s fixed damage levels would have come up. Besides, as a free TC, it’s not James’ job to inform people of all changes and bug fixes.

In any case, there’s no harm done from any misinterpretation so I wouldn’t worry about it.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 18 August 2020 - 03:31 AM

View PostMicky C, on 18 August 2020 - 03:24 AM, said:

When was he meant to have said it? I can't find an opportunity in this thread where Merlijn's damage levels would have come up. Besides, as a free TC, it's not James' job to inform people of all changes and bug fixes.

In any case, there's no harm done from any misinterpretation so I wouldn't worry about it.

What I was meaning by "earlier", was refering to that moment where I mentioned that Merlijn's blades (among other weapons) was overly nerfed. THAT is when he should have said something like "You're mistaken, there was a glitch that caused them to be too powerfull".

Indeed there is no harm done ... except to ME, because, due to this small episode, I was constantly presented with the middle finger by James for 2 years, and it iis not his job either.

Anyway, let's forget about this.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 18 August 2020 - 03:56 AM

User is offline   Radar 

Merlijn can be a fun character on the right map, but my quip about the character is actually the artwork. Ever since the redux version, the cutoffs on the HUD weapons have made it difficult for me to find interest in using the character. This is not a rip on Sebab as I love his work. I just don't know why Merlijn's weapons were fudged like that.

This post has been edited by R A D A Я: 18 August 2020 - 03:48 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

I didn't give you the middle finger, you've already been called out before for getting far too emotional about the TC and balancing stuff. I can't help you anymore so please keep the tantrums to yourself.

Radar, not sure what you mean about the cut-offs; you mean they go off the screen? More work is being done on his weapons, mainly new hands but I'm also intending to re-add blood to them.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 18 August 2020 - 04:28 AM

User is offline   Radar 

By "cutoffs", I mean the sprite art ends where the screen does. Sometimes I can see the cutoff if I walk or attack at the right moment when the weapon is bobbing or swaying. Ideally, the art for the entire weapon should be included and simply positioned to go offscreen.

User is offline   Jblade 

oh right, yeah that's an ongoing thing I'm fixing over time.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I did about having the full weapon art quite a while ago. Apparently it’s much easier said than done due to perspective problems.

View PostJblade, on 17 August 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

We've got an artist onboard who's doing all the weapons for consistency but I appreciate the offer of art regardless.

Cool. Yeah I saw the updated sprites for AMC TC, but would it be possible that I could get in contact with him? If he's doing the art I'd still like to submit the idea for a medieval polearm like a bardiche/halberd possibility. I do like the changes that will be upcomming with the class. Looking forwards to the next episode release!

Edit: I'm aware of the Guan Dao as being the go-to polearm for Merlijn, but what I had in mind was a possible reskin or a completely new weapon (not sure if you are planning on adding new weapons in EP 4). I did see options to "recolor" weapons for different characters like Jame's Aug, but was wondering if it would be possible to have a possible "reskin" system for Merlijn since weapon recoloring wouldn't make any sense for him.

This post has been edited by StrOf10kBabies: 21 August 2020 - 08:25 AM

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options