Duke4.net Forums: Gta 5 ! GTAV ! Grand Theft Auto Five ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gta 5 ! GTAV ! Grand Theft Auto Five !

The land looks very detailed and the rocks look very varied and detailed.
I see their water also looks great.
I bet they've learned a lot from the graphics mods made by fans for Gta4.
Posted Image

I see they've also added depth of field to the engine and the car models have shading and poly count, almost comparable to the ones seen in the gta 4 fan made high quality cars.
Posted Image

I'm not sure but I think here we are shown dynamic volumetric lighting in action, which is also a new engine feature that didn't exist in gta 4.
Posted Image

My guess is that the gta5 engine, is at least as well optimized and at least as modern as the max payne 3 version of it, if not more!
The gta4 engine has evolved a lot after they used it for Red Dead Redemption and for MaxPayne 3 and now for gta5, they improved it a lot.
They also probably aim to make Gta5 a much smoother experience on pc than Gta4 was at release date and considering they use the same engine as gta4 but much more updated and fixed, I don't see why they won't take their sweet time to avoid all of their previous mistakes and prevent the need to patch the shit out of the game afterwards.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

User is offline   Martin 

They haven't necessarily been motivated by the mods. It's simply been five years since GTA IV, and so the baseline customer's PC has gotten five years better. Thus, better PC graphics. Those shots are almost certainly from the PC version, or are rendered offline on console. Those are never real-time console screen grabs.

View PostMartin, on 24 August 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

They haven't necessarily been motivated by the mods. It's simply been five years since GTA IV, and so the baseline customer's PC has gotten five years better. Thus, better PC graphics. Those shots are almost certainly from the PC version, or are rendered offline on console. Those are never real-time console screen grabs.

If you played max payne 3 on pc, you will recognize the graphics from there.
The max payne 3 graphics on pc are similar to these screenshots in some aspects.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

It looks like it's about as substantially a graphical imporovement over GTA 4 as San Andreas was over the GTA 3 / Vice City.

I can't wait.

User is offline   Martin 

View PostYatta, on 24 August 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

It looks like it's about as substantially a graphical imporovement over GTA 4 as San Andreas was over the GTA 3 / Vice City.

I can't wait.

+1!

Good way of describing it ;)

Spoiler

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostMartin, on 24 August 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

By the way, why do you have such a low rep?

Because he's a homophobe.

User is offline   LkMax 

I can't wait.

Nah, I don't think so. GTA V looks better than GTA IV indeed, but Vice City looks better than San Andreas overall despite SA being much bigger and fun.

I can't wait.

Well 1 year later when Vice City came out after Gta 3, it had worse graphics than Gta 3 and many people have claimed this, I'm not the only one.
Back then, such small shit as adding the ability to shoot tires and get flat tires in Vice City really impressed lots of people me included but the graphics overall were lower than Gta 3.
Though, San Andreas came 3 years later after Gta 3 and it did improve the graphics a lot while still using the same engine with a few added subsystems to it.
What's ironic is that GTA5 seems to be the new Sand Andreas not just because of it's graphics improvement over GTA 4 ratio but also because of where it's action is going to take place, lol...

View PostMartin, on 24 August 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Spoiler

Isn't it obvious that it's self irony on his part?
He wants to show everybody that he doesn't care if he's the most unpopular person on the forum according to his ratings, so he set his rating points himself.
I used to have on my forum a 4/3 warnings on my profile for the lulz.
At 3/3 the account would get auto banned, but I felt the need to have 4/3 because my e-pennis was not satisfied lol...
It's what admins do on their forums when they are bored and want to show their extra cp powers to everybody.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

So I'm really hoping for a simultaneous PC release. I have both consoles, but I want to play this on better hardware.

View PostLkMax, on 25 August 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Nah, I don't think so. GTA V looks better than GTA IV indeed, but Vice City looks better than San Andreas overall despite SA being much bigger and fun.

I think San Andreas is the best looking of all the PS2-generation GTA games, but I understand that it can be a personal choice. I always did love the bright colorful lights of nighttime Vice City.

Strictly from a technical standpoint, however, San Andreas wins in terms of the RenderWare engine's updated graphics and sound capabilities.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 25 August 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

What's ironic is that GTA5 seems to be the new Sand Andreas not just because of it's graphics improvement over GTA 4 ratio but also because of where it's action is going to take place, lol...

Yeah, it's NY to LA all over again. I can't blame them for sticking to America's most interesting cities. ;)

Isn't it obvious that it's self irony on his part?
He wants to show everybody that he doesn't care if he's the most unpopular person on the forum according to his ratings, so he set his rating points himself.

I actually think the rating system we have here is great and very effective. ;)

User is offline   Ronin 

Some new solid GTA 5 info here, very interesting. I believe a new trailer is expected on the 14th.

http://ie.ign.com/ar...etails-revealed

Scrap that this link is better.

http://imgur.com/a/GsODP

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 08 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

So the previous speculation that you get to choose 3 characters turned out to be right.
It also sounds like this game might bring a potentially new and interesting gameplay element to the series, with that changing of your character on the fly and using all 3 of them to take a mission from various angles with all of them at once.
I'm not sure but this might bring a slight strategy to the game.
The fact that cars are announced to benefit from a completely new physics driving model that makes them much more realistic and closer to a good racing game is also a kick in nfs most wanted's face I think.
And finally, I am glad to see that I was right when I said that euphoria seems to be used in much more stuff than before.
The motion captured pedestrians also look much better!

Also gta5's world is said to be bigger than red dead redemption, gta 4 and sand andreas put together?
That really does sound amazing if it's true and the fact that there will be shit to explore under water also makes it interesting.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Less than one hour to go till the second trailer is out.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

This post has been edited by Cody: 14 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

User is offline   Green 

From what i see, the world itself looks great, pretty objects and stuff. But the human models and their movement doesn't look amazing at all.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 14 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 14 November 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

From what i see, the world itself looks great, pretty objects and stuff. But the human models and their movement doesn't look amazing at all.

It's done by this developer
http://wwwtemp.naturalmotion.com/home/
compared to other methods, it has actually more 'real' human movement and reflexes build in, not pre-acted scripts.
http://www.naturalmo...ducts/euphoria/

p.s and no, I did not give you a red for posting an opinion.

This post has been edited by Hank: 14 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostHank, on 14 November 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

It's done by this developer
http://wwwtemp.naturalmotion.com/home/
compared to other methods, it has actually more 'real' human movement and reflexes build in, not pre-acted scripts.
http://www.naturalmo...ducts/euphoria/

p.s and no, I did not give you a red for posting an opinion.

The real time movement's is genius, and in a few years, even i will love it xD

There's a button so you can see who up/down voted. I kinda expected a downvote from cody for posting a negative comment about something he likes, but it's worth it if you want to say what you really think.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 14 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

User is online   Sangman 

Multiple protagonists? I wasn't expecting much from GTA5 but this is kinda interesting.

Don't worry about Cody, he's one of the biggest GTA fanboys around :P

This post has been edited by Sangman: 14 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

User is offline   thatguy 

I'm with Cody. I don't see how GTA can't be seen as a game that set respectable standards in game design and quality.

View PostSangman, on 14 November 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Multiple protagonists? I wasn't expecting much from GTA5 but this is kinda interesting.

Don't worry about Cody, he's one of the biggest GTA fanboys around :P

ahh i see.

@cody: sorry, i still think it looks like a great game :P

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 14 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

User is online   Sangman 

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 14 November 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm with Cody. I don't see how GTA can't be seen as a game that set respectable standards in game design and quality.

This is humorous considering Cody hasn't even posted an opinion yet :P

And sure - GTA3 set a standard. That was over 10 years ago, though.

hehe, i think sb.newsom means that he agree with cody disagreeing with me :P is this right?

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 14 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

hehe, i think sb.newsom means that he agree with cody disagreeing with me :P/> is this right?

I agree that he agrees with Cody disagreeing with you, I hope we all agree that this is what happened.

I disagreed with rasmus thorup on what he said of the human models and their movement doesn't look amazing at all.
I think that it looks much better compared to GTA 4.

As being the biggest GTA fan boy, I would tend to disagree.
I haven't even played GTA: Stories from Vice City and it was a long time before I even played GTA 4, then the Episodes content months after they came out.
Nor have I tried installing mod's etc. for these games.
I think I may just appear as a fan boy to Sang because he has not been attracted to the GTA series since San Andreas came out.

Now please excuse me while I go play some Saints Row 3.

This post has been edited by Cody: 14 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

User is online   Sangman 

View PostCody, on 14 November 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

I think that it looks much better compared to GTA 4.

That is true. There's some side-by-side comparison screenshots somewhere (GTA4 vs GTA5)... the difference is pretty big.

I thought GTA4 back in 2007 was designed to run on max only on PC's that would be released in the future (yeah of course in reality it was just a shitty port), but it already looks outdated :P

User is offline   Ronin 

I want to be completely surprised when I first play this but I can't stop myself from looking at every screenshot and reading every article on it. If I could snort GTA V I would.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 15 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostRipemanewone, on 15 November 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

I want to be completely surprised when I first play this but I can't stop myself from looking at every screenshot and reading every article on it. If I could snort GTA V I would.

QFT,

For me, GTA is up there with Duke,

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostYatta, on 15 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostYatta, on 15 November 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

QFT,

Always bet on GTA!

http://www.lukeyy19....reakdown/page1/

A break down of the latest trailer.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostCody, on 16 November 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

http://www.lukeyy19....reakdown/page1/

A break down of the latest trailer.

That's pretty cool, I think the guy might be just a little bit overly optimistic about what to expect but he did a good job to point out some stuff I missed.

I don't think the water looks dynamic in the caravan shot, looks more like splash sprites I think. I could be wrong though as GTA 4 has sort of dynamic water, when you're in a boat at least.

I like that they have a decent looking little hatchback this time, It's looks like an Alfa Romeo, I'd love if they put a Glanza in it.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 16 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options