Duke4.net Forums: THE IMPERIUM RELEASED! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

THE IMPERIUM RELEASED!

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Except the drops started when I hit the tower switch.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Finished this yesterday and loved it.
A great piece of work, guys!
Especially the last map impressed me quite a bit because of the awesome looking landscape. Reminded me of Xen in Half Life (which is a good thing of course).
Also the creative usage of textures for alien wall decoration was impressive. I don't know if that should motivate me to pick up mapping again or abandon it completely because i will not be able to achieve stuff like that.

My points of criticism would be that i sometimes got stuck/lost in the first levels.
And a custom end sequence was really missed. After a cool boss fight like that it would have felt rewarding.

But the whole thing looked great and played well throughout.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMerlijn, on 23 August 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

That would be great! I can write an article and post it here, just tell me how long you want it to be, and what kind of content it should have (something about the history of the episode, or just a description of it?).

Uh, after no one replied for a day or so, I went ahead and submitted an article by merging two of DeeperThought's posts. It's not up yet, maybe they're giving the previous news article some time in the spotlight, but maybe you can still submit your own article. Maybe 3 paragraphs, including a description, and some history such as why the episode took so long. (Edit: I said maybe a lot lol).

Even if it doesn't make a news headline, it'd be nice having a decently detailed history of the development of the episode to read if there isn't one already.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 24 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMerlijn, on 23 August 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

That would be great! I can write an article and post it here, just tell me how long you want it to be, and what kind of content it should have (something about the history of the episode, or just a description of it?).

@ Methy: that's very cool! I'm surely going to watch it. (although this episode is NOT a survival horror.. there are some horror elements in it, mostly in some of the later maps, but for the most part it's an action packed shooter).

Also, the music is going to be posted on youtube, stay tuned!

EDIT: great watch Methy, I'm really enjoying watching someone else playing through the Imperium! :)

I know it's not survival horror, it's just the livestream channel I used to play on so I just staid on the same even though it's not related.

I'll probably play the second half live again tonight at around the same time (in around 7 hours as i'm posting this)

User is offline   Merlijn 

@ Methy:I probably can't watch it live this time, but I'll certainly watch it afterwards.

@Micky C: that's ok, I might write a little article about Imperium later. Thanks for submitting the article, so how does it work? Anyone can submit an article and then the mods decide if it's posted?

@Chicken: thanks for your comments! More people missed an ending sequence, and it's a valid point. I suppose I could have done an epilogue in the same style as the prologue, just to give the episode more closure. If we do a revision, this is high on the list.

@Mikko: I have a pretty weak computer, it can't run polymer, but I haven't experienced major FPS drops.. The last level did ask a lot from my computer though. Can't wait to read your review.

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 24 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Before Mikko takes the words out of my mouth, let me say that the music in this mod really shines! It perfectly sets the mood and besides it's great to hear some music specially composed and performed for one mod. I even found myself humming the tunes... so, great work there :) ! Can't comment on the other aspects yet because I've played this only a couple of hours.

User is offline   MetHy 

second half of the playthrough live starting in a couple of mins

you can watch the recorded video afterwards in case you miss it

www.livestream.com/survivalhorror

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Thank you so much guys for bringing this episode to us! Almost exactly how I hoped it would be (currently at level 4). I love exploring big levels (without getting lost too much). Personally I'd appreciate an additional grain of action but since there are people with the opposite opinion I guess it's just right the way it is.

Btw, someone should take care of those unnecessary warning messages caused by dukeplus.def/imperium.def:
Warning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 9000. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "imperium/models/ImpGun/railtailx3.md3"

This post has been edited by LeoD: 24 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I started it Monday and finished it today. Unfortunately I had to play in 8-bit. I can't run polymer and polymost always crashes with Dukeplus because of Intel's faulty drivers. The shotgun and imperium cannon were just black boxes, but I wasn't annoyed by it too much. I have to say that this episode was great. I love the story line the Oostrum bros are always able to throw in their maps. The exploration in the beginning was pretty cool. I also loved the immediate action that took place when I reached the EDF ship. Not to mention the music was awesome! You guys must have a great band. I could also tell where William Gee and Kaiser threw in their additions. Over all, it was definitely a great episode. The only thing I didn't like was the end. No cut scene at the end? The episode has this crazy story about an intergalactic war that's going on in the cosmos, and the episode ends with absolutely no information on what happened after. I found it quite disappointing. Other than that, great episode!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMetHy, on 24 August 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

second half of the playthrough live starting in a couple of mins

you can watch the recorded video afterwards in case you miss it

www.livestream.com/survivalhorror

I didn't get to see it live, but I watched the saved video and it was great! Thank you.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Reviewed! Check http://msdn.duke4.net

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 24 August 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

Reviewed! Check http://msdn.duke4.net

Checked. :)

Thanks for the review, Mikko. I especially loved how you gave every individual level a mini-review. :)
Again, thanks for your comments guys! Glad to see more people enjoying the episode.

@ Gambini: shouldn't you be playing instead of reading? ;)

Congrats on the release! Thanks for all your hard work getting this baby out! Awesome day. ;) :)

I have edited the MODDB page so you can give the mod a score now.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/imperium

This post has been edited by William Gee: 25 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostWilliam Gee, on 25 August 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Congrats on the release! Thanks for all your hard work getting this baby out! Awesome day. ;) :)

I have edited the MODDB page so you can give the mod a score now.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/imperium

Nice, would you mind adding a news article for the release as well? ;) I know I said I would do it but I'm still hoping someone else will.

View PostDeeperThought, on 25 August 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

Nice, would you mind adding a news article for the release as well? ;) I know I said I would do it but I'm still hoping someone else will.

Sure I will do it, at least I can do something to help out in the end. :) ;)

• Honored Donor

I wrote and submitted an article several days ago, but one of the administrators has to put it up.

Great thanks!

• Honored Donor

I wrote a review at moddb: http://www.moddb.com...mperium/reviews

Actually I had to write it twice. After I finished it the first time, I clicked 'save' and it refreshed the page, only to find that the internet wasn't working and my nice long review was lost! Turns out my dad, who absolutely loves to annoy me by doing things like this, switched off the wireless internet Posted Image But the review that's up there is almost as good, I hope people enjoy reading it like I enjoyed typing it (the first time at least, lol.)

Cool, I enjoyed reading that! :)

@ William Gee: nice to see you sir! Micky meant he sent an article to the duke4 homepage though. If you could add a news article to the modDB page, that would be great.

View PostMerlijn, on 26 August 2011 - 07:43 AM, said:

Cool, I enjoyed reading that! :)

@ William Gee: nice to see you sir! Micky meant he sent an article to the duke4 homepage though. If you could add a news article to the modDB page, that would be great.

I just made a news article, have to wait for authorization now.
Also updated the page abit.

Looks good, Will. ;)

In other news, I've put the soundtrack of Imperium on youtube.
click here to get check out the playlist

Just click on 'play all' and it plays like a mini concept-album. :)
I also threw in a few screenshots from the corresponding levels for good measure, but it's mostly uploaded for listening.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMerlijn, on 27 August 2011 - 05:21 AM, said:

Looks good, Will. ;)

In other news, I've put the soundtrack of Imperium on youtube.
click here to get check out the playlist

Just click on 'play all' and it plays like a mini concept-album. :)
I also threw in a few screenshots from the corresponding levels for good measure, but it's mostly uploaded for listening.

Nice! You could espect IMPERIUM remixed album now! lol

User is offline   Gambini 

In Deeperthought´s original post there´s a little mistake:

The Imperium is an 8 level adventure with level design and music by the Oostrum brothers (a.k.a Merlijn and Mrline)

Merlijn and Mrline are the same person, this leaves Maarten completely aside :) I know it is a little mistake but his post was posted in the frontpage and that should be revised.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 27 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Thank you, but I wish someone had noticed earlier. That mistake got copied to the Mod DB page, and I can't edit it because it was copied by WG.

• Honored Donor

It also says "other odds and ends by me". I'm sure people are going to ask "who's 'me'?" I remember writing "code and additional work by DeeperThought" so it appears someone basically ignored what I wrote and copied DT's original post (like I did, but without making changes and adding things.) This makes it kind of embarrassing because it has my name at the bottom of the news article.

View PostGambini, on 27 August 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

In Deeperthought´s original post there´s a little mistake:

Merlijn and Mrline are the same person, this leaves Maarten completely aside :) I know it is a little mistake but his post was posted in the frontpage and that should be revised.

lol I just fixed it on MODDB.

User is offline   Kathy 

How do you map alt fire to mouse2? I couldn't find an alt-fire option in the menu. I suspect I need to alter dp.cfg, but I don't know the alt-fire key name.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHelel, on 30 August 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

How do you map alt fire to mouse2? I couldn't find an alt-fire option in the menu. I suspect I need to alter dp.cfg, but I don't know the alt-fire key name.

The function you want to map to right mouse is called RELOAD ALTFIRE, as you can see in this screenshot. You don't need to manually edit cfgs.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.jpg

User is offline   Kathy 

Well... I'm stuck. Last Chance Part 2, level 6. In the beginning after clearing slimes I don't know where to go next. Tried every door and every room...Attached Image: duke0002.jpg

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options