Duke4.net Forums: Brute Force - an EDuke32 standalone mod - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brute Force - an EDuke32 standalone mod

User is offline   blizzart 

Hi folks,
as the title tells this is the "new" Brute Force TC thread.

For those of you who don´t know, back in 1999 a Brute Force TC demo was released, before this TC got abandoned.

This demo always was one of my favorite mod stuff for Duke3D although this demo only had one (unfinished) map. The best on this TC was the new con code, which added
some interesting stuff to the gameplay: doors that can be opened by shooting, a night vision with zoom and enemies who cant see you as long you are in their back (you can
crouch behind them and then break their neck).

I always wanted this TC to be released but after some years I forgot about it, too. Last week after reading through the missing tcs thread here it came back to my mind and I
imagined what yould all be done with the new abilities of EDuke32? I talked with a friend (herCOOLes) about it and we started brainstorming. I also tried to contact James Tan
(the creator of the original TC demo) and fortunally I got a response to my email (luckily because all I´ve got was his old email address from 1999).

So after brainstorming a little bit we decided to give it a try and start a new version of Brute Force TC. We are not sure in which direction this project will lead us (especially
graphic wise), because we need alot of help with this thing. I contacted James Tan again if he could tell something about the story, Brute Force was all about, but haven´t
received anything. So we started to create a loose story for it. But we want talked about it right now, as long there is a possibility that we receive an answer from James with
information about the original story he had in mind.

We can´t show you anything at the moment, but herCOOLes is rebuilding the original demo map with the current arts (back from 1999) we have. and I´m working on some new
stuff (new maps) and the official website.

As mentioned above we need some help with this project. We would like to welcome:
- Coders (the recent EDuke32 versions seem to have problems with the original game.con) who port the effects of the original demo to EDuke32 and working on new stuff (we
were talking about weapons, enemy AI, NPCs, cutscenes and stuff like hostage rescue and much more...)
- Mappers (we have facility-, research-, military- and outdoor-stuff in mind)
- Texture artists - although we haven´t decided if we are using classic, polymost or polymer
- Modelers if necessary

So feel free to contact us if you want to join us or if you want to help us in any other way.

Thanks for your interest

blizzart

This post has been edited by blizzart: 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What's your time frame for getting this done? A year or so?

I might be able to help map eventually, say in 5-6 months when my end of year exams are over. I find vanilla Duke somewhat difficult to map in due to the limited texture set and because it's hard to do something original and good at the same time considering the hundreds of thousands of user maps that are already out there. I assume you're in no rush, the AMC TC folks certainly aren't :(

But first it'd be nice to know that this TC won't be abandoned, which at this very moment seems likely, until a large enough team is assembled. I recommend working with classic textures, they're much easier to deal with, and can still look good, such as in WGRealms 2, therefore making this TC less likely to be abandoned. It depends on whether you're going to create original textures or take them from other games.

If you're not going to tell us about the story yet, what more can you tell us? We're going to need more information, such as how many tiles of art you have. Basic gameplay differences, themes, atmosphere, or where it's taking place which is important (in the future, earth or other planets as well.) Is it using the demo as a base or is this going to be different? Is herCOOLes (great name btw) adding onto the demo level or remaking it from scratch?

Also, what maps or mods/TCs have you or herCOOLes released in the past? Hopefully this isn't your very first project.

Sorry for all the questions, but there are some valid points in there. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck :(

This post has been edited by Micky C: 18 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

Micky C, on 18 July 2011 - 06:13 AM, said:

What's your time frame for getting this done? A year or so?

I might be able to help map eventually, say in 5-6 months when my end of year exams are over. I find vanilla Duke somewhat difficult to map in due to the limited texture set and because it's hard to do something original and good at the same time considering the hundreds of thousands of user maps that are already out there. I assume you're in no rush, the AMC TC folks certainly aren't :(

But first it'd be nice to know that this TC won't be abandoned, which at this very moment seems likely, until a large enough team is assembled. I recommend working with classic textures, they're much easier to deal with, and can still look good, such as in WGRealms 2, therefore making this TC less likely to be abandoned. It depends on whether you're going to create original textures or take them from other games.

If you're not going to tell us about the story yet, what more can you tell us? We're going to need more information, such as how many tiles of art you have. Basic gameplay differences, themes, atmosphere, or where it's taking place which is important (in the future, earth or other planets as well.) Is it using the demo as a base or is this going to be different? Is herCOOLes (great name btw) adding onto the demo level or remaking it from scratch?

Also, what maps or mods/TCs have you or herCOOLes released in the past? Hopefully this isn't your very first project.

Sorry for all the questions, but there are some valid points in there. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck :(

Sorry, Micky for letting you wait with my answers. First of all tank you for your interest in this project. Unfortunately I just moved to my new home and still wait for my new internet connection. So posting some stuff (screens or even answering to posts) is nearly impossible because I can only go online at work.

To answer your questions:

No, there´s no time limit right now. As mentioned above we are just working out the concept right now. We have a storyline in mind but we are still waiting, if James Tan (the creator of the original BF TC) response to my latest email and tell me something about his storyline behind Brute Force.

Also right now we have just the tileset which came along with the BF demo. With this tileset and the demo map as base herCOOLes is redesigning the demo map (fill in more details and new rooms and some gameplay) and it is going really well. I asked him to post some screenshots of his work, but he also doesn´t have much time due to his job.
As I mentioned above, I started a map (also using the original tileset) which is meant to be the tutorial map in the final mod. But the progress is going very slowly, because I´m working
on the official website right now.
I want to note that the original tiles we are using are only placeholder. For me I would prefer to see this project in a new look, which means Polymer and HiRes textures. On the other hand I want as many people as possible playing this mod.

Which direction BF goes (grapic-wise) depends on what people we can get as texture artists. Because herCOOLes and I are mappers (although neither he nor me ever released anything to the public).

To come back to the storyline. That´s something what we were thinking of:

You are member of an anti-terror squad and your mission is to rescue some hostages, which are under the control of some terrorist in a research station in alaska. In this research station strange anomalies which are in context with the heavy climatic changes are being studied. The scientist there invented a portal which can be used to travel through time and space. The military is interested in this portal technology, too. Both the terrorists and the military think that they can use this portal technology as a weapon...

Through this portals aliens come to earth to earth and a struggle for survive begins..

The game takes place in 2028 and starts in the snowy lands of Alaska (remember the name of the original TC: Brute Force: Alaskian Dawn) and is going all around the world. The main theme will be industrial-, military-, research based. Mixed together with outdoor parts. One map should take place on a oil platform. Finally you are taken to an alien spaceship and their home planet.

The gameplay should start with a stealth mission (hostage rescue) and going over to a struggle for survive with horror shooter elements compared to FEAR.

I hope this could answer a few of your questions.

Screenshots and othe details will follow as soon as possible (hopefully I get my new internet connention next week). If you have interest in working for this project you are very welcomed, although you can start working on it in 5-6 months.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I like the idea of reviving it, it's one of the mods (the demo) that inspired me to start my own modifications back in the day. For whatever reason I don't have much to write right now, I'll try to write something more constructive later on.

But hostages? Alaska and counter-terrorism ring nuclear missiles and world domination plans to me.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 21 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

No offense, but I wouldn't even see the point of finishing this project if you make it hi-res. You might as well just start your own project.

To all the people downvoting this post: You misinterpret the reasoning of my post. To make it a hi-res project would mean you use none of the resources of the original mod. And in that case since there isn't really a story, and you'd have to update the programming anyway, you'd pretty much just be doing your own thing but using James Tan's mod name. Why not just start your own mod? You would already be deviating from James Tan's original vision so much. Don't misinterpret my dislike of the HRP as a dislike for hi-res projects either, they can be done really well but take a ton of work. I was actually looking forward that Everything Dies project or whatever it was that got canned, that dude knew what he was doing.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 21 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Captain Awesome, on 21 July 2011 - 12:37 PM, said:

No offense, but I wouldn't even see the point of finishing this project if you make it hi-res. You might as well just start your own project.

To all the people downvoting this post: You misinterpret the reasoning of my post. To make it a hi-res project would mean you use none of the resources of the original mod. And in that case since there isn't really a story, and you'd have to update the programming anyway, you'd pretty much just be doing your own thing but using James Tan's mod name. Why not just start your own mod? You would already be deviating from James Tan's original vision so much. Don't misinterpret my dislike of the HRP as a dislike for hi-res projects either, they can be done really well but take a ton of work. I was actually looking forward that Everything Dies project or whatever it was that got canned, that dude knew what he was doing.

Yeah you´re right, Cpt. Awesome. That´s the reason why I´m so unsure to make it a hires TC instead of using the original content. Of course I want to keep this con stuff like breaking necks of enemies and the zoom function of the nightvision in this mod. We wanted to bring new weapons in this mod but there we want to be as close to the original as possible.

Maybe it is a better way to call this a sequel with an adaption to the original demo, who knows?

• Honored Donor

I'm intrigued. I would like to offer my skills as a mapper for this mod, but as my first post indicated, I will only be able to begin work in about 5-6 months time. I hope this isn't a problem, and I don't think it will be since it might take that long for a direction to be decided and art assets gathered.

My portfolio: By the time I can contribute, I would have released 3 maps publicly; 1 for dukeplus, 1 for vanilla duke, and one for WGRealms 2. I have also done lots of messing around in mapster in addition to my released work, which would total up to an additional 3 maps (I discontinued work on them because I was unhappy with the quality, I believe this is a good sign.)

The next problem you'll face is getting a coder, as they can begin work before the art direction has been finalized.

User is offline   JamesTan 

Whoops, looks like I forgot to reply to the email.

As for the story, there really wasn't one. I was just making it up as I went a long, but it was very similar to Metal Gear's. Big machine to destroy and you had to stealth your way in and infiltrate the base. Not much in terms of real characters etc though. The main thing at the time was getting the interactions down, which was the sneaking and being able to kill enemies in a stealthy manner.

So pretty much any story you would do would be fine :(

Good luck with the project!

This post has been edited by JamesTan: 31 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

A lot of time has past (I had/have some personal issues the last few months), but here are some screenshots of some level concepts. Soem of them are old and abandoned maps by me and all of them need to be retextured (the problems with the textures are still remaining - we have them but they won´t work as mentioned in another thread).

I will post the storyline tomorrow, cause it´s 2 am here in Germany and I´m too tired to post it. I´m also working on the official website.

A modeler has also joined. I hope we can show something soon.

A bid thanks to MickyC for his interest in this project (as I pm`d you, I would be glad to call you in the team) and keeping me motivated.

So, here are the screenshots for your pleasure:

Attached Image: bf001.jpgAttached Image: bf002.jpgAttached Image: bf003.jpgAttached Image: bf004.jpg
Attached Image: bf005.jpgAttached Image: bf006.jpgAttached Image: bf007.jpgAttached Image: bf008.jpg
Attached Image: bf009.jpgAttached Image: bf010.jpgAttached Image: bf011.jpgAttached Image: bf012.jpg
Attached Image: bf013.jpgAttached Image: bf014.jpgAttached Image: bf015.jpgAttached Image: bf016.jpg
Attached Image: bf017.jpg

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I wonder how some of those shots looks without HRP. Nice work

Norvak, on 12 November 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

I wonder how some of those shots looks without HRP. Nice work

Actually some of the maps (or at least part of them) are about 4-5 years old and weren´t made for the HRP (that´s why the pal on some textures look out of place now) and as mentioned above all of these maps will be retextured when we can work with our texture sets.

User is offline   Mark 

Great looking shots.

So here we go again! Brute Force TC is not dead!

But first of all we want to explain what happened to this project after we announced it a year ago.
Well not much. It never left a brainstorming stage in 2011. I started some conceptual maps and we (the team of two members - hercooles and me) waited for the textures another guy wanted to create/rip for us. But we never saw any of them and the guy disappeared. In the meantime real life issues became serious for hercooles and me. So we decided to set this project on hold.

At this point we only had the above mentioned maps and some loosely background story ideas, so you can say the project never got off the ground and was more abandoned than anything else.
The next problem was that we never got someone for the coding part of the project. So first we thought of releasing this TC as a DukePlus mod to take advantages of Trooper Dan's awesome work. After the release of the AMC TC we discussed to release it as an add-on to it because many of the needed con code for our project comes already with it.
To make a long story short, in the end we decided that we make the code on our own (or better said with the help of some coders here, willing to help).

In February of this year Sedion contacted us and joined the team. He brought us the long awaited textures for our project, so we could start from new in April. The background story of Brute Force TC is also complete and mapping is in progress. We also have someone who wants to write the con code, but as an complete noob he has to learn that stuff from ground off.

But what is Brute Force TC all about and what will it (hopefully) feature?
Well Brute Force TC will be a story driven standalone TC taking advantages of EDuke32. It will use Hires-textures, polymer and the TROR effect to give you best graphical experience possible.
We are planning to bring you new weapons, enemies, gameplay and NPCs.

We can't tell you if this project will be released in 2013 or 2014 nor if it will ever see the light of day, but we are working hard on it in every free time we have beside our jobs, families and other real life issues.

You want to join our team and help out with major or minor stuff? We are always searching for mappers, modelers and especially coders. Mappers can use our texture pack of over 3000 textures (normal and specular maps are WIP at the moment).
Especially coders are welcome, because some gameplay changes are very complex in our opinion.

Feel free to contact us if you want to help and for further information of what is needed. We will send you a todo-list or storyboard of the levels if you interested to join the team.

To show you that there is progress on this TC making it worth working on it, here are some screenshots:

Attached Image: bf01.jpg Attached Image: bf02.jpg Attached Image: bf03.jpg Attached Image: bf04.jpg

Attached Image: bf05.jpg Attached Image: bf08.jpg Attached Image: bf07.jpg Attached Image: bf09.jpg

Attached Image: bf10.jpg Attached Image: bf11.jpg Attached Image: bf12.jpg Attached Image: capt0010_2.jpg

As a last point we want to apologize to all of you guys waiting for some proof of progress over the last year.

Especially I want to apologize to MickyC, who showed much interest on helping out with mapping last year and who never received an answer to his pm by me. Sorry guy, it was a wild and exciting time in my real life and I never had time to send you an answer. If you are still interested in working with us lazy bastards, you're always welcomed.

That's all for now. Due to some personnel and job related stuff the progress will calm down the next few weeks, but be sure that this time we are taking this project serious and will come back with new content for your pleasure.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Good luck with this, guys. (I'd have preferred the DukePlus way, though.)

• Honored Donor

I admit it would be nice to work on a project with hi-res textures and polymer lights again, but unfortunately I hardly have enough time for even the projects I'm currently involved in. Some of the screens look cool though (except for those black lamps emitting red lights, they need a red glowmap or something).

Why not take a look at the unfinished City Crackdown Fragments maps by Mike VonSkellington? Their architecture is extremely good, and the themes are similar. I once tried to finish them myself by adding gameplay, but due to half a dozen different reasons I only ever released the first map (ware01). I added lights to some of the other unfinished maps and they look delicious with them. All the maps I touched are in the main folder, the originals are still in their folders. They use some custom textures as well but I'm sure you'll have counterparts to replace them with. The author has also given permission for them to be used by others (but perhaps drop him an email letting him know you're working on it anyway). Here you go: http://www.mediafire...ujnbdxrv8bfr1e4

Micky C, on 11 September 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

I admit it would be nice to work on a project with hi-res textures and polymer lights again, but unfortunately I hardly have enough time for even the projects I'm currently involved in. Some of the screens look cool though (except for those black lamps emitting red lights, they need a red glowmap or something).

Why not take a look at the unfinished City Crackdown Fragments maps by Mike VonSkellington? Their architecture is extremely good, and the themes are similar. I once tried to finish them myself by adding gameplay, but due to half a dozen different reasons I only ever released the first map (ware01). I added lights to some of the other unfinished maps and they look delicious with them. All the maps I touched are in the main folder, the originals are still in their folders. They use some custom textures as well but I'm sure you'll have counterparts to replace them with. The author has also given permission for them to be used by others (but perhaps drop him an email letting him know you're working on it anyway). Here you go: http://www.mediafire...ujnbdxrv8bfr1e4

Yeah, we need to change that lamps. Sedition hasn´t touched the models for some time, but it will definitely be changed.
hank you for the download, I will have a look at that stuff later. I read about this here, but totally forgot about it.

User is offline   sedition 

blizzart, on 11 September 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Yeah, we need to change that lamps. Sedition hasn´t touched the models for some time, but it will definitely be changed.
hank you for the download, I will have a look at that stuff later. I read about this here, but totally forgot about it.

Indeed I haven't touched the model's skins the last time. Real life has become busy for me over the last weeks, so I hope I can change the models within the next weeks, when everything has calmed down.

Right now I'm changing the textures.def after I've converted all textures from PNG to JPEG, which decreased the textures size from 1.5 gb to 950mb. I'm also working on the normal and specular maps atm.

I changed the thread´d title.

So, this TC is very story-driven and we don´t want to spoil anything, here is what we can tell about the background story:

The contact to a secret research facility in Alaska broke up. An act of terrorism is assumed. So Derek Frost and his counter-terrorism squad is on it's way to look what's going on with the order to kill all terrorist and to rescue Dr. Samantha von Kruger.
While looking for Dr. Samantha von Kruger, Derek gets separated from his team. Investigating the secret facility with its labs he finds evidences of a secret brotherhood, called the Pointing Finger, which is heavily involved to the research of a comet. This comet crashed deep into the ground of Alaska thousands of years ago. Following the notes and messages, Samantha von Kruger left in the facility, Derek learns how the research facility was build around this comet and that some strange anomalies appeared two weeks ago. One of the last messages Dr. von Kruger left telling that "Their time has come".

The whole future of mankind is in danger and so is Derek's life.
After all members of Derek's squad is killed, it's up to him to bring the mosaic together and safe mankind.
Alone and hunted by the government and terrorists he makes his way to find the answer.

Forgive, but my English isn´t the best.

I´ve also looked at the stuff by Mike vonSkellington, MickyC mentioned earlier and I´m very impressed. I have seen screenshots of these levels, but never looked at them in Mapster/EDuke32. IMO some of the best architectures I´ve ever seen mde with Mapster32.
I wrote an email to him, if we are allowed to use parts of his work. I don´t want to use the whole maps, but some parts of them look so great, that I think of place them and retexture them in our mod.

Just a quick question:
Is the Nuclear sign in the main a model or are these animated sprites. I want to change it but don´t know what it exactly is.

Here is a screenie, if it isn´t clear waht I actually mean:
Attached Image: duke0000.jpg

sedition, on 15 September 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Just a quick question:
Is the Nuclear sign in the main a model or are these animated sprites. I want to change it but don´t know what it exactly is.

Here is a screenie, if it isn´t clear waht I actually mean:
duke0000.jpg

It´s really unclear, what is used in EDuke32, the menu.def tells you this:

// Spinning Nuke Icon - model (3190)
model "highres/screen/menu/3190_spinnuke.md3" {
   scale 0.3 shade 0
   skin { pal 0 file "highres/screen/menu/3190_spinnuke.png" }
   anim { frame0 "spin00" frame1 "spin19" fps 17 flags 0 }
   frame { frame "spin00" tile0 2813 tile1 2819 }
   frame { frame "spin00" tile0 3190 tile1 3196 }
   skin { pal 0 file "highres/screen/menu/3190_spinnuke_yellow.png" }
   frame { frame "spin00" tile0 3200 tile1 3206 }
   skin { pal 0 file "highres/screen/menu/3190_spinnuke_green.png" }
   frame { frame "spin00" tile0 3210 tile1 3216 }
}

// Spinning Nuke Icon - Texture (3190)
texture 3190 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/menu/2813.png" } }
texture 3191 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/menu/2814.png" } }
texture 3192 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/menu/2815.png" } }
texture 3193 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/menu/2816.png" } }
texture 3194 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/menu/2817.png" } }
texture 3195 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/menu/2818.png" } }
texture 3196 { pal 0 { file "highres/screen/menu/2819.png" } }

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

That's in the vanilla game too, it has nothing to do with HRP.

EDIT: Oh I thought you meant them not being in the same angle.

This post has been edited by Daedolon: 15 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

It´s sprite-based. That saves me alot of time changing it. Thanks.

Two early WIP screenshots of a space map:

Attached Image: capt0010_1.jpg

Attached Image: capt0020_1.jpg

User is offline   Mark 

Nice architecture. No "4 square walls" there.

I got a little bit bored of the texture stuff lately, so I decided to create a DVD-cover with Photoshop.
Just for fun, if people, that downloaded the game want to put the game on DVD.

It´s a PDF, because JPG would mess up the CMYK colours.

Attached File  layout2.pdf (4.01MB)
Number of downloads: 433

Here´s the JPG (just found out how to convert it easily in PS):
Attached Image: layout1.jpg

This post has been edited by sedition: 07 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

That's cool! Nicely done ;)

Here are some updates on this project's progress:
1. We started a new map. It takes place in an evacuated city, were a strange accident in a laboratory happened years ago. Derek, the protagonist, has to fight his way to this laboratory to find a hint of what's going on. I will post screenshots later, right now there are just untextured sectors.
2. Sedition is getting more and more new textures and sprites into the game. I don't know where this will end. I believe the work on getting the filesize of the mod decreased will be a pain in the ass. He will have to check out, if decreasing the quality of the JPGs will be noticeable in-game.
3. We are also getting more and more models into the game. Basically the stuff from Blackrayne Studios right now. But it is really time consuming to get them to work. I think it will take some time to get all models we want to use into the game. But still we need one or more modelers for the new weapons, enemies and alot of other things.
4. After understanding how .IVF files can be used to replace the original ANMs, I'm working on a script for the logo.ivf at the game's start.
5. Still the biggest problem in our team is the lack of coders. Changing the user.con and the defs.con isn't a problem. But writing new code for effects, weapons, enemies and so on is nearly impossible for me. I just can't get into it and I don't have any time for it, either. All the free time I have beside my job and my family goes into mapping for this project. And even for this I don't have enough time.
I have so many cool things in mind, but not knowing how to realise it is really annoying. Maybe some ambitious or veteran coder wants to help us. Some of the stuff we want to use is already been used in other mods, like DukePlus or AMC TC. So maybe someone can help us to get some of these effects working our mod. Of course if we can get the permission of the original authors.

That's all for now. You see progress hasn't stop, but due to our jobs, families, building up our website and other RL-stuff, progress has slowed down a bit.

As mentioned above we are searching for any help with the EDuke con code. It would be great, if one or more coders could join our team.
Same goes for modelers. We have a list of weapons and enemies, but don't know to create them or don't have anybody who could do this. So any help on this is appreciated.
Mappers are welcomed in our team as well.

Feel free to contact me here or by email under bruteforce-tc@gmx.de

Thank you all for reading this.

blizzart

But what is Brute Force TC all about and what will it (hopefully) feature?
Well Brute Force TC will be a story driven standalone TC taking advantages of EDuke32. It will use Hires-textures, polymer and the TROR effect to give you best graphical experience possible.
We are planning to bring you new weapons, enemies, gameplay and NPCs.

That doesn't tell me what Brute Force is, just what tech it's using. Do you have a GDD(Game Design Doc)? Put theme aside for a moment, what new game mechanics do you plan on adding that make your game unique and make me want to spend time downloading it? The levels do look alright, but I can't tell what the theme is. I'm not trying to be a dick, your just not posting what your game is about :D.

Thank you for your critical post, icecoldduke.

I have to agree with your opinion about what Brute Force actually is. Here's what I've posted before about the storyline of the game:

blizzart, on 12 September 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I changed the thread´d title.

So, this TC is very story-driven and we don´t want to spoil anything, here is what we can tell about the background story:

The contact to a secret research facility in Alaska broke up. An act of terrorism is assumed. So Derek Frost and his counter-terrorism squad is on it's way to look what's going on with the order to kill all terrorist and to rescue Dr. Samantha von Kruger.
While looking for Dr. Samantha von Kruger, Derek gets separated from his team. Investigating the secret facility with its labs he finds evidences of a secret brotherhood, called the Pointing Finger, which is heavily involved to the research of a comet. This comet crashed deep into the ground of Alaska thousands of years ago. Following the notes and messages, Samantha von Kruger left in the facility, Derek learns how the research facility was build around this comet and that some strange anomalies appeared two weeks ago. One of the last messages Dr. von Kruger left telling that "Their time has come".

The whole future of mankind is in danger and so is Derek's life.
After all members of Derek's squad is killed, it's up to him to bring the mosaic together and safe mankind.
Alone and hunted by the government and terrorists he makes his way to find the answer.

Forgive, but my English isn´t the best.

That's all we want to tell, because this is everything the player should know, when the game begins. What actually is going on shall get more and more clear the more the game processes.

You will start the game with the information that you have to come to the headquarter of your squad in order to receive more information where to go and what to do.
On this mission you learn that there is more than you expected. There aren't any terrorists to fight against on this mission and you will find notes about a secret brotherhood, which is involved in a conspiracy around a secret alien technology. Back from this mission, where all you squad's members died or disappeared, you will get some information about this brotherhood and what they are want to do. From that point you are hunted by the government, because you are charged for the murder of your team members. Also the secret brotherhood is trying to kill you. The only help you get is the secret informant, who only gets in contact with you by email or you cell phone. He sends you to different places like abandoned warehouses, research labs, bars, an evacuated city and a space station and many more in order to find more information about the ongoing conspiracy.

That is what we can tell you without spoiling to much about the twists and turns in the background story.

Yes we have some sort of documenation where everything is explained in detail. For example here's a list of gameplay/con coding needs to be done:
- NPCs (pedestrians, friendly soldiers,
- weapons code (look at weapons list)
- enemies code
- slow motion
- transition effect
- cutscenes
- quoter effect
- effects like access interfaces
- hostage code
- waypoint code for npcs and enemies
- blinking polymer lights
- allied soldiers
- map hubs
- New cheat codes
- translucent water
- footstep sounds
- flashlight
- multiple choice dialogues
- binoculars (zoom effect)
- possibility to get behind enemies and break their necks

For more information we will send our detailed doc to everyone who wants to help.

Once again, thank you for your post. We don't take this as an offense, more as a constructive critic, which brings us and you further with this project.

• Honored Donor

The vast majority of those features have already been implemented in other mods/TCs, and in fact the translucent water is even possible in vanilla Duke now thanks to TROR.

It'd be a shame for someone to have to recode all those features from scratch.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options