Duke4.net Forums: mssing tcs? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mssing tcs?  "could anyone help?"

User is offline   darkcaleb 

I have already askek this in the Hosting for Duke sites (especially mods and TCs) topic,
does anyone know where i could find collision course tc or evil people? Anyone?

Don't know about Collision Course TC, but I think Evil People TC is gone forever =/

Old Dukeworld website:
http://web.archive.o...ollisioncourse/

This post has been edited by insane_metalhead: 08 July 2011 - 04:05 AM

Was there ever a Robocop TC for Duke3D? I saw art for the main menu of a Robocop TC in the art files of another TC, but that's about it.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I don't recall a RoboCop TC but there were plenty of cool sounding mods from the 'early' years that never got off the ground. After DukeWorld went down a LOT of mods just stopped production. I don't remember Collision Course. Evil People was never finished as far as I remember. If you can't find it, it was likely never released or not very good at all.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 08 July 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

After DukeWorld went down a LOT of mods just stopped production.

Fuck that pissed me off. This community has my personal promise that it will never disappear, be abandoned or otherwise sold off for profit.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 08 July 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

I don't recall a RoboCop TC but there were plenty of cool sounding mods from the 'early' years that never got off the ground. After DukeWorld went down a LOT of mods just stopped production. I don't remember Collision Course. Evil People was never finished as far as I remember. If you can't find it, it was likely never released or not very good at all.

They did release a demo for Evil People TC. I once found a link to a zip file. But that was on their official page, but that page was dead.

I do have evil people somewhere on cd but i can't get it off because the cd is somehow damaged. :)

View Postinsane_metalhead, on 09 July 2011 - 12:55 AM, said:

They did release a demo for Evil People TC. I once found a link to a zip file. But that was on their official page, but that page was dead.

If you can remember the link to the official page, use www.archive.org; they OCCASIONALLY archive ZIP files.

Yes, I use Archive.org a lot for such things. The problem is that I can't remember the Evil People TC page. RTCM had a page full of TC links to their official pages but I can't find it back there.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Missing TCs? Interesting thread. I would like to take a look at some forgotten mods.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

But they're missing, that's the problem :)

User is offline   zykov eddy 

An interesting thread about missing TCs on 3D reams forums:
http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=28943

User is offline   Hank 

When Dukeworld closed, all files where shipped to PlanetDuke. Does anyone know what happened to the orphaned files? Files that no one claimed, or monitored? 'Lucky' started to sort them with 'Abe'. Yet, there was a massive amount of files that needed to be opened and matched with a given project, to be integrated with the fileplanet system.

@ TX, yes, it was about money. I offered to be a mirror, for some strange reason, they (GameSpy) sort of said no, even so the file planet advertised mirrors, and told me it's not a good idea because it's about 2gb of data. Posted Image

@ everyone else, there was another Uni, sunset.se or something that had a lot of files, do those get tracked with the time machine? If someone knows the rest of the address, we might be able to dig there ... Posted Image

added
here is the link from 2001
http://ftp.sunset.se...arshiptroopers/

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 July 2011 - 08:32 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You probably mean ftp.sunet.se.

I heard some guy got a full backup of old fileplanet files before they were deleted but who knows what happened to him.

User is offline   Player Lin 

http://web.archive.o...drealms/duke3d/

Too bad the wayback machine didn't stored anything in that sub directory at all. All sub directories in that link were not archived, so this is "dead-end" I guess... :\

Also, /3drealms/3drealms and /3drealms/sw directories too, all sub directories were not archived too.

I remember I was downloaded a lot of Duke3D/SW single player maps/TCs on that site, it's too bad when sunet.se decided to removed anything about 3drealms and idgames and other game-related directories for some weird and stupid reasons... :)
(At least, they saved some old sharewares in there, but I don't care them......)

Maybe someone has backup of those files...maybe...

EDIT : That's funny the idgames and idgames2 diectories has some filelists archived, but again, actual files not...too bad.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 10 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPlayer Lin, on 10 July 2011 - 07:29 AM, said:

http://web.archive.o...drealms/duke3d/

Too bad the wayback machine didn't stored anything in that sub directory at all. All sub directories in that link were not archived, so this is "dead-end" I guess... :\

Maybe someone has backup of those files...maybe...

http://dukeworld.duke4.net/classic dukeworld/

User is offline   Hank 

^ This seems incomplete. I know Suburbs was a TC in the demo stage, and I found it here .

Not sure if Evil People was Resident Evil and got renamed, but the demo is also on that website. Either way, man, this was like a long time ago. Posted Image

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The Suburbs demo was never on Dukeworld, apparently. The stuff in that "classic dukeworld" dir is a direct copy of the original Dukeworld ftp backup CDs made when GameSpy bought 3D Portal. They were given to me a while back.

User is offline   Jblade 

God damn I loved Collision Course's demo. I'm pretty sure if I played it now I'd be let down so even though I'm sad it's gone I'm kinda happy because those memories won't be ruined.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

I don't remember Evil People, but I remember Evil Dead.

Evil Dead

User is offline   Hank 

View PostForge, on 10 July 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

Evil Dead

Is there a remote possibility you can make a list of all the stuff, you know of, that's out there wandering alone?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHank, on 10 July 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

Is there a remote possibility you can make a list of all the stuff, you know of, that's out there wandering alone?

It'll be the same list from the 3drealms forum posted by eddym4814

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostHendricks266, on 10 July 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

Oops, I forgot that new "classic Dukeworld" one... /facepalm
Anyway, thanks point it and remind me about that... :)

User is offline   Forge 

FilePlanet

Gamers http

GAmers ftp

ntua

GAmeFront

eddym4814

This post has been edited by Forge: 11 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostForge, on 11 July 2011 - 03:22 AM, said:

It'll be the same list from the 3drealms forum posted by eddym4814

Ah! Many thanks, I'll take it from there. Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Evil Dead

lol, I can't even get to my old C&C TC using that web archive for Total Conversions.

http://cnctc.totalconversions.com/

EDIT: I think this worked, but a lot of shit is missing.
http://web.archive.o...onversions.com/

This post has been edited by The Commander: 11 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostTX, on 08 July 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Fuck that pissed me off. This community has my personal promise that it will never disappear, be abandoned or otherwise sold off for profit.

I knew people that were using Dukeworld as their primary host for development and were pretty much fucked when it went down. A lot of good people with a lot of good ideas and experience dropped out of modding altogether in frustration.

View PostTX, on 10 July 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

The Suburbs demo was never on Dukeworld, apparently. The stuff in that "classic dukeworld" dir is a direct copy of the original Dukeworld ftp backup CDs made when GameSpy bought 3D Portal. They were given to me a while back.

I have a copy laying around somewhere. I was helping Diaz try and clean it up and finish it but he ended up saying fuck it and moved to HL modding instead (partially because another mod ended up using his demo as the base for itself, I can't recall what it was though).

That guy taught me a few interesting tricks, namely that one sided actors with lots of animation could be just as good as multi-sided objects and also opened up some neat tricks, and also to use lots of sprites to create light and shadow rather than relying on solely on sector lighting.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostTX, on 08 July 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

I think it pissed everyone off. I would say that DukeWorld was perhaps a bigger letdown than the entire DNF saga.

View PostDaedolon, on 09 July 2011 - 09:12 AM, said:

I heard some guy got a full backup of old fileplanet files before they were deleted but who knows what happened to him.

quakis archive a lot of Duke3D, Redneck Rampage, Blood, and Shadow Warrior stuff. I'll try and get him to post over here perhaps.

Evil Dead

Oh man. Thank you. This brings back a lot of memories. I wanted to see this TC more than anything in my life.

Crawling the old TotalConversions website reveals that there WAS a RoboCop TC in production afterall. However, I cannot actually find an archive of it's site. It's name was RoboCop: Battle Zone. Unfortunately TCs.com didn't archive well. I was a complete fucking bother over at that website.

Again i tryed to extract evil people tc from the cd but i'm getting error something it's damaged somehow. Does anyone have any idea maybe how i can get this of the cd maybe?

User is offline   blizzart 

I remember there was a TC on Dukeworld back in the days called "The War is the Life" or something like that. Was there some stuff released?

There were also some TCs on moddb.com which seem to be deleted. Something with Terror in Woodsville or something like that and one which really looked promising, but I forgot the name right now.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options