User is offline   Besli 

Can you also take a look at #4456
(I attached the actual HRP sprite.)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 4456.png

This post has been edited by Besli: 10 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 08 July 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Love the concept, but in so far it's very poorly executed. MrN doesn't appear to be a very good artists (no offense, just facts) and while Sebab is talented his art style tends to be a bit too anime for Duke and also is rather unique. Anybody else's art would clash with his style since they're likely to be very different.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they aren't good artists, I think the stuff they're drawing isn't bad... I think that prostitute actually looks pretty good. But I agree with the style being way off.

Here's a WIP of the pod babe.

Attached Image: Art1294 copy.jpg

Still got a lot of little details to do like making the slime look nastier and getting the girl's color tone right. I was also thinking about sprinkling a little bit of slime over her body.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 10 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostTea Monster, on 09 July 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

This is the game model of the overlord, I didn't do anything to it, I just posed and lit it. It is EXACTLY THE SAME MODEL that is in the HRP. It took me 15 minutes all told, with posing, lighting and fidling around with render settings. Its raytraced with Blender's internal renderer, if you used something like Yafaray or VRay you'd get even better results. It would look even better if you had the high-poly model. This is why we are saying that models are the best way to go, even if you are doing sprites based off of them.
Posted Image

I do like this idea and agree, but the whole reason I wanted to make this mod was for it to be an alternative to the HRP and not have anything to do with the HRP. Don't get me wrong, though. I think it's a good idea and looks cool! As long as MrN wants to continue drawing the enemies, then I'm going that route. I know it's going to be cartoonish, but it looks cool IMO. It's looking like a Borderlands-ish version of Duke3D. The only thing that won't look as cartoonish is probably Sebab's babes, but I think they'll still go along well with the more cartoonish stuff.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 10 July 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

Here's a WIP of the pod babe.

Attachment Art1294 copy.jpg

Still got a lot of little details to do like making the slime look nastier and getting the girl's color tone right. I was also thinking about sprinkling a little bit of slime over her body.

Looking good! :)

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

You need to learn how to draw faces properly and stop relying on anime.

An update on the prostitute:

Attached Image: Art1321 copy.jpg

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMad Max RW, on 10 July 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

You need to learn how to draw faces properly and stop relying on anime.

Agreed 100%.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is an example of a high-res model by a guy called 'DaJuice' that was used to make some Doom sprite replacements. The model is about 40-100K pollys, so you could never use it in game, but it is used solely to pose to render out sprite replacements. It would take a while to make the model, but then you can render your sprites out at whatever resolution you like.

Posted Image

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Tea Monster, that's interesting..... I tried looking up to see if there's more like that but so far only got an archived thread at newdoom with a bunch of broken pics. Ever since I loaded up the high res sprites for marathon 2 durandal doom hasn't been looking quite as good any more.... smart texture filtering doesn't really help and I don't like the old HRP models for Doom. :(

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostSangman, on 10 July 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say they aren't good artists, I think the stuff they're drawing isn't bad... I think that prostitute actually looks pretty good. But I agree with the style being way off.

Actually, I was only saying MrN was a bad artist. Sebab is loads better, and regardless of my opinion on his art style, it still doesn't quite fit with Duke 3D's intended realistic art style.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

doublepost

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 12 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

First pass on hanging babe.

Attached Image: hanging copy.jpg

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 13 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

got to be honest, i'd much rather have these sprites as the babes than the models, all the atmosphere is here on these, where-as the babe models look a little 'off' to me but thats just imo.

I'd like to see the gibs done as sprites too, some of the models are just plain odd...

User is offline   Spiker 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 13 July 2011 - 06:39 PM, said:

First pass on hanging babe.

Attachment hanging copy.jpg

Looks great. But it seems that you couldn't resist to transform these 2 slime tentacles into extremly long cocks, oh boy!

yeah, but why not... :(

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Heh, if you guys seen the stuff he made before :(

View PostSpiker, on 14 July 2011 - 02:03 AM, said:

Looks great. But it seems that you couldn't resist to transform these 2 slime tentacles into extremly long cocks, oh boy!

Yes, I couldn't resist. After all, I need to add back in lost detail rather than making it look plain. :(

Also in the future, I'll have nudie versions (kinda obvious coming from me) available.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 14 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Sebab, are you happy now that in DNF the babes are trapped on a pillar that has the shape of a cock?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I was looking over some of Sebab's old sprites he had made for Duke, and oddly some of his babes in bondage reflected many from DNF.

[moved]

This post has been edited by ForeverDuke: 16 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

That's awesome, but there's not going to be any models in this mod. If you can recreate the original 2D sprite, then I'd probably use it.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostForeverDuke, on 16 July 2011 - 10:17 PM, said:

0916_fireext.png needed some updating. doubled the size to 512x512, new gauge, new labels, new hose, reworked the top of the bottle and clean up the overall image.

You need to post that here: http://forums.duke4....-assets-thread/

User is offline   Besli 

Hey sebab,
I think the liquid in the red circle should move to the position in the yellow circle,
so it would look like it dropped out of the babes mouth.

Posted Image

View PostForeverDuke, on 16 July 2011 - 10:17 PM, said:

0916_fireext.png needed some updating. doubled the size to 512x512, new gauge, new labels, new hose, reworked the top of the bottle and clean up the overall image.

Attachment 0916_fireext.png

Nice. But that should have been posted in the Duke3D HRP: new/updated art assets thread.

This post has been edited by Besli: 16 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Hey, is anyone going to remake the HUD weapons in HD?

Also, I want to clarify what the goal of the project is: Is it to play the game with the HRP textures and these HD sprites, or is the plan to have it completely separate from the HRP?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 17 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

View PostMicky C, on 17 July 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

Hey, is anyone going to remake the HUD weapons in HD?

Also, I want to clarify what the goal of the project is: Is it to play the game with the HRP textures and these HD sprites, or is the plan to have it completely separate from the HRP?

Yes, the hud weapons are going to be remade. If there's anyone here who thinks they could attempt it, go for it. Otherwise, I might know someone who can. If anyone does try it, let me be clear on how the remade sprite should be sized. Since the first sprite of the original hud pistol is 72 X 80, the remade one should be 720 X 800. Just add a 0 to the end of the width and height. We're sizing all the remade sprites that way.

I made up my mind and the only thing I'll probably use from the HRP are the textures.

View PostBesli, on 16 July 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Hey sebab,
I think the liquid in the red circle should move to the position in the yellow circle,
so it would look like it dropped out of the babes mouth.

Posted Image

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

While I'm at it, a first pass at the lovely sitting babe. I had a lot of trouble doing her considering I'm so used to drawing her, I wanted to keep her close to the original. I took some liberties with her face considering if I followed pixel for pixel, she would look very strange. I was also trying to maintain her expression of pain and suffering.

Attached Image: 1334 copy.jpg

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 17 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Any luck with my requested babe?:(

View PostSpiker, on 17 July 2011 - 11:52 AM, said:

Any luck with my requested babe?:(

MrN told me he was working on it. Haven't heard from him yet.

User is offline   Besli 

HD Duke Nuke 3D logo.

Okay here is very good quality Duke Nukem 3D logo:
http://elblogdemanu....0Nukem%203D.png

And here is a very good example how it should be cutout:
http://www.retrogami...em-3D-SS-UK.jpg

http://www.retrogami...-the-day/page/5

This post has been edited by Besli: 17 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options