Duke4.net Forums: (OUTDATED) Mr.Deviance Strikes Again... I've found a very easy and native way to enable a simplified console in the full game :D - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(OUTDATED) Mr.Deviance Strikes Again... I've found a very easy and native way to enable a simplified console in the full game :D

After Gearbox's patch, this method has been rendered useless.
See this new topic for a new way to enable the sos console

http://forums.duke4....emove-it-again/

So without further adieu I bring you The Super High Clearance SOS Console :D
It's not THE Console that you all know and love from the Demo but it's something else that supports absolutely every command from the Demo Console.
You can type any console commands and even the the demo cheats in it and it will work without a problem.
To get it working you need to type this in the DevLog

set input Tilde ShowControls | Type

To bring it up you can press the ~ button like before.
If for some reason it doesn't remain binded to that button after you quit the game and enter it again or you don't have a keyboard with the ~ button then just just replace the "Tilde" command with what ever button you want.
What are the benefits?
Well...
1. You don't need to use devlog ever again after this
2. You can do everything you could with the disabled console MINUS the listing of commands sadly but you can always look at a list of all unreal engine commands or at the list of the Demo console commands if you don't know any commands.

No need to thank me. :D

Now I am curious to see how these mother fuckers are going to disable the super high clearance Sos console without totally destroying this God Forsaken game.
This console it's not MEANT to be disabled EVER.
This is the console that they use when they have the main console disabled.

Post update:
Seeing how many people don't know what the devlog is, here's how to enable the devlog.

Click the spoiler button to see how to enable the devlog.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 07 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   coheed82 

mr.deviance good sir, just wondering with the set input Tilde ShowControls( | ) Type whats the keyboard button for whats in the brackets i added? is that a capitol I ? thanks. :D

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Just curious, they didn't enable the console because it allowed cheats in multiplayer. I'm assuming cheats are enabled in multiplayer (for some god unknown reason). Do cheats work if you type them in this console?

A couple of questions:

1. You need the thirdparty tool to enable the dev console, then put "set input Tilde ShowControls | Type" into it, right?
2. Does 1 makes it possible to get the tilde-key binded to this sos-console? In other words: do I need from then the third party tool again, or will it be saved?

Thanks!

User is offline   Stewox 

DevLog ?

Wow that's some sleuthing!

Yeah, it works! I had to bind it to another key, I've chosen "F2". Tilde doesn't work with german keyboard-layout it seems.

http://forums.duke4....22918_thumb.jpg

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2011-06-16_00001.jpg

View Postcoheed82, on 16 June 2011 - 02:38 AM, said:

mr.deviance good sir, just wondering with the set input Tilde ShowControls( | ) Type whats the keyboard button for whats in the brackets i added? is that a capitol I ? thanks. :D

Allow me to be surprised that you don't know all the characters from a keyboard yet...
The | symbol can be achieved like this.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 16 June 2011 - 04:28 AM

User is offline   trackit 

lol @ Flawless Widescreen, Ver 1.0.8 (Not Responding) :D

View Posttrackit, on 16 June 2011 - 03:25 AM, said:

lol @ Flawless Widescreen, Ver 1.0.8 (Not Responding) :D

It's responding don't worry.
It works very well. I just clicked on it while it was checking for updates, that's why it gave that not responding message.
Anyway I've updated pics to remove any misunderstanding...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 16 June 2011 - 03:36 AM

yeah, thanks for the info, will try it out :D

View Posttrackit, on 16 June 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

yeah, thanks for the info, will try it out :D

Have fun and try to make the most out of it because I have a sneaky suspicion that this is as close as we will ever get to what we've had in the demo, considering how gerbox is completely refusing to give any answer to the tsunami of complaints posted on their official forums...
I am extremely happy that I've found this now because now we can finally imput commands in real time without having to write ultra huge commands in the devlog all the time just to change the fov and we also don't need to constantly fuck around with binding extra commands to extra buttons or to constantly alt+tab out of the game to try a new command out...
The only benefit that the former console had over this one was that you could list and view lots of commands with it and when you pressed Up or Down in it, it would cycle the last commands that you've entered for faster access.
That's pretty much all that the disabled console gave us but fuck that, what matters is that we've got a place inside the game where we can input any command from either console or devlog and it will work every time.
The devlog didn't work with console commands and was also annoying to use as a substitute for a real console.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 17 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

User is offline   necroslut 

Nice!

User is offline   Night Wolf 

I had the consol working once with
Set dnWindow.DukeConsole ConsoleKey 192
but now everytime I press ~ I get a mouse pointer with no console and my controls freeze, so I guess it's pretty much f**ked now :D
same thing happens with set "input Tilde ShowControls | Type"

View Postozz, on 16 June 2011 - 05:13 AM, said:

I had the consol working once with
Set dnWindow.DukeConsole ConsoleKey 192
but now everytime I press ~ I get a mouse pointer with no console and my controls freeze, so I guess it's pretty much f**ked now :D
same thing happens with set "input Tilde ShowControls | Type"

Try using another key, for example "F2":
input F2 ShowControls | Type

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 16 June 2011 - 05:19 AM, said:

Try using another key, for example "F2":
input F2 ShowControls | Type

Nope nothing, im thinking somthing screwed up the last time I had it working

Mr.Deviance!
the god among us mere mortals!
it works haeli-fucking-luya! meh, the viewing screen being a pause menu itstead of what it was in demo doesnt change the fact that you good sir, have done us the biggest favor. one that we cant repay you enuf for. gbx if at all would've taken there time helping us until they made sure to sqeeze every last drop of fun out of the thing, but its here thanks to you. :D
sure i had to download the C++2010 thing but it sure as fuck works. :D
now lets just hope this cant be taken from us.*

still, thou i havent got the game working offline, so much for a simple install, little extra download off steam, then voila u can go offline and play? bs. my dnf still dissapears when i go offline, sure i can be online then get into the game and pull the fucking broadband out and voila .. play offline, but til i get full offline control ill be concerned that it could be taken from me without reason. but ive yet to get the answer to this riddle. Anywhoo.. good work :D

Also..
now we know we can spawn things... So um.. ya know *cough*
what are the commands for summoning the other aliens? the same as the demo ones just now the names of the cooler aliens?
i know the alien names Obviously... :D But its how we go about adding these into the command that i dont yet know.
for instance the pigcop with the machinegun was SUMMON pigcop_machinegun and SUMMON assaulttrooper_grunt summoned the troopers so now for a enforcer it should be
SUMMON enforcer_grunt am i correct? just clarifying. Thanks man.
Im sure someone will post an entire list of what we can type (into the console) in this thread soon. :D

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You, sir, are amazing. Thank you.

I also had a problem with the game becoming unresponsive and the mouse cursor appearing which wouldn't fix until I restarted the game. If this happens it means you've already assigned the Tilde key to the actual console which doesn't work. To fix this and use the Tilde key for the SOS console type in the devlog:

Set dnWindow.DukeConsole ConsoleKey

This will unbind the DukeConsole from the Tilde key or any key at all. Then you can use the:

set input Tilde ShowControls | Type

command to enable the SOS console on the Tilde key (if it isn't already) and it will work!

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 16 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

it works :D

Just put god mode on, infinite ammo, spawned a lot of pigs and im having a blast :D

View Posttrackit, on 16 June 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

it works :D

Just put god mode on, infinite ammo, spawned a lot of pigs and im having a blast :D

hehe.. i just spawned an enforcer SUMMON enforcer spawned an octabrain SUMMON octabrain and SUMMON assaultcommander spawns you guessed it! the assault commander! i type in SUMMON battlelord though and it doesnt do anything.. maybe i need to be in an area with plenty of space from obstacles? :D

User is offline   Stewox 

ah , ofcourse , used the flawless fix , and it works on non-US keyboards too ... i think this assigns the button and not the ascii key

User is offline   Stewox 

what's the fov command again ?

This post has been edited by Stewox: 16 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

Mr. Deviance, you are a God. Thanks again.

User is offline   randir14 

Awesome, thanks for figuring this out.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Does this help at all when having dedicated servers?

User is offline   Klapher 

This is good, now I don't need to read idiot topics about removed console.
Mod make this topic sticky so idiots don't post about console again.

This is all moving pretty fast.

If you find some new cheats, feel free to add to (or update) the Duke Nukem wiki cheats page (I'm not actually even registered there, just like to see the wiki used). http://dukenukem.wik...e_Nukem_Forever

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Works great thank you. Does anyone know a list of summon commands?

View PostDerickVonD, on 16 June 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Works great thank you. Does anyone know a list of summon commands?

SUMMON EDF_GRUNT
SUMMON assaulttrooper_grunt
SUMMON pigcop_grunt
SUMMON pigcop_dualpistol
SUMMON pigcop_machinegun
SUMMON pigcop_rpg octababy
SUMMON pregnator
SUMMON cycloid

That's what I could find for now, if anybody know where to get more from, leave a reply.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 16 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options