• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy!

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMad Max RW, on 14 May 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

They can blow it out their fucking ass after deleting my posts, effectively erasing history. They're the moderators, they can claim whatever the hell they want.

I understand your anger, but you still have this place, and this really isn't the place to stand around and bitch about it.

View PostYou, on 14 May 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

The demo was taking off Xbox Live through an exploit in the system.

taking off Xbox Live

taking off Xbox Live

taking off Xbox Live

taking off

taking

taking

http:/http://204.45.110.156/bin/122009/1260528522_itcrowd-facepalm.gif

I'm dyslexic...
Shit like that happens. Thanks for making a big deal out of it.... ass.

View PostDamien_Azreal, on 14 May 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

I'm dyslexic...

i know exactly what you are talking about.
My friend also has this, you're totally right about the ass part.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

I understand your anger, but you still have this place, and this really isn't the place to stand around and bitch about it.

I'm not so much angry as I am disappointed in their handling of it. If there's one thing that disgusts me more than anything it's hypocritical nanny-state liars.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 14 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I have an idea folks... Let's take up that old mantra that existed between two other forums a few years ago.

That place - it doesn't exist. Can we just move on and talk about what the topic is actually about and not fight with each other? Let that place go to Hell in a hand basket, we don't have to concern ourselves with it. Anyone who gets banned over there is welcome to come here. There is no need to get hot headed. Their loss will be this communities gain. Simple.

• tile 1018

View PostMad Max RW, on 14 May 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

I'm not so much angry as I am disappointed in their handling of it. If there's one thing that disgusts me more than anything it's hypocritical nanny-state liars.

Still disappointment, anger, or whatever it may be, this still isn't the place to bitch about it.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

I have an idea folks... Let's take up that old mantra that existed between two other forums a few years ago.

That place - it doesn't exist. Can we just move on and talk about what the topic is actually about and not fight with each other? Let that place go to Hell in a hand basket, we don't have to concern ourselves with it. Anyone who gets banned over there is welcome to come here. There is no need to get hot headed. Their loss will be this communities gain. Simple.

Eh, it depends on your point of view, sometimes people deserve their bans, and we end up having to deal the people that come here to cause trouble.

Anyway, I've been cursed with the inability to do the math. If Xbox 360 demos have to be released on Tuesdays, then what does that mean for the FAC and everyone else? Will it be released one week for FAC and then the next week for everybody? I don't quite understand how that's going to be done, if someone here has better logical skills here, then maybe we can pinpoint the exact release date by doing the math, or the range of possible release dates. If someone could just put this together and make sense of it, it would be great, because I can't.

User is offline   You 

I'm dyslexic...

Is taking not the correct verb? I honestly thought it was. That's why I deleted the original post.

User is offline   Raziel 

Well, I suspected this before, but it looks like Damien_Azreal pretty much confirmed this leak is a content-equivalent leak of what FAC members will be getting. That's kind of disappointing... I was hoping they would release the Titty City demo where you could actually play through a decent chunk of the game. Not two maps we've already seen at PAX (twice, not to mention at lots of other places as well). Just a thought.

This post has been edited by Raziel: 14 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

User is offline   You 

View PostRaziel, on 14 May 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

Well, I suspected this before, but it looks like Damien_Azreal pretty much confirmed this leak is a content-equivalent leak of what FAC members will be getting. That's kind of disappointing... I was hoping they would release the Titty City demo where you could actually play through a decent chunk of the game. Not two maps we've already seen at PAX (twice, not to mention at lots of other places as well). Just a thought.

I think the two maps are a nice game play mix that would suit a general release demo.

BTW, Damien Asrail hasn't confirmed anything, other than the fact that he needs attention.

• tile 1018

View PostDamien_Azreal, on 14 May 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

You can't judge the quality of the videos you are seeing. This demo was ripped from Xbox Live's servers and is not the complete demo. It has been hacked together and is in flawed condition. Do not use this as a judge of the quality of the demo and or final game.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 14 May 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

It's a fucking demo, not the full game. They're WAY over-reacting. Instead of working the whole day on their own forums to close/delete posts or chasing people, they better should do something for their sooooo important FAC cummunity.

Agreed, and I'd like to point out yet again that standard 360's can't play, not without being JTAG'd or a dev-console. So this leak is pretty much worthless.

User is offline   You 

Thank you very much for that. I needed those letter to be enlarged so I could see them. Thank you for this and adding to the discussion.

• tile 1018

View PostYou, on 14 May 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

Thank you very much for that. I needed those letter to be enlarged so I could see them. Thank you for this and adding to the discussion.

Great sarcasm, although who knows, according to you, you're drunk. I was responding to Raziel before you posted, he said that Damien_Azreal has confirmed it would be the short demo, I was pointing out that isn't what he said.

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

Great sarcasm, although who knows, according to you, you're drunk. I was responding to Raziel before you posted, he said that Damien_Azreal has confirmed it would be the short demo, I was pointing out that isn't what he said.

By "complete" I was meaning code wise. Not content wise. Content wise, it could be the full demo... I don't know. Code wise it's very much flawed and not a valid representation of what the official demo release will look like. The code in the demo hack is corrupted which is why the demo ends up looking as it does when playing the second level.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View PostDamien_Azreal, on 14 May 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

By "complete" I was meaning code wise. Not content wise. Content wise, it could be the full demo... I don't know. Code wise it's very much flawed and not a valid representation of what the official demo release will look like. The code in the demo hack is corrupted which is why the demo ends up looking as it does when playing the second level.

What happened to "It wont be the same demo as the PAX demo?"

Unless they were trying to be sly and really meant "It really won't be the same demo, it'll totally have a different splash screen for when you beat it!"

• tile 1018

View PostDamien_Azreal, on 14 May 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

X_X
Oh well, I liked to be proven wrong anyway.

I'm just trying to really figure out when the demo would be released, It's very possible that since the demo has to be released on a Tuesday, that we could figure out the release day.

User is offline   N64 

I see that the game is subtitled. ;)

• tile 1018

View PostThePinkus, on 14 May 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

What happened to "It wont be the same demo as the PAX demo?"

Unless they were trying to be sly and really meant "It really won't be the same demo, it'll totally have a different splash screen for when you beat it!"

Wow I missed what he said. He said that content wise, he doesn't know if it is the full demo. Maybe there's hope, maybe there's not. We'll find out. And I'm trying to find out when we'll find out.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Subtitles will ruin the delivery of many jokes, I'd turn that shit off first chance I got ;).

Atleast DNF is coming out in like 4 weeks. Its pretty close.

• tile 1018

Assumptions:
Assuming the demo will be released before the game.
Assuming the demo for everyone will be released a week after the demo for FAC based on the demo releases for Xbox 360 have to be Tuesday.

What I gather:
Based on my assumptions, the demo will be released for FAC May 31st, May 24th, or May 17th.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 14 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

Based on my assumptions, the demo will be released for FAC May 31st, May 24th, or May 17th.

I'd wager they'll get it the 17th and everyone else will get it the 24th or 31st.

User is offline   coheed82 

Middy you have no idea..
yes im voicing my opinion and its a free country.
both America "&" Australia thanks. in my first comment in this thread i stated that how i got a 5 point infraction @ gearbox JUST FOR COMMENTING IN THE LEAK THREAD THERE... do you think i wake up and go "Hmmm how can i go about getting infracted today?" No. i don't. i wanna have a good standing there, stay under the radar and get my demo when its done. just like anyone here. it's not like we can all sit down somewhere together and have a proper debate so here we are typing our concerns... In person we'd realise that we are all good blokes, just trying to keep it together for the demo. All the waiting is getting to me though. especially with a leak, and not just that.. but seing all the pax, pax east, conventions etc shown other ppl playing the demo.. yes its not as good as what we eventually get @ the FAC but i dont care!! i cant be the only one who would want to have his hands on that pax demo. i wish i didnt see the thread @ gbx over the leak now.. its NOT MY FAULT I WAS INFRACTED. ive been careful to not be all this time....

WE ARE ALLOWED TO BE PISSED THANKYOU! AND FUK REAL LIFE . DNF HAS BEEN MY LFE FOR AGES. i have a life yes, but all the time spent here and @ gbx forums get ya just wanting the fukn demo now doesnt it.

I DONT NEED TO BE REPRESSED.
One thing i'll say though... Stop dissin' Yatta. what did he do? he's done us all proud and doing the best he can. so give the guy a break.

& to spirrwell: i agree with blaming the hackers.. what good have they done now? none. they've just made me mad.. AND ALL OF THOSE WITH THE "PS3" HACK 'ESPECIALLY' IF THAT MEANS WE ARE GETTING THE DEMO LATE BECAUSE OF THEM THEN YES ID LIKE TO FIND THOSE BITCHES.... weve waitied all this time. now we dont need bs.

We are all here for the same reason, duke nukem.
what im trying to say is arnt we all on the same side of the fence here?
so lets just band together and get through the next few weeks however we can. thankyou.

I'm dyslexic...

There was a dyslexia for cure found, you know?

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

I'd wager they'll get it the 17th and everyone else will get it the 24th or 31st.

Perhaps, but keep in mind that this demo is somewhat special... it is more like a product purchase in that we get a code which we redeem. So I'm not sure that it is bound by the same rules as normal demos. I hope you're right of course, but my gut-feel is that Thursday seems just as likely due to the nature of this release (the demo could be up by Tuesday, but we might only get the access codes on Thursday for example). I'm just saying, in this case, Tuesday might not be the day.

• tile 1018

View Postcoheed82, on 14 May 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

We are all here for the same reason, duke nukem.
what im trying to say is arnt we all on the same side of the fence here?
so lets just band together and get through the next few weeks however we can. thankyou.

I would love to believe this, but as being a forum member here, I've learned that not everybody is "on the same side of the fence." x_,x

In response to your complaining about the Gearbox forums' banhammer, this isn't the place to bitch about it. I understand where you're coming from, but it'd be better if you talked to the moderators there, or created a new a topic entirely here about it.

Anyway, from here on out it's the same old wait and see game.

• tile 1018

View PostRaziel, on 14 May 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

Perhaps, but keep in mind that this demo is somewhat special... it is more like a product purchase in that we get a code which we redeem. So I'm not sure that it is bound by the same rules as normal demos. I hope you're right of course, but my gut-feel is that Thursday seems just as likely due to the nature of this release (the demo could be up by Tuesday, but we might only get the access codes on Thursday for example). I'm just saying, in this case, Tuesday might not be the day.

How could that be true unless the demo would be released at different times for Xbox 360, PC, and PS3. That makes no sense. If the console gamers get the demo on Tuesday and get the redemption code on Thursday, how can we account for PC gamers? What I'm saying is that it seems unlikely that would be the case.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

How could that be true unless the demo would be released at different times for Xbox 360, PC, and PS3. That makes no sense. If the console gamers get the demo on Tuesday and get the redemption code on Thursday, how can we account for PC gamers? What I'm saying is that it seems unlikely that would be the case.

No one said people would be getting it at different times. What I said is, even if the game is on the XBL servers by Tuesday, they can choose not to give the codes out until Thursday if they want, or if one of the platforms ends up causing a delay. For example, if the PS3 can't get it on Tuesday, I can see them delaying it for everyone else as well. So my point is, everyone is automatically assuming it must come out on a Tuesday because that's when demos are normally rolled out to XBOX live. What I'm saying is that it is dependent on when GBX decides to give us the FAC demo codes.

This post has been edited by Raziel: 14 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

I smell corporatist bullshit on this page and only one fag is posting it. Not going to give names but he knows himself because he feels guilty of it when reading this post of mine.

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

It's high time for Gearbox to already release the demo. We've been waiting enough and it's already 15th

So, where is it? I can't wait

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options