• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

360 Demo Leaked? Do not support piracy!

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

I'm a pirate because I don't have money. Also, this is the one game I have the most respect for.

Do what you want, but that "I don't have money" excuse is balls. That's the oldest excuse in the book, people still choose to pirate apps on the iPhone even when it only costs as little as $2 an app in many cases. And we're not talking about small ratios either. As an example, take Rally Master Pro 3D. For every 20 copies being played, only one has actually been purchased, the rest are pirated copies running on jailbroken devices. If DNF is the game you have the most respect for, then sell a bunch of stuff you don't want and import it from overseas to save money.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostThe Dukenator, on 14 May 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

Speaking of which, this happened: http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-13394968

I saw that. The hackers are leaking all sorts of old documents such as how Arkane Studios was once working on Half Life 2: Episode 4 in 2007 before Valve canceled it.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 14 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostRaziel, on 14 May 2011 - 07:27 AM, said:

Do what you want, but that "I don't have money" excuse is balls. That's the oldest excuse in the book, people still choose to pirate apps on the iPhone even when it only costs as little as $2 an app in many cases. And we're not talking about small ratios either. As an example, take Rally Master Pro 3D. For every 20 copies being played, only one has actually been purchased, the rest are pirated copies running on jailbroken devices. If DNF is the game you have the most respect for, then sell a bunch of stuff you don't want and import it from overseas to save money.

I'm only fifteen, I live in a crappy trailer, and I've only ever saved up money for DNF so that my dad would pre-order it. I really don't have money. Again, that's something I can't prove. Also, I don't have an iPhone, or any kind of cell phone or whatever, can't afford it. My dad spends too much money on computer crap.

Get a job? I worked as a grease monkey all through highschool and made some good money.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 14 May 2011 - 07:38 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMad Max RW, on 14 May 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

Get a job? I worked as a grease monkey all through highschool and made some good money.

What the hell is a grease monkey?

The only thing that I've ever done well with is computers. Without some job like computer programming, I'm pretty much useless.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 07:31 AM, said:

I'm only fifteen, I live in a crappy trailer, and I've only ever saved up money for DNF so that my dad would pre-order it. I really don't have money.

Your circumstances might be unique, I'm just saying that in general, pirates don't pirate because they can't afford it. Pirates pirate because they just don't want to pay for something.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

The only thing that I've ever done well with is computers. Without some job like computer programming, I'm pretty much useless.

http://www.urbandict...m=grease-monkey

Stick with computer programming. Scype sold for 8 billion. Learn now earn later. This reminds me ... time to go back into it. Posted Image

@ Raziel; I think real pirates copy and distribute for a profit, all others are just low life thieves.

This post has been edited by Hank: 14 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

go to rentacoder.com - pick a task you can solve, and voilà there is your money.

if you are good with computers as in programming like you say, you don't have money problems ever. you have the internet. use it.

View PostSpirrwell, on 14 May 2011 - 07:31 AM, said:

I'm only fifteen, I live in a crappy trailer, and I've only ever saved up money for DNF so that my dad would pre-order it. I really don't have money. Again, that's something I can't prove. Also, I don't have an iPhone, or any kind of cell phone or whatever, can't afford it. My dad spends too much money on computer crap.

My god. I'm 30 and own a shitload of games legally. I had others buy them for me, some I bought with my own money over the years.
I did odd ass jobs like newspaper delivery, hated it but made some money on the side.

Now I have no job and don't pay any rent. Haven't paid any since I moved in 2003.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostThe Dukenator, on 14 May 2011 - 07:59 AM, said:

My god. I'm 30 and own a shitload of games legally. I had others buy them for me, some I bought with my own money over the years.
I did odd ass jobs like newspaper delivery, hated it but made some money on the side.

Now I have no job and don't pay any rent. Haven't paid any since I moved in 2003.
Wut? How do you make money without a job?

Unemployment checks. Welfare. Part time jobs.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMad Max RW, on 14 May 2011 - 08:26 AM, said:

Unemployment checks. Welfare. Part time jobs.

I should've asked how do you make money without a job AND pay no rent. :\

User is offline   Mennuz 

When i was 15, i owned a lot of games legally. Why?
It was 1998, and i was still on phoneline-internet. Buying games was cheaper than downloading them.
Like Duke would say "Get back to work you slacker"
And i don't want to see the video's, otherwise it will be the longest 3 weeks of my life.

View PostMad Max RW, on 14 May 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

The dude who hacked into Valve's servers and leaked Half LIfe 2 was about the same age.

View PostDN4EVR, on 14 May 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

His name wouldn't happen to be Zer0 Cool, would it?

;)

Wrong. That guy was 24 he is dutch and his name is Axel Gembe.
I used to know that guy and had him on msn until he got arrested. After he got over this, I never saw him online again.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

Wrong. That guy was 24, he is black, and his name was Axel Foley.
I used to know that guy & we would go to the strip club until he got a banana in the tailpipe. After he went to L.A., I never saw him in Chicago again.

Plays Beverley Hills Cop theme song.....

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 14 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

View PostDN4EVR, on 14 May 2011 - 08:57 AM, said:

Plays Beverley Hills Cop theme song.....

I like your sarcasm but I was being serious here...
Since he has been gone from msn I have talked to him multiple times on some irc chans related to a hl2 leak fixing and engine enhancing mod that seems to have died, worked on by team gaben. http://www.teamgaben.com/
Now they are working at missing information mod on http://www.love-tub.net/

I pretty much hate Axel Gembe and he knows it. He totally ruined it for me and for others by leaking hl2...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

I like your sarcasm but I was being serious here...
I have talked to him multiple times on some irc chans related to a hl2 leak fixing and engine enhancing mod that seems to have died, worked on by team gaben. http://www.teamgaben.com/
Now they are working at missing information mod on love-tub.net

No love for Beverley Hills cop? ;)

I was just jocking. ;)

Sorry to hear your friend got arrested tho. Interesting story though.

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 14 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

View PostDN4EVR, on 14 May 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

No love for Beverley Hills cop? ;)

I was just jocking. ;)

If you are talking about the Eddie Murphy movies with that name then I like them yes, I watched them in the 90's like everybody else.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 14 May 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

If you are talking about the Eddie Murphy movies with that name then I like them yes, I watched them in the 90's like everybody else.

Judge Reinhold rocked.......

Bit anyways, I hope the demo comes soon. I got this ITCH I just gotta scratch......with napalm and bullets.

I used to know that guy and had him on msn until he got arrested. After he got over this, I never saw him online again.

I thought that it was a german that leaked the HL2 beta.
I am pretty sure it was a german.

Was he 24 at the time? A February 2011 article referred to him as a "young boy" living with his parents when he was caught.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 14 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

View Postthemaniacboy, on 14 May 2011 - 09:11 AM, said:

I thought that it was a german that leaked the HL2 beta.
I am pretty sure it was a german.

He lived in germany at that time but he is dutch. I talked to him I know him and he was definitely not a kid nor a german.
Let's not make this topic about that idiot...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 14 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Well, what guy leaked it this time ?

User is offline   You 

No guy.

The demo was on XBL dev. This is slightly worrying as it shows they have not completed the 360 demo yet ;)

On another note, the in game videos are awesome ;)

User is offline   Alithinos 

Guys,don't break out all your nerves on Yatta.
The man made a site 'cause he love the game,but he is not going to risk legal issues for a game.
We should understand that.
Yeah,the news made me anxious and stressed out too,and I'd really like to have a demo to play that isn't leaked,
but we are already talking about it and Yatta just changed the title and asked that somebody won't post a link leading to pirated material,which is something reasonable.
Now regarding 2k,me too believes that they are over-reacting about deleting youtube videos.
And yeah,I think it would be better if Gearbox had released the demo officially already,so a) we can play the official demo sooner,and ;) someone wouldn't have to leak it.
I think most of us won't play this leaked demo and that we are all going to buy the legal official version of the game when it will come out.
But I understand that people are dying to play this game (me too of course) and some are over-reacting.
I know it's a cliche but please wait until it's done.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostAlithinos, on 14 May 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

The man made a site 'cause he love the game,but he is not going to risk legal issues for a game.
Yeah,the news made me anxious and stressed out too,and I'd really like to have a demo to play that isn't leaked,
but we are already talking about it and Yatta just changed the title and asked that somebody won't post a link leading to pirated material,which is something reasonable.
Now regarding 2k,me too believes that they are over-reacting about deleting youtube videos.
And yeah,I think it would be better if Gearbox had released the demo officially already,so a) we can play the official demo sooner,and ;) someone wouldn't have to leak it.
I think most of us won't play this leaked demo and that we are all going to buy the legal official version of the game when it will come out.
But I understand that people are dying to play this game (me too of course) and some are over-reacting.

Yes, I understand not posting a link to pirated material, but he/mods are taking down youtube links as well.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

The point of all this censorship is that the less people know about the leak, the better. That's why there isn't a single hint at it at Gearbox forums.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDavoX, on 14 May 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

The point of all this censorship is that the less people know about the leak, the better. That's why there isn't a single hint at it at Gearbox forums.

Again, as I said this isn't going to stop anything...it's like saying DRM stops piracy. Hiding the leak won't stop people from finding out about it and telling people about it en masse on other sites.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostAlithinos, on 14 May 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'll buy two copies to make up for one pirate ;)

This post has been edited by ferran275: 14 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

User is offline   Alithinos 

This leakage story reminds me of Crysis 2.
Days before this game's publication,the whole game leaked in a beta version.
But Crytek didn't tried to blackout anybody,they instead made an announcement where they asked fans to support the real game and not download the leak.
Do you think they where right or wrong ?
Should 2k/Gearbox do the same,or are they on the right track by deleting youtube videos and banning members of their forums ?

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options