Duke4.net Forums: What date do you think the DNF demo will be released on? - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What date do you think the DNF demo will be released on?

All bets are on folks!

My guess, is the same date as the original release date - May 3rd / 6th

I think Yatta reckons there'll be "demo news" sometime this month,

but note that "news" doesn't necessarily mean that it will be released in April, the date may just be announced instead. :dukegoof:

This post has been edited by EARTH DEFENCE FORCES: 20 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

June 3 for FAC
June 10 for rest

User is offline   coheed82 

seriously??

well i'll just type in all the dates that i think it'll be done by, leading upto the full game release ok:

21st April, 28th april, 3rd may, 6h may, 14th may, 20th may, 23rd may, 27th may, June 2nd, june 4th, june 6th..............
it has gotta be out either on or between one of those dates..

otherwise it means one of two things..
1. No demo at all :dukegoof: ............ epic FAIL or..
2. full game is to be DELAYED again, demo delayed with it til the next "presuposed" release date which'll be JULY 10!!.. then AUGUST 10 etc...

I hope for my sake and all the other hardcore believers that its somewhere in there before the 14th of May. :D

User is offline   randir14 

If the game isn't delayed again, some time between May 20 - June 1.

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 20 April 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

June 3 for FAC
June 10 for rest

I paid around $60 or so for Borderlands, and another $90 or so for BOSE, so it should probably come before that.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Tomorrow. A little bird told me. :dukegoof:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Gearbox needs to be VERY careful about the demo. DNF's financial success and reputation amongst the entire gaming community depend upon it. I don't know when it's coming, but I'm guessing there'll be a grand total of 3 days between the FAC release and general release.

User is offline   Montykoro 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 20 April 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

Tomorrow. A little bird told me. :dukegoof:

LOL another bird.... link or "simpson did it before" :D

User is offline   z0mb1e 

June 6th. Remember the Duke Nukem: D-Day photo? maybe it's connected.

Some time in May. What they should do is release it May 3rd for FAC members. That way, we may not be playing the full game but we'll be playing DNF on the day Randy promised us we would.

This post has been edited by Bloodwolf806: 20 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View Postz0mb1e, on 20 April 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

June 6th. Remember the Duke Nukem: D-Day photo? maybe it's connected.

Not likely. That D-Day photo was up (if I recall correctly) before Gearbox even had DNF. At least before it was public. The June 6th date makes no sense with the previous (known) time frames for DNF as a demo release date unless they intended on releasing the demo long after the game.

User is offline   muskydragon 

• Yatta is a dictator! :)

It better come out around May or I am thinking DNF will be delayed yet again! from what I see the Demo was probably the reason for the delay and they are wanting to make it as perfect as possible. Which leads to also having to change the full game as well to make it even more amazing then what you already have seen = more shit.
Cause they have alot riding on this game and if the demo flops - the game isn't going to sell well.

User is offline   zwieback 

first 2 weeks of may

User is offline   X-Vector 

Somewhere from two weeks to a month before release, so second half of May.
Any earlier and people could get burnt out on the game from over exposure to the demo.

Lets just hope they don't do things backwards like valve.
You can buy Portal 2 in shops right now, yet you cannot download a demo!

• Honored Donor

Yet they gave away Portal 1 for free a while back, so it's not all bad :dukegoof: I hope they release a demo (for both games) soon though.

The 12th of NEVER! :dukegoof:

User is offline   Johnny 

It would not wonder me, if the Demo will not come out. The Delay has really disappointed to me! But YEAH! I think they release the Demo sometime in May! Or Eastern? This would be a great thing!! :dukegoof:

User is offline   z0mb1e 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 20 April 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

Not likely. That D-Day photo was up (if I recall correctly) before Gearbox even had DNF. At least before it was public. The June 6th date makes no sense with the previous (known) time frames for DNF as a demo release date unless they intended on releasing the demo long after the game.

Well, Let's hope I'm wrong. I'd hope for sometime early-mid may

User is offline   ch108 

Being optimistic I'd say 10th May.

Being less optimistic I'd say June 7th

Being pessimistic I'd say after the games release ala Bulletstorm, I hope that doesn't happen though it'd really screw the FAC members over.

View Postch108, on 21 April 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

Being pessimistic I'd say after the games release ala Bulletstorm, I hope that doesn't happen though it'd really screw the FAC members over.

this ^

I think it will released on May 3rd.

You all really oughta be more specific.

Include the year.

User is offline   X-Vector 

Don't make me post that Terminator clip again.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

It's gonna be hard but I'm gonna skip the demo and just wait for
the full release. I'll give my code up to someone here when I get it.

View Postkaisersoze, on 23 April 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

..code? What're you saying? You need a code to get the demo?

• Honored Donor

He's probably in the First Access Club, in which case, can you give me the code?! (I'm supposed to be getting the code anyway since I preordered online but they're taking their time sending it to me)

View Postch108, on 21 April 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

Bulletstorm demo came out a month before the retail game. I either misunderstood what you meant or you were in a coma between January 26 and Feb 22.

@ Luther: maybe you don't know that but the bulletstorm PC Demo came out after the games release, while the console demo came out a month before the release :dukegoof:
no big deal here however

View Postkaisersoze, on 23 April 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

i hope the demo will not be the pax demo - more like the prey demo where you could play the start of the game and keep the savegame for the retail copy. if so, i'm going to play the demo if not.. well i won't make myself any illusions of not playing the demo :dukegoof: no way :D
Respect kaiser :)

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options