Duke4.net Forums: svn1857 / DukePlus - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

svn1857 / DukePlus

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Reload/Altfire does not work anymore and I can't navigate in the DukePlus menu.
Polymer brightness is increased (intentionally?).
Note to players: svn1856 saved games can't be loaded (game freezes).

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 1856.jpg
  • Attached Image: 1857.jpg

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

New post since I can't manage attachments when editing:
Added logs from a crash when loading svn1857 saved games in svn1856.
Had to rename eduke32.crashlog because:
Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file (funny)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

You are right. Altfire works in r1856, but not in r1857.

More precisely, it doesn't work on the weapons where pressing altfire sets kickback_pic to 1. On the weapons where pressing altfire changes the firing mode of the weapon without making it shoot, it works fine. So I can tell that it is not a cfg issue; the key is being detected but it is not doing what it did in previous eduke versions. Good thing that r1857 is NOT included with the latest DukePlus!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Weird, I'll have to look into this. DeeperThought, you're usually pretty good at figuring out where things are broken, mind testing some of the core functionality required for your altfire code to work to see what's obviously wrong? I had played WGR2 with the latest changes every now and then over the past couple weeks that they've been sitting on my drive and didn't notice anything wrong so hopefully whatever is broken isn't too serious.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTX, on 07 April 2011 - 09:00 AM, said:

Weird, I'll have to look into this. DeeperThought, you're usually pretty good at figuring out where things are broken, mind testing some of the core functionality required for your altfire code to work to see what's obviously wrong? I had played WGR2 with the latest changes every now and then over the past couple weeks that they've been sitting on my drive and didn't notice anything wrong so hopefully whatever is broken isn't too serious.

Apparently, EVENT_PROCESSINPUT is not working at all. If I put an "addlogvar temp" at the top of that event, nothing appears in the log. So all the features that depend on that event are broken, not just altfire.

• el fundador

Ah fuck, I commented its execution out when I was debugging that issue where some fairly random things were triggering that strafe event. Will be fixed shortly. At least it's the easiest fix ever!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

svn1858 / DukePlus / timecop.map reproducible crash.
Load the saved game, step forward and slightly to the right and pick up the devastator.
Btw, it is no good idea to create eduke32.crashlog as read only.

• el fundador

Alright, fixed in 1859.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options