Duke4.net Forums: Prey 2 to be out in 2012 - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prey 2 to be out in 2012

I am the one who thumbed you up like 7 times or something wayskobfssae. Don't get too high ^^ I wonder why someone thumbed me down when i said some news about my mod. Hmm could it be captain, emericaskator, or the commander. hmm hard to tell xD

This post has been edited by Jhect: 09 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

View PostJhect, on 09 April 2011 - 06:29 AM, said:

I am the one who thumbed you up like 7 times or something wayskobfssae. Don't get too high ^^ I wonder why someone thumbed me down when i said some news about my mod. Hmm could it be captain, emericaskator, or the commander. hmm hard to tell xD

Oy, the very moment I saw that a ratings system got put on this site, I knew immediately knew that the forums were going to turn into stalkerville.

View PostJhect, on 09 April 2011 - 06:29 AM, said:

There you go, I gave a thumbs again. :dukegoof:

You made my day, twice !

Prey 2 apparently got canceled...

http://www.gametrail...-been-canceled/

I am seriously pissed off to hear this. The game was something that I definitely wanted to play after seeing the trailers...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 24 March 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

Prey 2 apparently got canceled...

http://www.gametrail...-been-canceled/

I am seriously pissed off to hear this. The game was something that I definitely wanted to play after seeing the trailers...

It's still a rumor until they announce the status of the game next week, so all it's lost yet.

User is offline   trustn0! 

Zenimax issued a "no comment" statement on this so it aint looking good

This is one of the few titles in 2012 that seemed to get everything right
Really hoping this is just a PR stunt in order to gain attention to the project

This post has been edited by trustn0!: 24 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

View Posttrustn0!, on 24 March 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

Zenimax issued a "no comment" statement on this so it aint looking good

This is one of the few titles in 2012 that seemed to get everything right
Really hoping this is just a PR stunt in order to gain attention to the project

I was also looking forward to that cyber punk world A LOT!
The game had such a fucking awesome and unique look to it, it was everything that I wanted since a long time.
How do they manage to fuck up and cancel the games that look awesome...

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

It really looked like a mainstream version of E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy which could have been great if they didn't screw over PC gamers as usual. Unfortunately, whenever a company says "no comment" it means the worst is typically true. Best case scenario is they pull a Sega and delay it "indefinitely" then come back with a totally redone game a couple years later, not unlike Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Personally, I always felt they should drop Prey from the title and start a new franchise.

View PostMad Max RW, on 24 March 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Personally, I always felt they should drop Prey from the title and start a new franchise.

I agree that Prey 2 had nothing to do with Prey 1 and that it was radically different but it was a great looking game none the less.
They could have called it anything they wanted to and just fucking release it...

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMad Max RW, on 24 March 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

(...)

Especially since there's so few elements that both Prey and it's sucessor share in common.
I was looking for this game anyway, hope it's a false rumor.

PS: Damn, someone already posted my statement. =p

This post has been edited by LkMax: 24 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

So.. the game was announced in 2011 and then canceled year later? That doesn't make any sense.

Apparently Human Head was getting screwed over by Bethesda due to lack of funding

User is offline   Tetsuo 

They could have called it Bounty intead. :)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Posttrustn0!, on 24 March 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Apparently Human Head was getting screwed over by Bethesda due to lack of funding

Seems to be a curse related to 3D Realms IPs.

User is offline   Sangman 

I don't think this is true, that wouldn't make any sense. But we'll have to wait and see.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Maybe they ARE changing the name.

TBH i dont think so

Zenimax owns the Prey IP now and any work done is their own and even though they have probably written off the cost of the buy they might want to still use it
What could happen is either the project is shelved(NOT cancelled just postponed),delayed till 2013 or given off to a new studio but i sincerely doubt its going to change names
Or who knows maybe the IP is bought out by Square Enin or 2K ?Or GOD ABOVE EA,Activision or Ubisoft
Till word comes through everything is still up int the air

And btw what is with the people against calling it Prey 2?
Theres nothing wrong with it being called Prey 2

Its like the transition between Jak 1 to Jak 2
Or even better HL1 to HL2

This is everything a sequel should be
New concepts and ideas with referencing the original without having to mimic it.

View Posttrustn0!, on 26 March 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

TBH i dont think so

Zenimax owns the Prey IP now and any work done is their own and even though they have probably written off the cost of the buy they might want to still use it
What could happen is either the project is shelved(NOT cancelled just postponed),delayed till 2013 or given off to a new studio but i sincerely doubt its going to change names
Or who knows maybe the IP is bought out by Square Enin or 2K ?Or GOD ABOVE EA,Activision or Ubisoft
Till word comes through everything is still up int the air

And btw what is with the people against calling it Prey 2?
Theres nothing wrong with it being called Prey 2

Its like the transition between Jak 1 to Jak 2
Or even better HL1 to HL2

This is everything a sequel should be
New concepts and ideas with referencing the original without having to mimic it.

Actually, HL2 is a lot like HL1 in all of it's core gaming aspects.
It's just that HL2 completely changes the places you go through and adds extra gameplay mechanics IN ADDITION to the ones that still exist unchanged from HL1.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 26 March 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

It's just that HL2 completely changes the places you go through and adds extra gameplay mechanics IN ADDITION to the ones that still exist unchanged from HL1.

Ok fair enough but this is a golden opportunity for both Human Head and Zenimax(if they weren't stupid enough to cancel it)
They create a experience rarely seen in games and they bring in both the fans of the first game and the new audiences.
How cool would it be to see what Tommy is doing?
He can be a mentor like figure to Killian and he would act as a plot device for future sequels to visit other worlds(with the portals etc)
Lets see alien worlds that ARENT colonized by more fucking humans

ALIEN NOIR
BOUNTY HUNTERS!
ALIEN MAFIA
ALIEN STRIP CLUBS
SHOULDER MOUNTED ROCKETS
HOVER BOOTS!
PARKOUR COMBAT!
FREE ROAMING WORLD

Now combine these elements with the elements of the first Prey for a possible sequel and you have a fucking goldmine.
All they need to do is just keep the game afloat
I wouldnt put it past them to delay this till 2013 tbh

This post has been edited by trustn0!: 26 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

User is offline   Martin 

It's a shame about Prey 2. The game looked pretty cool. Like Blade Runner. I loved the original, and have no problems with this sequel. They do reference the original game, from what I've read.

Again
Still dont know what happening but it aint looking good

User is offline   Kathy 

View Posttrustn0!, on 26 March 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

ALIEN NOIR

The fuck's that supposed to mean?

People should really stop throwing the n-word around.

What I'm hearing is they suspended development and the second-quarter of 2013 is their new target release (or when they decide to pick it back up again).

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 27 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 26 March 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Those 2 reasons your talking about is why the game is so different. It's not just a little adition. The places you are, are totally different. And the additions are large. The core might be the same, but the shell is what we see.
That sounds good.

View PostMad Max RW, on 27 March 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

What I'm hearing is they suspended development and the second-quarter of 2013 is their new target release (or when they decide to pick it back up again).

If thats the case then thank fucking god

View PostMad Max RW, on 27 March 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Where are you hearing this?

Bethesda finally announced what I already knew:

Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned. The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the AAA game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 19 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostMad Max RW, on 19 April 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

Bethesda finally announced what I already knew:

That sounds fucking good, delaying a game because it is not good enough.
You don't hear that very often anymore these days..
But i do think something more is happening than just that.

There's more. It's sounding like negotiations really did fall through and Human Head is off the project. A little more public info about how long development has been suspended...

http://www.shacknews...-since-november

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options