Duke4.net Forums: PolyMOST HRP / Custom Z-Pack (gloves and more...) / GreyDuke - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PolyMOST HRP / Custom Z-Pack (gloves and more...) / GreyDuke  "Come get some ... gloves"

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postthedrawliner, on 06 October 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

_Here's my EDuke32 log
Please put into spoiler tags or add as attachment to save our screen space...

_I've checked the Attrition change log and it seems that I have the 1.6b4, if "b4" means "Beta 4" then I guess this might be the real source of the problem ...
Yes. Get 1.50beta. Even though the Z-Pack's README says 1.40, it seems it is actually updated to work with 1.50beta.

I don't know how to add command lines to Batch files, I never edited such files in my whole informatic adventures :/
I strongly recommend acquiring such basic knowledge. Otherwise your adventure will turn into a ghost train to nowhere sooner or later.

_I haven't tested this that much but so far only "Have Fun Storming The Castle" does that, I can change whatever I want with no restriction, But I'm starting to wonder if that may be linked to the fact that in order to test if Z-Pack realy worked I went in the DP Hub and used DNSTUFF and then headed in that level because I knew a laser pistol was near and DNSTUFF doesn't give us that weapon. I've tried the 3 first maps without cheating and I couldn't change settings but just in case I'm not going to test that with another map, I don't want to screw them up and have to memorize all the settings of every single maps T_T
The possibility to change certain DP settings can be disabled by tags in each map AFAIK. I don't know if restrictions can be inherited via hub maps or during an episode.

_Sorry I don't know how to do that, I'm still new here :)

_I've read the change log of 1.50 and I see that it's the version prior to the one where they included the new system of keeping the pistol with all its ammo and one weapon we chose at the beginning, I like that new system too much to downgrade to the previous one that was sometimes making the beginning of a map realy hard mostly after like 5 or 6 random maps. I might as well give up until the Z-Pack is updated to match the newest attrition version, that's no urgent business :/

_I haven't acquired that "basic knowledge" because so far I didn't realy need to use or modify these, so far the most advanced thing I've managed to perform was using the Windows Console's "del" command to delete a reluctant program that didn't want to get itself uninstalled on my uncle's PC and yet I had to search a lot cause it kept telling me the target was not valid until I succeeded.

_I have no idea, but it looks like it can be inherited since that's pretty much what happened in my litlle test but since I had used DNSTUFF I guess this was the trigger, I think that if I hadn't cheated in the DPHub and played the map normaly it would have kept its restrictions, I believe in what I see and that's what I saw.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 06 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

_I'm edgy because I start my paragraphs with underscores.

I did this only to separate my replies according to his.

If he hadn't replied by separating I wouldn't have. Since I don't know how to quote like that I put underscores as a replacement ...

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

GreyDuke HRP
... is not dead, it just smells funny. :) For the time being I have restored the download links. (How long have they been offline without anyone ever complaining?)
It will get updated to a current HRP revision sooner or later.

User is offline   OctoBane 

Hey Leod is it possible to use your newest Z-pack ,and polyoveride with Dukeplus?or is it better to stick with the older one,because DukePlus hasn't been updated for a while.

As I said on your new thread I'm using DP with the latest HRP polymost override and Z-Pack with no problem so you technicaly can as well ^_-

View Postthedrawliner, on 23 October 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

As I said on your new thread I'm using DP with the latest HRP polymost override and Z-Pack with no problem so you technicaly can as well ^_-

Thanks

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostOctoBane, on 23 October 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Hey Leod is it possible to use your newest Z-pack ,and polyoveride with Dukeplus?or is it better to stick with the older one,because DukePlus hasn't been updated for a while.
The version numbers should match for optimal cooperation of the downloads I offer. So unless you exactly know why you'd want something other than the 5.3.565 versions, and how set that up correctly, you should use that revision until the next official releases of the packs on which my stuff is built become available.

View PostLeoD, on 23 October 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

The version numbers should match for optimal cooperation of the downloads I offer. So unless you exactly know why you'd want something other than the 5.3.565 versions, and how set that up correctly, you should use that revision until the next official releases of the packs on which my stuff is built become available.

Thanks Leod.

Hi, LeoD. I tried deleting the textures files you mentioned, but that hasn't worked so here's my eduke.log

The zip folder is in the autoload where it should be, and it's selected, but it refuses to be acknowledged :)

I thought I made a temporary solution by renaming the zip file polymost_hrp, but the explosions now look funny with flashing boxes all around them, or is
this an unrelated problem?

Also, I tried the same thing with the z-pack and got the same result. I took some pictures of the explosions if it would help....

Attached Image: duke0044.png

Attached Image: duke0023.png

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 28 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Sorry for the late reply, although I have no schedule for dukish things, I'm weeks behind already... :P

View Postdarkprince227, on 28 December 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Hi, LeoD. I tried deleting the textures files you mentioned, but that hasn't worked so here's my eduke.log
The zip folder is in the autoload where it should be, and it's selected, but it refuses to be acknowledged :)
That sentence confuses me a bit. Please show me the contents of the autoload folder you had when creating that log (with file extensions...).
The autoload option needs to be checked on startup, but do not choose autoload as custom game content directory.
I see that your log refers to loading EDUKE.CON and _clipshape0.map. Do you have any DukePlus contents or other loose DEFs and CONs lying around?

View Postdarkprince227, on 28 December 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

I thought I made a temporary solution by renaming the zip file polymost_hrp, but the explosions now look funny with flashing boxes all around them, or is this an unrelated problem?

Also, I tried the same thing with the z-pack and got the same result. I took some pictures of the explosions if it would help....
Dunno. Try turning off texture caching in the renderer setup.

View PostLeoD, on 02 January 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

That sentence confuses me a bit. Please show me the contents of the autoload folder you had when creating that log (with file extensions...).

Sadly, my 'autoload' folder has changed numerous times since I posted that log. BUT-- I do remember the 'duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' file being in there along with the 'duke3d_hrp.zip' and 'duke3d_music_sc55.zip' files being in there as well, along with 'dp.cfg' and 'dp_settings.cfg'.

I see that your log refers to loading EDUKE.CON and _clipshape0.map. Do you have any DukePlus contents or other loose DEFs and CONs lying around?

I've scouted the files and got rid of the files you mentioned, as well as those dp.cfg and dp_setting.cfg files in autoload.

Dunno. Try turning off texture caching in the renderer setup.

I tried turning off the textures cache in the new menu (I think it's 'on disk textures cache') but the boxy explosions still turn up, even after I deleted the 'textures' and 'textures.cache' files.

By the way, I ran 'eduke32.debug' (clearly from an older build) with 'duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' in the autoload, and everything seems to work fine then.

I've attatched a log from running 'duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' in an eduke32 shortcut, if that will help
Attached File  eduke32.log (6.87K)
Number of downloads: 561
(the shortcut parameter is 'C:\Duke3D\eduke32.exe /gduke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' in case you were wondering)

View Postdarkprince227, on 03 January 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

Sadly, my 'autoload' folder has changed numerous times since I posted that log. BUT-- I do remember the 'duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' file being in there along with the 'duke3d_hrp.zip' and 'duke3d_music_sc55.zip' files being in there as well, along with 'dp.cfg' and 'dp_settings.cfg'.

I've scouted the files and got rid of the files you mentioned, as well as those dp.cfg and dp_setting.cfg files in autoload.

I tried turning off the textures cache in the new menu (I think it's 'on disk textures cache') but the boxy explosions still turn up, even after I deleted the 'textures' and 'textures.cache' files.

By the way, I ran 'eduke32.debug' (clearly from an older build) with 'duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' in the autoload, and everything seems to work fine then.

I've attatched a log from running 'duke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' in an eduke32 shortcut, if that will help
Attachment eduke32.log
(the shortcut parameter is 'C:\Duke3D\eduke32.exe /gduke3d_polymost_hrp_override-5.3.565.zip' in case you were wondering)

Forget all this! I just mentioned on the eduke threat that I've pretty much solved this problem. Except the white crosshair bug.

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 10 January 2015 - 08:46 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Important Note:

As of EDuke32 r4658, up to the most recent r4904 builds, valid GRP or ZIP files in autoload are not recognized if their base name contains additional dots: duke3d_hrp.zip is OK, duke3d.hrp.zip is not.
I didn't notice earlier because I've been sticking to an older build for other reasons.
This affects almost every download I offer on Page #1. :lol:

Workaround: For the time being, rename your autoload files so that the dots (in version numbers for example) are replaced by underscores ("_") or something else.

EDIT: Issue fixed as of EDuke32 r4922.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 15 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

HI everybody.

I put the polymost zip file in the autoload without the dots as suggested above, and the boxy explosions don't seem to be there as long as polymer is activated. I think this might
be a clue as to why they showed up to begin with.

Sadly, bad news time--- I've discovered that when the polymost pack is being used, when you select the Auto Destruct thing at the end of a level, Duke's arm becomes invisible, case in point.....

Attached Image: duke0002.png Attached Image: duke0003.png Attached Image: duke0004.png

Also, something's wrong with Cycloid Emperor's body in Z-pack.....Attached Image: duke0007.png

@darkprince
my first thought would be that you might be using a different HRP version then the Z-pack is intended to be used with?

the latest version of the Z-pack is made specifically to be used with HRP 5.3.565.
trying to use it with a different version of the HRP will most likely cause glitches.

check if you are both using HRP 5.3.565 and the Z-pack made specifically for use with 5.3.565

This post has been edited by splitterface: 12 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

View Postsplitterface, on 12 January 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

@darkprince
my first thought would be that you might be using a different HRP version then the Z-pack is intended to be used with?

the latest version of the Z-pack is made specifically to be used with HRP 5.3.565.
trying to use it with a different version of the HRP will most likely cause glitches.

check if you are both using HRP 5.3.565 and the Z-pack made specifically for use with 5.3.565

Turns out I was using the wrong Z-pack for the job. Cycloid Emperor looks fine now!

Thanks, Splitterface :lol:

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postdarkprince227, on 12 January 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

Turns out I was using the wrong Z-pack for the job. Cycloid Emperor looks fine now!
And the arm?

View PostLeoD, on 12 January 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

And the arm?

In Z-pack the arm appears fine. Sadly, it doesn't in the other polymost pack.

BTW, here's an eduke32.log that might help....
Attached File  eduke32.log (10.31K)
Number of downloads: 396

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 12 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

View Postdarkprince227, on 12 January 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

Thanks, Splitterface ;)

sure thing! glad i could help :lol:

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postdarkprince227, on 06 January 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Except the white crosshair bug.
O boy, I finally remember this issue. Back then I patched the Polymost HRP repository (not yet released) and did a silent update to the Polymost Override Pack. So if you downloaded that prior to 2014-02-24, get it again and retry.

Make sure you've read post #195, everyone.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 15 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostLeoD, on 13 January 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Make sure you've read post #195, everyone.
Autoload file naming issue fixed in EDuke32 r4922.

The HRP display errors reported by darkprince227 in post #196 are caused by EDuke32 as well and get discussed in the EDuke32 2.0 and Polymer! thread.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 15 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

New HRP pack v5.4 is now out! :)

Bad news, which I've mentioned in another file, is the Jetpack HUD seems to missing. The reason I'm posting it here is because without the Polymost-HRP in the autoload, it seems to
come up just fine.

Just thought I should mention it here.

This post has been edited by darkprince227: 22 June 2015 - 09:23 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postdarkprince227, on 22 June 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

New HRP pack v5.4 is now out! :)
The 5.4 versions of my packs are in the testing phase.

View Postdarkprince227, on 22 June 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Bad news, which I've mentioned in another file, is the Jetpack HUD seems to missing. The reason I'm posting it here is because without the Polymost-HRP in the autoload, it seems to
come up just fine.
In the meantime you can try packs from the cutting edge section. They should be compatible to HRP 5.4.

View PostLeoD, on 22 June 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

The 5.4 versions of my packs are in the testing phase.

In the meantime you can try packs from the cutting edge section. They should be compatible to HRP 5.4.

Awesome. Thanks again, Leo. I'm using it right now, and it works! :)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

- Keeping track with HRP 5.4 (r5.4.674)

- Z-Pack support for Attrition and Eternity 2.0 may still have issues.
- Current UserMapHacks are obsoleted (please delete) by HRP 5.4, until a UMH version greater or equal than 5.4.676 gets released.
- Additional Megaton Override flavour: flatfp

Downloads: Post #1 as usual.

User is offline   Nevander 

UPDATE: 11/22/2015

Hey guys. I made a small file you can load after the oldguns file that makes the pistol texture gold because I wanted a gold pistol in the default HRP with no other modifications. The texture itself is a mashup of several different gold pistol skins from Z-Pack. I liked different parts from each one so I decided to make one of my own by combining them all. You can find the download below along with some screenshots. Readme and credits included (please correct me if anything is wrong in them).

NOTE: This post is now obsolete, look here instead: https://forums.duke4...?showtopic=8370

This post has been edited by Nevander: 22 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostNevander, on 17 November 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Hey guys. I made a small file you can load after the oldguns file that makes the pistol texture gold because I wanted a gold pistol in the default HRP with no other modifications. The texture itself is a mashup of several different gold pistol skins from Z-Pack. I liked different parts from each one so I decided to make one of my own by combining them all. You can find it below along with some screenshots. Readme and credits included (please correct me if anything is wrong in them).
Nice to see that some people not just randomly download my stuff, but actually care about it. :)
Credits nitpick: I did not make any of the golden textures (besides some trivial conversions, maybe copying some gloves over one or the other).

z_pack.txt said:

-Duke gloves and more alternate/additional skins from the DNF3D COMMUNITY PACK
by daniel262b, Jaxx, Fantinaikos, and DanM
( https://www.mediafir...nwzoy/DNF3D.rar )

User is offline   Nevander 

View PostLeoD, on 18 November 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

Nice to see that some people not just randomly download my stuff, but actually care about it. :)
Credits nitpick: I did not make any of the golden textures (besides some trivial conversions, maybe copying some gloves over one or the other).

Yea I really wanted to use a simple gold pistol texture whilst playing HRP in Polymost and I had read that there were some gold pistol textures in Z-Pack. Downloaded it and saw that there were some parts and pieces of each one that I liked. Combined them and felt like sharing. I have fixed the credits for the next version.

This post has been edited by Nevander: 19 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options