Duke4.net Forums: BUG REPORTS - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BUG REPORTS

User is offline   meo 

thank you for your fast answer.
I play with 32 Bit openGL on a resolution of 1024 x 768

the font in the HUD is ok now, one of the paths i was using was wrong.

here is a new screenshot:

http://cl.ly/1C2R2U2Q2l0F3D3t3i1H

here is my log file,

EDuke32 2.0.0devel 20100514
Application parameters: -name BuildGamer -j/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/ogg -j/Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2 -name BuildGamer -q1 -m -c1 -xWAR2GAME.con -hwgr2.def -gWGR2.GRP -port 23513 -server 
Fake multiplayer mode.
Monsters off.
Using CON file 'WAR2GAME.con'.
Using DEF file: wgr2.def.
Using /Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/ for game data
Using /Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/ogg/ for game data
Using /Users/myuser/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/ for game data
Using /Users/myuser/Library/Application Support/EDuke32/ for game data
Initializing SDL system interface (compiled against SDL version 1.2.14, found version 1.2.14)
Using "Quartz" video driver
Searching for game data...
Warning: could not find main data file 'duke3d.grp'!
Using file 'WGR2.GRP' as game data.
CON file `WAR2GAME.con' missing.

i have tried the standard version of eDuke32 and the HUD works there

This post has been edited by meo: 25 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

So you tried different resolutions the hud is always cut off like that?

There is a typo in one of your application parameters. It should say "-xWGR2GAME.CON", NOT "-xWAR2GAME.CON"

User is offline   meo 

same problem with a higher or lower resolution...
http://cl.ly/0d0D1r371r221Q0x1C3K

sorry i posted the one in the application folder. This is the right one

EDuke32 2.0.0devel 20100514
Application parameters: -g/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2.GRP -x/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con -game_dir /Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2 
Using CON file '/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con'.
Using /Users/meodai/ for game data
Using /Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/ for game data
Using /Users/meodai/Library/Application Support/EDuke32/ for game data
Initializing SDL system interface (compiled against SDL version 1.2.14, found version 1.2.14)
Using "Quartz" video driver
Searching for game data...
Warning: could not find main data file 'duke3d.grp'!
Using file '/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2.GRP' as game data.
Compiling: /Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con (860486 bytes)
Using DEF file: wgr2.def.
Wrote eduke32.cfg
Wrote settings.cfg
Using config file 'WGR/wgr2.cfg'.
Including: WGR2DEFS.CON (69801 bytes)
Including: WGR2USER.CON (78850 bytes)
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con: In state `raincode':
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:12003: warning: found `ifsound' outside of a local event.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:12004: warning: found `ifsound' outside of a local event.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con: In state `barbweaponcode':
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:15275: warning: found `ifsound' outside of a local event.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con: In actor `LSTRIKE':
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:23374: warning: found `ifsound' outside of a local event.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:23374: warning: found `ifsound' outside of a local event.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:23382: warning: found `ifsound' outside of a local event.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con: In actor `SKELKNIGHT':
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:24701: warning: found local gamevar `framerate' used within an actor; expect multiplayer synchronization issues.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:24708: warning: found local gamevar `framerate' used within an actor; expect multiplayer synchronization issues.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:24719: warning: found local gamevar `framerate' used within an actor; expect multiplayer synchronization issues.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:24730: warning: found local gamevar `framerate' used within an actor; expect multiplayer synchronization issues.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con: In actor `KORAX':
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:31677: warning: found `ifsound' outside of a local event.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con: In actor `ICEMETEOR':
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:32299: warning: found local gamevar `framerate' used within an actor; expect multiplayer synchronization issues.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:32309: warning: found local gamevar `framerate' used within an actor; expect multiplayer synchronization issues.
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con: In actor `BARBSTATUE':
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:33896: warning: `nullop' found without `else'
/Users/meodai/Desktop/WGR2_SIEGEBREAKER/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con:33896: warning: empty `ifcount' branch
Found 15 warning(s), 0 error(s).
Resizing code buffer to 122121*4 bytes
Relocating compiled code from to 0x2414d014 to 0x2484e014
Script compiled in 53ms, 122113*4b, version 1.4+
3203/11264 labels, 553/2048 variables
445 quotes, 46 events, 389 actors
Initialized 32.0M cache
Loading 'wgr2.def'
Definitions file 'wgr2.def' loaded.
RTS file DUKE.RTS was not found
Initializing OSD...
0 joystick(s) found
Executing "WGR/wgr2_settings.cfg"
Setting video mode 1024x768 (32-bpp windowed)
OpenGL Information:
 Version:  2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.26
 Vendor:   NVIDIA Corporation
 Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 OpenGL Engine
Initializing music...
Error: couldn't open any of the following files:
/etc/timidity/freepats.cfg
/etc/timidity/timidity.cfg
/etc/timidity.cfg
Error: couldn't open any of the following files:
/etc/timidity/freepats.cfg
/etc/timidity/timidity.cfg
/etc/timidity.cfg
S_MusicStartup(): failed initializing
Initializing sound...

Wrote WGR/wgr2.cfg
Wrote WGR/wgr2_settings.cfg

This post has been edited by meo: 25 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

Have you beaten the first episode already? There shouldn't be fireworks in that level unless you have.

As for the hud problem, maybe I can move the stuff over for you, but I need a little time to adjust the code.

EDIT: Open the console (the ` key by default) and type 'give all' and 'setvar combo 50'. This will give you everything. Then take a screenshot. I want to see if the inventory items along the left side and the POW bar on the top are being cut off.

User is offline   meo 

View PostDeeperThought, on 25 June 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

Have you beaten the first episode already? There shouldn't be fireworks in that level unless you have.

As for the hud problem, maybe I can move the stuff over for you, but I need a little time to adjust the code.

EDIT: Open the console (the ` key by default) and type 'give all' and 'setvar combo 50'. This will give you everything. Then take a screenshot. I want to see if the inventory items along the left side and the POW bar on the top are being cut off.

yes i have beaten the first episode.(What shoul i do there anyway? Just quit the game and start the next chapter?)

the pow bar is ok, but not the rest.
http://cl.ly/3A2l3H1O1O343h1p3f40

thank you!

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postmeo, on 25 June 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

yes i have beaten the first episode.(What shoul i do there anyway? Just quit the game and start the next chapter?)

Yes.

the pow bar is ok, but not the rest.
http://cl.ly/3A2l3H1O1O343h1p3f40

thank you!

Yeah that's pretty bad. You can't see when items you have at all.

• Duke Plus Developer

OK, I have something for you that might help. Unzip the attached CON files and drop them into the directory that has the eduke32 binary. They should override the ones inside the grp file.

What I did is disable the left justify bit on all of the hud display commands that had that bit. If I'm correct, that bit was pushing those items off screen. Let me know if it helps.

Also, have you tried running the game in full screen?

EDIT: You have to start a new game using that code to see any difference.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   meo 

View PostDeeperThought, on 25 June 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Also, have you tried running the game in full screen?

i had the same problem in full-screen. But with your new files, it works perfectly!
Thank you so much! I can make a shell file, so linux and macos users can play WGR2 just by executing this file (it like the bat file but for unix based systems)

This post has been edited by meo: 25 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postmeo, on 25 June 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

i had the same problem in full-screen. But with your new files, it works perfectly!
Thank you so much! I can make a shell file, so linux and macos users can play WGR2 just by executing this file (it like the bat file but for unix based systems)

Great!

I wonder why it was getting cut off on the left, but not the right, though. Strange.

User is offline   meo 

just create a plain text file and insert:

#!/bin/sh
directory="$(dirname "$0")"
exec ${directory}/EDuke32 -g${directory}/WGR2/WGR2.GRP -x${directory}/WGR2/WGR2GAME.con  -game_dir ${directory}/WGR2

rename it to whateveryouwant.command

or download it here:
http://cl.ly/0k2P172N0m260v040b3Y

This post has been edited by meo: 26 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

Thank you! I'll include that next time there is an update.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It would be nice if something was added to the end of the episode so that it can be completed properly without just quitting. It just feels less satisfying and for those who haven't played before, they're not sure if there's anything else to do.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 26 June 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

It would be nice if something was added to the end of the episode so that it can be completed properly without just quitting. It just feels less satisfying and for those who haven't played before, they're not sure if there's anything else to do.

Yeah, I agree. As I say, there was something planned, but it didn't get done. Maybe it will in 2012.

• Honored Donor

I found this in the changelogs for the latest eduke32 by helixhorned:

Read-only CON access to sector bunchnums by adding the labels '.ceilingbunch' and '.floorbunch' to the CON sector structure

I don't know if this can help with the TROR rain problem or not, but I've got another WGRealms 2 TROR 'glitch' to report: the floating platforms that spawn and rise up until they hit a ceiling, disappear when they hit the TROR boundary; in effect they disappear in mid-air.

Also, I don't know what the policy is with including user maps; whether they have to be of similar quality to those already in the mod or not (imo when I've finished my map it should be new experience), but if my map were to be included, it'd have to be polymer only for 2 reasons:
1) The map is too glitchy in any renderer other than polymer due to limitations to the other renderers which IIRC cannot be overcome.
2) Even if the glitches were fixed, the framerate is much better in polymer.

I imagine DanM would be in the same boat if he's still working on a TROR WGRealms 2 map. Maybe a polymer episode? Posted Image

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 10 July 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

I found this in the changelogs for the latest eduke32 by helixhorned:

I don't know if this can help with the TROR rain problem or not, but I've got another WGRealms 2 TROR 'glitch' to report: the floating platforms that spawn and rise up until they hit a ceiling, disappear when they hit the TROR boundary; in effect they disappear in mid-air.

Also, I don't know what the policy is with including user maps; whether they have to be of similar quality to those already in the mod or not (imo when I've finished my map it should be new experience), but if my map were to be included, it'd have to be polymer only for 2 reasons:
1) The map is too glitchy in any renderer other than polymer due to limitations to the other renderers which IIRC cannot be overcome.
2) Even if the glitches were fixed, the framerate is much better in polymer.

I imagine DanM would be in the same boat if he's still working on a TROR WGRealms 2 map. Maybe a polymer episode? Posted Image

It's been a long time since I looked at the code for those platforms, but they probably have a line such as "ifceilingdistl 32 killit" The sectors are connected but they are still different sectors, so if something is near the ceiling of one it is still near the ceiling. The CON addition will probably help if I can learn how to use it.

What happens if you shoot a rocket upward? I'm guessing that projectiles and some other hardcoded stuff knows how to teleport (obviously the player does).

A Polymer only episode would be OK, providing that it actually runs well.

• Honored Donor

I tried all the weapons from both above and below a TROR portal and they all work perfectly.

• Duke Plus Developer

Be aware that if you use r1957 or later, the shotgun's zoom function seems to be broken. This is due to a change in the source which I hope will be fixed soon.

In the meantime, you can fix it by adding this line to autoexec.cfg:

r_usenewaspect 0

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options