Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Dzierzan 

It ain't big ass satellite dish, but it's always something, small pipes I guess:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This camera could point at the glass:

Posted Image

And here's my prisonball voxel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

536/537/4446 added to Github, E4L5 maphacks updated for better tripod cam (tile #4444) positioning (two of them actually, also the one in the execution room).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 December 2020 - 10:00 AM

You got mail!

Posted Image

Duck and target:

Posted Image

And that's how the target looks on the other side:

Posted Image

User is online   Mark 

The mail bag reminded me of the email sound clip I made almost 20 years ago for when I had AOL as my service provider. "you've got mail"
Use it for yourself if you like it. I still use it today.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  email.wav (558.2K)
    Number of downloads: 144

This post has been edited by Mark: 20 December 2020 - 01:36 PM

• The Truth is in here

What do the ducks look like when you shoot them?

They come 2D, just like targets. Well, for a moment they become floor sprites, so that kinda makes sense.

The reason why I added depth to the ducks is that I dunno all custom maps for Duke, so maybe somebody used them as bathducks or ducks on the lake. You get the idea.

EDIT: Exactly the same issue I had with Blood's duck and I also chose thicker duck as some mappers used those ducks as bathducks.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 20 December 2020 - 02:07 PM

So, I voxelized side mirrors. I guess they look fine and apparently they're only used in E4L11. Anyway, there's a small issue, a mapper placed here two side mirrors, for front and back. So right now two voxels are overlapping each other. Is there a way to disable one sprite via maphacks?

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Got a report from the Discord that the voxels in Life's a Beach are floating. Any advice what they may be loading wrong?

Posted Image

User is offline   jkas789 

This has been going on for some time. I reported this to LeoD I think like 3 months ago (some pictures of the problem back in September) however I think he still hasn't had the time to update them. Also from the conversation exchanged he told me that only VACA1 was maphacked and the other maphack files are just placeholders. i can also confirm that using the maphacks 10-05-2020 from this thread does not solve the issue.

Directly quoted from our convo:

The radio and that box thingy voxmodels from your screenshots most likely suffer from bad offset/origin -> not a maphack issue.

• The Truth is in here

Regarding that car mirror:
AFAIK it's only possible to disable models/voxels so that only sprites are shown. It is not possible to turn off sprites entirely. You could only make its offset so high that it's outside of the map, I guess...

To me they look just fine without maphacks when checking ingame now, though.

Otherwise, all of Dzierzan's latest additions are on Github now.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 December 2020 - 10:36 PM

A small note, I raised offsets for E4L4. This is how the duck (and most likely taget too) looks like:

Posted Image

This might cause problems on custom maps. Unless I again made a mistake just like I did for the cannon.

BTW here's a knife voxel:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 21 December 2020 - 01:55 AM

A simple voxel water drop. You barely see them voxelized in game ^^.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 21 December 2020 - 01:47 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Those look awesome and no one can complain about having the option to make every sprite in the game a voxel. I do think it's ill-advised for an already art and code heavy project to use the entire voxel pack, though. The water drops, for example: for those of us spawning hundreds of drops per second to make a rain effect, I wonder what that does to framerate.

Just like voxel shell castings in Blood, I see no performace drop. I guess mainly due to after reaching some limit, the oldest ones disappear. When it comes to E4L1, I see again no change in performance. I guess it's no longer DOS to be really afraid of that unless you add a thousand voxels in one room or something.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 21 December 2020 - 01:54 AM

Apparently, wooden horse on side wasn't in this voxel pack despite standing version was done.

Posted Image

I shouldn't really take the credit for that, as I only rotated the "normal" one and fixed issues caused by the rotation. I didn't even care to compare it to the original sprites too much, as I think it's better if standing one and on side one are the same, so it's consistent.

• The Truth is in here

Knife, wooden horse and water drop added.
Both Dzierzan and DotK3D (who made the original wooden horse) will be credited for #1026.

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hi there, still wonderful voxels here. The dish antenna is very impressive. Congrats Borion. I think I am up to date with the little green pluses for at least the last ten pages !
Keep it on, it's a real pleasure to see your works.

Bravo à tous !

User is offline   Borion 

View PostDotK3D, on 21 December 2020 - 04:02 AM, said:

Hi there, still wonderful voxels here. The dish antenna is very impressive. Congrats Borion. I think I am up to date with the little green pluses for at least the last ten pages !
Keep it on, it's a real pleasure to see your works.

Bravo à tous !

Thanks, DotK3D! Your mapping masterpieces never go unnoticed, even when I forget to click green plus (shame on me! :))

Here is preview of latest object. As you can see folks, some gray tones are flickering. I did all I could to limit SLAB6 tendency to fuck-up palette. But with amount of colours & volume size of this object, most of my past workarounds don't work. It is definitely caused by SLAB6 colour palette sorting bug, I'm 100% sure - I spent like 6 hours making sure every single voxel is fitting palette and total amount of colours is smaller than half of DN3D palette (it used to be enough to deal with POS Slab6 palette handling^^)
Posted Image

Well, at least in this case we can imagine this flickering is caused by propeller being reflected by metallic surface of helicopter. I really can't do anything about it :(

I also had hard time setting right pivots. Original sprites don't have any offsets, so centering pivots should be fine - it wasn't. Might be caused by maphacks.
I think 1345 (non-animated static state of helicopter) is still off by few voxels.

I will post KVX frames as soon as helicopter falling from the sky will be finished (sprite 1346).

EDIT: To fit this model in KVX size limit, I had to shrink it about 15%. We may have to make up for it with voxel model scaling in .def file.

This post has been edited by Borion: 29 December 2020 - 03:47 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

For reference, an EC225:

Posted Image

User is offline   Borion 

This helicopter seem to be quite popular in last 35 years and have many variations. Fun fact: those with trap door - like one from DN3D & one posted by FOX - are less popular than those with slide door. I know, fascinating. /s
As You can see I changed couple of things. Like fifth blade of back propeller that is only present on sprite 1346 (inconsistency) or red circles on back propeller - not sure if author left them on purpose, they look like helping guides left by mistake/lack of time. There were also couple modifications needed to fit it in KVX limits, so no "pixel perfect" conversion this time ;)
Models already send to cpt. NightFright, waiting for his "Aye!".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Voxel models
1345:
Posted Image
1337-1338:
Posted Image
1346:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Borion: 29 December 2020 - 08:12 AM

Voxelgazm for my eyes!

Considering this is Duke's 2nd ride, I am thinking if voxelization of Duke's first ride is a good idea since you only see it in E1L1 for a brief moment.

EDIT: My space shuttle is not pixel perfect either, so no problem.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 29 December 2020 - 09:10 AM

• The Truth is in here

My "aye" will have to wait until second week of January. Afk from any PC till then. We'll survive.

Or get another person who can also add stuff to the project ;).

User is offline   DotK3D 

View PostBorion, on 29 December 2020 - 03:35 AM, said:

Thanks, DotK3D! Your mapping masterpieces never go unnoticed, even when I forget to click green plus (shame on me! :))

It's very nice but I think there is a confusion here (perhaps you thinking of ck3D) ?, I had never posts anything else than a few voxels :) (and perhaps 2-3 sprites). Certainly not maps ! (but maybe one day... :dukegoof:, if I start mapping !)

Nice helicopter, though.

Happy new year in advance to all Duke's community !

User is offline   Borion 

View PostDotK3D, on 30 December 2020 - 12:52 AM, said:

It's very nice but I think there is a confusion here (perhaps you thinking of ck3D) ?, I had never posts anything else than a few voxels :) (and perhaps 2-3 sprites). Certainly not maps ! (but maybe one day... :dukegoof:, if I start mapping !)

Nice helicopter, though.

Happy new year in advance to all Duke's community !

Yes, I confused You with ck3D - how intelligent :wallbash:
Still, thanks for kind input & happy new year, man! :)

User is offline   Borion 

1343 - wheel of wrecked helicopter
Posted Image
1344 - propeller of wrecked heli
Posted Image

User is offline   Borion 

4943, hung jury
Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostBorion, on 30 December 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

1343 - wheel of wrecked helicopter

Cool! Do we have 1340-1343 yet? Those do get used in maps and they don't seem to be on Nightfright's site.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options