Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Trailer Screenshot - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Trailer Screenshot  "Found in picasa thx Luke Rymarz"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

He doesn't look that much different honestly.

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Oct 26 2010, 06:06 PM, said:

I see a cigar, and younger looking skin. Also a moustache.

Noticed that too, yeah.

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 26 2010, 06:08 PM, said:

He doesn't look that much different honestly.

Did you not notice how plain Duke with nerdy sunglasses and a normal pistol is no longer cool for them?
To be cool now, they've added him sophisticated glasses, gloves, a cigar and they've also turned his gun into a golden one...
I'm glad this game wasn't delayed a bit more to get one more art remake, because I fear that we might have seen him with some added facial scars and some piercings in his eyebrows, nose and ears plus some nuke tattoos and if they were at it, maybe some golden braces???

Moved pic to this page for easy access
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 26 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

Well the fact that he's saved the entire planet 3 times so far may have upped his expectations a bit. Just make his face look older, shave his lip, and maybe up the muscles a bit, and the design on right would be fine with me.

Edit: Though this does feel a bit nitpicky, especially with the moustache. Does anyone here seriously think we'll ever get that much detail in a mirror scene?

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 26 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Oct 26 2010, 06:21 PM, said:

Well the fact that he's saved the entire planet 3 times so far may have upped his expectations a bit. Just make his face look older, shave his lip, and maybe up the muscles a bit, and the design on right would be fine with me.

His new look is one thing but when you add to it his golden gun, combined with the show off cigar and those useless metrosexual gloves, he suddenly looks like he's trying very bad to look cool, instead of naturally looking cool without trying to, like he did before.
I think that what ruins him are the gloves and golden gun. They seem to be things that a woman would care about, not a guy.
Why does any serious man want a golden gun? I would much rather have a titanium gun than a golden one. I hate gold and I consider that men who wear gold suffer from bad taste!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 26 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 26 2010, 06:13 PM, said:

Did you not notice how plain Duke with nerdy sunglasses and a normal pistol is no longer cool for them?
To be cool now, they've added him sophisticated glasses, gloves, a cigar and they've also turned his gun into a golden one...
I'm glad this game wasn't delayed a bit more to get one more art remake, because I fear that we might have seen him with some added facial scars and some piercings in his eyebrows, nose and ears plus some nuke tattoos and if they were at it, maybe some golden braces???

Posted Image

1. Who gives a shit about the sunglasses? They're still sunglasses. They're black shades on a blonde dude, thats all that really matters. So what if they're not raybans? They're not pink, or something outragously different.
2. Who cares about the gloves? At first it bothered me that they were trying to make his stuff match, but frankly its not that big a deal. Duke's a big celebrity now and he probably wanted a marketable image.
3. Hes smoked cigars since Duke Nukem 3D. There are repeated references in the games story and text to stogies, cigars, and drinking.
4. His gun has been golden for several games now. This was a 3DR decision.

He's just slightly unshaven. Big whoop. He was slightly unshaven in the 2007 teaser too... BIG DEAL.

Really, alot of these changes make sense in context, which makes the game seem all that better made to me. Also, what's wrong with gloves? They give him a bit more style than "Trying to look cool", and it's something nice to look at when you're trying to find things to shoot. Wouldn't you expect to a guy who's saved our planet 3 times in a row to have some designer merchandise and such? Duke may be perverted enough to watch strippers WHILE saving the entire fucking planet, but he ain't dumb enough to let global fame just pass on by him.

@Commando

Really? I couldn't tell from the CIGAR SMOKE (Mr. Deviance, you a card sometimes) in my face.

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Oct 26 2010, 06:46 PM, said:

Really, alot of these changes make sense in context, which makes the game seem all that better made to me. Also, what's wrong with gloves? They give him a bit more style than "Trying to look cool", and it's something nice to look at when you're trying to find things to shoot. Wouldn't you expect to a guy who's saved our planet 3 times in a row to have some designer merchandise and such? Duke may be perverted enough to watch strippers WHILE saving the entire fucking planet, but he ain't dumb enough to let global fame just pass on by him.

@Commando

Really? I couldn't tell from the CIGAR SMOKE (Mr. Deviance, you a card sometimes) in my face.

Dunno, just saying that now he looks more like Duke TnTem than Nukem.
As for his global fame. Dunno, I would have been happier if he lived in a world where he hated the fame seeking corporatist stereotype, instead of embracing it and being a fame whore himself.
But if you think a bit about him, he might actually be metrosexual since Duke3D.
His "Damn I'm looking good" one liner that he said each time he looked in the mirror, kind of brings up the question, lol.
I always thought that when he said that he had a similar self irony to Johnny Bravo's but you may never know. :(

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 26 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostBraveTriforcer, on Oct 26 2010, 06:46 PM, said:

@Commando

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-conten...eenshot-big.jpg

Yep, that's 5 0' Clock shadow right there.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 26 2010, 10:04 PM, said:

I don't care what anyone thought of that image of Duke. To me this image is the pure definition of one lean, mean, bad-ass killing machine motherfucker! (and this is my one-liner quote if you don't agree) "I'll bash your teeth in and rip out your tonsils!"
:(

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 26 October 2010 - 09:49 PM

User is offline   Martin 

I think everyone who's whining about 'minute detail X' is basically a fag.

Yeah, I'm happy with what we've got right now. Just some things erk me a bit. But we also have to remember that there is a difference between character art and actual models.

View PostMicky C, on Oct 25 2010, 05:44 AM, said:

I only just realized how unlikely it is that Duke can keep up a smoking habit and still have lungs healthy enough to keep on fighting alien scum.

This is because unlike cigarettes, you generally don't inhale the smoke of cigars. They're meant to be puffed, similar to pipe tobacco, it's only puffed and not inhaled because you'll choke your balls off. =======~

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 26 2010, 09:32 PM, said:

His new look is one thing but when you add to it his golden gun, combined with the show off cigar and those useless metrosexual gloves, he suddenly looks like he's trying very bad to look cool, instead of naturally looking cool without trying to, like he did before.
I think that what ruins him are the gloves and golden gun. They seem to be things that a woman would care about, not a guy.
Why does any serious man want a golden gun? I would much rather have a titanium gun than a golden one. I hate gold and I consider that men who wear gold suffer from bad taste!

The golden gun is really nothing 'new'. Hell, we've been killing aliens with it for some time now and it works like a charm!

Posted Image

Another instance here from DanM's 'Duke Nukem Eternity'

Posted Image

BTW, I hope the cigar gets used to light fuses or thrown into explosive substances!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 26 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

• Judge Mental

Double posting for the lose dude. Big lose.

OH SNAP! Public lynching at 4 O' Clock.

...Oh hey, look at that, Duke always had a golden gun, yeahhh!

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 27 2010, 02:13 AM, said:

Double posting for the lose dude. Big lose.

OH SNAP! Public lynching at 4 O' Clock.

...Oh hey, look at that, Duke always had a golden gun, yeahhh!

But i can say eat shit and die, you pansy faced fucking tree hugger without getting banned! What a cool site! :(

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostVinsaneOne, on Oct 26 2010, 11:18 PM, said:

But i can say eat shit and die, you pansy faced fucking tree hugger without getting banned! What a cool site! :(

Eat a cock you fucking failed abortion.

• Judge Mental

View PostPikachu, on Oct 27 2010, 02:11 AM, said:

Whoa whoa! Easy man! He was just kidding around. :(

Guest_Pikachu_*

my bad, sorry :(

View PostVinsaneOne, on Oct 26 2010, 11:12 PM, said:

BTW, I hope the cigar gets used to light fuses or thrown into explosive substances!

Hmm, I doubt he will be smoking during gameplay lol.
It would be nice if he would start smoking when you leave the game idle.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 27 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 26 2010, 05:13 PM, said:

Noticed that too, yeah.

Posted Image

Right um I like how in the left pic Dukes face expression sums his character perfectly. Now I also like how they seem they seem to have aged him etc. I believe and I stating the obvious here that when they most likely gave Duke more of his own personalty they decided to age him and make him look more..... mature? is that the right word?

Guest_Pikachu_*

He looks more like Randy in the right pic. Conspiracy?

LMAO, that's a though, Duke Pitchford... Now you mention it, I bet that is what he is playing at, he's such a loser that he wants to be Duke Nukem so people think that he is cool, but because he can't be Duke, he's turning Duke into himself.

I can see it now;
NEW from Gearbox software
Duke Nukem V - Duke Nukem Manager

Play as your favorite hero, Duke Nukem, as you try to manage a Game Development studio and stop it being taken over by aliens calling themselvs "The 3D Realms Loyalists".

* BE Duke Nukem in your battle to run a company!!!
* TRY to deviate from the path by using your mighty boot on that puny door, only to realise that you can't open it!!!
* YELL at the screen, so much business action!!!
* GET annoyed by that desk that you could quite easily jump over obstructing your path and not giving you the "Jump" thingy!!!
* WONDER why that building in the distance never gets any nearer, your mate Dave left a book on the controller one night and when he got up the building wasn't any closer!!!

This post has been edited by High Treason: 27 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostHigh Treason, on Oct 27 2010, 12:18 PM, said:

LMAO, that's a though, Duke Pitchford... Now you mention it, I bet that is what he is playing at, he's such a loser that he wants to be Duke Nukem so people think that he is cool, but because he can't be Duke, he's turning Duke into himself.

I can see it now;
NEW from Gearbox software
Duke Nukem V - Duke Nukem Manager

Play as your favorite hero, Duke Nukem, as you try to manage a Game Development studio and stop it being taken over by aliens calling themselvs "The 3D Realms Loyalists".

* BE Duke Nukem in your battle to run a company!!!
* TRY to deviate from the path by using your mighty boot on that puny door, only to realise that you can't open it!!!
* YELL at the screen, so much business action!!!
* GET annoyed by that desk that you could quite easily jump over obstructing your path and not giving you the "Jump" thingy!!!
* WONDER why that building in the distance never gets any nearer, your mate Dave left a book on the controller one night and when he got up the building wasn't any closer!!!

LMAO! I'm preordering this NOW!

View PostHigh Treason, on Oct 27 2010, 11:18 AM, said:

No Randy is a seriously nice guy.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 27 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 28 2010, 12:17 AM, said:

Hmm, I doubt he will be smoking during gameplay lol.

Me too, I don't need to hear him coughing and coughing up flegm from walking up a mildly steep slope or running. Waiting a few minutes while he catches his breath.

View PostPikachu, on Oct 27 2010, 05:11 AM, said:

That was funny though. A Duke one-liner?

View PostCommando Nukem, on Oct 27 2010, 09:16 AM, said:

Whoa whoa! Easy man! He was just kidding around. :(

That I was. Nice to know he had your back bro!

View PostPikachu, on Oct 27 2010, 10:51 AM, said:

my bad, sorry :(

No problem, you didn't know. But good looking out for my good friend just the same. (thumbs up!)

View PostJinroh, on Oct 27 2010, 05:52 PM, said:

Me too, I don't need to hear him coughing and coughing up flegm from walking up a mildly steep slope or running. Waiting a few minutes while he catches his breath.

As I mentioned before, cigar smoke isn't inhaled into the lungs, just puffed out the mouth. Anyway, although Duke is tough enough to inhale the very strong cigar smoke without choking, he's smart enough not to and smoke cigars like there supposed to be smoked. Cancer of the lip or mouth, well thats another matter, but even Cancer wouldn't mess with Duke!

View PostVinsaneOne, on Oct 27 2010, 07:18 PM, said:

even Cancer wouldn't mess with Duke!

It sure won't but I'm not sure about STDs though :(

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postangelo86, on Oct 8 2010, 08:11 PM, said:

Posted Image....

Who else thinks that logo is a bit Jurassic Park? :(

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I still think it looks like Duke to me. Yeah, he might look a slight bit younger, but, he still glows with that Duke Nukem character. Maybe after being the king of the world for 12 years, he's had a lot of TLC, and is looking younger, and as good as ever. Doesn't look anything like Randy Pitchford, he has a totally different head shape and facial structure. Now, if Randy were a custom unlockable multiplayer skin, that would be hilarious.

As for the gloves, I like them, and in a combat situation, they have a logical explanation. Last thing you need in combat is to have your hands shredded by debris, glass, jagged rock, bracing yourself from falling on a rough surface, or being burned by hot metal, etc. Same reason why soldiers wear them. They're protective.

By the way, I don't get the complaint about the Gold pistol. Duke has had a golden Desert Eagle in Manhattan Project, and IIRC at least one other game. He's also used a Colt M1911 in Duke Nukem 64.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 29 October 2010 - 04:18 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options