• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Trailer Screenshot  "Found in picasa thx Luke Rymarz"

User is offline   Jeager1999 

View PostDavoX, on Oct 10 2010, 08:32 AM, said:

Wrong. The screenshots of the trailer were posted September 7th. They are from PAX.

OK, maybe its was made without using ingame scenes. Didn't they do that with the other trailers back when?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postozz, on Oct 10 2010, 09:02 AM, said:

Duke from the PAX demo looks nothing like classic Duke
Although the Duke from the trailer looks quite similar besides the hair

Posted Image

Id have to say the best model is the 3rd one imo

For fucks sake people, stop comparing this to low-res crap that shows no fucking detail whatsoever. Next thing we know, we'll see people making comparisons to the Duke3D cinematics. *shudder*

Here's my comparison, that'll hopefully put things into perspective:
Posted Image

I often wonder if anyone even remembers to think about the official artwork for Duke.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 10 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Heh, nice pic. It shows that is the real Duke we're getting ;).

Jeager I see you just type whatever and then press post. Next time think before posting for the sake of everyone's sanity.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

The only similarities in those pics are the wrinkles, his facial structure looks feminine.
but whatever I trust they'll get it right in the end.

This post has been edited by ozz: 10 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

User is offline   Rellik 

for your consideration:
Posted Image

View PostDavoX, on Oct 10 2010, 10:48 AM, said:

Heh, nice pic. It shows that is the real Duke we're getting ;).

Jeager I see you just type whatever and then press post. Next time think before posting for the sake of everyone's sanity.

Oh, Gee I'm Sorry. Allow me to make it clearer for you. I was under the Impression that the 1998 Trailer for Duke Nukem Forever was made without actual In-Game Footage. I was mistaken, It was the First Screen Shots that were Mock-ups of the game since they did not have the Quake Engine Source Code at that time. If you would like to know more about the Events that accord during Duke Nukem Forever's Development, Might I suggest Wikipedia....you Dick. Oh and BTW, he looked worse in Land of the Babes.

This post has been edited by Jeager1999: 10 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Haha you just came in. Nice move going to wikipedia to copy paste some information. Hey, at least you cared to inform yourself better and looked for info. Good.

View PostDavoX, on Oct 10 2010, 02:11 PM, said:

Haha you just came in. Nice move going to wikipedia to copy paste some information. Hey, at least you cared to inform yourself better and looked for info. Good.

Yeah, who needs a book. LMAO, oh my god. What if they made a book then someone wanted to make a movie out of it. Who would play George?

• Auramancer

View Postozz, on Oct 10 2010, 04:04 PM, said:

his facial structure looks feminine.

What. The. Fuck?

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Oct 11 2010, 01:39 PM, said:

What. The. Fuck?

Haha I was kind of joking when I said that, what I meant is that his face is more narrow and his jaw is less chiselled, also due to the crappy resolution it looks like he's wearing lipstick.
Edit: besides that each one of those pictures are different, none of them look exactly alike they just have the same facial expression.
He looks like a Duke imposter imo.

This post has been edited by ozz: 11 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

This stupid debate needs to stop because I see that nobody wants to agree with anybody.
I thought a bit on how to bring an irrefutable fact about Duke that might end this useless debate on how Duke looks and I think that I've found the perfect example!

Are you ready?
Here goes!
DUKE NUKEM DOES NOT HAVE A STANDARD FACE OR LOOK AND HE NEVER DID!
I know it might sound crazy but read further!

Besides the basic characteristics of being a muscly, blond, short haired, bad ass with sun glasses, there is no other feature to his face that matches in any of his pics.

And now here's my irrefutable fact!
Duke DOES NOT EVEN LOOK THE SAME TWICE IN ONE GAME!
Everybody compares the DNF versions with the DN3D "one" and that's the problem! There's no such thing as "ONE" Duke Nukem look In Duke 3D!
In DN3D he looks different each and every time you see him.
Did anybody ever bother to compare Duke's various looks from within the different places where you see him in Duke 3D?
If you haven't, then look at this comparison of Duke art styles that I took just from Duke3D, and you will see how he doesn't even have the same pair of glasses!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

All 3 screens are from Duke 3D and as you can see, he does not look the same in any of them.
In fact, in Duke 3D there are a few shots of him where he has the most different pair of glasses out of every other Duke art that I've ever seen.
As far as I can see, he has 3 types of sunglasses just in Duke3D alone

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So how about everybody stops telling everybody how Duke Nukem is supposed to look, because as you can see, he is not supposed to look in just one way and he never was!
I won't even mention the times when he didn't even wear glasses because then you will say that it was before he was popular.
DUKE NUKEM NEVER HAD A FIXED LOOK PERIOD

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 October 2010 - 01:15 AM

Edit for sake of not pissing off whoever the hell that guy is: They will fix it, I'm sure they already fixed it. The Demo they will release soon will probably have the fixed stuff.

This post has been edited by Jeager1999: 11 October 2010 - 02:51 AM

View PostJeager1999, on Oct 11 2010, 01:48 AM, said:

For a sec, I though you were referring to my post before yours. I don't know exactly where the Book Idea came from but if there was a Movie Adaptation. This guy would be good pic to portrait George.
Posted Image

Your post makes no sense in this topic. Nobody is talking about any books here...
I think that you are posting in the wrong topic. There's another topic where you can talk about the movie adaptation of Duke.
I've noticed that this is the third time you quote something and you post something completely unrelated and somebody warned you to stop doing that because it's annoying.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 October 2010 - 02:14 AM

User is offline   Stabs 

oh ffs these retarded arguments do not make duke4.net look good

That is DNF Duke
That is Duke3d Duke

Get used to it

and if you want to be all hardcore about he should look like this

Attached Image: Untitled_1.png

User is offline   Martin 

^ That Duke is awesome!

User is offline   Kathy 

He still misses the legendary pink top.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

You guys are so sad. (puts on whiny 12 year old voice) "It's not Duke Nukem!" (/) Just to prove what ass-wipes you were, I showed one or two of the images you posted as 'the REAL Duke' to my friend's kids. They immediately said Oh, look at the hair, and the clothes, it must be Jedward!

ROFLMAO!

So, here you go, the REAL Jed Nukem!

Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

I'd hit it.

• Auramancer

View Postozz, on Oct 11 2010, 04:58 AM, said:

Edit: besides that each one of those pictures are different, none of them look exactly alike they just have the same facial expression.

Well, of course not, but they are the closest amongst one another. Some of the faces of the models, like in that trailer, or the third one on this picture, veer too drastically off of his general facial appearance in official boxart and whatnot.

Now, Mr. Deviance is definitely correct in saying he doesn't have a standard appearance, particularly in Duke3D(Thus my comment about the cinematics Duke). Although, the boxart has always been a bit more consistent.

Posted Image

Boxart Pics again:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 11 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image
It just doesn't look like Duke...

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 23 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Actually that one does resemble one his known pics like the carey one.

User is offline   Outtagum 

That one actually does resemble Duke.

You're all wrong! This is Duke Nukem;
Posted Image

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 23 2010, 03:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

am I behind? where the eff is this one from?

I'll be honest, and say that there does seem to be something off about the PAX model. Not that it doesn't look good, mind, but something just throws it all out of wack. I think he look's a bit too pale, especially in the mirror screen, but that's just me. Gloves wise, I feel the more vibrant red goes better than the dull yellow/green. But overall, I wouldn't mind if a slightly darker version of PAX Duke was in the final game, but there is still something about it that I can't pin down. And it's not his face, so don't even start.

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 23 2010, 02:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

True. He looks nothing like the guy. Why did they change everything about him is anybody's guess.
I guess there's a conspiracy going, otherwise I can't explain how could they get every single key element of his face so wrong.
From his age to face expression, need to shave soon facial hair shadow, ending with his new glasses, he does not look like the old duke nukem forever art at all.
But since Duke has seen so many iterations across time, I guess this is something we just need to accept.
If modding will be possible in any way shape or form, I guess somebody will remodel his face and release a replacement model or something.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 23 2010, 05:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

That's new, when did that come up?

User is offline   Green 

I always picture Duke looking more like this
Posted Image

View Postferran275, on Oct 23 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

am I behind? where the eff is this one from?

I got the image from here

This post has been edited by Mr. Green: 23 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 24 2010, 10:24 AM, said:

I always picture Duke looking more like this
Posted Image

Yeah I agree. ^^ That's my impression of Duke as well.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The problem is he looks too young. And his facial expressions are a bit off.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options