Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Trailer Screenshot - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Trailer Screenshot  "Found in picasa thx Luke Rymarz"

Though Randy HAS said that the Demo is about 5 or so months old. So there may have been some design fixes here and there.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Oct 24 2010, 12:04 AM, said:

The problem is he looks too young. And his facial expressions are a bit off.

Also he has smaller cheek bones, makes him look un-Duke like.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

The problem is he's just not buff enough, looks like he went off the steroids.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

He better get back on them before he's lost so much muscle he looks like ozz's avatar

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Actually I don't know where people got the "Duke Nukem is a WWE fighter on steroids, buff like a friggin bodybuilder" because not in any of the games he looked over muscled or anything. He always looked like in DNF. Some idiots that made the PC gamer cover and other stuff made him way too over muscled and it looks like shit.

View PostDavoX, on Oct 25 2010, 12:22 AM, said:

Actually I don't know where people got the "Duke Nukem is a WWE fighter on steroids, buff like a friggin bodybuilder"

2007 teaser trailer for 1
pumping some iron

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZUN7mHUtzno

2. Duke Loves steroids, and what do steroids do... make you Buff

This post has been edited by ozz: 24 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

That's not as overmuscled as some people still want him to be.

I still don't understand why Gearbox decided to change Dukes appearance from what we saw in 2007.
That model was perfect he looked more ugly and ass kicking rather then attractive and sharp.
It's just a little disappointing to go from that to what we have now, doesn't really pull of the whole 80's macho action hero look, which is a big part of Duke.

This post has been edited by ozz: 24 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I definitely agree that the Duke from the 3DR DNF cover art is over-muscled. In fact his head looks too small for his body. But the Duke Nukem 3D cover, for instance, is perfect.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMr. Green, on Oct 24 2010, 08:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

I only just realized how unlikely it is that Duke can keep up a smoking habit and still have lungs healthy enough to keep on fighting alien scum.

• The Sarien Encounter

That's another thing. Duke isn't ALWAYS smoking a cigar. He seems to be in every Gearbox promo picture so far.

Duke needs his 80's Ray Ban Wayfarers back.
The Gearbox Promo art is terrible, he looks fine in the Demo menu though, its confusing

This post has been edited by ozz: 25 October 2010 - 05:06 AM

View PostMicky C, on Oct 25 2010, 11:44 AM, said:

I only just realized how unlikely it is that Duke can keep up a smoking habit and still have lungs healthy enough to keep on fighting alien scum.

to me this looks like the perfect version of duke :( not too old, but still not too young :(

He just looks BADASS in this promo pic!

I would pay 50 bucks for this poster with Randy's or George's signature!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 25 2010, 12:46 PM, said:

You would pay for anything Duke related...

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostJhect, on Oct 25 2010, 06:42 PM, said:

to me this looks like the perfect version of duke :( not too old, but still not too young :(

Even Jason Statham with a toupee would look more like Duke.

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 25 2010, 08:46 AM, said:

Randy? Lol.
Who the fuck is Randy? He's a nobody. I don't give a shit about his signature nor this poster.
Randy will never become a person important enough to give me a signature or autograph.
For a person to become important, he first needs to at least create something awesome with his own 2 hands and mind!
Randy had his chance at creating something when he was younger and he didn't do anything worth talking about.
Just because his company might struck gold at one point and create an awesome game, will not make Randy worthy of so much respect to the point where I would need autographs from him.
Go ask for signatures from people that worked at DNF, after DNF comes out and proves that it kicks ass.
Those are the real people that you should respect, not the suites that pay for their own interest.
I would like a signature from George and Miller on a duke 3d poster or an old DNF poster though, because these guys have changed the industry!
But I would not pay money for it either.

As for paying 50 bucks for a picture so cheaply made and with a Duke Nukem face that looks nothing like the real one, would be quite a dumb thing to do, but who am I to tell people not to buy shit...
I guess I'm not allowed to die until I can say that I've seen them all, and this was definitely something I wasn't expecting to see :\

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

User is offline   Sebastian 

Can you for once not stick your nose into everything you see? You're not contributing anything to the conversation besides negativity. Please keep your thoughts to yourself every once in a while.

Like many others have said before me, Duke himself have had so many different appearences over the years that I'm not really bothered if they decide to go their own way with this. It's not like there's a particular jawline or noseridge that is canon to the series or anything. The second you see him you know it's Duke and that's what matters.

This post has been edited by Sebastian: 26 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on Oct 25 2010, 04:08 PM, said:

Randy? Lol.
Who the fuck is Randy? He's a nobody. I don't give a shit about his signature nor this poster.
Randy will never become a person important enough to give me a signature or autograph.

Fuck you. Randy's a grat person, what want to start considering him important since he is the bringing us DNF! Dumbass!

BTW MusicallyInspired in respone to post 131 the answer to your question: to make him look cool.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 26 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

Guest_Pikachu_*

View Postblackharted, on Oct 26 2010, 08:19 AM, said:

Fuck you. Randy's a grat person, what want to start considering him important since he is the bringing us DNF! Dumbass!

BTW MusicallyInspired in respone to post 131 the answer to your question: to make him look cool.

Do you always post out your fucking ass?

For once I agree with Mr. Deviance. Randy Pitchford is a spastic fuck. He's a marketing fuck, he's an insincere fuck, a corporate fuck and above all he's a lucky fuck. NO ONE knew him before the "Gearbox owns Duke" bomb dropped and after DNF is released and gets 6's and 7's across the board, when the punchline to this running joke is revealed and the world goes back to not giving a damn about the dated Duke franchise, Randy will be screaming in the streets "HEY GUYS I'M RANDY PITCHFORD SAVIOR OF DUKE DON'T Y'ALL REMEMBER ME!?" and the only response he'l get is a beer bottle to the back of the head, thrown by a passing car. He's so much like Christian Weston Chandler that I'm surprised he hasn't made a fucking Sonichu game yet.

Just because he's bringing us Duke doesn't mean he should be the fucking Gearbox mascot. In the paraphrased words of George Brousslard "Randy needs to STFU IMO".

The only people who should be up there fucking talking about this game are the ex-3DR people, yes even George. They created this fucking game, and it fucking pisses me to see this idiot taking the credit.

Plus he looks like Huey Lewis with a shorter face and skinnier eyebrows. Fuck Randy. 3DR 4ever motherfuckers!

Now I am going to go deregister from Gearbox because their community has gone to shit (Yes, you told me so).

Uhm, Randy has pretty much been Gearbox's maskot ever since the Brothers in Arms series. And he's always been "spastic".
Do you always post out your ass?

:(

This post has been edited by Sebastian: 26 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostSebastian, on Oct 26 2010, 09:47 AM, said:

Uhm, Randy has pretty much been Gearbox's maskot ever since the Brothers in Arms series. And he's always been "spastic".
Do you always post out your ass?

:(

Sometimes, but mostly I hunt and peck using a chopstick lodged in my uretha.

This is why I never watch Pokémon.

Guest_Pikachu_*

View PostSebastian, on Oct 26 2010, 10:05 AM, said:

This is why I never watch Pokémon.

As I've explained many times before (on the GBX forums), I've never watched it either (never cared for the games either). I chose this "online persona" if you will because I had just finished playing Smash Brothers Brawl with my bro, got online and saw the news about Duke. I wanted to register for GBX but I couldn't think of a username and just making something like dukefan87 would have been gay as shit so I picked the last character I brawled with, Pikachu. There was just as good of a chance I would have named myself Yoshi or Kirby or what have you.

Other that he's in Brawl and that he seems to be badass for a little electric rat, I know fuckall about Pikachu or Pokemon besides the fact that Japan created him as revenge for kicking their ass in WWII.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to explain that.

This post has been edited by Pikachu: 26 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

View PostPikachu, on Oct 26 2010, 10:13 AM, said:

Hopefully this is the last time I have to explain that.

I could've saved you the trouble, it was just a joke. :(

View PostPikachu, on Oct 26 2010, 09:43 AM, said:

Do you always post out your fucking ass?

For once I agree with Mr. Deviance. Randy Pitchford is a spastic fuck. He's a marketing fuck, he's an insincere fuck, a corporate fuck and above all he's a lucky fuck. NO ONE knew him before the "Gearbox owns Duke" bomb dropped and after DNF is released and gets 6's and 7's across the board, when the punchline to this running joke is revealed and the world goes back to not giving a damn about the dated Duke franchise, Randy will be screaming in the streets "HEY GUYS I'M RANDY PITCHFORD SAVIOR OF DUKE DON'T Y'ALL REMEMBER ME!?" and the only response he'l get is a beer bottle to the back of the head, thrown by a passing car. He's so much like Christian Weston Chandler that I'm surprised he hasn't made a fucking Sonichu game yet.

Just because he's bringing us Duke doesn't mean he should be the fucking Gearbox mascot. In the paraphrased words of George Brousslard "Randy needs to STFU IMO".

The only people who should be up there fucking talking about this game are the ex-3DR people, yes even George. They created this fucking game, and it fucking pisses me to see this idiot taking the credit.

Plus he looks like Huey Lewis with a shorter face and skinnier eyebrows. Fuck Randy. 3DR 4ever motherfuckers!

Now I am going to go deregister from Gearbox because their community has gone to shit (Yes, you told me so).

You stupid prick, Randy IS an ex 3DR person.

BTW Sebastian did you get my reply to the PM you sent me?

This post has been edited by blackharted: 26 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

Well Randy left after about a Year of making DNF, but that doesn't mean he isn't a respectable source. He himself has said that he'd played through the entire game (Unpolished and buggy, though) so he's good too bring out for the layman's experience with the game and explaining what the game will be like. But for explanations of mechaincs and such, I would prefer the Ex/Current (Triptych is pretty much them) 3d Realms people.

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postblackharted, on Oct 26 2010, 11:19 AM, said:

Err....it wasn't a question. It was a statement.

View PostSebastian, on Oct 26 2010, 07:07 AM, said:

Can you for once not stick your nose into everything you see? You're not contributing anything to the conversation besides negativity. Please keep your thoughts to yourself every once in a while.

No I can't. I will stick my nose every time I see a post that goes against my views.
I have every right to stick my nose, don't try to act superior with me and tell me what to do or not.
My rant was to the point and it did contribute to the conversation. Talking negative is also part of a normal conversation.
Just because you or others disagree with me, doesn't mean that I'm not contributing.

View PostSebastian, on Oct 26 2010, 07:07 AM, said:

Like many others have said before me, Duke himself have had so many different appearences over the years that I'm not really bothered if they decide to go their own way with this.

I've said that too. Not sure how many said that before you, but I was one of the ppl that said it at least once or twice.
Even though I've said it, there are still a few things that bother me at his new look!
The main problem I have with his new look is that he seems to be too different from his older art variations(not counting duke 1 and duke 2).
All of his older looks were different indeed but somehow kept a similarity between them while this one simply looks like a completely different character.
They even gave him rugged facial hair for some reason, but the thing that bothers me the most, is his young age.
Duke has looked different in lots of pictures until now but he never looked that young in all of his history.
Also, his sunglasses have always varied between terminator 1, terminator 2, going through a nerdy style of glasses that actually looked great on him and going back to terminator 2 glasses like you can see in the banner on this forum on the left.
Now his glasses also look like nothing he has had on his face before, which further changes his look even more.

My personal favorite look for Duke Nukem, that simply feels the most appropriate, is the one with his nerdy glasses which is the one on the left.
Now let's compare the different looks side by side and you can simply see how much they've changed him from that old poster look.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 26 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

I see a cigar, and younger looking skin. Also a moustache.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options