Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Trailer Screenshot - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Trailer Screenshot  "Found in picasa thx Luke Rymarz"

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Oct 9 2010, 12:00 AM, said:

I'd beg to differ, the one on the left (PAX Demo Main Menu version) looks the most like Duke does on the Duke Nukem 3D Artwork, and the picture I'm about to post

This hardly looks like the classic Duke.
Posted Image

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 8 2010, 09:21 PM, said:

This hardly looks like the classic Duke.

I'm getting confused, his glasses have changed like FOUR times. we have the original 2007 trailer, then this one, then the in game one we saw, and now finally in the leaked trailer images where they look RIGHT

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

It is obviously a menu option to customize his sunglasses. In fact, I heard a rumor that there is a planned DLC pack of sunglasses and clothes that will be available only to those who own Borderlands and all of its DLCs. ;)

I am blown away at the level of quality at which they've remade the Freeze-Ray gun!
It looks EXACTLY like the Duke3D sprite one! It even has the same color. It looks like a HD remake of the Duke3D one for real.
I've cropped both the duke3d one and the one from the trailer to see how much they look alike!
Posted Image
If they remake all the other weapons with this level of quality, I will be very happy.
Though, tbh the shrink-ray gun in DNF looks nothing like the duke 3d one, but this one does, which is a bit weird.

ALSO!!!
General Graves is still in the game, FUCK YEAH!
Whose willing to bet, that he won't be using the same old recorded lines that we saw in the 2001 trailer?
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 08 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

User is offline   MartyMcFly 

Yeah Im also stoked about the freeze ray. If only they made the shrink ray either similar or just better looking.

I strongly believe the trailer is the one Scott Miller mentioned on his FB profile back in end of November 2009!

I guess remaking the trailer with the updated models and graphics is too much work?!

I SO WANT THIS AWESOMNESS NOW! Release or burn GBX! Burn by the fire the fans are bringing to the table that is! ;)

BTW: Angelo from who do you got those pics?! ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 9 2010, 10:25 AM, said:

I strongly believe the trailer is the one Scott Miller mentioned on his FB profile back in end of November 2009!

2009? No.

I guess remaking the trailer with the updated models and graphics is too much work?!

Only if one man working on it 1 hour a week.

Posted Image Posted Image

the 2007 trailer Duke is different to the other ones! Now I see that both newer Duke's are almost the same model, only that the one the left is pre-rendered! Compare the face similarities! ;)

This post has been edited by Jobi-Wan Kenobi: 08 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

Mr. Green made this: Posted Image

Awesome screenies, thanks for posting them! That makes the wait for the trailer even more harder...

btw. that must be the WORST looking DNF logo I've seen so far.

it's so 80's ;)

Every other version of Duke, has the right glasses besides the one that I've seen in the demo ;)
Out of 10 fucking models they just had to pick the worst one...

User is offline   Sebastian 

Totally stoked now. Thanks for posting this, Angelo86.
Also love the freezer, but more importantly I'm glad they kept the red eyes of the pigcops.

User is offline   N64 

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on Oct 8 2010, 10:31 PM, said:

BTW: Angelo from who do you got those pics?! ;)

http://picasaweb.goo...emForeverShots#

2008 version?
Posted Image

This post has been edited by angelo86: 09 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

Lol these pics were uploaded on September 7...it took 1 month to find them ;)

User is offline   Honza 

View Postangelo86, on Oct 9 2010, 12:38 PM, said:

no wonder as it still can't be googled - I tried several ways.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View Postangelo86, on Oct 8 2010, 07:28 PM, said:

Old trailer?

Posted Image

If you look at the edge of the base of the shells in his bandolier, you'll see that the one on the left is probably not a game model. It looks either like its painted or a high-res model. You can clearly see the polys in the right hand one.

User is offline   BugsBunny 

I think the ingame shot for Duke is the best. For me this clearly indicates the the model for Duke used in the trailer is an old one.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by BugsBunny: 09 October 2010 - 04:48 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The ingame screenshot makes duke look like he's wearing a topless shirt ;) and duke looks way more muscular in the pax trailer

User is offline   Stewox 

They're starting to pick it up

http://n4g.com/news/622582/first-hot-scree...ut-trailer-nsfw

View PostStewox, on Oct 9 2010, 06:21 AM, said:

Oh cool.

User is offline   Honza 

View PostStewox, on Oct 9 2010, 03:21 PM, said:

finally some kickass leak, hopefully this will get things movin'

• I have the power!

The menu is certainly painted or higher res. Although some menus now days have in game date streaming through, a lot of (especially classic) menus have a standard background. As a most basic thing, it is the duke model in higher res and then shopped to look smoother.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The menu is definitely animated, though. Not static.

• I have the power!

I can't tell unless I play the game. ;)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

We've seen the menu at pax, it is definitely animated.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Then what you are seeing is going to be the high-res model rendered in something like V-Ray, which is going to look loads better than the game model rendered in game.

View PostMr.Flibble, on Oct 9 2010, 07:29 AM, said:

The menu is certainly painted or higher res. Although some menus now days have in game date streaming through, a lot of (especially classic) menus have a standard background. As a most basic thing, it is the duke model in higher res and then shopped to look smoother.

To me it seems that the DNF demo uses a FULLY 3D ANIMATED MODEL in the menu. I think the demo loads the in game model into the menu, similar to the way in which you can load your character models in unreal tournament 3 and customize them.
I've seen the menu filmed at PAX and I could see Duke moving and smoking his cigar in the menu, he definitely wasn't static.
He was looking around and taking his cigar out of his mouth from time to time to blow some smoke.
Though, there is a possibility that the entire menu is a HD flash that has been prerendered to make it seem like there is a duke model there.
The reason I am saying that the entire menu could be Flash is because even though he is animated, his model and the rendering on his model look too good to be true.
It could be the higher poly version of Duke from which they've made the low poly one that's in the demo.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's definitely not Flash. If anything it's some kind of encoded video playback like L4D/L4D2. It wouldn't be Flash.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options