• You cannot reply to this topic

What actor would make a great Duke Nukem?  "Remember the movie WILL happen"

Is that Keanu Reeves?

As for the rest of the post: :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by blackharted: 23 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

View Postblackharted, on Dec 23 2010, 04:20 PM, said:

Is that Keanu Reeves?

Ya.

but if this guy bulks up a bit, he might have a chance at making a good movie out of it.

Posted Image

Yatta? No fucking way in hell!

I'm serious.

View Postblackharted, on Dec 23 2010, 02:26 PM, said:

Yatta? No fucking way in hell!

I'm serious.

Don't be jealous man, I'm sure they can find a role for you too and allow you to play as a prop or something along those lines :rolleyes:
I honestly think you would do wonders in a Duke Nukem movie if you played as one of the main toilets there.
I simply know that you've got the natural born talent to act as a toilet and if you try your best, you could even be one of those trash cans that can be found in DN3D.
If a Duke Nukem movie is looking to recreate the ambient and props from Duke 3D, I'm sure you would get the part without even performing for audition.
You can just print some of your posts from this forum and present them as part of your resume and I guarantee you, they will get you the part, no questions asked!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 23 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 23 2010, 05:08 PM, said:

Don't be jealous man, I'm sure they can find a role for you too and allow you to play as a prop or something along those lines :rolleyes:
I honestly think you would do wonders in a Duke Nukem movie if you played as one of the main toilets there.
I simply know that you've got the natural born talent to act as a toilet and if you try your best, you could even be one of those trash cans that can be found in DN3D.
If a Duke Nukem movie is looking to recreate the ambient and props from Duke 3D, I'm sure you would get the part without even performing for audition.
You can just print some of your posts from this forum and present them as part of your resume and I guarantee you, they will get you the part, no questions asked!

Posted Image

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 23 2010, 02:08 PM, said:

Nice try. I'm not jealous at all. I have no desire to be an actor, or ever appear on camera, so leave poor insult attempts at home.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I just looked up the Duke Nukem movie on the Internet movie database and I was surprised to find it listed an actor as being rumoured as Duke; somebody called Gar, but I haven't heard of him. What does everyone else think?

View PostMicky C, on Jan 12 2011, 11:50 PM, said:

I just looked up the Duke Nukem movie on the Internet movie database and I was surprised to find it listed an actor as being rumoured as Duke; somebody called Gar, but I haven't heard of him. What does everyone else think?

I think its fake as i've never heard of him ethier.

Dolph Lundgren or bruce willis if he had hair and dyed it

• Honored Donor

Bruce Willis is too well known and too old for Duke Nukem. Dolph Lundgren maybe, but if Bruce Willis does it, then it'll just be another Bruce Willis movie. We want Duke Nukem to stand out on its own.

View PostMicky C, on Feb 26 2011, 02:10 AM, said:

Bruce Willis is too well known and too old for Duke Nukem. Dolph Lundgren maybe, but if Bruce Willis does it, then it'll just be another Bruce Willis movie. We want Duke Nukem to stand out on its own.

welll put

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

Kickinger from T4 with the CGI face of Arnie and duke hair-cut would be nice))

What about Armie Hammer?

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Scott Steiner

This is all impossible, any movie will be utter fail. Nobody can fill the role of Duke Nukem. The absolute king of the world.
And Derick. Duke is awesomly buffed, but for some reason. Dukes body seems more "perfect" these guys muscles are just randomly placed xD

This post has been edited by Jhect: 13 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

View PostJhect, on 13 May 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

This is all impossible, any movie will be utter fail. Nobody can fill the role of Duke Nukem. The absolute king of the world.
And Derick. Duke is awesomly buffed, but for some reason. Dukes body seems more "perfect" these guys muscles are just randomly placed xD

Steiner is pretty jacked, he'd make a pretty good older Duke. He definitely has the attitude too.

Bruce Willis, obviously.

He's a fantastic actor, with witty lines. And, well. If you look at these images, the resemblance is there:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Obvously they don't look exactly alike, and bruce is nowhere near as well built as Duke is, but there're definitely similarities.

Quite frankly I've always thought of him as the real Duke Nukem.

This post has been edited by trencheel303: 20 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

• Honored Donor

I've heard that that version of Duke was actually based off of Bruce Willis.

User is offline   Henguist 

For me there has only been two people that could play Duke, Schwarzenegger or Lundgren, unfortunately age isn't on their side. I did think about someone like John Cena but not keen on his acting abilities. How about Thomas Jane, aka Frank Castle

Posted Image, Posted Image

If not perhaps Hugh Jackman, Tyler Mane (Michael Myres in the recent Halloween movies, Manu Bennett (Crixus in Spartacus: Blood & Sand),

If only....
Posted Image

Check my avatar. The Sandman from ECW would make a great Duke Nukem, if the story was Duke has let himself go with the beer drinking and been reduced to fighting people in wrestling matches until one day the aliens invade his championship match at which point he grabs his barbed wire wrapped signapore cane and says, "Nobody steals my title belt....and lives."

View PostHenguist, on 10 June 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

For me there has only been two people that could play Duke, Schwarzenegger or Lundgren, unfortunately age isn't on their side. I did think about someone like John Cena but not keen on his acting abilities. How about Thomas Jane, aka Frank Castle

Posted Image, Posted Image

If not perhaps Hugh Jackman, Tyler Mane (Michael Myres in the recent Halloween movies, Manu Bennett (Crixus in Spartacus: Blood & Sand),

You've got an excellent point there. Thomas Jane would probably one of my first choices. I've heard loads of people saying "Oh, John Cena should play Duke! He totally looks like him!", to which I reply "Go play Duke Nukem 3D all the way through, and then tell me that Cena can say those lines without looking like a total idiot."

User is offline   Engel220 

Thomas Jane would actually stand a decent chance, his voicework on the 'Punisher' tie-in game was great, and the film itself was by no means terrible (Compared to 'War Zone'). Although, I think a CGI or game engine-based film'd be the safest route. Jon St. John is, for the majority of people, the heart, soul and voice of Duke, and dubbing in a film could only work if the lip syncing was flawless. L.A. Noire was made into a 60 minute film at Tribeca (Mostly to show off the facial movement technology), it was praised highly by the majority of the people and critics who saw it, and these days it isn't impossible to make a film on a game engine as machinima directors have shown us.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 15 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Kurt Russell looks good for it.

Probably has to dye his hair blond.

User is offline   xK3NNYxB 

The new generation of buff bad ass actors is pretty bleak. They either cant act worth a shit or not to fitting for Dukes size. The only one i can see pulling it off is either vin diesel or the rock. Vin diesel overacts and the rock cant act at all but those r mine.

View PostxK3NNYxB, on 19 June 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

The new generation of buff bad ass actors is pretty bleak. They either cant act worth a shit or not to fitting for Dukes size. The only one i can see pulling it off is either vin diesel or the rock. Vin diesel overacts and the rock cant act at all but those r mine.

I still say Scott Steiner.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 19 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

User is offline   xK3NNYxB 

View PostDerickVonD, on 19 June 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

Yeah I think hed be perfect actually. Just hope he can act good. Credit to the user who mentioned this earlier, a generated face with the st.john voice on him would be phenomonal

lol

I remember I was talking to Joe Siegler at the GCD and he told me that 3D Realms already had chosen Howie Long to play Duke. Never happened since, according to him, Hollywood wanted Duke to be seen without his shades, and 3DR basically said fuck off.

View PostEngel220, on 14 June 2011 - 06:09 AM, said:

Thomas Jane would actually stand a decent chance, his voicework on the 'Punisher' tie-in game was great, and the film itself was by no means terrible (Compared to 'War Zone').

Hey yeah what a great choice. He was by far the best Punisher.

View PostDerickVonD, on 14 June 2011 - 06:09 AM, said:

Errrrrrr dude, no dis respect, but errr he can't ACT!!!

Yes he is physically right for the role, as well as having a bad enough attiude, but he couldn't ACT his way out of a paper bag.

That happens a lot, with musclely roles, people ethier have the muscle but can't act or people who can act but haven't got the muscle or the presence required. Like Chris Evans blackharted!

Ha! take that! :)

This post has been edited by blackandbright: 04 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

View Postblackandbright, on 04 July 2011 - 11:15 AM, said:

Hey yeah what a great choice. He was by far the best Punisher.

Errrrrrr dude, no dis respect, but errr he can't ACT!!!

Yes he is physically right for the role, as well as having a bad enough attiude, but he couldn't ACT his way out of a paper bag.

That happens a lot, with musclely roles, people ethier have the muscle but can't act or people who can act but haven't got the muscle or the presence required. Like Chris Evans blackharted!

Ha! take that! :)

He doesn't really have to be that good to make it work since it's an action role. Look at Arnold, I'm a huge Arnold fan but Arnold isn't the best actor either. Arnold can do action movies but no other type of movie. I think Steiner can pull it off, since he would be playing basically a bad ass like himself.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options