Duke4.net Forums: What actor would make a great Duke Nukem? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What actor would make a great Duke Nukem?  "Remember the movie WILL happen"

User is offline   Jeager1999 

A CGI Film would be a lot better, because then Gearbox don't have to worry about the Bullshit actors can generate. Lets not forget the failed Video Game based movies there are.

User is offline   necroslut 

Let's not forget about all the awful CGI movies either.

View Postnecroslut, on Oct 12 2010, 01:31 PM, said:

Let's not forget about all the awful CGI movies either.

Fair enough.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Jesse Ventura is awesome but he isn't right to play Duke, that being said it would be nice if he played someone like the president in a Duke Nukem movie. I still say Sting (Steve Borden) is perfect for Duke if he dyes his hair blond and goes back to his old 80-early 90s hair cut.Also Hollywood would never think of casting Sting or anyone good, they'd cast someone like Matt Dillon, actually he's too masculine so they'd cast someone like Robert Pattern as mentioned before.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 15 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Jesse Ventura is also already too old to play Duke Nukem. He's practically as old as ahhnuld if not older.

Despite the fact that there are bad CGI movies I would vote for a CGI Nukem. There are bad examples of just about anything out there so I don't think that's a good argument against a CGI Nukem. IMO some plus sides to using a CGI nukem is they aren't constrained by a real person so much and you could even use Jon. St. John as the voice if you wanted. His voice is THE Duke Nukem.

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 16 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It's JON st. John. FFS. :blink:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is it too late to get Jon st. John into shape and dye his hair blond?

View PostMicky C, on Nov 20 2010, 10:23 PM, said:

Is it too late to get Jon st. John into shape and dye his hair blond?

Oh yeah. Going on the video about DNF when Jon refused to talk back in January he's aged a hell of lot.

User is offline   Piano Man 

This may sound like a dumb choice... But how about Scott William Winters...?

Played Cyril O'Reily in Oz.

http://s11.bdbphotos...880c6a0dd0c.jpg

Slap on a pair of sunglasses, dye his hair yellowish... might just work.

View PostPiano Man, on Dec 5 2010, 10:03 AM, said:

This may sound like a dumb choice... But how about Scott William Winters...?

Played Cyril O'Reily in Oz.

http://s11.bdbphotos...880c6a0dd0c.jpg

Slap on a pair of sunglasses, dye his hair yellowish... might just work.

His frame is too small, Duke is supposed to be an action hero after all.

what about Brock Lesnar?

View PostDerickVonD, on Dec 5 2010, 09:13 PM, said:

what about Brock Lesnar?

No. Just no.

no one can match duke. we just have to find the closest to him...

View PostDerickVonD, on Dec 5 2010, 11:13 PM, said:

what about Brock Lesnar?

Except the fact that he can't act his way out of a wet paper bag.
His persona over the years is very close to Duke

Triple H

this is not my choice by any means, just an observation

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Well they wouldn't necessarily need someone who matches Duke's voice they could have Jon St. John do a voice-over for an actor. A big buff blonde guy with the proper haircut would be able to take the position, but I don't watch movies all that much so I don't know any actors to fit the job.

View PostSpirrwell, on Dec 9 2010, 01:44 PM, said:

Well they wouldn't necessarily need someone who matches Duke's voice they could have Jon St. John do a voice-over for an actor. A big buff blonde guy with the proper haircut would be able to take the position, but I don't watch movies all that much so I don't know any actors to fit the job.

I've already said that on the first page and I've also detailed how this works and it's already being done in Tron: Legacy

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 9 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

I've already said that on the first page and I've also detailed how this works and it's already being done in Tron: Legacy

Could be the right thing to do, but won't be done well.

View Postcanada4duke, on Dec 9 2010, 04:24 PM, said:

Triple H

Its an action movie the acting doesnt need to be top notch just okay. Look at all of Arnolds movies. I'm an Arnold fan but he only has one character in his movies..him. lol if that makes sense.

View Postcanada4duke, on Dec 9 2010, 01:24 PM, said:

Triple H

Triple H!!!????????? FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

View PostDestiny, on Dec 16 2010, 07:49 AM, said:

Who agrees with me? Elyse Levesque? Come on, she's great!

WTF!!!! Duke is a BOY!!!

View Postblackharted, on Dec 16 2010, 07:13 AM, said:

Triple H!!!????????? FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

again - I said not my choice.

really - this guy looks pretty dam good for the role
if we could only ignore the one twilight movie he was in.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1214436/
Daniel Cudmore

• tile 1018

View PostDestiny, on Dec 18 2010, 01:38 AM, said:

But if you want a male, then why not Edward Cullen? He's the most loved male in the world, possibly even more so than Chuck Norris.

If I were anywhere near you, I'd pack you up in a box and send it to the mental hospital saying "handle with care." You're fucking insane if you want HIM or HER playing Duke Nukem. Twilight may be the most fucked up series ever made, that guy Edward Cullen is nowhere close to being an actor. You deserve to be dead.

To moderators: Ban me if you want, but I won't let someone insult Duke Nukem.

View PostSpirrwell, on Dec 17 2010, 11:29 PM, said:

If I were anywhere near you, I'd pack you up in a box and send it to the mental hospital saying "handle with care." You're fucking insane if you want HIM or HER playing Duke Nukem. Twilight may be the most fucked up series ever made, that guy Edward Cullen is nowhere close to being an actor. You deserve to be dead.

To moderators: Ban me if you want, but I won't let someone insult Duke Nukem.

Haha, If I ever got sentenced to jail for a few years and Edward Cullen happened to get jailed too, I would most likely make him my slut, man.
You call that girlie fag, a man? He can very well be the woman version of Duke too! http://forums2.duke4...tyle_emoticons/default/laugh.gif
If you want a real man to play Duke Nukem, pick Vin Diesel.

You know, even if Vin Diesel looks nothing like Duke Nukem, he did fucking star in his own game "Chronicles of the Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay" and in that game he kills with style and has awesome one liners too.
Imo, "Escape from Butcher Bay" is an EPIC fps game that also sports one liners.
Riddick as a character is also ironic to a degree and he's a bigger bad ass than Duke Nukem imo.
Duke Nukem next to Riddick is just an arrogant kid with lots of guns.
Riddick could bully Duke Nukem with his bare hands.

As much as I love Duke Nukem, Riddick is a bigger bad ass than him.
As you can see, I'm not one of those halo or cod kids that's trying to find halo or gears of war characters to rival Duke Nukem. I actually looked hard and found a relatively classic character that is both smart, stylish and could kick Duke Nukem's ass to a pulp, without necessarily using long range weapons!

The only problem with Riddick, is that his awesome game, didn't get noticed because doom3 got released at the same time as his game!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 18 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

View PostDestiny, on Dec 17 2010, 11:35 PM, said:

Duke is a boy in the games. However for the film adaptation, who says that he/she has to be a specific gender? It would most likely not be a canon film anyway. Rename Duke Nukem to "Sarah Nukem" and bingo, there you go.

Duke should be a boy in the film. No contest. EVERYONE says Duke should be a dude in the movie. They shouldn't rename Duke, there's no reason to do so.

• tile 1018

View Postblackharted, on Dec 18 2010, 12:02 PM, said:

Duke should be a boy in the film. No contest. EVERYONE says Duke should be a dude in the movie. They shouldn't rename Duke, there's no reason to do so.

Surprisingly, I agree with you this time.

Edit: You even used proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling this time. This is unbelievable.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 18 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

View PostSpirrwell, on Dec 18 2010, 09:22 AM, said:

Surprisingly, I agree with you this time.

Great.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 18 2010, 11:59 AM, said:

If you want a real man to play Duke Nukem, pick Vin Diesel.

Posted Image
The prototype of a non-actor. Even Steven Seagal has more facial expressions to offer.

View PostLeoD, on Dec 18 2010, 05:29 PM, said:

Posted Image
The prototype of a non-actor. Even Steven Seagal has more facial expressions to offer.

He's not a great actor. But his Riddick character is a cool character. At least in the game.

View PostMr.Deviance, on Dec 18 2010, 11:36 PM, said:

He's not a great actor. But his Riddick character is a cool character. At least in the game.

Yeah but were talking about acting in a live action movie, not a freaking game!!!! Vin would be terrible!

View Postblackharted, on Dec 19 2010, 03:18 PM, said:

Yeah but were talking about acting in a live action movie, not a freaking game!!!! Vin would be terrible!

The only part of a VinD movie character that I would accept is 3 radiation symbols on Duke's neck - as a F! U I'm better than you were.

-

Just to be an a$$

Posted Image

This post has been edited by canada4duke: 23 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options