Duke4.net Forums: What actor would make a great Duke Nukem? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What actor would make a great Duke Nukem?  "Remember the movie WILL happen"

Well as you read what actor do you think would make a great Duke in the movie? Dolph Lundgren and Ron Perlman, would I think be great.......20 years ago.

User is offline   Lunick 

I have no idea

View PostLunick, on Oct 4 2010, 02:18 AM, said:

I have no idea

What about oh I don't know um Chris Evans?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

There have already been lots of threads like this one, and no matter who we suggest it won't change who's going to be in the movie.

User is offline   Jinroh 

With Hollywood's current tending of so-so action starts it would be somebody like Shia LeBeouf, The Rock, or some guy from a TV show like Prison Break. Most likely they'd pick The Rock just like for the Doom movie.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 04 October 2010 - 03:19 AM

View PostJinroh, on Oct 4 2010, 03:18 AM, said:

With Hollywood's current tending of so-so action starts it would be somebody like Shia LeBeouf, The Rock, or some guy from a TV show like Prison Break. Most likely they'd pick The Rock just like for the Doom movie.

I hope none of that is true when it starts production.

User is offline   necroslut 

Dolph Lundgren would still be great, have you seen any of his recent movies? Also, Duke's older now as well (or at least he were a couple of years ago).

View Postnecroslut, on Oct 5 2010, 04:18 AM, said:

Dolph Lundgren would still be great, have you seen any of his recent movies? Also, Duke's older now as well (or at least he were a couple of years ago).

Yeah I saw the most recent Dolph movie the Expendables. Which sucked ass.

Dolph - nope not gonna happen

Any previous Action movie actor - probably not.
Since the budget is small compared to other action movies, they will have no choice but to pick someone up who is relatively unknown and willing to work for a lower wage.

I personally don't care who plays duke as long as he looks the part and gets into character properly.
However I have one condition.

If they pick some moron like Robert Pattinson- I'm gonna get medieval on their asses.

View Postcanada4duke, on Oct 5 2010, 07:39 AM, said:

Dolph - nope not gonna happen

Any previous Action movie actor - probably not.
Since the budget is small compared to other action movies, they will have no choice but to pick someone up who is relatively unknown and willing to work for a lower wage.

I personally don't care who plays duke as long as he looks the part and gets into character properly.
However I have one condition.

If they pick some moron like Robert Pattinson- I'm gonna get medieval on their asses.

*shudders over thought of Robert Pattinson and then vomits* Good point. Though as I said Ron Perlman WOULD be spot on perfect in every way if he turned the nastiness a bit...............30 years ago.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 05 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

View Postblackharted, on Oct 5 2010, 12:05 PM, said:

*shudders over thought of Robert Pattinson and then vomits* Good point. Though as I said Ron Perlman WOULD be spot on perfect in every way if he turned the nastiness a bit...............30 years ago.

30 years ago.??? - maybe Jessie Ventura

View Postcanada4duke, on Oct 5 2010, 09:31 AM, said:

30 years ago.??? - maybe Jessie Ventura

Yeah 30 years ago because Ron Perlman is in his 60's

User is offline   Sebastian 

They should make a Duke Nukem movie in style with The Unforgiven or The Dark Knight Returns with Kurt Russel as Duke. ;)

Posted Image

I've actually been working on a similar feature film script based on this idea for quite some time.

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 05 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

View PostRusty Nails, on Oct 5 2010, 01:09 PM, said:

They should make a Duke Nukem movie in style with The Unforgiven or The Dark Knight Returns with Kurt Russel as Duke. ;)

I've actually been working on a similar feature film script based on this idea for quite some time.

Sounds cool.

This post has been edited by blackharted: 06 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Guest_Pikachu_*

Dude, Kurt Russell is 59. I know Duke isn't in his 20's but damn man he sure as fuck isn't in his 60's either!

This post has been edited by Pikachu: 06 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

View PostPikachu, on Oct 6 2010, 08:18 AM, said:

Dude, Kurt Russell is 59. I know Duke isn't in his 20's but damn man he sure as fuck isn't in his 60's either!

We know. I just said Ron Perlman WOULD be perfect IF he was younger.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I don't know if anyone could really be Duke Nukem.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 06 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 6 2010, 10:16 AM, said:

I don't know if anyone could really be Duke Nukem.

Someone HAS to.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Dolph Lundgren minus 15 years would be perfect for me. While being the only possible Hellboy, Ron Perlman reminds me too much of the primitive characters he played in 'La Guerre du feu' and 'Der Name der Rose' otherwise.
Anyway, I don't think that a Duke Nukem movie would be a good idea. There is not enough story to tell besides the killing. Most video game based movies I have seen are a complete mess. (Max Payne was OK for me but I have not played the game yet.)
Now, IF a Duke movie is to be made, should we hope or fear that Uwe Boll might be the director?

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postblackharted, on Oct 6 2010, 04:16 PM, said:

Someone HAS to.

Computer animation ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 7 2010, 11:24 AM, said:

Computer animation ;)

Yeah just open fraps up and play DNF, problem solved ;)

No wonder the movie's coming out in 2011

View PostLeoD, on Oct 6 2010, 01:12 PM, said:

Dolph Lundgren minus 15 years would be perfect for me. While being the only possible Hellboy, Ron Perlman reminds me too much of the primitive characters he played in 'La Guerre du feu' and 'Der Name der Rose' otherwise.
Anyway, I don't think that a Duke Nukem movie would be a good idea. There is not enough story to tell besides the killing. Most video game based movies I have seen are a complete mess. (Max Payne was OK for me but I have not played the game yet.)
Now, IF a Duke movie is to be made, should we hope or fear that Uwe Boll might be the director?

Posted Image

That is THE stupidist thing I've ever heard in my life. OF COURSE WE SHOULD FEAR UWE BOLL AS DIRECTOR!!!!!! ;)

This post has been edited by blackharted: 07 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

User is offline   Alexx 

Im not sure who has the acting ability to play duke..but this guy sure looks the part...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZBLImYf-A...feature=related

View PostReaperMan, on Oct 7 2010, 03:54 AM, said:

Computer animation ;)

Or "regular" animation. The Sin movie was pretty cool.

User is offline   Hank 

He should be a real hero type. Like this one!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/o05...i1/101_3891.jpg

not sure how to upload - but I truly think, that guy would be great in a DNF4567 movies.

It's time for turkey, well thanks giving long weekend ;)

View Postnecroslut, on Oct 8 2010, 02:51 PM, said:

Or "regular" animation. The Sin movie was pretty cool.

Weren't that great.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Sting(the wrestler) should play Duke Nukem

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5Mn-Bs8tn9k
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5MdapCW4O1Q

View Postblackharted, on Oct 9 2010, 03:50 PM, said:

Weren't that great.

I didn't say it was great, I said it was "pretty cool".
Anyway, I think the style might work for Duke.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 09 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

What actor would look like Duke or what actor would be best for a Duke Nukem movie?
If you are thinking about a movie, then I think no actor should ever be allowed to play Duke Nukem, because no actor would be able to talk with John St Johns voice.
Also, a Duke Nukem movie would imply that Duke talks more than just 20 one liners right? If Duke starts talking too much, he would stop being Duke I guess.
But I do have an idea here, at how a Duke Nukem movie would work!
His face could be computer generated over a real actor or stuntman's body and play through the entire movie being voiced by John St John and have his mouth lip synced to john st john's voice.
In the new movie Tron Legacy, they've made a Jeff Bridges clone character that looks 40 and plays through the entire movie! They achieved that, by computer generating his face from scratch and turning it into a 3d mask and adding it on top of a younger actor's body.
When he talks, the real Jeff Bridges voices that younger computer generated face mask of hisemlf and the entire shit becomes very credible and looks phenomenal (though to a trained eye, it's still pretty easy to notice what's happened there)
Here, take a look at his face in this trailer to see how good this tech works.
http://www.youtube.c...pvP8NVI8xs&hd=1
I really want to see such a thing used in future movies made after games.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 October 2010 - 11:51 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

MrDeviance said:

His face could be computer generated over a real actor or stuntman's body and play through the entire movie being voiced by John St John and have his mouth lip synced to john st john's voice.

I really like this idea.

Also, someone who says Expendables sucked has no bearing on what makes a good actor for Duke Nukem.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options