• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exploring Duke Nukem 3D XBLA

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostCommando Nukem, on Aug 19 2010, 09:17 PM, said:

I dont like your attitude. Do you understand? :wacko:

Dont make me come over there and work you over, ReaperMan.

Oh, another keyboard typing tough guy, eh? :)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostVinsaneOne, on Aug 19 2010, 11:46 PM, said:

Oh, another keyboard typing tough guy, eh? :wacko:

Oh... You want some too? C'mon.

User is offline   SwissCm 

Let us all have some ice-cream!

User is offline   Stubbs31 

Oh come on no more fightin i've changed so i dont get pissed off as easy as i used to

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostStubbs31, on Aug 20 2010, 01:26 PM, said:

Oh come on no more fightin i've changed so i dont get pissed off as easy as i used to

To my knowledge, nobody is fighting. :wacko:

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I didn't see any fighting. :wacko:

User is offline   Cipher 

View PostSwissCm, on Aug 20 2010, 02:15 PM, said:

Let us all have some ice-cream!

That wouldn't by any chance happen to be a Bob and George reference, would it?

View PostCommando Nukem, on Aug 20 2010, 04:55 PM, said:

To my knowledge, nobody is fighting. :wacko:

Just then, Commando Nukem cracks Vinsaneone's monitor with a hard right!

User is offline   Gambini 

It would be cool if all you move the joking somewhere else so this topic stays for the ones who care about TX vs. 3dRealms issue.

(Unless you want all your asses kicked)

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostGambini, on Aug 22 2010, 01:14 AM, said:

It would be cool if all you move the joking somewhere else so this topic stays for the ones who care about TX vs. 3dRealms issue.

Werrd.

View PostGambini, on Aug 21 2010, 11:14 AM, said:

Your right and all joking aside, this is a fight between those two alone. And the results play upon the arena it's fought in. TX has every right to be pissed and I hope his issue is addressed properly, and hopefully out of court. Getting no response from 3dr at all IMO is like saying go fu*k yourself. So the thought of wanting to put a fist into someones grill is very likely. That's cause for everyone getting riled up here, jokingly of course.

User is offline   Kathy 

He did get the response from George. But not the result.

View PostTX, on Jul 31 2010, 02:20 PM, said:

Nope, let it be known that Broussard completely blew me off.

View PostTX, on Aug 14 2010, 06:01 PM, said:

It's a little bit more than that. I submitted enough patches to JFDuke3D to get my name added to the credits screen; the fact that they removed all GPL notices and all visible traces of who actually developed it, barring a misspelling of JonoF's name, is total copyright infringement. And, honestly, I cared less before Broussard pretended to care about resolving it and blew me off.

Now I kind of feel like I personally have an axe to grind. No matter the scale, the simple facts are 3DR took GPL code I wrote, removed the copyright notice from it, removed my name from it, built it into a closed binary, sold it and made money off it, and then dicked me around when I got irritated and wanted to resolve the situation. Fuck that.

View PostLotan, on Aug 22 2010, 05:47 AM, said:

He did get the response from George. But not the result.

Yea, maybe, if you can call that a response. TX's quote at the top is what stuck in my mind.

User is offline   Kathy 

Having a dialogue with Broussard on the phone was a response.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yes, but no phone call with GB ever happened. He asked me for my number and acted like he was going to call me and sort things out and then he just didn't do it.

Btw, the Microsoft avenue didn't pan out. The Microsoft Xbox Live director of programming guy forwarded my email along to someone who handles a lot of the XNA stuff on XBLA to see if they would know and unfortunately I was met with the response that to even try to do anything about this from the Microsoft angle would require physically mailing them letters with tons of details on the actual infringement. I guess I should have expected that... they're not really in the business of easily enabling people to try and convince them to pull a product. :wacko:

I guess I still have another pissed off email draft to GB that I could fire off. I might have a guy on AIM who spends some reasonable amount of time dealing with GPL issues so I'll probably see what he thinks about it if I talk to him anytime soon.

So, that's where things are at the moment...

User is offline   Gambini 

I wish you all the luck. May George Broussac (or whatever it´s spelled) learn a lesson.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

What a scoundrel.

User is offline   Jblade 

I really wish I knew this before I bought it, because now I regret giving 3DR some of my money.

Maybe you can ask them they need to do something for you , like offer you a trip to 3DR or to see the DNF before everyone else , or what ... something about rewarding you about the DN3D code , fact is , as you can see they needed money for DNF , so you might just help a freaking lot saving the DNF

But they need to make it up to you just because they were behaving like this , they shuld have asked you for help or if they can use it , so you would agree in terms of helping DNF , or at least wanting something back.

You say this you want something cool from them ... and with DNF , i don't know , or threat them with suing (which you may actually win, but it sounds weird why would we suing the guys that actually did DNF the greatest game since like 8 years)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The fuck are you on about?

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Sep 16 2010, 04:39 PM, said:

The fuck are you on about?

The DNF! (the greatest game since like 8 years) :)

This post has been edited by Zor: 16 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostZor, on Sep 16 2010, 04:18 PM, said:

The DNF! (the greatest game since like 8 years) :)

1. You don't need "The" in front of a proper noun unless it has a common noun as its root. For example:

Duke Nukem Forever
The Fucking Awesome Pack

2. 13 years.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Going on 14...

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Strange, I could have SWORN I've seen JonoF's name in the XBLA Port Credits.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostStrikerMan780, on Sep 19 2010, 03:28 PM, said:

Strange, I could have SWORN I've seen JonoF's name in the XBLA Port Credits.

It is.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Unfortunately, all the other names in the JFDuke3D credits were removed, and JonoF's isn't even spelled right.

User is offline   RazorZ 

View PostTX, on Sep 19 2010, 09:51 PM, said:

Unfortunately, all the other names in the JFDuke3D credits were removed, and JonoF's isn't even spelled right.

So they were in hurry... for money? :(

Oh dear, where is this world going... :(

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options