Duke4.net Forums: Dukebike mod - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dukebike mod  "Christmas gift of Duke, his bike"

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

Hi all, I present you, the Dukebike, 2x faster than an RPG rocket :lol: I still have some work to do, I release this when it's done

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KIA0qPxJ28I

User is offline   supergoofy 

It's very impressive. Amazing job, and the physics and movement of the bike are like in GTA:SA and GTA:IV games, (though I haven't played GTA:IV - I saw only videos).

Man, you have definitely found one thing to add ABSOLUTELY on Duke Theft Auto, maybe can be a Duke Plus custom map feature. Great Job.

User is offline   Spiker 

big thumbs up :lol:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's amazing! Professional quality physics, and I know you had to code them from scratch because Duke 3D has no physics worth mentioning. I've been feeling a little sad lately about the downturn in community activity, but this goes to show that Duke still has some life left.

If I made something that awesome, I would be annoyed to see posts about how it should be added to other people's mods, especially when it's not even released yet.

Duke is not dead. What's dead is vanilla Duke. Hardly any levels are being made for the original game, which is fine. What's sad is that a lot of mappers seem to have drifted away from the community instead of making the transition to mapping for mods and TCs. I really hope that some level designers come forward and offer to help make maps for this. I'm sure you plan to make some levels yourself, but it's a lot of work for one person.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostDeeperThought, on Dec 21 2009, 09:01 AM, said:

That's amazing! Professional quality physics, and I know you had to code them from scratch because Duke 3D has no physics worth mentioning. I've been feeling a little sad lately about the downturn in community activity, but this goes to show that Duke still has some life left.

If I made something that awesome, I would be annoyed to see posts about how it should be added to other people's mods, especially when it's not even released yet.

Duke is not dead. What's dead is vanilla Duke. Hardly any levels are being made for the original game, which is fine. What's sad is that a lot of mappers seem to have drifted away from the community instead of making the transition to mapping for mods and TCs. I really hope that some level designers come forward and offer to help make maps for this. I'm sure you plan to make some levels yourself, but it's a lot of work for one person.

I wrote the code so it is easily incorporated into any mod, it does not bother me. It is true that I was a little annoyed to create a good map for this mod, I hoped that mod gives mappers want to create beautiful map and race

I see, this bike has pretty advanced physics, really impressive thing. :lol: Once some years ago I tried myself to make a bike in EDuke32 but the project was abandoned, and my bike was made of voxels what means it wasn't able to rotate this way, following a terrain, so I was restricted to the first person view. And your motorcycle does this fine. But I hope, you'll make its fork rotate smoothly.

Great job!

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

I wanted to make a complaint ... since the last build of EDuke32, the angle is changed when Duke strafe left / right, it is true that much nicer. But the problem is that, is hard coded and there is no way to completely remove this effect. I managed to compensate angle when Duke is on the bike but it still moves.. this is really annoying. they are no way to add this in Angoff structure member to control it? I hope that is understandable sorry for bad English ...

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

That was pretty much amazing.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMuelsa, on Dec 21 2009, 10:00 AM, said:

I wanted to make a complaint ... since the last build of EDuke32, the angle is changed when Duke strafe left / right, it is true that much nicer. But the problem is that, is hard coded and there is no way to completely remove this effect. I managed to compensate angle when Duke is on the bike but it still moves.. this is really annoying. they are no way to add this in Angoff structure member to control it? I hope that is understandable sorry for bad English ...

I haven't noticed that, but in general I agree it's really annoying when things like that are hardcoded in.

View PostMuelsa, on Dec 21 2009, 09:19 AM, said:

Hi all, I present you, the Dukebike, 2x faster than an RPG rocket :lol: I still have some work to do, I release this when it's done

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KIA0qPxJ28I

That's Awesome!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Excellent work! :lol:

View PostDeeperThought, on Dec 21 2009, 11:01 AM, said:

I've been feeling a little sad lately about the downturn in community activity, but this goes to show that Duke still has some life left.

Me too, but the community is still pretty limited on those who make actual contributions.

View PostDeeperThought, on Dec 21 2009, 11:01 AM, said:

Even though I'm a newb to mapster, I'm still a vanilla mapper, but it's hard to finish a project when I go to school from 6 am to 1 pm then work until 11pm every night five days a week and put in 8 hour work shifts every Saturday and Sunday. The current map I'm working on will probably get cut short if I want to release it because it won't get finished otherwise.

If I wasn't so hammered on my schedule I'd offer to make a "mario cart" styled map for this where players race around a track, pick up stuff, and shoot each other off their bikes.

User is offline   Sebastian 

Astounding stuff, great job! Can't wait to see this code being used in maps further on.

User is offline   gt1750 

Wow, that's some amazing stuff right there. I like the bike model :lol:

User is offline   Stabs 

very pro, the way dukes head moves when you turn, the sound was perfect, it moved and looked great all the way through :lol:

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

That's awesome. Please enjoy your complementary custom title as a symbol of how impressive this is. :lol:

Also, I am sure the community will pick back up once the new multiplayer code is stable and polished.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Friggin' rad. Can't wait to see until those physics are fully polished.

User is offline   t1ck 

wow this is amazing.

just a stupid question from a nub programmer: wasnt creating this from scratch not harder than just using an existing engine(like bullet or similar)?

User is offline   Gambini 

This is amazing, i would like to make a road map for this bikemod, but what i would really love to do is modeling a good Triumph Bonneville T100 :lol:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Gambini: 21 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

Amazing. The slope adjustment is awesome. Will there be a first person mode, too?

User is offline   MetHy 

Man this looks really cool. What do you plan to do with it?

If there ever is a mini online mutliplayer bike racing mod (you know like Speedtrax Racing), and I mean a stable one, I'll try to make a short and fun course for it.

What about something like Road Rash, using weapons and shit while spitting out Duke quotes ?
That would totally be in the spirit of Duke.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 22 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostTX, on Dec 21 2009, 02:38 PM, said:

That's awesome. Please enjoy your complementary custom title as a symbol of how impressive this is. :lol:

Also, I am sure the community will pick back up once the new multiplayer code is stable and polished.

This is a real Bad mother fucker complementary custom title, I am honored :lol:

View PostUsurper, on Dec 21 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

Amazing. The slope adjustment is awesome. Will there be a first person mode, too?

yeah you can play in a first person mode, ... but I have not yet set the camera correctly, unfortunately there is always a lag with the speed of actors with this engine, even if they have the same coordinates xy and (XVEL) velocity. This greatly complicates things

View PostMetHy, on Dec 22 2009, 04:35 AM, said:

Man this looks really cool. What do you plan to do with it?

If there ever is a mini online mutliplayer bike racing mod (you know like Speedtrax Racing), and I mean a stable one, I'll try to make a short and fun course for it.

What about something like Road Rash, using weapons and shit while spitting out Duke quotes ?
That would totally be in the spirit of Duke.

we can use the weapon while it is on the motorcycle, pickup object etc. .. the bike can also suffer damage. After, you have to work your imagination to know what to do

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMuelsa, on Dec 22 2009, 09:07 AM, said:

unfortunately there is always a lag with the speed of actors with this engine, even if they have the same coordinates xy and (XVEL) velocity. This greatly complicates things

I'm not sure what you mean, but that might be fixable in EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES. Could you elaborate?

In vanilla duke there's a first person motorcycle sprite, remeber the "Born To Be Raid" tv spot? i guess we can exploit it. I don't remeber the tile number yet.

User is offline   Muelsa 

• Bad Mother Fucker

View PostDeeperThought, on Dec 22 2009, 09:15 AM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean, but that might be fixable in EVENT_ANIMATESPRITES. Could you elaborate?

I think I have already tried that, it would be great to finally settle this problem

User is online   blizzart 

This is so awesome!!!
A Stunts or Carmageddon mod comes to my mind as I´m watching this.

on the plus side, maybe someone will actually try to finish that DukeKart mod now! ( not that this isn't already fucking cool)

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 24 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

User is offline   Marcho 

Amazing!How in the hell build engine can possibly do such things? :lol:

User is offline   Merlijn 

It looks amazing! :lol:

@ DT: well, we have newer mappers like Spiker and Dan M who take advantage of the newer features. I personally still love to build for vanilla duke, but working with Dukeplus is also a lot of fun (I must say the dukeplus features are very user-friendly and easy to implement!). Maybe, after Imperium, I can make a map incorporating the dukebike, who knows. :lol:

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options