• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WG Realms 2 Episode 1 Released!

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostDeeperThought, on Jan 1 2010, 10:05 PM, said:

But that's not the kind of teleporting that I mean. When his health reaches certain amounts he is coded to instantly teleport to the locations of certain statues that are scattered around in a large area. (...) I wonder if you have the old version.

In my experience the boss uses that kind of teleporting right from the beginning. My download is dated 11-14-2009...
Anyway, since a video is worth more than a thousand words:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GawfpKbj_vU
This highlights another problem I'm having with the boss: the spikes and sheets of ice that can get you trapped hamper the game flow IMO. In contrast, the huge intermediate demon boss is great... you have a large area to roam around and plenty of weapons!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHelixhorned, on Jan 2 2010, 04:53 PM, said:

In my experience the boss uses that kind of teleporting right from the beginning. My download is dated 11-14-2009...
Anyway, since a video is worth more than a thousand words:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GawfpKbj_vU
This highlights another problem I'm having with the boss: the spikes and sheets of ice that can get you trapped hamper the game flow IMO. In contrast, the huge intermediate demon boss is great... you have a large area to roam around and plenty of weapons!

I see. It looks like you had been fighting him for a while before that movie, and he had already teleported to different locations and transformed the statues. I'll probably tweak him a bit before episode 2 is released, but we're not going to release any new versions until then.

User is offline   Sangman 

Shit it never occurred to me that that wizard was the final boss. Nice climax though, really tough enemy to beat.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSangman, on Jan 2 2010, 05:35 PM, said:

Shit it never occurred to me that that wizard was the final boss.

It would be kind of hard not to notice that....if you beat him and saw the ending of the episode.

User is offline   Sangman 

Well, I mean, I noticed it, but never really thought about it. I know it sounds weird. :lol:

• Duke Plus Developer

I have updated the copy of WGR2.zip at this link so that it includes the newest EDuke32. This fixes a sound related lock-up that was a major nuisance for many players.

Anyone who is hosting WGR2, please update. Thanks.

Cool! I have uploaded it to replace our MODDB download, its waiting authorization, also at two.wgrealms.com and wg.duke4.net

The last upload needing to be replaced is http://dukeworld.duk...c/wgr2/WGR2.zip I guess TX or one of th staff will need to replace that one.

This post has been edited by William Gee: 04 January 2010 - 10:38 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

I re-uploaded it because of another fix to eduke32.exe (it was impossible to enable music if music was disabled). So mirrors should be updated once again...

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options