Duke4.net Forums: --Resident Evil Mod-- - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

--Resident Evil Mod--

User is offline   darkcaleb 

I see that at 3drealms and amc not allot people are coming anymore so I thought why not post it here.
Let me introduce my resident evil mod, the mod that I have been working now for a long time now.

I'm still thinking about wich character I should use because of the story, I have Leon S Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Hunk maybe or Ada Wong. The story would be like that you have to infiltrate The Hive and you have to get a sample of the G-Virus and the T-Virus and get enough evidence to proof what Umbrella is doing is wrong. With Hunk and Ada Wong you would have to get the G-virus and T-Virus so you could give it to Albert Wesker but with Chris Redfield and Leon S Kennedy you would have the story above, so I don't know yet :o .

We'll see what i can digg up ;)

Untill now check out these screens that i posted a long time ago on AMC and 3drealms.

Enjoy for now.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0002.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0003.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0004.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0005.jpg
  • Attached Image: duke0007.jpg

Looks nice man
Good job !

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Looks nice! Now let's see some zombies.

User is offline   Stabs 

Good work! captured that corporate look perfectly

so is it taking the path of minimal ammo survival or MINIGUN BLOOD BATH!

Well i'm getting this topic back from the dead. I'm back with a update not only for the Resident Evil Mod but A couple of other projects i'm working on. Since I lost allot of data in the past i recovered a couple maps that i updating now. These are 4 projects i'm working on and some are getting close to completion, I'm still working on the Resident Evil Mod, I have a Futuristic map that needs to be finished. Matrix map is getting allong almost done with the map and finally the Gotham City 4 episode map. If everthing goes well i'll have something hopefully coming out this year. Hopefully more then one project.

Matrix:
Posted Image

Resident Evil:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gotham City:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Future City:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Let me know what you think. Everything haven't been giving any shades yet and allot places needs to be retextured and updated.

User is offline   MetHy 

I see you're getting inspiration from Tim Burton's Batman :(

View PostMetHy, on 02 February 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

I see you're getting inspiration from Tim Burton's Batman :(

Yep! Tim Burton Batman movies where inspiration as well as The Dark Knight from Christopher Nolan and ofcourse the Arkham games. I always wondered how a map would look like based on Gotham City and i haven't seen much maps around not only duke but doom, half life, quake or unreal.

User is offline   MetHy 

Tim Burton's Batman influenced the batman universe quite a lot but there isn't much let in Nolan's if you ask me, except the "dark" theme but it's done in a very different way. Nolan's main influence was Year One

View PostMetHy, on 02 February 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

Tim Burton's Batman influenced the batman universe quite a lot but there isn't much let in Nolan's if you ask me, except the "dark" theme but it's done in a very different way. Nolan's main influence was Year One

Yeah i know, if you would combine these two you would have a awesome batman movie, but every director has his own vision. Mine is pure based on the real Batman dark Gotham City. :(

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Is that last shot the apartment from The Fifth Element?

View PostPlagman, on 02 February 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Is that last shot the apartment from The Fifth Element?

Yes it is! Have been making a allot a changes since I ever started this map.

These shots look great! Can't wait to see more of your work :(

User is offline   Nukey 

This is very impressive work!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Wow. Those are some amazing screens. Well done indeed!. That's some pretty ambitious stuff to be pulling off with Eduke32. Right up there with Duke Nukem Eternity.

This is cool, I love the Resident Evil games. Cant wait to see your zombies.

Back with a little update. I have been working and working on the Resident Evil mod and it's getting somewhere :( . I trying to get allot of locations inside one map hopefully that will work :D . These are just two shots in progress ---->

Laser Room:

Posted Image

Loading Bay B Security Checkpoint:

Posted Image

Update on the Gotham Episode, trying to use allot of models for the locations to make it look less empty. This is a club inside the first map. Check it out

Posted Image

I'm here today to inform you something. I have been thinking these last couple of days and a came with a conclusion. I have been working on allot of projects these last couple of years and I'm not going anywhere near completion. :) That's why I desisted to to stop working on any projects that I have been working. So I'll share everything with the community from everything I have. If you want to make use of the maps/models/textures let me know first and try to give me credit for anything that I have worked on. In hour or so I will upload 4 BIG files to my Drop box. If your having trouble downloading it LET ME KNOW!

Thats sad to hear man =/ I was looking forward to some projects you were working on. Maybe you should try and focus on one project at a time and create something playable like a trial or demo. On the other hand it's good you release what you have, cuz a lot of stuff has been lost through the past when people abandoned their work.
Still... sad to hear you quit.

View PostSimon_Croes, on 24 March 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

Thats sad to hear man =/ I was looking forward to some projects you were working on. Maybe you should try and focus on one project at a time and create something playable like a trial or demo. On the other hand it's good you release what you have, cuz a lot of stuff has been lost through the past when people abandoned their work.
Still... sad to hear you quit.

Well I did whatever I could. I don't know what I will do in the future. Maybe I'll make a singleplayer map in the future without content, don't know yet. But for now I need to release this maybe someone could work on it or I don't know... :)

LIKE I SAID BEFORE! IF ANYBODY WANTS TO MAKE USE OF ANY OF THESE CONTENT! LET ME KNOW!!!

This post has been edited by darkcaleb: 01 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm downloading now. I've let a couple of unfinished projects go too. It sucks for a while. I remember seeing some really good pics of your progress.

In case others have stuff to release please remember there is an "unfinished content" thread somewhere in the forums for this stuff.

EDIT: You should have removed the "textures" file from those projects before uploading. Some of those files are huge!!! Also I think you might have accidently left the Duke3D.GRP file in one of them.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 24 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postdarkcaleb, on 24 March 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

I'm here today to inform you something. I have been thinking these last couple of days and a came with a conclusion. I have been working on allot of projects these last couple of years and I'm not going anywhere near completion. :) That's why I desisted to to stop working on any projects that I have been working. So I'll share everything with the community from everything I have. If you want to make use of the maps/models/textures let me know first and try to give me credit for anything that I have worked on. In hour or so I will upload 4 BIG files to my Drop box. If your having trouble downloading it LET ME KNOW!

Because you've got lots of projects, you decide to stop working on all your projects? Wouldn't it be a good idea to continue with at least one of them using the extra time you have from not working on the others?

View PostMicky C, on 24 March 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Because you've got lots of projects, you decide to stop working on all your projects? Wouldn't it be a good idea to continue with at least one of them using the extra time you have from not working on the others?

Well I have been thinking about maybe sooner or later that I would like to start something more simple. Maybe a singleplayer map that doesn't have any
references to any movie or games. These theme's have always been my inspiration but, somehow they keep me getting stuck at certain points somehow. So I don't know what I will do in the future... Who knows!! But right know I am satisfied with this choice I made. If anyone has good ideas let me know!

User is offline   Gambini 

I see a perfect fit for the Fusion TC if Diaz is interested. I mean adding lot of movies references to a Tc which is basically a big reference to many games...

I understand your feelings. I would have done something different though. While not very elegant I would have merged them into one single project and let it live its own life. I have released many ideas-mashup projects and hardly anybody complained about the inconsistency :)

What you just did is spoling a lot of your work and creativty. I´m not downloading this but most of those that will do, will just give it a quick go and say bah... it´s unfinished.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm going through the Gotham City project first. After being dazzled by the awesomeness of those maps I'm screaming at you now. This can't go unfinished.

Its a huge undertaking and I think that even with the massive amount of effort already put into it, it would still need a whole lot more to finish. How about a cut down version which would be more managable. I understand it would be some tough decisions on what to leave out but I think it could be done. Please don't give up on this one. After seeing how great this looks you might even get someone to ask to help out. Who knows?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

pity.
hope it doesn't go to waste.

should've gone with what Gambini said, or at least released them as playable demos like pyp.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMark., on 24 March 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

EDIT: You should have removed the "textures" file from those projects before uploading. Some of those files are huge!!!

This...

darkcaleb]

LIKE I SAID BEFORE! IF ANYBODY WANTS TO MAKE USE OF ANY OF THESE CONTENT! LET ME KNOW!!!
[/font]
[font="tahoma, arial, sans-serif"] [/font][font="tahoma, arial, sans-serif"]There's a chance I might want to use textures from "The Fith Element" for a small EDuke project at a later time, provided you'd be OK with that? Full credit for them would go to you and any other artist that was responsible for their existence of course. Though it's always a shame to see a project be abandoned like this.[/font]

View PostGambini, on 24 March 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

I see a perfect fit for the Fusion TC if Diaz is interested. I mean adding lot of movies references to a Tc which is basically a big reference to many games...

I understand your feelings. I would have done something different though. While not very elegant I would have merged them into one single project and let it live its own life. I have released many ideas-mashup projects and hardly anybody complained about the inconsistency :)

What you just did is spoling a lot of your work and creativty. I´m not downloading this but most of those that will do, will just give it a quick go and say bah... it´s unfinished.

Yeah I was thinking about asking Daiz and his project how it would fit somehow in Fusion.

View PostMark., on 24 March 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

I'm going through the Gotham City project first. After being dazzled by the awesomeness of those maps I'm screaming at you now. This can't go unfinished.

Its a huge undertaking and I think that even with the massive amount of effort already put into it, it would still need a whole lot more to finish. How about a cut down version which would be more managable. I understand it would be some tough decisions on what to leave out but I think it could be done. Please don't give up on this one. After seeing how great this looks you might even get someone to ask to help out. Who knows?

Thanx! You know what the problem is that I have, is that I spend allot time in details. I am a pretty much A perfectionist about details. You can see that in my mods. I try to add allot detail to every section, I mean that's how I map. Gotham was something pretty much a place close to my heart. I was always wondering about how would Gotham City look in Duke Nukem. Maybe I will do something with this later on someday. Right know I don't know yet. If I do comeback to this, I would need a good plot and a story to begin with. Otherwise it wouldn't be a good idea to start with.

Who knows!! :)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options