• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 problems and bugs  "Please post them exclusively here"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMarked, on Dec 29 2009, 05:38 PM, said:

I agree with Nexus. Who is next?

I bitched about this before so I'm on board for it's removal.

User is online   Mark 

I want to use some animated flames textures in my map. I place them above floor level to align them to where I want them to be. But in the game they drop back to floor level. Is there an easy workaround for that? It also happens with the flame pots.

This post has been edited by Marked: 23 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostMarked, on Jan 4 2010, 02:06 AM, said:

I want to use some animated flames textures in my map. I place them above floor level to align them to where I want them to be. But in the game they drop back to floor level. Is there an easy workaround for that? It also happens with the flame pots.

Are you able to place them on a blocking floor aligned sprite in mid air?
If so, try that and make it one sided so you can't see it from below.

User is online   Mark 

Good idea but it didn't work. Thanks. I'm guessing the flames are coded to the floor so they work properly when created by an explosion in the game.

EDIT: I ended up making an extremely small sector,the minimum size in mapster, and placing it behind the large statue sprite and raised it to the needed height. Then I placed the flame sprite on top of this new sector. The tiny line is hardly noticable in the game since there is blocking in the map that doesn't let you get real close to the statue. This trick will not look right in other smaller indoor areas of my map where I want to have the flames hanging from the ceiling in a chained pot sprite I made.

This post has been edited by Marked: 03 January 2010 - 09:57 AM

View PostMarked, on Jan 4 2010, 05:57 AM, said:

Good idea but it didn't work. Thanks. I'm guessing the flames are coded to the floor so they work properly when created by an explosion in the game.

EDIT: I ended up making an extremely small sector,the minimum size in mapster, and placing it behind the large statue sprite and raised it to the needed height. Then I placed the flame sprite on top of this new sector. The tiny line is hardly noticable in the game since there is blocking in the map that doesn't let you get real close to the statue. This trick will not look right in other smaller indoor areas of my map where I want to have the flames hanging from the ceiling in a chained pot sprite I made.

Yeah, both these actors have the "fall" command in there command, which makes them fall to the ground if the are spawned in mid air.

Due to a problem on my end, I have had to re-scale all my maps in Duke Theft Auto by 200% (Two times there original size)

Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I also changed a mass of texture sizes in my def files by 2X (64 > 128 etc) for editing reasons, and so now every single sprite, wall aligned texture etc is double the size of what they need to be.

I need some way of resetting every single sprite and wall textures size to there default value. Other wise it's going to take me quite some time to go through each map resetting them using the "/" key.

Ive tried looking at that Mapster32 script stuff but I can't even get that damn tutorial map to work as it is.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Whoops, I messed up big time and included the old BuildScript example map. It's fixed now. Take a look at the end of a.m32 for the code you'll likely want. Although, woudn't it be easier to resize them by scripting in the first place?

View PostHelixhorned, on Jan 5 2010, 03:43 AM, said:

Whoops, I messed up big time and included the old BuildScript example map. It's fixed now. Take a look at the end of a.m32 for the code you'll likely want. Although, woudn't it be easier to resize them by scripting in the first place?

Thanks man, this worked just how I wanted it to.
Took me a few minutes to work out I had to "DO state resetallws" and not "ENABLEEVENT resetallws"
But I see how the script works now and I might make use of these features in future.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Not really the right thread for this, but I can't find a better one...

Is there a way to start a mapster script besides opening the console and typing "include <scriptname>" ? Maybe it supports a command line for scripts?

• EDuke32 Developer

"include <scriptname>" doesn't exactly "start" a script but only compiles it. The fine thing is that you can edit your .m32 file and "include" it in the middle of a mapping session, and it will recompile all state and event code. The actual execution of the bytecode takes place either from the OSD by using the "do" OSD command (as in "do state convlights", but any valid m32script code will do -- I think that's what you mean by "command line for scripts"?), or from events, if the respective one is activated (using "enableevent").

User is offline   Spiker 

Crashing bug when switching between 2d/3d mode. It happens very rarely but it's quite regular. I would say that it happens after about an hour of mapping or so. And it says that I should report it so here is the log.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostSpiker, on Jan 8 2010, 11:08 AM, said:

Crashing bug when switching between 2d/3d mode. It happens very rarely but it's quite regular. I would say that it happens after about an hour of mapping or so. And it says that I should report it so here is the log.

Been reported before:

View PostForge, on Dec 12 2009, 08:30 AM, said:

Happens when switching from 2d to 3d or 3d to 2d and when loading a map:

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library:

Runtime Error!
Program:
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Mapster32 is being used in a windowed mode.

Doesn't matter if mapster is windowed or full screen. My log shows nothing. I need one of those dump file capturing programs.

User is offline   Stabs 

quite familiar with that one myself

about 20 mins for polymer render mode to do that, and 40mins - 1 hour for polymost on average

This a big thread, so sorry if any of this was already posted.

Adding and removing lights corrupts the lighting data, causing random lights to go dead. Restarting Mapster resets it.

Switching between 2d and 3d mode with Polymer gets stuck at a black screen after a few times. It still responds to keyboard input, and I can return to 2d mode, but 3d mode won't ever show itself again.

Adding or removing lights won't take effect until 3d mode is re-entered, but this is minor.

(r1582)

This post has been edited by Dr. Kylstein: 10 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

Agreed on the big thread, but I find this bothersome in the new breakthrough mapster.

You MUST use left shift + mouse in order to pan textures. That bothers me since I am still old fashioned and like to use Left Shift + keypad arrow keys to pan. Its way too touchy and takes more time aligning them using mouse than it takes just to use the shift + keypad.

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostAndrew Hunt, on Jan 11 2010, 08:39 PM, said:

You MUST use left shift + mouse in order to pan textures.

You needn't. It's just that panning with Shift+KP5+KP8/2, but not +KP4/6, is blocked on the keyboard wiring level (see "Keyboards Are Evil"). So unless you've got a nonstandard keyboard or want to solder one yourself, it seems you're out of luck ;).

I got a USB 2.0 standard keyboard (so I can hit up to 8 buttons at once)

It will pan for the floors but not the walls, it will only stretch. Even does that on my laptop with the fcn + u or fcn + o and my dad's serial keyboard.

Works just fine if I fire up Build in Dosbox.

User is offline   Sangman 

I had this problem as well and it was because some of my keys just didn't get recognized by Mapster, so I had to remap them. (check mapster32.cfg at the bottom for info on how to do that)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Posted Image

I tried messing around with SOS or ROR or whatever it is in this case, and I have this problem. I want to get rid of that wall which goes to the ceiling so it looks like how it does for the rest of the raised bit. The wall is one sided, and I can't seem to get rid of it, any ideas?

This is intended for a passageway leading into a pool with transparent water, and I have another version of this map which uses the original SE 7 method of making water for that bit. Should I just stick with the old method instead of messing about with all this SOS?

View PostMicky C, on Jan 27 2010, 02:55 PM, said:

This is intended for a passageway leading into a pool with transparent water, and I have another version of this map which uses the original SE 7 method of making water for that bit. Should I just stick with the old method instead of messing about with all this SOS?

Uh, you have looked at that ROR.MAP included in EDuke32 snapshots right?
Why don't you just use that method.

• Honored Donor

Duke still seems to be teleported to another part of the map when he goes under water. The only thing I've noticed different about it is the SE 40 (what does that do?) I guess I'll have to stick to that method anyway since actual SOS isn't working for me.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

SE40 is used to link the ROR sectors...

This mapster bug I have is pissing me off.

Posted Image

If you notice, compare the current object to where the mouse is.

It is off like that anywhere I have the mouse. It seems to be 20 pixels too high.

Anyway to fix that issue? Changing resolutions doesn't.

• EDuke32 Developer

In the classic and Polymer renderers, the mouse aiming is pixel-perfect, while in Polymost it's not.

User is offline   Stabs 

can the mapster bug that only allows you to enter 3 extra digits in 3d mode please be fixed

• EDuke32 Developer

Fixed. The maximum was 1024 before and is now 65536, same as walls and ceilings/floors.

• Honored Donor

View PostTX, on Jan 28 2010, 09:07 AM, said:

SE40 is used to link the ROR sectors...

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh, I only just looked at that map for the first time without polymer and I see the difference <_<

Is there any official documentation on this and SE 46 which I also saw? I want to have a play around with them when I have time.

Edit: I mean, is that only for water or can we do actual ROR somehow?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 March 2010 - 02:46 AM

• Honored Donor

Is there a way for me to change the hi-tag of a group of selected sprites at the same time?

I want to make a bunch of sprite tables destructable but it'd take too long to change them all individually.

Not to my knowledge, but I immagine tables are all the same for the most part, couldn't you just do one and then Copy & Paste it? then customize them a bit afterwards. If you do it this way, backup your map first in case you aren't happy with the result and don't be surprised if you get "Too much copy and paste" feedback, I used to get that on my blood maps back in the day. Basically, you'll get a higher quality map doing it the long way.

User is offline   Stabs 

i can write a script that will do that when i get home

you can modify them when mapster is running too if you use windowed mode

Share this topic:

• 42 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options