Duke4.net Forums: Need tips on some basic features pls - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need tips on some basic features pls  "Mapster32 shenanigans"

User is offline   Kennardion 

I can't seem to figure out some things in mapster32.

- How to resize and rotate Floor/Ceiling textures.
- What is the size of shrunk Duke .I just can't seem to make a hole big enugh not to squish the player, without letting him go through just by simply crouching.
- How can I make a map for co-op play?
- I found a glitch where a conveyor belt looks like it's going a different way then it actually does. It looks fine in the editor though. How can I fix that?

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostKennardion, on 05 September 2024 - 09:38 AM, said:

I can't seem to figure out some things in mapster32.

- How to resize and rotate Floor/Ceiling textures.
- What is the size of shrunk Duke .I just can't seem to make a hole big enugh not to squish the player, without letting him go through just by simply crouching.
- How can I make a map for co-op play?
- I found a glitch where a conveyor belt looks like it's going a different way then it actually does. It looks fine in the editor though. How can I fix that?

- You don't resize floor/ceiling textures, what you can do is press E on them in 3D mode for a tighter cropping option and/or use relative alignment to first wall (with R). Orientation is by going through all the 90 degree flips made possible by the F key, if you want a diagonal you're going to need a wall with that orientation somewhere with relative alignment set;

- https://infosuite.du...nces_dimensions

- https://infosuite.du...pecial_textures scroll down to 'TEXTURE# 1405 APLAYER';

- Conveyor belt always goes in the direction you can see the texture pan in the editor when pressing numpad 6. Base logic is it's sector first wall-dependent but just going by what 6 does is the only real indication you need really.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 05 September 2024 - 12:43 PM

User is offline   Kennardion 

Thank you. It helped a lot.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options