Duke4.net Forums: Metal Future 3D: Fall of Darkstar - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Metal Future 3D: Fall of Darkstar  "[For people not on the Duke4 Discord to see what's being worked on"

Poll: Metal Future 3D: Fall of Darkstar (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Was it even worth making an entirely new thread for this?

1. I mean, sure, I guess. (8 votes [47.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. Maybe??? (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Get fucked, you fucking knobhead. (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

4. Your mods suck. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Coming never I mean soon (yeah right) from Slap McBald (aka. Plasmatic Software Entertainment):

Posted Image

This here is going to be a thread for me to post some interesting screenshots as well as information on certain stuff in this mod.

Before doing that, however, I'd like to give you all a basic idea of what this whole thing is about and what it has. Of course, I don't have everything about it written down here.

Goal of the project

Spoiler

Backstory

Spoiler

The Man Standing in Their Way

Spoiler

His Mission

Spoiler

With some of that info out of the way, let's discuss what's in the actual mod:

Episodes and Levels

Spoiler

Weapons (subject to change)

Spoiler

I'll leave enemies for another time because I'm not entirely sure what I want.

Screenshots

Nothing here is final.

Attached Image: duke0039.png

Attached Image: duke0002.png

Attached Image: duke0003.png

Attached Image: duke0004.png

Attached Image: duke0005.png

Attached Image: duke0006.png

Attached Image: duke0007.png

Credits

SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THESE GUYS:
3D Realms (the original guys, not the poseurs in charge of it nowadays)
Cage (for creating beta-styled assets)
TerminX (for posting legit pieces of beta assets on the Duke4 discord and giving me some ideas for the mod)
Hendricks266 (for also posting a few bits)
KingaAss (for inspiring me to start this project)
Jimmy (for ripping hud stuff from beta screenshots)
Triaxis (i might have used something he made. i can't remember that well cuz i've lost track of some stuff)
Oasiz (i think his analyses on lameduke might have inspired me in some way. again, can't remember)
Aleks, Sangman, Futuretime23, and several others on the Duke4 Discord (for being very supportive of the project)
Phredreeke (plz stop sending me ai generated garbage)
Lezing (creator of extclut)
Lunick (for putting bits of prototype content on his tumblr blog, duke3dmaps.tumblr.com)
Jet Nick (he ripped something from a beta screenshot and now i'm making use of it)

NO THANKS TO:
Warrenkprince92 (STOP STEALING MY SHIT)
BRYAN2000
Frederik Schreiber

No, I'm not putting Gearbox on that list. That would be cliche.

Stay tuned. There is more information to come... I hope.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Unless you are one of those people with rock solid and consistent internal motivation and work ethic, I recommend that you do periodic releases at development milestones, with each one being playable and including a new map. 95% of announcement like this end up being unfinished and unreleased (or end up with a partial release many years later with the developer admitting they will never finish it).

View PostDanukem, on 04 September 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

Unless you are one of those people with rock solid and consistent internal motivation and work ethic, I recommend that you do periodic releases at development milestones, with each one being playable and including a new map. 95% of announcement like this end up being unfinished and unreleased (or end up with a partial release many years later with the developer admitting they will never finish it).

I might consider releasing a one-map demo. Then, with each update, a new map is added (or perhaps, an existing one is updated if i'm disappointed with something). Not sure how well that will go, but it's worth a try.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGrinman Gore, on 04 September 2022 - 01:15 PM, said:

I might consider releasing a one-map demo. Then, with each update, a new map is added (or perhaps, an existing one is updated if i'm disappointed with something). Not sure how well that will go, but it's worth a try.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Most of your motivation needs to be internal, but getting some feedback along the way is crucial when you are going it alone. Unless, of course, you are one of those freaks who can just work alone for a long time and keep motivated. They do exist.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostDanukem, on 04 September 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

🙋🏻‍♂️

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostGrinman Gore, on 04 September 2022 - 10:05 AM, said:

Phredreeke (plz stop sending me ai generated garbage)'

:lol:

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

This just makes me think of all the conversions from 20 years ago that never saw the light of day.

I actually miss those days quite a bit. Everyone was young and so full of naive enthusiasm to make the "biggest bestest thing evarrrr"

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Which episode will have "Femboy Harem" as its secret level?

View PostPhredreeke, on 14 September 2022 - 03:07 PM, said:

Which episode will have "Femboy Harem" as its secret level?

Episode 5... which doesn't exist and never will :dukinuki:

I didn't want to make this post here but I'm not too keen on getting harassed by psychos over prototypes I don't have. By the way, go fuck yourself for that, Mark Kaminari. Fuckin psycho.

Earlier today, the aforementioned Kaminari dude accused me of having all the Duke prototypes from 94 and 95. Thing is, I fucking don't. His "evidence" was a website that's not even mine (IT'S BETA BRYAN'S OLD WEBSITE) and this thread... or well, shitty phone screenshots of it. Later on, he went onto the Discord server of Hidden Palace and said shit about me and the "betas" I apparently own (bullshit), and in fear of getting potentially fucked in the ass royally over the net (maybe getting blacklisted by hidden palace, eh, idk), I went in there and called him a liar.

Another thing worth noting... one of the goals of this project is to recreate the inaccessible prototypes. If they were made accessible years ago when nu3DR were doing their thing, then this project wouldn't exist in the exact same form.

Moral of the story, don't be like him.

User is offline   VGames 

Dang Mark K gets around lol

UPDATE AFTER SEVEN CENTURIES

At this point I'm not really sure where this mod's going. Development's slow (because i'm an unmotivated retard); it happens in short bursts... a lot has changed in said bursts though. I'm using Marcolino's Legacy Mod as a base, and I'm going for the rawest art direction I can think of: A mix of April, October, and late December 1994. Why? There's a certain charm to it. Not the best, but it's something kinda refreshing in a way, especially since most beta mods I know of are horrid bastardizations of May 95 in some way Hi mark kaminari and warren k prince, your mods fucking suck.

Attached Image: duke0006.png
Attached Image: duke0018.png
Attached Image: duke0020.png
Attached Image: duke0021.png

Wow, I can't wait to see how this stuff looks in seven more centuries!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Release a demo ASAP, that's my advice. The praise you'll undoubtedly receive for it is going to give you a motivation boost. And if reviews are rather critical, at least you know what needs to be adjusted before you take it too far.

Personally I still believe the concept of this project is pretty cool. Always wanted to play some sort of Lame Duke in a way that's actually enjoyable.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 July 2023 - 02:33 PM

View PostNightFright, on 11 July 2023 - 02:30 PM, said:

Release a demo ASAP, that's my advice. The praise you'll undoubtedly receive for it is going to give you a motivation boost. And if reviews are rather critical, at least you know what needs to be adjusted before you take it too far.

Personally I still believe the concept of this project is pretty cool. Always wanted to play some sort of Lame Duke in a way that's actually enjoyable.

I'm not quite sure if there's enough to make a demo of some sort. And even if there was, I'm rather worried about putting it online because of people like Warren K. Prince, who has repeatedly stolen content from an earlier incarnation of the mod I put online and later regretted.

Still, I'll consider it.

User is online   Aleks 

View PostBeware of Frandy Notcum, on 12 July 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

I'm not quite sure if there's enough to make a demo of some sort. And even if there was, I'm rather worried about putting it online because of people like Warren K. Prince, who has repeatedly stolen content from an earlier incarnation of the mod I put online and later regretted.

Still, I'll consider it.

In this case, you could probably share it with some people for beta-testing instead of a public release, to get some idea on where you are.

Small progress report: Textures in M1, one of two levels in the upcoming demo, are almost fully Alt-C'd. No working enemies yet.

Attached Image: duke0027.png

Uhh... oh dear, what's happened to the project now?

Attached Image: Screenshot_Doom_20240308_001924.png

Attached Image: Screenshot_Doom_20240304_165951.png

Attached Image: Screenshot_Doom_20240318_201936.png

For once, there's some actual functionality to speak of instead of something hackish. It cost the project some of its authenticity, but eh.

Spoiler

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

That statusbar is definitely something. Digging the minimalistic style!

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostBeware of Frandy Notcum, on 18 March 2024 - 04:25 PM, said:

Screenshot_Doom_20240318_201936.png

For once, there's some actual functionality to speak of instead of something hackish. It cost the project some of its authenticity, but eh.

That screenshot looks good as a whole too, could be quite at home among the actual pre-release shots from 1995.

Attached Image: Screenshot_Doom_20240324_135451.png

Attached Image: Screenshot_Doom_20240324_223159.png

It's beta, but is it betta? Hard to say.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options