Duke4.net Forums: NetDuke32 - Enhanced Duke3D Netplay! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NetDuke32 - Enhanced Duke3D Netplay!  "Netplay-centric EDuke32 fork, the successor to EDuke32-OldMP."

User is offline   Nash 

Oh, what I meant was, when playing coop with NetDuke32, for example, in E1M1, you can get the shotgun and some pipebombs immediately at the start. Seems to make players OP too early, to me? It's kind of like being able to get the BFG9000 in Doom 2 MAP01 in coop - quite balance-breaking, IMO.

User is offline   Nash 

Another question; do autoloads not work with NetDuke32? Trying to get some of my usual EDuke32 autoloads into NetDuke32.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostNash, on 27 May 2022 - 05:23 AM, said:

Another question; do autoloads not work with NetDuke32? Trying to get some of my usual EDuke32 autoloads into NetDuke32.
Add NoAutoLoad = 0 to the [Setup] section of your netduke32.cfg file. (Tested with NetDuke32 v1 r10054[oldmp_porting]-c4afe166a.)
No idea if and how this affects actual multiplayer, especially if not everyone has the exact same set of autoload CONtents.
There's probably a reason why the Enable "autoload" folder button is missing in the startup window.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Autoloads are not recommended, because it can cause matches to desynchronize if there's any modified tiles or scripts.

Anyway, sorry this took so fucking long, but I've put out NetDuke32 v1.1 RC1 - https://voidpoint.io...Duke32_v1.1_RC1

User is offline   Overfl0w 

Hello. I would like to make a coop/deathmatch mod for NetDuke32. I was wondering what tools you recommend using for packaging .pk3

I imagine most existing Build/Duke3d tools would work, yes?

Where would you recommend I start? I’ve made Duke3d/Eduke32 mods before but never for NetDuke32.

Thanks!

• Auramancer

View PostOverfl0w, on 08 June 2022 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hello. I would like to make a coop/deathmatch mod for NetDuke32. I was wondering what tools you recommend using for packaging .pk3

I imagine most existing Build/Duke3d tools would work, yes?

Where would you recommend I start? I’ve made Duke3d/Eduke32 mods before but never for NetDuke32.

Thanks!

You can just use 7-zip (as long as you use zip format, not 7z) or SLADE.

• Auramancer

View PostNash, on 15 May 2022 - 04:59 AM, said:

!Hello, just tried this port, seems to run well in a quick coop test.

Will there be an option to prevent deathmatch weapons from spawning in coop?

Just letting you know, this feature has been implemented and will be available in NetDuke32 v1.2.

User is offline   Overfl0w 

Greetings,

I was wondering what version of eduke NetDuke32 uses for EDUKE.CON, WEAPON.CON and if there is a mirror for the defaults available? Was there a specific version of EDuke32 that you forked from that point? I've tried using customized EDUKE and WEAPONS and it sites critical errors in EDUKE when I try to launch the game, even though when using the same files in the latest version of EDuke32 they run without issue.

Thank you so much for all of your dedication and hard work it is so much fun to be able to play dukematch and tinker with multiplayer mods again! Thank you for answering my questions, I love this community it's just the best!!!

Oh and I wanted to ask you if there were any plans to make a GUI with lists of lobbies and things for NetLauncher? If not no big deal it works great I was just thinking it could be nice to meet new duke fans!

This post has been edited by Overfl0w: Today, 02:13 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options