Duke4.net Forums: NetDuke32 - Enhanced Duke3D Netplay! - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NetDuke32 - Enhanced Duke3D Netplay!  "Netplay-centric EDuke32 fork, the successor to EDuke32-OldMP."

User is offline   Nash 

#31

Oh, what I meant was, when playing coop with NetDuke32, for example, in E1M1, you can get the shotgun and some pipebombs immediately at the start. Seems to make players OP too early, to me? It's kind of like being able to get the BFG9000 in Doom 2 MAP01 in coop - quite balance-breaking, IMO.
0

User is offline   Nash 

#32

Another question; do autoloads not work with NetDuke32? Trying to get some of my usual EDuke32 autoloads into NetDuke32.
0

User is offline   LeoD 

  • Duke4.net topic/3513

#33

View PostNash, on 27 May 2022 - 05:23 AM, said:

Another question; do autoloads not work with NetDuke32? Trying to get some of my usual EDuke32 autoloads into NetDuke32.
Add NoAutoLoad = 0 to the [Setup] section of your netduke32.cfg file. (Tested with NetDuke32 v1 r10054[oldmp_porting]-c4afe166a.)
No idea if and how this affects actual multiplayer, especially if not everyone has the exact same set of autoload CONtents.
There's probably a reason why the Enable "autoload" folder button is missing in the startup window.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#34

Autoloads are not recommended, because it can cause matches to desynchronize if there's any modified tiles or scripts.

Anyway, sorry this took so fucking long, but I've put out NetDuke32 v1.1 RC1 - https://voidpoint.io...Duke32_v1.1_RC1
3

User is offline   Overfl0w 

#35

Hello. I would like to make a coop/deathmatch mod for NetDuke32. I was wondering what tools you recommend using for packaging .pk3

I imagine most existing Build/Duke3d tools would work, yes?

Where would you recommend I start? I’ve made Duke3d/Eduke32 mods before but never for NetDuke32.

Thanks!
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#36

View PostOverfl0w, on 08 June 2022 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hello. I would like to make a coop/deathmatch mod for NetDuke32. I was wondering what tools you recommend using for packaging .pk3

I imagine most existing Build/Duke3d tools would work, yes?

Where would you recommend I start? I’ve made Duke3d/Eduke32 mods before but never for NetDuke32.

Thanks!

You can just use 7-zip (as long as you use zip format, not 7z) or SLADE.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#37

View PostNash, on 15 May 2022 - 04:59 AM, said:

!Hello, just tried this port, seems to run well in a quick coop test.

Will there be an option to prevent deathmatch weapons from spawning in coop?

Just letting you know, this feature has been implemented and will be available in NetDuke32 v1.2.
-1

User is offline   Overfl0w 

#38

Greetings,

I was wondering what version of eduke NetDuke32 uses for EDUKE.CON, WEAPON.CON and if there is a mirror for the defaults available? Was there a specific version of EDuke32 that you forked from that point? I've tried using customized EDUKE and WEAPONS and it sites critical errors in EDUKE when I try to launch the game, even though when using the same files in the latest version of EDuke32 they run without issue.

Thank you so much for all of your dedication and hard work it is so much fun to be able to play dukematch and tinker with multiplayer mods again! Thank you for answering my questions, I love this community it's just the best!!!

Oh and I wanted to ask you if there were any plans to make a GUI with lists of lobbies and things for NetLauncher? If not no big deal it works great I was just thinking it could be nice to meet new duke fans!

This post has been edited by Overfl0w: 02 July 2022 - 02:13 PM

0

User is offline   Overfl0w 

#39

Disregard, I answered my own questions. :)

Is this be the best place to track of progress for NetDuke32?
0

User is offline   Nash 

#40

View PostStriker, on 15 June 2022 - 10:53 AM, said:

Just letting you know, this feature has been implemented and will be available in NetDuke32 v1.2.


Wonderful! Looking forward to start our coop playthrough as soon as v1.2 drops. :)

EDIT: One other question though; I'd like to get some mods working with this port but it seems the autoload folder doesn't work... ?

This post has been edited by Nash: 10 July 2022 - 01:53 PM

0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#41

 Nash, on 10 July 2022 - 01:44 PM, said:

Wonderful! Looking forward to start our coop playthrough as soon as v1.2 drops. :)

EDIT: One other question though; I'd like to get some mods working with this port but it seems the autoload folder doesn't work... ?

The autoload folder works, but you need to enable it in the startup window. Also, keep in mind, EDuke32 mods that uses custom CONs might not work with this port, either because they use the later CON VM (which is far more advanced than the one in this build), or, they simply weren't made with MP in mind. Though, Vanilla mods and TCs should work just fine.
0

User is offline   Drogoganor 

#42

Awesome port, I love it! I was wondering about adding support for a few options to make co-op more palatable with friends who might get a bit frustrated with dying often to enemies or jumping puzzles:

I wanted to kindly request the following features for NetDuke32:

- A "Fast Item Respawn" game flag that sets item respawns to 2 seconds or so. With this enabled you might want to disable the respawn item sound effect.
- A "Keep after death" flag with options for weapons/weapons + items/weapons + items + ammo, so co-op players don't have to go scour the map for items again after they die.
- The ability for bots to engage monsters. (The bots are really awesome btw).

Another request which might not be possible but I would really love, is the ability for the host to set the co-op spawn points where they're currently standing. This would let me set a spawn point closer to the action so my friends aren't spending the majority of their time running back through the level.

Thanks very much for your work on NetDuke32 so far. I'm hoping it might create a small new renaissance for Build engine games multiplayer. Good luck with RC 1.2.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#43

View PostDrogoganor, on 24 July 2022 - 03:37 AM, said:

Awesome port, I love it! I was wondering about adding support for a few options to make co-op more palatable with friends who might get a bit frustrated with dying often to enemies or jumping puzzles:

I wanted to kindly request the following features for NetDuke32:

- A "Fast Item Respawn" game flag that sets item respawns to 2 seconds or so. With this enabled you might want to disable the respawn item sound effect.
- A "Keep after death" flag with options for weapons/weapons + items/weapons + items + ammo, so co-op players don't have to go scour the map for items again after they die.
- The ability for bots to engage monsters. (The bots are really awesome btw).

Another request which might not be possible but I would really love, is the ability for the host to set the co-op spawn points where they're currently standing. This would let me set a spawn point closer to the action so my friends aren't spending the majority of their time running back through the level.

Thanks very much for your work on NetDuke32 so far. I'm hoping it might create a small new renaissance for Build engine games multiplayer. Good luck with RC 1.2.

First one isn't possible since it's tied to the CON scripts, but you could make it a mod. There's a value in USER.CON that controls the item respawn time. Could make a modified version of that file that and pack it into a GRP or PK3 file. Just make sure everyone in the session has it otherwise you'll get a desynchronized game.

There's an internal flag for keeping inventory after death, so I'll look into exposing it as soon as I'm able (and remember to do it).

As for the bots, that's planned, but there's a lot of code I need to rewrite to make that happen.
0

User is offline   Nash 

#44

Eager to play the next version - when's it coming out? :)
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#45

When it's ready. Should be getting fairly close, though.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options