Duke4.net Forums: Splitscreen mod - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Splitscreen mod  "2 players on the same computer"

User is offline   necroslut 

IMO horizontal split would be better for 4:3, vertical better for 16:9 (widescreen). Splitting a widescreen image horizontally would leave very little room for each player unless you stretch the image quite a lot.

User is offline   Gambini 

Eeeerrrhhh i forgot to say but I have tested it the other day.

First of all, the screen was split vertically, in a gayish fashion. But that didn´t bother me here because i use a 16.9 screen. Problem is I downloaded it for my kids computer which is 4.3 so a horizontal screen would be more straight, you know what i mean. Is there a way to change it?

Then, the other problem is that even binding different keys for each player. Both controls would operate over both players. I.e: Pressing the P1 turn left key would make both players move left, same with the P2 controls. So you end up having two players that go everywhere togheter, like if they were gay.

Are there some instructions about how to make it work properly? Or maybe it requires an specific eduke32 version?

This post has been edited by Gambini: 20 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

Got that same problem. M210 posted an updated version which is horizontal splitscreen, on the second page of the thread.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

OK, I think it's now in a more or less playable state. HUD weapons and status bar are there, complete with hud_scale/hud_weaponscale support. The screen can be split both horizontally and vertically, just toggle the screen size between what would be the HUD-less and the mini status bar to switch. Input is still limited to one keyboard and one mouse (I guess you can connect multiple ones, but their events will be taken together as one).

View PostGambini, on 20 August 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Then, the other problem is that even binding different keys for each player. Both controls would operate over both players. I.e: Pressing the P1 turn left key would make both players move left, same with the P2 controls. So you end up having two players that go everywhere togheter, like if they were gay.

That shouldn't happen. Try backing up the cfg files and reconfiguring anew maybe?

edit: oh and has someone actually played any Dukematches or coops with this?

User is offline   m210® 

edit: oh and has someone actually played any Dukematches or coops with this?

I played at cooperative a bit, and I can say that after finish previous level, at start next level second player get a health from first player, i.e if first player finished a level with 30Hp, at the next level second player will have 30hp too.

Seems I found an other bugs, but I forgot about it ;)

Umm noob question but how do I use this? Can't find a download link for Helixhorneds revision so I would guess it's a built in feature now? If so, how do I activate it?

User is offline   Gambini 

I dont remember where the link was. I´m attaching what i got here for you.

Attached File(s)

View PostGambini, on 21 August 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

I dont remember where the link was. I´m attaching what i got here for you.

Thanks, so it was posted on the first page, I didn't check that far back ;) Very cool! I think this should be included in eduke32 as a feature.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The splitscreen mod is included with EDuke32 synthesis builds and in the svn repo. The mod is best played using the latest EDuke32 and the splitscr.con contained in its samples directory.

User is offline   TC MDan 

Hey there.

I downloaded the latest eduke32 and copied the splitscr.con file from the samples dir to the main duke dir. Then, created, both a shortcut and a *.bat file with the command specified (-mx splitsrc.con -q2). Then, when starting a new game (which starts as an online game), i configure for coop gameplay but then, it goes to a screen with the message 'Waiting for votes'. After that, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

I tried the horizontal splitscr.con file uploaded here with eduke v. 2895 and it works great, though weapons don't have animations and there are fake dukebots laying there at the beginning of the levels. Is this a normal behaviour?

I don't know much about eduke32/built commands. But, is there a way to work it out? Can someone specify any missing step?

Thanks in advance for the help.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The splitscreen mod relies on some nasty hacks that Helixhorned added to EDuke32 itself. I disabled them because they interfered with the fake multiplayer feature, which Fox needed to test the Duke 64 mod with.

However, I didn't remove these hacks from the code entirely. Try running the splitscr.con module with this binary, which has them toggled back on: http://hendricks266....litscr-r5056.7z

The command to use is

eduke32.splitscr.exe -mx splitscr.con -q2 -server

so that the menu allows you to launch a game, under "Host Game".

At first glance, it looks like the MP code is in such a poor state that Player 1 is squished by the spawn point itself and cannot move. However, typing DNKROZ allowed me to get up and move around.

This still leaves Duke sprites at all the spawn points that, when shot, hurt Player 1. Add this to the bottom of splitscr.con to hide them:

gamevar temp 0 0

onevent EVENT_GAME
    ifactor APLAYER
    {
        getactor[THISACTOR].yvel temp
        ifvarg temp 1
            cstat 32768
    }
endevent

User is offline   TC MDan 

Thanks. It worked pretty well.

I have another question regarding, controls. While configuring player 2 controls, I realised there's no P2 STRAFE LEFT or P2 STRAFE RIGHT button. Did I miss those controls somewhere, or are they completely missing? Is there a way to configure strafe left and strafe right for Player 2?

This post has been edited by TC MDan: 12 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

User is offline   Adamputee 

View PostTC MDan, on 12 March 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

Thanks. It worked pretty well.

I have another question regarding, controls. While configuring player 2 controls, I realised there's no P2 STRAFE LEFT or P2 STRAFE RIGHT button. Did I miss those controls somewhere, or are they completely missing? Is there a way to configure strafe left and strafe right for Player 2?

When I tried this, P2 couldn't strafe and had no auto-aim. I explained to my friend that this was a mod to take control of a holoduke (rather than 2 player like Duke64 haha).

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options